Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Flying Press Edition

I just realized that the Article "A Guide to Entry Hazards in Little Cup | Part 2: Entry Hazard Removal and Spinblockers" Has a minor typo saying that Defog is a water type move. How would I point this out?

“All” means I’m getting everything in every category right? Because I checked the forums and I haven’t received notifications for all the articles. I need to fuel my Pokémon addiction even more!

There has not been a single "Past Gens" article since August, and not a single real old gens article (regarding RBY and GSC) since April. Is it because everything has been said and done, or more likely, because most writers don't care enough about these gens to write something?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There has not been a single "Past Gens" article since August, and not a single real old gens article (regarding RBY and GSC) since April. Is it because everything has been said and done, or more likely, because most writers don't care enough about these gens to write something?
It's most likely that there isn't anyone interested in writing something for a past gen specifically. There are some articles that cover stuff from past gens but do not concentrate on a specific one.

I was reading the list of shelved articles here, and found "Ultra Beasts - The Concept". How can I write about this topic? Is this article already taken, or written and I missed it? Let me know if I can take it, and how: I asked two admins but got no answer so far..

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I was reading the list of shelved articles here, and found "Ultra Beasts - The Concept". How can I write about this topic? Is this article already taken, or written and I missed it? Let me know if I can take it, and how: I asked two admins but got no answer so far..
There's a subforum where you make a thread that is your audition. In that audition, you say you want that idea (it is free, it's just an idea for someone that wants to write but doesn't know what) and you feature some sample from what would you write. Then your sample will be judged by the QC members of the appropriate section and if it's good enough, you will be given access to another subforum where you can make the complete article.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
There's a subforum where you make a thread that is your audition. In that audition, you say you want that idea (it is free, it's just an idea for someone that wants to write but doesn't know what) and you feature some sample from what would you write. Then your sample will be judged by the QC members of the appropriate section and if it's good enough, you will be given access to another subforum where you can make the complete article.
The first subforum is Article Approvals - make a thread there with a brief outline of the article you wish to write. This Intro to The Flying Press should also help you.

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am interested in writing an article, but I’m still not sure what exactly to post. Is it just an outline, a summary and an outline, or a sample of the writing?

Thanks, I just don’t want to get this wrong.

inactive

In a Movie Scene~
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am interested in writing an article, but I’m still not sure what exactly to post. Is it just an outline, a summary and an outline, or a sample of the writing?

Thanks, I just don’t want to get this wrong.
Hello, as far as I know, any of the above work. I haven't written an article myself but I would assume that whatever you decide to post in your pitch will be looked at by TFP mods (and QC members of the topic you're writing about) to see if it is good enough to be approved so you can start writing your article.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, I wanna write an article about the best and worst of single-stage regular Pokémon in history (not Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beasts, the likes) but I need to find the starting place for QC and other things before I could post my article.

Anyone willing to clarify, with a step-by-step, of where should I do? I know it have to do with Article Approval.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, I wanna write an article about the best and worst of single-stage regular Pokémon in history (not Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beasts, the likes) but I need to find the starting place for QC and other things before I could post my article.

Anyone willing to clarify, with a step-by-step, of where should I do? I know it have to do with Article Approval.
Hello. Simply post an outline or summary of your article idea in the Article Approvals forum. As it might not be immediately clear based on what you have wrote, it would be helpful to add on what category of article you want to write, e.g. entertainment / competitive. After you have posted in the Article Approvals forum, QC and staff will give their inputs and could also ask for more info if required. In this case, it could be something like give some examples of the Pokemon you would write about, and the brief justifications you would provide.

Hope this helps!

Repu

The Sand Crew
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the prerequisites for becoming a judge for Judge A Pokémon Express?
You would have to redirect this question to Codraroll, however, for first-time panelists it is preferred that they've been on the forums for a while before going straight on doing panels.
If a flying press user is a flying type but not fighting type, do they get STAB?
Flying Press is essentially a Fighting-type move, despite having a secondary effect of dealing damage as a Flying-type attack. If the user isn't a Fighting-type, they don't get STAB. (Also, this thread is dedicated to answer questions related to The Flying Press project, not competitive Pokémon ones. If you want to make those, next time I recommend you use this thread https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-simple-questions-suggestions-thread.3582200/ or visit a competitive tier room on Pokémon Showdown. I appreciate the comprehension.)

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
how do you start writing out your article after the respective group has approved it? do you write it in the article approval is there some outside source you have to work on?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
how do you start writing out your article after the respective group has approved it? do you write it in the article approval is there some outside source you have to work on?
you should have been given access to a private subforum (which you can access through this subforum). Once you make it there, create a thread for your article, give it a WIP tag (if it's not complete yet) and write your article in that thread. Once it's written up completely, change the tag to Quality Control and start implementing feedback and stuff. There should be a pinned thread in the private subforum that explains the entire lifecycle of an article (aka which stages it goes through and what you are expected to do in each of them), so you will want to consult it once you make it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)