Art & Sprites by GenOne

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
art&spritesgenone.jpg

Hello there!

I'm GenOne, a Doubles OU main who sometimes does illustrations and pixel art for my pals in the DOU community. By way of this thread though, I'm branching out a bit and formally saying that I'm open to taking requests from the broader Smogon community! I can be contacted on this site or on Discord: GenOne#5909

How much does my work cost? / Do I do commissions for free?

I understand that not all Smogon users have disposable income to spend on custom art; if you are asking for free art that is not a dealbreaker! However, I do work full-time and am also an active battler in the Doubles OU circuit, so if you want a commission done quickly and at the highest of my ability, a modest offer of $$ goes a long way as incentive for me! :)

I don't have a set price list as of yet, so if you have a request just lemme know and we can talk out the details on a case-by-case basis.

Projects I am interested in taking on include:

• Logo design
  • Illustrations
  • Custom PS avatar design (you must be qualified for a custom avi to request this from me)
  • Other pixel art / spriting
  • Image upscaling (aka make a low-resolution image look more high-res via AI)
^In that order probably lol. Requests don't have to be mons-related btw that just happens to be what I'm known for rn.

Software used:

Here's a taste of some of my works to date:

PS Custom Avatars

Avatars watermarked with a green FREE! icon are unclaimed avatars that are up for grabs for free on a first-come-first-served basis - message me if you want to use one! These are avatars I made for fun on my own accord.
**Note that the versions of free avis posted here are watermarked in such a way that they would not be approved for use on PS - this is a security measure to prevent unapproved use so you have to request the watermark-free version from me :)**

Feyy_OSDT3_transparent_revision01.png
uswest-avi-01b.png
kaori-avi-draft02b.png
super-mario-final.png
1.png

1. ??? - Bachira (Blue Lock) & Cinderace
2. DWCOP 3 US West - Shaun White & Gholdengo
3. kaori - Shinobu Kocho (Demon Slayer) & Vivillon
4. DPL 8 Milwaukee Ducks - Misty & Psyduck
5. DaWoblefet - DaWoblefet
6. GenOne - Jimi Hendrix & Toxtricity
7. Coconut | 椰果 - Super Mario & Foongus
8. FREE! - Sans (Undertale) & Regidrago

Illustrations
smogon-doublesou-SV.png
D9Qkt1b.jpg
LPyJz9p.png
dwcop-2020-final.jpg
IMG_0232.jpg

Logo Design

Fun fact: I was also a captain for this winning Doubles Derby team!

imageedit_4_4210181147.png
galar_ghosters.png

santalune-storms-FINAL.png

^this one is a remake/uplift of work originally done done by hotfuzzball
us-central-500W.png

canada-500H.png

apac-500H.png

us-west-500W.png

europe.png
motostoke_eiscues_01.png

motostoke_eiscues_02.png

Attachments

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Over half a year later, finally got around to doing some new art pieces! So just figured I'd post a quick update to showcase my latest work.

Custom Avatars

uswest-avi-01b.png
kaori-avi-draft02b.png

Avatar #1 was awarded to Team US West as a prize for finishing first in Doubles World Cup III - congrats to the whole team on the W, hope you enjoy the avi. Fittingly, the design features Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White shredding alongside a literal gold metalist in Gholdengo! Had a lot of fun designing this one.

#2 was a commission for user Kaori and was also very fun to make! It is based on Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer and is paired with a custom-patterned Vivillon.

And finally #8 is not actually new per se, but it was one of my "free" avatars which has now been claimed by user Coconut | 椰果. I still have two unclaimed avatars up for grabs - if you feel like being Jimi Hendrix or Sans from Undertale and qualify for a custom, feel free to hit me up!

Illustrations
1676869585120.png

Moving on from avatars to larger-scale illustrations, I'd like to introduce a new banner for a new generation in my personal main tier, Smogon Doubles Overused! When I'm not doing artwork, I'm actively participating in the Doubles OU circuit tournaments and will also be playing in the up-coming season of Doubles Premiere League (DPL).

Player signups for DPL just opened today and the prize for the winning team is...fittingly enough, a custom avatar! So if you feel like trying your hand at a new tier or just want something new to spectate, now's a great time to dive into DOU.

Future works and commissions

This thread remains open for new commissions, although I do currently owe 4 more custom avatars to people before I start work on anything else...and like I said I do also actively play in DOU tours which will take some time.

But nevertheless, you can always reach out to me here or on Discord (GenOne#5909) and ask! Worst case scenario I end up saying I'm too busy.

That is all. Thanks for reading!

genone.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)