Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV LC

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Little Cup, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV LC
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Camden
PS! Username: Camden
Your timezone: Atlantic (-3 now, -4 after DST ends)
Usual Hours of Availability: My hours tend to be erratic due to my work but I'm always available at night after 8:30pm my time during weekdays, after 4pm Saturdays and after 6pm Sundays. If I have an off day I'm available at any time unless otherwise noted. I can provide more specific schedules later on if I'm picked up.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing on and off competitively since I was a teenager but was never able to reach any impressive heights, a situation touted as "embarrassing" by most. In terms of Smogon I'm a former tier leader and was able to hold my own in older gens but could never grasp the complexities of modern metas. I struggle in most tournaments due to motivation issues, anxiety or simply sucking but on occasion I put on standout performances (I get really lucky). Hoping that a tutor can help make sense of what I'm not seeing and I can finally stop sucking.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: spoiledberries
PS! Username: robokyii
Signup Format: LC
Your timezone: gmt+13
Usual Hours of Availability: on break right now, so 11am-10pm most days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Only seriously gotten into compmons within the past year so im fairly new to smogon, but ive been playing lc on and off for around 3 years on a couple different accounts. Entered a few lc tours recently but never really gotten past the first couple of rounds and haven't been drafted for any team tours. Peaked about ~1510 in sv lc dlc1 before taking a break from current gen, trying to get back into the tier now that gastly and howlithe got freed. Hoping a tutor could help me improve since im pretty stuck on where to go next atm
Are you able to use Discord?: yes (spoiledberries)

genisu

I COULD BE BANNED!
Username: genisu
PS! Username: genisu x org
Your timezone: gmt -7
Usual Hours of Availability:all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started last year, quickly going 3-1 in LPL, currently 2-0 in LPL this time, built for multiple teams in LCWC as well as PTPL. Also previous builder of a sample team for the tier.I'm hoping that a top level tutor can take me from my current level to a more optimized level in building and playing
Are you able to use Discord?:yes genisuxsimp

glowbrogang

I COULD BE BANNED!
Username: glowbrogang
PS! Username: glowbrogang
Your timezone: gmt -5
sometime after 3
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Starting 2 years ago, though I was a casual so didn't play too much competetively, I then had lackluster experiences in LC tours. Next, I joined LPL (smaller teamtour) and did decently with a 2-2 record. Then, I joined LCSL and beat Baloor into losing to Bovine Ghoti. Now I am looking to expand my horizons and learn from the greatest. (also undefeated vs hacker so thats nice)
yes (glowbrogang)

Username: Kanha Greninja
PS! Username: Kanha Greninja
Your timezone: +2
Usual Hours of Availability: evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in 2022 playing AG and played many tournaments in it i also played Random Battles where i played in RBTT
Are you able to use Discord?: yes Kanha Greninja

Username: matherumaderu
PS! Username: matheru
Your timezone: -3
I am available in the afternoon, -3 GMT, on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I am only available in the evening, and Saturdays depend on the day; I am available.
I started playing competitive Pokémon at the beginning of the year. I had been playing Smogon's random battles for a while and some matches in higher ladders, but I've also participated in a few tournaments. However, I haven't performed well in them. I'm noticing my mistakes and experimenting with different strategies to correct them.
yes, matherumaderu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)