SV OU Aurora veil + Kyurem Balanced

I'm new to teambuilding, and this is the first time I've built a team and been somewhat successful with it, so if someone could rate it and suggest changes that'd be helpful. As a side note, I'm bad at assigning tera types, so they might seem off for some of my mons.

Full team:
1. Ninetales-alola
2. Kyurem
3. Corviknight
4. Clodsire
5. Great tusk
6. Kingambit

:sv/ninetales-alola:

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Ninetales is here to set up aurora veil and hail, which boosts kyurem's ice type moves and allows it to use blizzard comfortably. It can check common starting mons like pretty much every ground type, skarmory(unless it has a steel type move) and glimmora to some extent too(psyshock). Hard countered by gholdengo though. Tera water is to resist steel and fire incase of an emergency.

:sv/kyurem:

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Tera Blast

I considered specs at first, but playing some matches, I found that having specs means kyurem can only play as a late game sweeper, otherwise the opponent has a mon most of the time which resists the move kyurem is locked into. Since I start with hail, I'd want to bring kyu out as soon as possible so I went with life orb instead. Fire tera blast kills most of its steel type counters, and fire also allows kyu to live at least one hit from steel or dragon moves.

:sv/corviknight:

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Roost
- U-turn

Corv's the defensive wall of the team. It has the neat flying-steel type which makes it immune to every hazard besides rocks, and allows it to be switched in when I know a ground move is coming, thus acting as a pivot. Mirror armor counters mystical fire and gives me the option to switch corv in if I know the opponent is about to lower my mon's stats. Ground tera is to resist fire and electric. My team has no hazard setters so I kept defog, though I'm considering if maybe tailwind, taunt or one of the screens is a better option.

:sv/clodsire:

Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Yawn
- Recover
- Earthquake

Clod walls almost every special attacker, has unaware and carries both toxic and yawn. Gholdengo is I think the only mon who is immune to both of these, but even then it gets hard countered by clodsire due to its great special defense and having earthquake. I have no idea what tera type to give tho lmao so suggestions would be appreciated here. I'm also considering whether galarian slowking would be a better option, since it also has good special defense, has regenerator, and chilly reception works well with kyurem if ninetales faints.

:sv/great tusk:

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam

Great tusk, having a great ground type stab, can kill a lot of opponents and acts as the main physical attacker of the team. Heavy slam is to kill fairies, as the rest of my team doesn't have good answers to that type. Rapid spin would be unnecessary since I have defog, but i kept it anyway since it increases speed. On the other hand, I kept defog as switching in tusk to spin hazards away is dangerous a lot of the time, and also wastes booster energy. Tusk kills pretty much every steel and fire type, kills kingambit unless it has a highly boosted attack stat, and with booster energy + rapid spin, can also outspeed and kill some fragile counters like meowscarada and ogerpon.

:sv/kingambit:

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

This mon's just a beast. Fighting type counters can be chipped away by corv's rocky helmet and finished by ninetales's moonblast, while iron valiant can be stalled with tera ground clodsire (so psyshock doesn't do too much damage) and toxic/yawn, allowing for a clean kingambit sweep at the end in most scenarios. I invested some points on speed so that it can outspeed other kingambits having no points in speed and kill with low kick.

Weaknesses I've found in the team:
1. No answers to clefable. Heavy slam great tusk is the only supereffective move against it, but without booster energy, clef lives and can hit back with moonblast.
2. Water types are somewhat good against my team, with kyurem's freeze dry being the only supereffective move against them.
3. Without stat boosts, the fastest on the team is alolan ninetales, who only has 348 in that stat, which means my entire team gets outsped by a huge chunk of glass cannons in the meta right now.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Cool Team!
Running Tera Blast Fire on Kyurem could be helpful but I think Earth Power is more consistent and doesn't force you to Tera. Your Team is also really weak to fire so that could also help. Instead of Tera Fire you could use Fairy, Steel or Ice.
If you have a Problem with Clef you can just use Tera Steel on your Great Tusk or/and put Iron Head on your Kingambit.
And yes, your Team is to slow.
Iron Boulder can potentially K.O your Entire Team if Corviknight is gone and if it has a defensive Tera.
I don't know if your Team needs Clodsire and Corviknight.
I'd maybe swap one of those guys out for Rillaboom. It beats Water Types, Clef and has priority with Grassy Glide. The Grassy Terrain also heals back some of the Life Orb Damage.
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Grassy Terrain: 357-421 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Rilla also helps against Iron Boulder.
You could also put Zamazenta on your Team instead. High Speed Tier, can beat Fairies(with Heavy Slam) and it can sweep with Body Press.
Heatran could also be an Option. It deals with Fire Types and can also hit Fairies with Steel Moves.

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Imma just add one thing:
replace Psyshock with encore on Ninetales, can stop early game sweepers and you don't really need to run coverage on your veil setter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)