April 7* Raid: Samurott (Tera Bug)

Best solo raid option is a level 100 Scovillian with only Spicy Extract and Helping Hand. Make sure all or most of the AI Pokemon are physically inclined. It cannot use helping hand so all it can do is use Spicy Extract, greatly increasing the target's Attack but lowering their Defense, but with no attacking moves the defense drop doesn't matter. Use spicy extract on the ditto to make your AI partners deal move damage, and and use Helping Hand whenever it has a shield up or whenever it's defense is at -6

Best solo raid option is a level 100 Scovillian with only Spicy Extract and Helping Hand. Make sure all or most of the AI Pokemon are physically inclined. It cannot use helping hand so all it can do is use Spicy Extract, greatly increasing the target's Attack but lowering their Defense, but with no attacking moves the defense drop doesn't matter. Use spicy extract on the ditto to make your AI partners deal move damage, and and use Helping Hand whenever it has a shield up or whenever it's defense is at -6
Is there a reason why it needs to be level 100, specifically? Can't a lower level result in quicker raids?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OMG Ditto drops Vitamins and EV reduction berries?? My new vitamin chest… amazing GF…

Even if it drops only 1 at a time— that’s way better than feathers from other raids.

There's a ditto with 0 IV attack and another with 0 IV speed

cute

e: LMAO the 3 "special" ditto are all 1% encounters
oh gamefreak, you're so silly
I mean you can also just get them if the regular 5IV rolls the correct IV for the 6th slot.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I decided to raid online for once and it's very quick, it lets me farm Dittos way easier than doing solo, I assume. All hosts I've gotten use just lv 1 mons and one hit from anything remotely good one-shots it. I'm definitely gonna farm this one like crazy for the 6IV ditto and vitamins.

Last edited:
The Scovillian tactic above works like a charm for solos, for anyone going that route. :psyglad:

I decided to raid online for once and it's very quick, it lets me farm Dittos way easier than doing solo, I assume. All hosts I've gotten use just lv 1 mons and one hit from anything remotely good one-shots it. I'm definitely gonna farm this one like crazy for the 6IV ditto and vitamins.
Can I ask what you’re using and what you’ve seen others using? Or does it not really matter so long as it’s not Magikarp?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it might be fun to troll people— by bringing Iron Leaves as the host. Give them recurring nightmares.

Edit: Just found someone hosting with Dragonite. lol

edit2: Crazy easy to get bottle caps & Ability Capsules from this…

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can I ask what you’re using and what you’ve seen others using? Or does it not really matter so long as it’s not Magikarp?
Just the standard Gholdengo set and using Shadow Ball, but you don't have to use any setup or anything, if you don't have a perfect IV Pokemon or Raid trained stuff, most likely someone else will and the longest one of these raids has lasted for me was 3 turns, so yeah, no worries. But if you have a trained mon then definitely bring it so you don't have to rely on randos lol

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I found a Cerelege Solo raid takes 3-5 turns on average (including those weak to Close Combate, which are 2-3).

But solo raiding online is probably faster. 1-3 turns, and no walking.

Band

scatters things often
But solo raiding online is probably faster. 1-3 turns, and no walking.
Yea, that's one of my main reasons to do this online. Not having to walk across the map, or reset, or wait for the AI to be nice is a really needed change of pace.

On another note, I wish we could eat the Raid Power sandwiches, but every Ditto has a different tera type... oh well

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Yea, that's one of my main reasons to do this online. Not having to walk across the map, or reset, or wait for the AI to be nice is a really needed change of pace.

On another note, I wish we could eat the Raid Power sandwiches, but every Ditto has a different tera type... oh well
Yeah sandwiches foiled by types but… it’s been hilarious watching hosts flex by color matching their fodder mons with the Tera type. Just yesterday I saw:

Tera Ice Shiny blue Psyduck
Tera Fairy Shiny Pink Mareep
Tera Bug Shiny Green Hopip
Tera Steel Shiny Silver Eevee
And, the king… Tera Electric Shiny Golden Koi King (Magikarp)

Lol
Makes for some cool screen shots

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
Yeah sandwiches foiled by types but… it’s been hilarious watching hosts flex by color matching their fodder mons with the Tera type. Just yesterday I saw:

Tera Ice Shiny blue Psyduck
Tera Fairy Shiny Pink Mareep
Tera Bug Shiny Green Hopip
And, the king… Tera Electric Shiny Golden Koi King (Magikarp)

Lol
Makes for some cool screen shots
People flexing their shinies makes the grind worth it LOL
Finally got a 6 IV one!

View attachment 506094
Congrats! I got mine today after a little over a box of Dittos. Now I'm missing only the 0 Speed IV one.

For quickest solo time, bring Level 1 Igglybugg that only knows Helping Hand. Makes the Ditto struggle for some reason, and it quickly struggles itself to death. Not sure if a mon that only knows Last Resort would do the same

For quickest solo time, bring Level 1 Igglybugg that only knows Helping Hand. Makes the Ditto struggle for some reason, and it quickly struggles itself to death. Not sure if a mon that only knows Last Resort would do the same
It's cause you can't use Helping Hand on yourself nor on enemies (differently from something like Heal Pulse which you *can* use on enemies)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)