Auto weather poll

What should Smogon do regarding auto weather?

• Ban Drizzle

Votes: 149 26.9%
  • Ban all Auto-weather

Votes: 112 20.3%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 292 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're misunderstanding my argument. Regardless of Scizor or pokemon that are above it, this new January ladder takes into account player ranking when it calculates usage stats. The fact that less than 1/4 of players use Politoed brings into question how "broken" and "overcentralizing" Drizzle is.
Very poor argument, when excadrill and blaziken were banned they weren't even in top 15. The major difference between politoed and the aforementioned ubers is that they are rather individual whilst politoed supports the whole team.

Btw look at the average weight for Tornadus-T in January stats, its the highest in the OU tier..

Not everybody wants to use toed and i'll tell you now in the higher rated games where most of these posters are from, rain is present in MORE than 25% of games, not as much anymore as during the T-T days but its still there.

You're misunderstanding my argument. Regardless of Scizor or pokemon that are above it, this new January ladder takes into account player ranking when it calculates usage stats. The fact that less than 1/4 of players use Politoed brings into question how "broken" and "overcentralizing" Drizzle is.
But over half the meta uses weather. Drizzle is getting called out because it's the most popular and powerful weather now, and there's hopes that with it gone, counters to the other weathers will be easier to run and will unbreak sand/sun.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@Lavos Spawn

Sorry but i don't want to continue our discussion as it has been getting more and more ridiculous. Your opinion as to what is good and what isn't really confuses me, as well as your talk about trade-offs when using not so standard sets or moves. You say that Kingdra is a suboptimal Pokemon because it wasn't good in an entirely different meta? By the same logic Dragonite is a suboptimal Pokemon because it wasn't good in DPP OU. If Kingdra fares well in the current meta it is a good Pokemon, simple as that. You can't take away one of its better qualities (the ability to combat rain) and then call it suboptimal.

You also mention some sun and rain playstyles that are not viable in BW2 and then you blame Drizzle for this. But if Drizzle wasn't in OU, we woudn't even have those playstyles to begin with (if Drizzle goes, it is very possible Drought will folow). So with Drizzle in OU we have more viable playstyles than without it, even when accounting for the playstyles that rain makes unviable (and not only rain makes some playstyles you mentioned unviable but whatever).

Then you mention that i can't say that weatherless teams are fine just because i beat some rotten opponents in the ladder. Is this serious? How do you know what opponents i faced, and if they were good or not? I don't mean that the ladder is full of good opponents, but to say that i didn't face and win against good teams and players is absurd...

Fianlly, you keep saying that weatherless teams are at a huge disadvantage against weather teams, but my experience says otherwise, so no point in arguing anymore anyway. We just disagree.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Since the arguments made here are starting to go in circle and the thread has been almost dead in the last 2 days, I think we can consider this discussion closed. Thanks to everyone who participated, we will definitely take the results of this poll into consideration, next time we approach the weather issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)