Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV Monotype

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Monotype, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV Monotype
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: Randomsnore
PS! Username: DPR_VGC
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoon and nights most typically
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I am a vgc player mostly. I've topped 500 in metronome battles. and I really like off the wall pokemon that I use like snorlax and regidrago.
yes Randomsnore

Username: NightmareOswald
PS! Username: Thank you, have fun
Your timezone: (GMT+8)
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm active all day. Although due to my timezone my morning is nighttime for other people and viceversa
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I've played only randbats in my first year in Showdown with my name 'Drakuna' and peaked 1700 at one point. Randbats lost it's touch to me after a devestating elo drop in GEN 5 randbats of me going to 1600 and was dropped back to 1000 after a series of brutal loses. I now play mostly mono type as the challenges and strategic aspects of it intrigues me.
yes aseriousmuffin

Username: Silveruby
PS! Username: Silveruby
Your timezone: EST/GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Wednesday and Thurs 8 pm and later
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I been playing Competitive Pokemon on and off for quite a while now, so much so I succeeded in getting top 100 on multiple ladders (different formats) and found ok-ish success in Smogon Tournaments. I am looking to advance my knowledge in both the teambuilder and in my battles. I also love to have fun and build silly teams whilst remaining viable but my ability as a teambuilder has significant room for improvement
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Silveruby#1744

• Love
Reactions: ken
Username: 0ranje
PS! Username: Orange74
Your timezone: CET
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends and wednesday mainly
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I watch a lot of competitive pokemon vids, mainly about pokemon showdown. I like to watch Pokeaimmd, sometimes WolfeyVGC adn a french youtuber named Fildrong. I played around 40 games in showdown UU and OU. I never played Monotype but I find it really interesting
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, discord ID: 0ranje

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Community Contributor
Username: boomp
PS! Username
: boomp11
Signup Format: Monotype
Your timezone: GMT-8
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually free all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Haven't really been competitive in the Mono scene until this Gen when I joined the community. So far I was drafted in MWP so I'm glad about my progress in a few months/helping in contributing in the community behind the scenes. Im confident in my metagame knowledge which is why joined the QC team for mono so, I'm hoping this will help me be more confident in my building/playing capabilities to further myself in the bigger tours like MPL <3
yes

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: boomp
PS! Username
: boomp11
Signup Format: Monotype
Your timezone: GMT-8
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually free all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Haven't really been competitive in the Mono scene until this Gen when I joined the community. So far I was drafted in MWP so I'm glad about my progress in a few months/helping in contributing in the community behind the scenes. I'm hoping this will help me be more confident in my building/playing capabilities to further myself in the bigger tours like MPL <3
yes
ken maroon can you transfer this he is trying to signup and is hardheaded

Username: Rainer24
PS Username: Rainer2424
Format: monotype
Availability: MWF about 4-10, super free on weekends.
Info: I’ve been playing mons competitively for about 3 years. Gotten into a bunch of formats, past gens and lower tiers but mono is special to me. Peaked #2 in both gen 8 and 9, so I know the basics of the tier to say the least. Nowadays I often find myself making dumb mistakes and would like someone to help me get to the next level. Would like to try tournaments in the future and really think I’d need to improve before that.
Discord: yep, Rainer7849

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Monotype, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:cursedvesseljjk
PS! Username:CursedVesselJJK
Usual hours of availability: Friday 02:30pm(Dubai Time zone)to 4:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played some competitive Pokémon before but haven’t really done well I play UU,OU,and Monotypes.
Do you have acces to discord?:Yes My discord username is cursedvesseljjk27 but my display name is Water0ze is the best (Don’t ask I lost a bet Ok)

Last edited:
Username:fromsea
PS! Username: fromsea
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive recently , with Random Singles. Then went to Random Doubles. I discovered Monotype and i just fell in love with it and want to be better on it
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)