Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Is your question does the opponent's fastest pokemon get sent out first?
Yeah im asking like if i have a weavile thats max speed and my opponent has a scarfed meowscarada. Will the meowscarada come out first since with scarf its faster then weavile. That way I could use it to find out if my opponent is scarfed or not.

Yeah im asking like if i have a weavile thats max speed and my opponent has a scarfed meowscarada. Will the meowscarada come out first since with scarf its faster then weavile. That way I could use it to find out if my opponent is scarfed or not.
If I uderstand your quetion, when it switches in, who switches in first?I think it goes by the turn on which it was swicthed out

cat

love so good feels like a thriller
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
no, in formats with team preview (the screen that shows both you and your opponent's team), your opponent picks which pokemon to send out. in formats without team preview bar randbats, the lead pokemon will be the pokemon in the first teamslot. in randbats, your lead is random

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That’s not what they’re asking. What they’re asking is if, when you and your opponent select a mon on team preview, if sending the mon out first has any bearing on determining its Speed. Pretty sure the answer is no.

What you can use to determine Speed is stuff like ability / item activations.

E.g. You send out a Scarf Lando-T, your opponent sends out a Tapu Lele.

Psychic Surge activates first and sets terrain, then Intimidate activates.

You can thus deduce that the opponent’s Lele is also Scarf.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if showdown sends out the pokemon that is fastest in a battle first for either gen 9 or Natdex? If it doesn't send out the fastest mon first does it just randomly pick a mon to send out first?
After looking more into it, the pokemon that will be sent out first when a battle starts will the one from either player who selected it first.
I always take time choosing my lead in tournament matches and when my opponent has already did, the lead animation is coming from them.
Whereas in ladder matches I'm usually the first to sent out the mon because of the quick ladder environment.

Another common example would be from Hyper Offense teams that have a dedicated pokemon to lead with and the lead animation will be coming from that specific pokemon the player picked quick enough when the battle starts.

Everything else that follows is speed based. (Abilities / items / speed ties)

are there any plans for rotation battles? i really want to play rotation battles because i really like the idea. if this ever gets added i would be really active there

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
are there any plans for rotation battles? i really want to play rotation battles because i really like the idea. if this ever gets added i would be really active there
You already suggested this and got pointed that there are plans and technically is in progress, but I'm unsure if there is any ETA since it's clearly low priority as an old gens exclusive mechanic.
why are there so many suggestions that are still pending
Usually, the ones that are lower priority or even devs/staff are unsure if they are worth take longer to be evaluated. Furthermore, almost only the head devs actually give the green flags, and they are quite busy to continuously evaluate suggestions.

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-2080879199

I think I just battled against a bot, is this true? If so, is it one of the Showdown bots that's supposed to be there or a third party?
Bots are allowed in Pokémon Showdown

Bots programmed to ladder and play battles are allowed! Generally, the only benefit they have over humans is how quickly they take actions in between turns, which doesn't give them any unfair advantage. That being said, bots created with the sole purpose of worsening player experience through things like mass forfeiting or spamming in the chat are still against the rules and should be reported to staff if encountered.

Hey guys, anyway I can reset my password for my smogon account and showdown as I got notified by my iphone that my password was in a data leak.

so uh when i'm spectating battles, it randomly says something like "chat set to +or another symbol" and then i can't talk anymore, why is this
That's called modchat, users who aren't of that rank or higher will not be able to talk. In battles, players (which are denoted by their star symbol) can promote/demote users to voice. (Edit: Them, alongside staff members, are able to set modchat.)

/modchat [off/autoconfirmed/trusted/+/%/@/*/player/#/&] - Set the level of moderated chat. Requires: % ☆ for off/autoconfirmed/+/player options, * @ # & for all the options

You'll also find that this extends to rooms sometimes. Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)