B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username:SideLines
PS! Username:jiwan
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability:
Weekdays 3pm-9pm Pst
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I'd been watching competitive mons since X and Y first came out and decided to get into it myself during SS OU. I was able to reach 1500s but would often face better experienced players or teams I felt I wasn't well suited to fight. Current meta, I started playing around 3 weeks ago and seem to be facing the same issue I faced last gen.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes

Username: Tom holland
PS! Username: Tom h0lland
Your timezone: gmt-5
Usual Hours of Availability: It varies bc my job requires am inconsistent schedule, but I'm almost always available on tuesday/Wednesday, and in the late evenings most days. im flexible outside of that too usually, but because of work its not consistent availability outside of that. Regardless, i'll ensure i dont cause headaches with scheduling!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Yea so I've played for a long time, but never touched OU. I've always been a lower tiers player, and i still am. I played SM PU, made top 8 in open, did snake draft at the time, and i currently intend on playing SV NU and PU too. However, ive always been super interested in OU. I just suck at learning it when im so used to frequenting the lower tiers where i never see these mons and am just in general, unfamiliar. What im really looking for from this is someone who can take me from a level of being "okay" at sv ou to being able to compete with high-skill players. My biggest obstacles upfront are meta-knowledge, and just being used to a higher-power meta in general.
Are you able to use Discord?: Indeed

Nikebeamz

formerly ImDoneThrowing
Username: ImDoneThrowing
PS! Username: ImDoneThrowing
Your timezone: GMT -5
Almost anytime on Saturday and Sunday. Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing tournaments at the end of gen 8 in uu, and I'm currently entering tournaments in a bunch of different formats. I have done decently in the limited sv ou tournaments so far, participated in bkcpl team tour and did pretty well there too playing sv ou. I used mostly stall when gen 9 ou ladder was first released and I've been using ou ladder recently to test tour teams (I mainly do ubers ladder now). My problem in tournaments is that my teambuilding skills arent great and I sometimes play too quickly instead of taking my time.
Yes BeamzIDT#6477

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: hamiltonion
PS! Username: hamiltonion
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings after 6 on weekdays and anytime on weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing way back in gen5 era but then took a massive hiatus. I've mostly played Ubers in the past but now OU seems like in a great place and I'd like to learn the tier and get rid of the some rust. Currently sitting at 1600s right now so not terrible but nothing great.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my tag is hamiltonion#4588

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
Username: corvere
PS! Username: corvere
Signup Format: sv ubers
Your timezone: -3
~1pm onwards
i started playing pokemon back in 2013 but never put attention to competitive tournaments and/or communities. i would play seasonals for fun in 2017/18 and get pretty far in them to then get burned out and lose. i quit the game in 2020 but came back in 2021 and decided i would tryhard ubers once and for all; i just cant get better on my own.
yes.

Username: Wooper Person
PS! Username: woopre
Your timezone: GMT-3
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: 11-12 am untill 4-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing pokemon showdown since october of 2021, been playing almost every tier ever since. Haven't ever been much active in smogon, but recently started trying to write analysis (mostly for Ubers). I've played ADV a bunch, but i've never been able to learn DPP much (specifically team building, but battling as well). I know enough of the metagame and how it's played but im never able to make good enough teams as i usually can do for the other tiers
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: StabbyBosscat13
PS! Username: FoulPlay09
Signup Format: SV DOU
Your timezone: GMT - 5
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays,usually from 8:30-ish to 2:15
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have PS experience only, sadly. I just have a team that I cobbled together, but it works really well: Life Orb Gholdengo, AV Iron Hands, RH Rough Garchomp, Amoongus w/sitrus or BS, screen Grimmsnarl, and scarfed Chi-Yu.
Are you able to use Discord?: Maybe? But I can chat on Showdown and here, if that's OK. Reddit, too.

Last edited:
Username: TR23
PS! Username: TR23
Signup Format: SV UU
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 10 PM - 12 AM, weekends can be available whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively during gen 4. I've played all team types in multiple gens but have always been stuck in the 1500s. I'm trying to improve both my building and battling so I can get to a point where I can help out other people who are stuck where they are.

