ASB Reffing Calculator v2.0

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Frosty and Its_A_Random

HERE

I made an ASB reffing calculator with the help of sirDonovan (a god at JS), akela, and many others from #capasb (all listed in the Contributors link). This should make it easier to check calcs without having to go through the long process of manually entering in numbers into a formula. With this calc, you can just input numbers, click go, and be done! Hopefully you will be able to use this with ease, but if not, let me know! Everything should be self-explanatory, but if you have questions, feel free to post here/VM me/PM me.

NOTE: This won't fill all your needs for doing calcs manually or rolling stuff. I can also add just about anything you guys want. I plan on adding more features such as easy c/p of the raw formula, roll screens, etc. And: <&Frosty> stuff like screens or multi-hit moves or effect rolls as a whole. This post can also serve as a bug thread.

THIS IS ONLY FOR SINGLES RIGHT NOW. Once all of the bugs/featurs have been completed for singles, I will work on doubles, then triples, etc. But for now, remember that this is singles only!

(How to report bugs: screenshot the whole page so we know what numbers you entered and what you got.)

GitHub Repository Link
Current JSFiddle Link (for testing only, but might as well post it here)

README Documentation

This is the Base Attack Power for each move. Enter in the base power for the move and it will be added in the calculations.

Click this button if the move the Pokemon is using is the same type as it. This adds 3 to the calculations.

This allows you to enter in a crit stage. Certain items, abilities, moves, and arena effects boost the likelihood of critical hits by "stages." The default is stage 0 (1 / 16 chance), then stage 1 (1 / 8 chance), then stage 2 (1 / 2), then finally stage 3 (1 / 1 chance).

Attack Rank: This is the base rank of the attacking Pokemon. *Only enter in the rank.* The calculator will multiply it by 1.5 or 1, depending on the rank.

Defense Rank: This is the base rank of the defending Pokemon. *Only enter in the rank.* The calculator will multiply it by 1.5 or 1, depending on the rank.

Ability Effect: This will add or subtract whatever number is attached to an ability increase or decrease. Select Add or Sub, then enter in the number to do what you picked.

Field Effect: This will add or subtract whatever number is attached to a field increase or decrease. Select Add or Sub, then enter in the number to do what you picked.

Item Effect One either adds to or subtracts from the Base Attack Power of the Pokemon only. i.e. Expert Belt.

Item Effect Two either adds to or subtracts from the move's damage only. i.e. Charcoal.

The Burn Effect checkbox subtracts 3 from the calc or adds 0 if left unmarked.

The Type Effectiveness chart determines how effective the move you are using is on the defending Pokemon. This automatically does the calculations for you, so all you need to do is tell it how effective the move is. If you need to use this to determine a 0x effectiveness, you should probably pay better attention in school.

Attack Stage Boost/Decrease and Defense Stage Boost/Decrease: These two are subtracted from each other (Attack - Defense), then multiplied by two. If there is a negative attack decrease when there is a crit, the negative Attack decrease is ignored. Likewise with a positive Defense boost in the opposing Pokemon.

===KNOWN BUGS===
  • None atm

===LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS===
  • User-controlled RNG multiplier (Math.floor(Math.random() * $('.userRNG').val(); might work)
  • Recoil

Last edited:
For the time being, I strongly recommend anyone using this calculator to double check the results rather than solely relying upon this calculator's output.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah any bugs you can find are really appreciated since this is the first time someone has actually written something like this for us.

Also I have stickied this thread so this does not get buried.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Calc 2.0

http://redew.github.io/ASB-Reffing-Calc/

Basically I added all new CSS, but I also added a couple new features:
  • RNG Button/Box (for easy c/p)
  • Crit Box (for easy c/p)
  • Combo button
  • Crit stages are now radio buttons instead of an input box

I've used this calc while reffing, and the numbers have always been right so far. But again, post here if you have any bugs! It would also be nice to know what exactly you guys want. I'm working on adding a screens button/multi-hit move button/other useful buttons, but I can add just about anything! The biggest thing I'm hyped about adding is a quick c/p of round details (for things in the calc anyway). I can always add a Pokemon box, Current HP box, etc so it can output the whole thing!

Calc 2.0

http://redew.github.io/ASB-Reffing-Calc/

Basically I added all new CSS, but I also added a couple new features:
  • RNG Button/Box (for easy c/p)
  • Crit Box (for easy c/p)
  • Combo button
  • Crit stages are now radio buttons instead of an input box

I've used this calc while reffing, and the numbers have always been right so far. But again, post here if you have any bugs! It would also be nice to know what exactly you guys want. I'm working on adding a screens button/multi-hit move button/other useful buttons, but I can add just about anything! The biggest thing I'm hyped about adding is a quick c/p of round details (for things in the calc anyway). I can always add a Pokemon box, Current HP box, etc so it can output the whole thing!
The code seems to be working correctly, but the spot to input the defender's defense boost is labeled as "Attacker's Attack Stage Boosts/Decrease", instead of the Defender's Defense stage Boosts/Decrease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)