Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
I don't see any action being taken on Necturna until Sketch is useable in game and we know with certainty how it works. Once we know its mechanics, we'd rollback the Gen 9 update and reintroduce Sketch along with any other changes (for example, if we'd still need Necturna Clause).

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
If I wanted to submit a Pokémon into the project, would it need to be for the current generation or could I submit one for an earlier generation?
CAP does not accept personal creations. This refers to any idea for a Pokemon that already has predefined typing, stats, abilities, movepool, name, art, pokedex entries, weight, height, or even generic themes such as "rabbit" or "angry". These facets of a Pokemon are all decided through community discussion in CAP during the CAP process. If you think you have an idea for a Pokemon that does not define these features, you may have a concept. CAP bases our Pokemon around concepts that look to explore the mechanics behind Pokemon and we take open submissions whenever we start a new project.

Last edited:

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
How well does the CAPmon creation process work here? Was it different in the beginning?
These questions are rooted in MAYBE pumping new life into RBY CAPmon, well hopefully
Not exactly sure what you are trying to ask here, but I'll try to give a broad overview in the hope I point you in the right direction.

The CAP project solely focuses on the current generation. There is no energy put into new creations for older generations. CAP started in Gen 4, so we only support formats from the Nintendo DS games to the Nintendo Switch games. This means no RBY.

CAP moderators organize the start of a project. The project starts with leadership applications and voting. There is the TL that oversees the entire project and 4 SLs that oversee specific sections of the project. From that point on, the elected individuals control the project.

There are 5 major components of the process: Concept, Typing, Ability, Moves, and Stats. Each SL is responsible for leading discussion on one of Typing, Ability, Moves, or Stats. The TL is responsible for Concept and other intermediate steps. Concept Assessment determines the order Typing, Ability, Moves, and Stats will occur through the project.

If you want to know more about the early stages of the project, I recommend you explore the Process Archive. You can explore all the old projects to see how they were handled in greater detail.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to ask here, but I'll try to give a broad overview in the hope I point you in the right direction.

The CAP project solely focuses on the current generation. There is no energy put into new creations for older generations. CAP started in Gen 4, so we only support formats from the Nintendo DS games to the Nintendo Switch games. This means no RBY.

CAP moderators organize the start of a project. The project starts with leadership applications and voting. There is the TL that oversees the entire project and 4 SLs that oversee specific sections of the project. From that point on, the elected individuals control the project.

There are 5 major components of the process: Concept, Typing, Ability, Moves, and Stats. Each SL is responsible for leading discussion on one of Typing, Ability, Moves, or Stats. The TL is responsible for Concept and other intermediate steps. Concept Assessment determines the order Typing, Ability, Moves, and Stats will occur through the project.

If you want to know more about the early stages of the project, I recommend you explore the Process Archive. You can explore all the old projects to see how they were handled in greater detail.
RBY CAPmons is a Pet Mod to my knowledge, I think they are asking if CAP has known process changes that made it more enjoyable

How well does the CAPmon creation process work here? Was it different in the beginning?
These questions are rooted in MAYBE pumping new life into RBY CAPmon, well hopefully
I've asked this question in the Pet Mods community as well, and here is their opinion - granted, my idea was to update the setting to GSC, but the point should still stand:
The big problem with RBY CAP (and one I'd expect to happen here as well) was that CAP as a whole does not mesh well with the typical things that make Pet Mods what they are. What ended up happening for both RBY CAP slates was one step of the process ended up getting dominated by a submission the less-experienced players think is cool for a reason that doesn't end up being super practical from a competitive standpoint, then the whole rest of the process for that mon is ruined. A huge chunk of the more experienced RBY players dropped out at that point and everyone else was left scrambling to salvage what there was. I don't know if more standard CAP is ever like this or if there's anything to make that different, like maybe its dedicated community of CAP mains makes it less prone to that issue, but this format didn't really make much sense as a standard Pet Mod.

My biggest suggestion would be to run some GSC Flash CAPs with a dedicated crew on a Discord server or something and submit that as a Solomod. If you end up doing that, you're more than welcome to include the two existing RBY CAP mons for it if you have a place for them. I'd love to see how it turns out either way!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)