Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Wait... No rules? You mean, no clauses whatsoever? If so, why are you using Starmie lol?
as i said, the people i am battling aren't very smart, one has a darkrai, that will probably go strait for darkvoid, so hoping its not trained in speed (he traded for it) i trick a scarf on him even if i'm asleep who cares hes stuck and might not switch. also he has a couple dragons, hence the ice beam and ho-oh = hydro pump.

really these guys are kids, its not even competitive battling when its all legends and dragons with darkvoid being there only non attacking move.

i'll do recover, hoping not to take too much damage from anything else, but double team is also considerate. lefties cosmic power would be viable but im trickscarfing so i guess thats not even an option.

I would like to ask you a question because someone told me that after the RSE metagame concept of bulky water (no weakness on the physical side) has changed, exactly, what is the real definition after RSE?

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Well, bulky water means a bulky Water-type. (-.-) So really, the definition itself haven't changed.

It's more like that the metagame around it changed so much that it doesn't look as 'bulky' anymore. In DPP, stuff like Roserade / Breloom means that unless you have some offensive capability, your bulky Water-type is just a set-up bait. Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks mean more residual damage and less bulk for water types. (Most of them hate Toxic as you might realize) Increased Base Power from RSE, advent of Life Orb, and the Physical-Special split are also big difference-makers. (E.g: In RSE, Mence could at best 3HKO Suicune with Choice Band. In DPP, that's not even a problem with Life Orb Draco Meteor + Outrage.) They can no longer just Rest + Sleep Talk and tank just about every unboosted hit thrown at them. As a result, standalone bulky Water-types have evolved to put offensive pressure on the opponent.

Look at 3 premier 'bulky waters' in DPP: Suicune, Gyarados, Starmie--not saying these are the best, but they are very good, and you can't deny that. They all have access to a 'defensive' set (RestTalk Suicune, ResTalk Gyarados, Recover + Rapid Spin Starmie) if you so wish, but they also make strong attackers.

Just think about this: Suicune's most used set in DPP is Offensive Calm Mind, with 252/252 Timid. Bulky Waters now need offensive presence to make a mark in DPP.

As for BW, bulky waters are pretty bad with all the Ferrothorn usage. Most Water-types that top OU pack serious firepower (think LO Starmie, Specs Politoed in Rain) It isn't a coincidence that the only true 'Bulky Water' in BW OU is Jellicent, which has access to Taunt + W-o-W, meaning it can shut down Ferrothorn.

Hope this helped!

is this a good set for DW crawdaunt?

Crawdapt
crabhammer
crunch
superpower
dragon dance
Life orb
Adaptability (DW)
Jolly
HP 4/Atk 252/Spe 252

so, i wanted a pokemon with adaptablility. as crawdaunt is the only one with it with 2 types, i figure he can make the best of it. plus i have 7000 DP, so i am looking into what it can do. factoring STAB, his moves power is 120, 160, 180. dragon dance for added power and some speed. the idea is to get in a kill or 2(maybe even sweep) before dying to Focus blast.

what is the best 2nd move for Last Resort snorlax. crunch, bellydrum, or thunderpunch. bellydrum lets you get the most out of last resort, but leaves me helpless against ghosts. crunch hits ghost super effective but not effective against steel. thunderpunch hits all of them normal effectiveness.

finally, in Mt. Coronet in Pearl, what are the chances of getting feebas if you fish on the right tile? also, are all of the tiles together, or spread out?

finally, in Mt. Coronet in Pearl, what are the chances of getting feebas if you fish on the right tile? also, are all of the tiles together, or spread out?
There are 4 tiles in which you have a chance to find Feebas. I'm not quite sure what that chance is, but I hear the percentage should be around ~50% (Not even Serebii has a percentage up). It is recommended by most that you fish at each tile at least 5 times to find the Feebas tiles. The tiles are spread out, which makes this task even harder x: On top of that, they change every day.

If you Psycho Shift a status while you're holding an item that causes one (e.g. Toxic Orb), do you get the status back the same turn you lose it?

EVs

people say you shouldn't rare candie pokemon, because they don't gain EVs. but if you vitamin them, and then rare candie does it work? i mean does it do the same as leveling them up with vitamins on wild pokemon?

can anyone explain /#/#/#/# mean? and can any1 have a little practice battle with me?
if this is the wrong thread to post this on can anyone please tell me what the thread is called?

can anyone explain /#/#/#/# mean? and can any1 have a little practice battle with me?
if this is the wrong thread to post this on can anyone please tell me what the thread is called?
as long as your asking the first question the second should be ok, but i can't do one right now. 31/31/31/31/31/31 is the IV's for a pokemon, 31 is the highest 0 is the lowest, so ^that^ is the best you can get unless the pokemon is supposed to have hidden power.

battle tower team

i am currently cheating for a good battle tower team, and i am wondering what i should teach my subpolish leichi rhyperior,

Rhyperior @ leichi berry/zoom lens (probably leichi)
ability: solid rock
adamant nature (+atk -spa)
- stone edge/earthquake stone edge is powerfull, but low accuracy, but with earthquake i find myself being walled by levitating ghosts.
- focus punch
- substitute
- rock polish
EVs: 100 hp/ 252 atk/ 152 def/ 4 spe

its teamed with a scarftrick taunt mr. mime and a swords dance shedinja. with this i can trick a scarf on the first pokemon, and then switch to the pokemon that resists the move. shedinja, for anything but fire flying dark ghost and rock, and rhyperior for; fire flying dark ghost and rock.

