B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username: TheyCallMeShish
PS! Username: TheyCallMeShish
Signup Format: SM OU
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Most evenings other than Friday and Saturday, from around 7pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive played singles for a few years now, with most of my playtime being SM OU. I feel like ive hit a wall with my level of play, being stuck at around 1400-1500 on most ladders I choose to play. Just looking to get over this wall and improve as a player.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: Demnec
PS! Username: Demnec
Signup Format: SV UU
Your timezone: CST GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability:
2100 to 0200
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I am a Pokémon noobie as Violet was my first Pokémon experience, then Arcues and Brilliant Pearl. Guess I’m starting 20 years late and in reverse order, still though I have been hooked. My only pvp experience is on S/V Battlegrounds though I feel I probably spend more time reading Smogon or trying teambuilding on Showdown. I seek help in learning how to prioritize efficiently the wealth of options in teambuilding and actually finish with a team instead of every third Pokémon changing the first two.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes, I use discord.

Username: Arkter
PS! Username: Arkter
Signup Format: SV Monotype
Your timezone:
GMT +8
12 PM to 3 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I have been playing since the days of ORAS, and mostly I have stuck to teambuilding/experimentations of the tier as the feeling of pulling off something or developing a new style is inherently sastisfiying to me. However I feel as of recently I have reached a point where my own execution is sub-par and being immensely inconsistent in my battles. The primary reason why I am seeking a tutor is to help me improve my battling and decision making, as well as to get rid of my overthinking and inconsistency in my battles.

Of course (Arkter 龙#1103)

Username: Flou
PS! Username: StupidFlou_
Signup Format: SV LC
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm - 10pm Monday-Thursday except Tuesday, all day Saturday and Sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC for close to a year now, starting in the later half of SS. I didn't play in any tours during that time, but have started joining what I can in SV. I've improved significantly during this time, but after going unpicked in Winter League and being knocked out of Seasonal in 2 rounds, I realize there's still a lot of room for me to improve, both as a teambuilder and player.

Last edited:

DivineMadness

formerly Divine10
Username: C☉smic
PS! Username: C☉smic
Your timezone: US Est (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesdays 8am-12pm, weekends 8 AM - 2 PM. Availability during the week depends on my school workload.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing pokemon competitively through Pokemon Planet. I normally play ORAS OU and LC, but I'd like to start learning about SV LC. I recently made this Smogon account, so I know this is my first post, but I'm enthusiastic about learning and would greatly appreciate any teaching. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Trebbort
PS! Username: trebbort
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: CET (UTC + 1)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6 to 7 pm every day, but also 8 to 10 am in weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive since October 2021, i know a lot about competitive (what pokemon do, sets etc) but am not good in teambuilding and battling. I can rage a little when i lose which makes my play worse after a loss which i would like to improve. I want to be able to get up to around 1600 - 1800s and mainly want to get btter at competitive in general, so i can enjoy it more because i am pretty competitive. I have no experience in SV OU
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, TrebbortDeLycanrocFan#3484

Username: Funky's Team Shack
PS! Username: King_Tusk
Your timezone: EDT
Usual Hours of Availability: 9-11 pm (Weekdays), extended to afternoons for weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive since 2021 during SS and maintained 1600s on the ladder. I've maintained 1700s during SV and peaked in the 1800s, but I'm currently stuck on how to consistently maintain these rankings in the tier. I consistently get stuck in the teambuilding phase, as I somewhat lack creativity in building teams and finding ways to further improve them. My main goal is to improve my average ladder rankings, while also gaining some experience in tournaments for future play.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Zzzzz...#8543

Username: Archmedia
PS! Username: Gastrodoooom
Your timezone: PDT (GDT-7)
Weekdays:6pm - 10pm, Weekends: 3pm - 10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I started out playing Pokémon Showdown with my two friends, playing Gen 8 AG and messing around with uber-spam and funny strategies we came up with. I then started playing around with other Gen 8 tiers, never really enjoying them until I went to Gen 7 OU which I enjoyed. After I stopped playing until the start of Gen 9, in which I hopped around tier until I found LC.I have been enjoying the tier extensively and look to improve my skills as I am new.
Yes

Username: For 4LOM
PS! Username: For 4LOM
Signup Format: SV Ubers
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime after 6pm weekdays and Saturday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on PS nearly daily for 2 years now. My go to tier is BW OU, but I also play a lot of old gen lower tiers and most old gen Ubers. Recently, I've been getting into SV Ubers but, I would appreciate some advice before fully committing to it. I would like to take this tier seriously and join tournaments when I feel confident.

