Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Flying Press Edition

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why aren't GPers/HTMLers in the byline for articles ('Edited by x and y. Layout by z')? It doesn't take a whole lot of work to acknowledge them and is useful because whenever I read an article in the Twitter feed with a nice design, I have to open up the forums to see who the HTMLer was (or if I find a typo, I can call out the GPer who edited the article >:U). It's a small inconvenience but it would be pretty rad if you could do something about it, and I'm sure those contributors would be happy to be recognized in a more prominent location too!!
done :)

Flerovium

In my element.
No idea if I'm even asking in the right place for this, but who do I go to if I find a typo in a Smogon article?

Conni

katharsis
Is there a way to suggest a moveset for a pokemon that doesn't have one suggested?
From my knowledge the writer would usually use standard smogon analysis sets or sets they made themselves, you can try suggesting sets to the article thread directly but you'd need article workshop access

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was thinking of writing the moves that should exist article, and I'd like a panel to comment on how good they think the moves are(n't). How do I get a panel?
Moves that should exist is currently removed from the shelved list, sorry. :(

However: For panels generally just message me and I can help you put together a panel using current and past JAPE writers who are generally used to the panel format.

I have an idea for an article, but i dont know what I should do with it.
Where I should post, and how I should post (a resume of the idea, or a smaller version of it?)?

I have an idea for an article, but i dont know what I should do with it.
Where I should post, and how I should post (a resume of the idea, or a smaller version of it?)?
Make a thread in Article Approvals. A description of your idea or brief outline, with maybe a sample paragraph or two, should be enough. TFP staff and quality control will let you know if they need anything more from you before approving. Best of luck ^.^

Moves that should exist is currently removed from the shelved list, sorry. :(

However: For panels generally just message me and I can help you put together a panel using current and past JAPE writers who are generally used to the panel format.
That's a shame what happened? Did someone take it?

Does some topics have more priority in how fast they are aproved/declined?
Like, if you make a post in Article Aprovals, does it gets faster/slower to receive feedback if its from a particular topic?
Its because I make one about an metagame not very known, and its the second or third day.
The other times I tryed making an Article, they all got feedback in less than a day. Does it is because of the article content or another reason?
And how much time should I expect till it gets feedback? Thanks.

Does some topics have more priority in how fast they are aproved/declined?
Like, if you make a post in Article Aprovals, does it gets faster/slower to receive feedback if its from a particular topic?
Its because I make one about an metagame not very known, and its the second or third day.
The other times I tryed making an Article, they all got feedback in less than a day. Does it is because of the article content or another reason?
And how much time should I expect till it gets feedback? Thanks.
It's hard to say when exactly you'll get feedback in article approvals, usually time-sensitive articles like tournament or suspect coverage pieces will be pushed through quickly. In regards to your question, yes, sometimes the content matters (see my explanation above). If there's an unusually long wait for feedback, you can always try chatting with any of the smog staff directly. But as with anything else, the smog staff all have other obligations irl and otherwise, but I can assure you they're not intentionally ignoring your article.

It's hard to say when exactly you'll get feedback in article approvals, usually time-sensitive articles like tournament or suspect coverage pieces will be pushed through quickly. In regards to your question, yes, sometimes the content matters (see my explanation above). If there's an unusually long wait for feedback, you can always try chatting with any of the smog staff directly. But as with anything else, the smog staff all have other obligations irl and otherwise, but I can assure you they're not intentionally ignoring your article.
Thanks a lot, Rakan.

I've been digging around but I can't find instructions anywhere on where to find credits of the HTML team nor how to contribute HTML and Articles. It's probably just me being bad at navigating Smogon but I need help

I've been digging around but I can't find instructions anywhere on where to find credits of the HTML team nor how to contribute HTML and Articles. It's probably just me being bad at navigating Smogon but I need help
Starting around the end of last year, HTML credits can be found at the bottom of the article. You can also find credits for every TFP article here. If you want to join the HTML team, post a thread here outlining your history with HTML / any other coding. There's also a quick test you'll have to take.

For writing an article, just make a thread about your idea in Article Approvals with an outline of what you'd cover. Staff will give you feedback and might ask for a sample paragraph or two before approving. If your article is approved or you make the HTML team, you'll get access to the Media HQ subforum where articles are worked on.

if I already made a forum post about a pokemon in a certain tier, but think it would make a better article, can I transport it into one?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
if I already made a forum post about a pokemon in a certain tier, but think it would make a better article, can I transport it into one?
Forum posts are not too likely to translate well into articles directly, but using a forum post of yours as base can work fine, yeah. Would also depend on the Pokemon and the tier, though--e.g. the Pokemon actually has to be notable enough to warrant an article of course, and since we're still technically in the beginning of the generation, the tier also has to be ready for articles to be written about it (most of them are by now.. but PU, if that's the tier you're referring to, is still way too much in flux, so the article would be outdated too quickly).

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
is there a format I would need to follow for Requesting an article or is it more of an Informal just aking sort of thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)