Ask the Admins - Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(To Zarel): Are you planning to get Pokemon Showdown out of Beta anytime soon? I know your busy, it just bugs me how it's inclined that since we are in "Beta" that we have much to fix about the site. And, personally, I don't see any major problems at all.
(To The Immortal): Why do you always stalk the WiFi Room? What is your stance on room drivers? As in, do you trust them? etc...
(To Jdarden): How does it feel to live in Zarel's shadow? How does it feel to be mainly just behind the scenes of Pokemon Showdown? I say this because I don't (nearly) ever see you online.

Thank you for reading my post! n_n

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Well I'd just like to know if they're in a room or not.
They probably don't appreciatted being onslaughted with PMs daily. If they are accepting PMs at the time, and are in a public room, that'd be a goodtime to PM them. If you want to see adminsin a room, most admins hangout in specific rooms. They may not be in those rooms at all times, yet they are still in those rooms a considerable ammount.

They probably don't appreciatted being onslaughted with PMs daily. If they are accepting PMs at the time, and are in a public room, that'd be a goodtime to PM them. If you want to see adminsin a room, most admins hangout in specific rooms. They may not be in those rooms at all times, yet they are still in those rooms a considerable ammount.
never thought about pm ing them, although I can see how others would do so. guess I'll remove that question.

If they are on an alt then they do not want you to know if they are in a room or not.
Not necessarily. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm deleting that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is to The Immortal : i think this might not happen Quite yet but i had the idea of Twitch streaming incorporated into the server since i am a Low class Youtuber with a twitch account i was thinking it would be cool to stream Live to twitch and what are your opinions on this topic

What's Pokemon?

To whoever knows: How much RAM does it take to actually run such a massive server?

More importantly, Is Snorlax the cutest Pokemon? Choose one of the following: Definitely, Awww it's adorable!, YES.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To TI and jdarden: Before becoming a global staff member, I used to battle a lot more. However, after becoming one, I began to dedicate most of my time to improving the sim (i.e. policy, coding in TI's case) as opposed to improving my battling skills. Was the same true for either of you?

(Obviously this question doesn't make sense for Zarel.)

Last edited:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To haunter: Why so much sass What is your favorite pokemon? besides haunter. Also, when will you evolve?
The Player is resurrecting the old Ask the Admins series from The Smog. This series involves asking any questions you want to members of the administrative team, this time for PS Leaders and above. Our first panel consists of jdarden,The Immortal and Zarel!
'To haunter:' ?

To Zarel: What was Showdown like when it just started? Was it as good as it is right now or did it need a lot more improvement to become a good simulator then?

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Random standard questions incoming:

1. What is your favorite pokemon? Why is it your favorite pokemon and what do you like the most about it?
2. Who or how did you get involved with pokemon showdown?
3. Do your friends, family, parents know about your contributions to Showdown? If yes, how did they respond to that?

Of course you don't have to answer these questions, you might feel uncomfortable answering the last one. But hope answer them.
Thanks for contributing to showdown and making it what it is now. <3

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
1.(Zarel) Did PS! cost you any money out of pocket to create at any point in time?
2.(All) Do you ever go and log on as an alt and chat in lobby/any other room?
3.(The Immortal) Why are our colors so similar on the sim

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Vacate mentioned this should be closed tonight so I'll take a second to thank everyone for their questions! We'll be working on interrogating each admin so the answers can be published in this month's issue of The Player. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)