Sooo....I am quickly approaching the 999:59 mark on my Heart Gold cartridge. I know that the clock stops there and doesn't go any higher. The question is will I still be able to play the game? Or does the game itself stop as well? I've tried to Google around to get a definitive answer, but I've gotten different ones :/

Also wanted to get some clarity on a clock "glitch". Apparently in Diamond or Pearl, once you get to 990:00 the clock skips up to 998 or 999. True or False? And if true, does the same apply to Heart Gold?

Sooo....I am quickly approaching the 999:59 mark on my Heart Gold cartridge. I know that the clock stops there and doesn't go any higher. The question is will I still be able to play the game? Or does the game itself stop as well? I've tried to Google around to get a definitive answer, but I've gotten different ones :/

Also wanted to get some clarity on a clock "glitch". Apparently in Diamond or Pearl, once you get to 990:00 the clock skips up to 998 or 999. True or False? And if true, does the same apply to Heart Gold?
I can't say about the glitch, but don't worry about the time. Your game will keep going. I hit 999:59 in Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver and all was well.

I have a few questions about IVs. Let's say I want to train a Swampert with the following EV spread: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD

1. When breeding a Mudkip, I would need to ensure perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD, correct?

2. Does it not matter what the other IVs are? Let's say the IVs in Atk and SpA are low. Would a pokemon with low IVs in less important stats even be worth training?

3. Is there anything else about IVs I should take into account?

Oh, I also have a question about EVs.

4. Does it matter how quickly the pokemon I am EV training levels up? Does it matter if I train against slowpokes at level 5 as opposed to level 25 slowpokes?

Thanks!

I have a few questions about IVs. Let's say I want to train a Swampert with the following EV spread: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD

1. When breeding a Mudkip, I would need to ensure perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD, correct?

2. Does it not matter what the other IVs are? Let's say the IVs in Atk and SpA are low. Would a pokemon with low IVs in less important stats even be worth training?

3. Is there anything else about IVs I should take into account?

Oh, I also have a question about EVs.

4. Does it matter how quickly the pokemon I am EV training levels up? Does it matter if I train against slowpokes at level 5 as opposed to level 25 slowpokes?

Thanks!
well, if the swampert/mudkip isn't supposed to have any attacking moves or special attacking moves, then no, you don't need any iv's in atk or spa.

so a set like this

swampert @ leftovers
ability: torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
impish nature (+def -spa) or careful nature (+spd -spa)
- toxic
- stealth rock
- protect
- roar
not that this is the set you are using, but with no attacking moves, you don't need any IV's in atk or spa. still, having good atk and having 1 attacking move is recommended so that you are not ruined by taunters, witch stop you using moves that don't inflict direct damage.

as for the ev gain? hmm, i really am not sure, but i think you could train an lv. 25 slowpoke, because if it doesn't have the maximum EVs at lv. 100 just keep giving it EVs at lv 100 and deposit it in the box to activate them. again i don't know much about them, but i think thats how it works.

well, if the swampert/mudkip isn't supposed to have any attacking moves or special attacking moves, then no, you don't need any iv's in atk or spa.

so a set like this

swampert @ leftovers
- toxic
- stealth rock
- protect
- roar
not that this is the set you are using, but with no attacking moves, you don't need any IV's in atk or spa. still, having good atk and having 1 attacking move is recommended so that you are not ruined by taunters, witch stop you using moves that don't inflict direct damage.

as for the ev gain? hmm, i really am not sure, but i think you could train an lv. 25 slowpoke, because if it doesn't have the maximum EVs at lv. 100 just keep giving it EVs at lv 100 and deposit it in the box to activate them. again i don't know much about them, but i think thats how it works.
I was planning on running the recommend tank set, so...

swampert @ leftovers
- ice beam
- stealth rock
- earthquake
- roar

Does this mean I need to breed quadruple perfect IVs (HP, Def, SpD, SpA, Atk)? Or should I just emphasis earthquake for STAB? Or do SpA and Atk even need to have perfect IVs, will near perfects suffice?

Thank you for your response!

EV Training Question:
If I have a Level 1 Larvitar with a Power Anklet, and I start the battle (against a Zubat, say), switch to a higher level Pokemon, and KO the Zubat, will my Larvitar gain 5 speed EVs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)