Username: Damflame 3
PS! Username: Damflame
Signup Format: SM / SS OU
Your timezone: GMT+2
Have a lot of free times
I play Pokemon since few years ago, I started to play in SM with some good result on smogon place, with some quick perf on ST, after this I played SS, I reached top 16 OST, but I drop the OU format to play OM. I played some OMWC and OMPL, but I want to restart to play OU
Yeah

Username: pppppp
PS! Username: aaappp
Signup Format: sv aaa
Your timezone: gm-4, est
Usual Hours of Availability: later nights, around 10-11
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): just got into aaa around when walking wake dropped peaked on the ladder around #8 but im still looking for some help building and figuring out the tier. Havent played any other oms as much. Really just looking to help with consistency in teambuilding as better performance in tournaments.
yes, pppppp#5604

Assigned to UT
Not assigned. Moved for inactivity

Username: Spritemare
PS! Username: Spritemare
Signup Format: SV AAA
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, weekend evenings, Tues-Thurs mornings
I've been playing to a fairly long time, starting with gen 5. I've reached top 100 in the AAA ladder and top 10 in randoms before, but dont have much experience with more competitive formats. Im particularly not the best at teambuilding, and tend to play somewhat based on feel when it comes to creating a team
Yes

Username: TR23
PS! Username: TR23
Signup Format: SV PU
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 10 PM - 12 AM, weekends can be available whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively during gen 4. I've played all team types in multiple gens but have always been stuck in the 1500s. I'm trying to improve both my building and battling so I can get to a point where I can help out other people who are stuck where they are.

Username: TR23
PS! Username: TR23
Signup Format: SV RU
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 10 PM - 12 AM, weekends can be available whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively during gen 4. I've played all team types in multiple gens but have always been stuck in the 1500s. I'm trying to improve both my building and battling so I can get to a point where I can help out other people who are stuck where they are.

Username: Porydonk
PS! Username: Porydonk
Your timezone: GMT +1
Generation: ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday = 10 to 17, with some minor exceptions. Usually not available on week ends especially during summer
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Porydonk#6337)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Mainly a VGC player (won a bunch of locals), i also like singles in early gens, especially GSC OU and lesser metas. I'd like to learn and improve in ADV, especially on the metagame understanding.

Username: LucasBoat
PS! Username: Astral Mariner
Signup Format: SV PU
Your timezone: BRT (GMT-03:00)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays between 7:30pm and 10pm. Weekends are uncertain but generally free all day long as long as it's scheduled in advance.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing late ORAS, exploring various Smogon standard metagames and different Draft Leagues since, but never dived deep into any of them. Recently, I started getting more involved with the PU tier, watching the kickoff replays, talking on their discord here and there, and eventually peaked at top 50 of the SV PU ladder last week with a team I made, but could not break past that. Which made me sign up here, as I saw I had the potential to grow further but I wasn't sure how.
yes

Username: FalcoTheFinesser
PS! Username: FalcoTheFinesser
Signup Format: SV RU
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 7PM - 9 PM, Weekends Anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started Mon Gen 1 and casually played every Gen. Im very knowledgeable w/ Gen 9 Comp and looking to learn advanced tips for Battling/Comp/Teambuilding.

mods feel free to delete this reply but i thought I might bring attention to the fact that I have expanded my availability(for hopes that it helps me get matched up as well as some edits to update since its been a few months and I've been learning on my own.
still interested, recently have played in mushi league and signed up for lucky dip in advcord
been laddering on alts +playing a modded adv format as well.

edit: quoted wrong post but quote chain leads to the original and all the info in that is still relevant notably availability

:heliolisk: returned 03/31/2023

Username: FreshAgency
PS! Username: ItsFreshOG
Signup Format: BW OU
Your timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Weekends 12AM-8:30PM
I started playing when sword and shield came out(SS OU). From there I would watch yt videos to get better and learn the meta better. I left the game for about 1 year and here we are now. I am very washed right now but before my long break, I was a decent player. Idid star playing some bw ou before my break, I am somewhat familiar to the metagame.
Yes
I understand how blacklist works.

Username: LuisR2D2
PS! Username: LuisR2D3
Usual Hours of Availability: Fridays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early ORAS and spammed primal regression on the ladder I didn't know to play then. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various online competition like VGC 2016, VGC 2018, etc. But I really could use a bit more practice in this new Format VGC 2023 Regulation C, since most teams get through me (Mostly Chi Yu) so I'm looking to get help and mentorship

Username: Strife64
PS! Username: TrainerRed4
Signup Format: DPP OU
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: M/W/F/Sun/Sat: 10:30am to 12am
Tue: 9:15pm to 12am
Thur: 2:45pm to 12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began playing Pokémon Showdown around 7th or 8th grade. I’m in 12th grade now, so I think it was around 2017 or 2018 - sometime during Gen 7. I played a bunch of different formats casually back then, although I remember playing a lot of Ubers.
I played casually on and off until around 2022 (maybe later 2021), when I began playing Gen 8 (which was the current latest gen) DUU, which is the first time I got into Showdown seriously. I then started DOU after a couple weeks and played it seriously for a couple months. I never got super far (peaked like 1300), but I got to the point where I feel like I had a base knowledge of the game and of the tier, and knew how it worked.
Around a month ago (beginning of March 2023), I got back into Showdown, but began playing Gen 4 OU, just on a whim. I have been using sample teams, which I have then modified, and have been getting really into it and having a lot of fun. I have over 170 games in the tier and have been floating between 1100 and 1200 ELO, which is where I started, and I still can’t seem to break much higher than 1200. I feel like I’ve hit a plateau, which is why I’m asking for help here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)