Username: NoSeLlama
PS! Username: ElHuequereque
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: For the most part I'm available every day. Ideal hours are between 10AM - 12PM or between 2PM - 5PM. Schedule might free up even more on ocassion. (GMT-3 time zone).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing Showdown on 2013 and have played on and off since then. I'd say I'm a decent player as I usually hang out in the 1600's-1700's on the ladder. My main issues are that: 1) I struggle to form long term game plans as I usually just react to what's in front of me, thinking at most about only 3 or 4 turns ahead. 2) And that I struggle to learn to use a variety of teams, I get fixated on 2 or 3, which to be fair I master p well, but then I feel really uncomfortable branching out and rage quit after 2 or 3 matches when using other teams, especially if I didn't build them myself.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

seroo

girls do drugs
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: TheSerotoninVibes
PS! Username: ACrumbOfSerotonin / Seroo
Your timezone: gmt +1
Monday to friday 5pm-10pm my time/ weekend are a little more flexible
Started showdown and actually getting into comp. pokemon around a year ago. Since then ive been getting better at building and battling in general but SV is not going well for me in general, maybe its the lack of knowledge of the tier do to me being busy but ive been finding it hard to make a consistent team.

Username: Plunder
PS! Username: Plunder
Your timezone: GMT+0
Usual Hours of Availability : 5pm-10pm on weekdays, more flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing mons last gen, just stuck with mono and played smogon tours related to that tier (mpl, tour room blt, language room pls). Felt it was time to learn a new tier so I've played a bit of ou but I've struggled with team building as well as my end games have been played poorly so looking to improve in both those aspects

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Username: Nezloe
PS! Username: Nezloe
Signup Format: SV ubers
Your timezone: -5 gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime after 3pm my time and available basically whenever on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started actually playing competive mons early SS and eventually moved on to playing any metagame I could and playing in any tournement I could eventually landing myself in RU,played SSRU and played that for a bit (played some tournements there) along with various other tiers.
Ubers has always caught my eye but not to a degree for me to want to learn it until SV where things seem much more intriguing this gen.

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Scholar
PS! Username: Scholar
Signup Format: sv lc
Your timezone: gmt-5
Usual Hours of Availability: 2:50pm-10pm Wednesday / Saturday 7am-6pm Friday 12-10pm Sunday. Other days will have a small availability window due to work + raiding in ffxiv
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing since SM with playing mono/LC/1v1/LGPE and any rby shit. My interest from Pokemon disappeared sometime in the middle of ss lifespan. I have been in multiple team tours over the years I been in Smogon, wrote analyses, and gotten pretty far in some single tours mainly in monotype if memory serves right. I am looking to get down the current metagame for LC since I feel a bit lost and have motivation to jump back into pokemon and knock off the rust I have built to get back into the mindset of playing the game competitively.

username: giove97
ps!username : giove97
signup format :sv lc
your timezone : gmt +1
usual hours of availability : Monday to friday after 8 pm Saturday and Sunday aft 2 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) : I started playing pokemon on Pokémon Showdown in 2018 but my first tour on smogon was in 2019. I did a lot of suspect tests and I got experience in different tiers. Now I want to take the final step to become a better player overall. The tier that I prefer is LC and it's also the tier that I played the most in the last year,I would like to improve my teambuilding and playing skills
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Little Cup, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Little Cup, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username: loganblueguy
PS! Username: realspeedguy22553
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually everyday, but on weekdays around 4 pm EST (due to school.)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have used many different teams, and tried to build my own teams, but it sadly never goes well. I lose about 70% of the battles I play because I struggle to have a wide spread, best possible movesets, items, and type coverage. I'm signing up for this because those videos on Youtube just say "use your favorite Pokemon, give it good items, ivs, evs, and moves," never work well. I am an understanding person, and should be able to comprehend what the tutor is helping me with, and what they are explaining. I have been playing Pokemon for nearly a decade, and I would like to be able to at least be a decent competitive player.
Yes

Username: QuinnXD
PS! Username: QuinnXD
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8-11pm +1 weekends im flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Sarted playing on smogon last year. I played mainly lc and tried some other tiers. I played in a few team tournaments like zupl monoblt and i am currently in the lcwl. With the new generation i want to learn ou and improve as a player too.
Are you able to use Discord?: y

Username: chosenkaizen
PS! Username: chosenkaizen
Your timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 5PM - 10PM weekends are flexible
Are you able to use Discord?: yes shattered#0002

I used to play alot of Gen 5 and 6 OU on my previous account ZoloNotZoro but I have now switched to playing only Gen 9 OU and Gen 7 random battles with a friend. I enjoy experimenting in the builder and bringing those teams onto the ladder alot. I am fairly new to competitive pokemon but I wish to improve in both team building and playing on the ladder. I sit around 1200 but I am willing to get better.

