Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

Could have been a rare sighting. Maybe they picked it up from some older friends. Anyway, it's not surprising, AoT is by far the most popular new anime in a while.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
ACTUAL PLOT ACTUAL PLOT ACTUAL PLOT
I found the chapter to be incredibly engaging - we finally know a little bit more.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What the fuck was Armin's face in that panel.

And jesus fuck FINALLY we have some plot going on.

By the way, where do you read it? I go to Mangareader but they're using lol Mangapanda and I have to deal with shit like what they did on the first panel (affected by what???).

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Random: Am I the only one who wonders why the anime versions of the theme songs are awesome, but the full versions suck balls?

(Also, was shocked as hell when Guren no Yumiya made into the New Year's Kohaku Gasen special annual marathon)

Random: Am I the only one who wonders why the anime versions of the theme songs are awesome, but the full versions suck balls?

(Also, was shocked as hell when Guren no Yumiya made into the New Year's Kohaku Gasen special annual marathon)
I actually like the full versions quite a lot. I didn't at first, but they grow on you.

You also got my hopes up quite a bit; just checked three different websites hoping for a new chapter.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually like the full versions quite a lot. I didn't at first, but they grow on you.

You also got my hopes up quite a bit; just checked three different websites hoping for a new chapter.
Ah... nothing like that Kou-Haku (Red-White) Gasen (Singing Competition) is a music marathon run every New Year's eve in Japan that brings the greatest hit singers of the year and in history and across genres (everything from Enka to Anime music) together for massive contest that leads up to the New Year's count-down.

The "White" team is male groups/singers, the Red team is female groups/singers-- though in recent years, the White team dominates so massively that you wonder if it can be called a contest (the women rarely win, no matter how many girls AKB48 throws out).

Guren no Yumiya was so hot that it made the line up. I wonder what the average Japanese who never saw Attack on Titans thought of the song (and those lyrics-- the ones they could understand because not German anyway).

Ah... nothing like that Kou-Haku (Red-White) Gasen (Singing Competition) is a music marathon run every New Year's eve in Japan that brings the greatest hit singers of the year and in history and across genres (everything from Enka to Anime music) together for massive contest that leads up to the New Year's count-down.

The "White" team is male groups/singers, the Red team is female groups/singers-- though in recent years, the White team dominates so massively that you wonder if it can be called a contest (the women rarely win, no matter how many girls AKB48 throws out).

Guren no Yumiya was so hot that it made the line up. I wonder what the average Japanese who never saw Attack on Titans thought of the song (and those lyrics-- the ones they could understand because not German anyway).
Whoops, the second line of my post wasn't replying to the second part of yours. I just saw that there was a new post in this thread and assumed a new chapter had come out :x

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Jebus McAzn -- Maybe I'm just too indoctrinated into J-pop. From a Japanese perspective, the anime versions of the songs are more main-stream; closer to the norm.

For instance Guren no Yumiya has none of that Ramstine-wannabe crap in the full version that's just painful to my ears. On my own iTunes, I only listen to a re-mix of the full version that cuts most of that out.

Wing's of Freedom sounds like it has an entirely new main singer. The original (anime) version sounds bad ass, passionate, and is an awesome and electrifying piece blending German and Japanese into a high-energy anime song that rocks.

The full version is trying way too hard to be some kind of European chorus song, like they're trying to "Heil Hitler." It's just ewwwwww compared to the original.

Guess what I'm saying is that the anime versions are much more "Japanese", and for me, that's a good thing.

Maybe a German fan would like the full versions better? dunno

Chou Toshio

Over9000
What really freaks me out about this chapter is that it implies that there MIGHT be someone even STRONGER than Levi (with the 3D gear, or with even stronger tech).

It would make sense, if the king "underground" kept even stronger tech to himself for times like this...

Actually, this "anti-human 3D Gear"... I can already imagine how it could be stronger in a fight against humans using regular 3D gear. What piece of equipment is necessary to fight titans, but totally unnecessary to fight humans?

The swords.

Probably the most unnatural looking part of the 3D gear is those giant blade sheaths. They must weigh down the user a lot compared to if he didn't have them-- weighing down both the 3D gear and the user's own muscle power. If you didn't need them, I'd bet you'd be WAY faster.

Plus, why use swords to kill humans when you can use pistols? They have guns in this era. We haven't seen anything small enough to be used like a hand gun, but there's no guarantee it doesn't exist anymore.

Imagine someone fighting with 3D gear, unburdened by the sheath cases, and using guns instead of swords? (and they could have a normal sword at their belt just in case)

They would have a massive advantage against someone using the standard anti-titan 3D gear. So much so, I could see someone easily being able to beat Levi.

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Ok so I started watching this show on YouTube today after a friend recommended it and I watched up to ep. 5 with subs but then ep. 6 didn't have the right subs and I can't find an uploader with the right vid. Can someone point me to the right direction on YouTube or otherwise. I don't get it on TV where I live so I can't do that.

Edit: also please reply directly to this post since I don't just want to click every time I get a notification in fear of spoilers.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I started watching this show on YouTube today after a friend recommended it and I watched up to ep. 5 with subs but then ep. 6 didn't have the right subs and I can't find an uploader with the right vid. Can someone point me to the right direction on YouTube or otherwise. I don't get it on TV where I live so I can't do that.

Edit: also please reply directly to this post since I don't just want to click every time I get a notification in fear of spoilers.
I watched Attack on Titan via Crunchyroll. THERE are ads in-between the shows, unless you download an ad blocker (which I highly recommend anyways).

blitzlefan

shake it off!

http://anime.fullfights.org/episodes/subbed/attack-on-titan-shingeki-no-kyojin
I use adblock so I have no clue if the ads are bad, but this worked very well for me.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I watched Attack on Titan via Crunchyroll. THERE are ads in-between the shows, unless you download an ad blocker (which I highly recommend anyways).
I saw this site when I searched "Attack on Titan Free" or whatever, but of course I didn't know if it was safe so thanks for reassuring me lol I can finally see how the hell this story progresses after Eren get rekt. Thanks blitzlefan too, I'll use that if crunchy roll doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)