Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV Ubers

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Ubers, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV Ubers
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: realaccountami?
PS! Username: realaccountami?
Signup Format: SV ubers
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays afternoons/evenings (4/7pm depending when i get home till about 10pm)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
started learning comp mons around oct 2022, played ss till it wasnt current gen anymore, with a little bit of 1v1 on the side. never had the time to peak ladder or anything before the ladder died, but i would say im decent at ss ubers. looking to move forward onto current gen, with a guide!
Are you able to use Discord?: its a long story, tldr not all the time and i would prefer if we do not have to vc for sessions.
(i work off a school laptop, and i have 0 idea how they determine whether or not they allow access to discord; ps has never been blocked)
Edit: since october 2022, my access to ps! main has been blocked, but a half working workaround has been found (an alternative client that connects to main)

Last edited:
Username: TheShoddyStrawman
PS! Username: TheShoddyStrawman
Signup Format: SV UBERS
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability:
9AM - 5PM Tuesday Thursday Weekends. After 6 PM every day
I'm a Little Cup main who joined with the freezai LC open and has been doing it ever since. I've been drafted in a few team tournaments, notably the previous two Little Cup Premier Leagues as well as Little Cup Winter League (Inagural SV tour) where my team won. I've gotten a few solid results in the tier vs top players, but nothing too exceptional.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes

Username: tMoi
PS! Username: tMoi
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday after 6pm, saturday around 1-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been in Smogon for a couple years now, mostly playing monotype and recently got interested in Ubers. I joined a couple uber circuit tours and laddered a bit but now I wanna improve my teambuilding and overall grasp of the tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: Kanha Greninja
PS! Username: Kanha Greninja
Your timezone: +1 in the summers +2 in the winters
Usual Hours of Availability: after school
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a lot of AG mainly laddering and sometimes joining tournaments
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username:Mok3s

PS! Username: xxMok3s

Signup Format:SV UBERS

Your timezone:GMT +1

Usual Hours of Availability: normally after 14:00.

I have been playing Pokemon Showdown since 2020, I have had experiences with the Chinese community by participating in various group and individual tournaments. Having had a break of about two years from Pokemon Showdown I would like to get back to playing.

Are you able to use Discord?: yesss

Reactions: AL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)