Arceus Proposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno exactly where this thread should go, but since the pokemon in question is Uber, I might as well put it here. My proposition: Unban Arceus on the Uber ladder and let us use all 510 of its EVs on Shoddy.

Why is Arceus banned? Because it's impossible to get it in-game, which means you can't use Arceus in Wi-fi. Big whoop. This IS NOT WI-FI. This is Shoddy. So why are we duplicating the technical imperfections of the games? And since Arceus is the ONLY example of us trying to match Wi-fi.

Rotom-A, Skymin, and Giratina-O cannot be used in Wi-fi, yet all three are perfectly usable in Shoddy, the latter two even being deemed Uber. Considering this, why don't we have Arceus follow suit? It HAS an analysis, for Pete's sake!

That is all.

First of all, AFAIK, we're emulating Wireless battles, on which Rotom-A and such are all available.

However, the only form of Arceus available at the moment is the level 100 Arceus with all the limitations related to EV training (e.g. capping at 100 EVs for each stat), which at the moment, shoddy is unable to replicate. We do not know whether or not lower level Arceus will be ever released for 4th gen games, therefore, we can't really allow the pokemon to be in.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shoddy doesn't emulate Wifi, it emulates local wireless battles. Formes can be used in local wireless battles. We (Smogon) have always and, as far as I know, will always emulate the game as closely as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)