Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (IRC Edition) Mark 2

Hey Smogon,

Just wanted to get some help with regards to IRC commands. I've been having a blast there, but still struggle with some commands. Is there an on site article or a useful link someone could provide to allow me to familiarize myself with the IRC commands? Thanks in advance!

~Moonstone
This is a pretty good list but it isn't the easiest to read. There aren't really very many about. Something onsite about this could definitely be very handy.

Hey Smogon,

How does one create an IRC channel here or is it an exclusive thing? I though it'd be cool to have a personal channel of sorts and maybe have some fun with it later on, but forgive me if this seems noob-ish.

~Moonstone

I mean, you can go on /join #whateverchannelnameyouwantcangoherebutifit'stoolongsomepeoplemightnotgotoit, and just chat there if you feel like. Sometimes with friends, when I need to say something and my friends don't all have whatever chatting service I'm using at the time, I just go to IRC as the great unifier.

Hey Smogon,

How does one create an IRC channel here or is it an exclusive thing? I though it'd be cool to have a personal channel of sorts and maybe have some fun with it later on, but forgive me if this seems noob-ish.

~Moonstone
Anyone who is connected to IRC and has a registered nick can create a channel. Everything you need to know about making and managing an IRC channel can be found by using the command "/cs help" (or "/msg chanserv help" if that doesn't work fsr) when connected to IRC. For help on the individual commands that show up when you do /cs help, type "/cs help (name of the command)". For example, if you need more information on the "register" command, type "/cs help register". Note that you need to be in a channel to register it.

I mean, you can go on /join #whateverchannelnameyouwantcangoherebutifit'stoolongsomepeoplemightnotgotoit, and just chat there if you feel like. Sometimes with friends, when I need to say something and my friends don't all have whatever chatting service I'm using at the time, I just go to IRC as the great unifier.
Anyone who is connected to IRC and has a registered nick can create a channel. Everything you need to know about making and managing an IRC channel can be found by using the command "/cs help" (or "/msg chanserv help" if that doesn't work fsr) when connected to IRC. For help on the individual commands that show up when you do /cs help, type "/cs help (name of the command)". For example, if you need more information on the "register" command, type "/cs help register". Note that you need to be in a channel to register it.
Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. :)

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so i havent been the biggest user of irc, but more recently people have been asking me to join. I used to be able to join chats and be under various nicks and what not, but now whenever I try to join a channel this happens:

I go from this:
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.26.59 PM.png

to this:
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.16.55 PM.png

and then i just sit here and nothing happens the top right just says waiting. I've tried switching the channel to synIRC[webirc] like I saw suggested above and nothing happens when I hit connect. I also cannot download any apps on the computer I am using as that was another suggestion. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sounds like a problem on your end but I'm no Mibbit expert anymore. Hopefully somebody can actually help, I'm more just an encouraging word here.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm agree with what's said above. Unfortunately, I'm having the same exact problem with mibbit and it's really bothering me. Anyone with suggestions?

katie

Banned deucer.
Okay, so when I'm logging into Hexchat a ghost keeps appearing that isn't me. Any idea on how to get rid of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)