Last edited:
Username:TheBrightRising
PS! Username:weav the aile
Signup Format:SV OU
Your timezone:Gmt(+5:30)IST
Usual Hours of Availability:4pm-7pm(weekends are flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):i used to play sv ou when it came out and my peak was 1500 and i wish to be better,i can easily understand the meta and i wish to improve my teambuilding skills and get better i like to play with friends
Are you able to use Discord?: weav the aile#6148

Username: Chlora
PS! Username: ChloraSucks
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: late afternoons (not on friday) + early night weekdays, weekend all day long
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing competitive mons around the release of USUM, but mostly stood around AG because let's be honest that's the one tier every new player went for during gen 7, and then relegated myself to playing Ubers, because i really enjoyed the format (and saw some success, breaking it to the top 400 or so at the time, but that's not saying much). Quit playing for a few months, but came back before gen 8 released, and from that point onward i started playing OU a lot, but was never good enough (and i guess not actually using smogon to keep myself up to date with discussions, new strats, or other strategies was part of it). Come gen 9 and i can definetely recognize i've gotten way better at both the actually playing, the knowledge and the teambuilding; though i still think i'm kinda... dogshit. I can only build stall, and i'm not exactly great at it.
I made this rmt that i'm kinda proud of, it worked really well at the time, it was nice
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, my name is chlora_ on discord

Last edited:
Username: Ashura Areson
PS! Username: Ashura Areson
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons/Evenings
I've played heavily during the gen 5 era and got fairly high up on the ladder. Due to IRL situations, I was forced to stop playing Pokemon for an extended period. The game has changed immensely since then, obviously and I am having some issues climbing up and staying up at the higher tiers of play. I would like to work on battling, obviously, but am curious on the methodology of teambuilding that those more skilled than I am use. Thank you!
Yes

User: Parmesan Cheese
PS! Username: Bouncy Cat Parm
Signup Format: SV Ou
Your Timezone: Gmt -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Around 5pm - 10pm all week around
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I havent rlly been playing mons long tbh tbh. I started around early gen 8 and have had fluxiating success. I remember i got top 20 in gen 8 AG and am in to finals in a current gen ND tour. I feel I can play decently enough but I struggle with team building tbh and very typically do mid on ladders. I wanna change that ong and learning standard play seems interesting to me.
Are you available on discord?: Yes Parmesan Cheese(ChristmasFlavor)#1594

Username: Bakugames
PS! Username: Frogcroaks
Your timezone:
UTC -3
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-6 PM monday/wednesday/friday; 3-6 PM tuesday/thrusday; 2PM-10PM sunday. (Not available on saturdays)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've tried to get into competitive in gen 8, but wasn't able to really get the meta, and fell behind (that and busy life). I'm trying to get back to comp in gen 9, and while I'm not the most consistent, I've done some decent-ish progress in the times ive played, even if it's still beginner stuff. I want to get better at the tier and understand fundamentals better, even if tournament stuff may not be possible in a long time (or even available to me due to timezones u_u)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes!

Last edited:
Username: Turtleye
PS! Username: Turtleye
Signup Format: SVOU
Your timezone:
GMT+1
My work schedule is pretty flexible so I am around for most of the day. Most days I am around from ~13:00 untill 22:00, except for Tuesday & Saturday.
I started comp way back in gen 5 where I found a home in RU, but I stopped playing after gen 5 because I lost interest in the series. I started playing againabout a year ago and have been trying to get better, but I seem to be stuck, bouncing between 1400 and 1600. I feel that I struggle with teambuilding the most, but also find myself having issues identifying wincons & making gameplans during a game too.
Yes, my tag's Turtleye#0928

Username: Juseth sepulveda
PS! Username: Juseth sepulveda
Your timezone: -4
Usual Hours of Availability: I can every day after 6 pm until 12 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I've been playing since 2017 and in smogon since 2020, I did tutorials on ORAS OU and SS OU too, I've played a variety of tournaments but it never hurts to learn a little
Yep, Juseth sepulveda#2287

Username: ChaosNinjaGaming

PS! Username: ChaosNinjaGaming

Your timezone: EST (GMT-5, will change due to DST soon)

Usual Hours of Availability: evenings are typically free, but I may go somewhere on the weekend. I have school until 3PM so unless I have homework, sometime around 4PM works too. Saturday is a bit too unpredictable, and Sunday becomes free around 4PM (unless I have to go somewhere afterwards).

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played quite a large amount of battles, but the factors that contribute to my losses are my bad teambuilding, poor choices (hitting buttons before I think), and just impatience in general. I typically play tiers like Ubers or AG, but I want to become good at the main tier of Smogon. I have a grasp on some key parts of the game, but I can't really do well in it, no matter how many games I play and teams I make.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, ChaosNinjaGaming#2735

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)