Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Ahzee
PO/PS! Username: Ahzee
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: every night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been a while since I started the strategy but I never really took the game seriously, I always played fun teams but now I would like to get into the competition so try to play seriously.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Mysterious M

Username: Sas0
PO/PS! Username: Sas0
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: all weekend and every night i can take time. (I starting with my university exams so maybe can be aviable every days but i can take time ^^)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have experience in general, i played bw ubers when i played pokemon in 2014/2015 but now im really astray in the metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Sas0#4043

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Above & Beyond
PO/PS! Username: Anjunabeast
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible over the summer, but weekends definitely
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I would consider myself a relatively good player, who has played a lot on the ladder, but I decided I wanted to get into the tournaments recently and made an account. I have played for quite a while before this though, and have always wanted to learn Ubers. I primarily play offense, and have a good feeling of the tactical side of the game, like how to play myself out of certain positions and making reads and predictions, but when it comes to more balanced playstyles I struggle a lot building and playing a more strategic game. I would also like to get more involved in the community as a whole, and would look forward to having the support of someone who is already a part of the larger community.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:

Sensei Moon

Banned deucer.
assigned to Level 56

Username: Sensei Moon
PO/PS! Username: Ahh General Kenobi
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible until August 19th, then weekends only after that.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I only seriously got into Ubers back when the Goth Suspect was first announced. Since then, I've been crafting teams that utilize several different play styles and I especially enjoy Bulky Offense builds that incorporate Gothitelle. I've managed to do well in a couple of room tours in the Ubers room and have been able to make the Top 500 on Ubers Ladder a few times before slightly tilting. Generally, I find it relatively easy to create interesting teams that can synergize and perform well. However, I have a much harder time reading my opponent out and figuring out the best tactical move to make (be it a double switch or a trade). I would love to up my game through the tutelage of someone more experienced, as I genuinely want to become a more noticeable presence in both the Ubers community and the competitive tournaments scene.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord Only

assigned to Minority

Username: JLK 17
PO/PS! Username: JLK 17
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability:
I have availability at night between 7 and 10 p.m. between monday to saturday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played in the PS since 2017, where I am most active in a Brazilian site, I had a very complicated start, but with enough training I managed to be a champion in a Ubers tournament on that site in a year, so I started to participate more actively in smogon, where I got to R4 in Ubers grand slam, I really like the tier, it's where I have the most fun playing
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Username: Nowh
PO/PS! Username: Nowh
Usual Hours of Availability: always free in the afternoon and a few days a night.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been a very competitive Pokémon since the end of 2017, I have always liked Ubers and I have shown a desire to improve. I was a championship champion in "Clans Combat", 3-0 in Ubers. In Smogon I started to be more active at the end of last year.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Holy Ghost

Username: Jhonx
PO/PS! Username: EG Jhonx
Usual Hours of Availability: always free except mornings of weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been a playing of Ubers in ORAS and moved to dpp ou, played so many tours including last UPL, I have some career in competition and good reputation maybe, I want to join again this program since I did quit from ubers and want to be back into Ubers metagame to play UPL at max level.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Yes

assigned to CKW

Username: Ellie T
PO/PS! Username: EleanorTudor
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Sundays /most evenings after homework and stuff.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am almost completely new. I have laddered a bit; learned the mechanics, and the ins and outs of how tiers work by using resources. Now I just want to marry a tier as a main; this looks like a good tier and place to that (I may be wrong tho).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yeah, discord preferred tho.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to CKW

Username: Cookies
PO/PS! Username:GotCookies
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Flexible usual opn late at night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Im decent at pokemon just want to truly learn how to build properly within the game. I play a lot of monotype and ubers but I truly dont understand how to build for a meta that requires innovation in order to stay fresh. I need an individual in ubers willing to help me get better and truly help me get over the top.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Jase The World

Username: Laspleispk
PO/PS! Username: Laspleispk
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: I have availability at night and Weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played sometimes for fun and another times here in some individuals tours... I have played on some individual tours un pokespain and in other forums

assigned to CKW

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
assigned to Jase The World

Username: ADF Test
PO/PS! Username: ADF Test
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Through out the week, from hours 4 to 9. Weekends almost anytime.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played competitive pokemon for about 5 years now and would like to branch off into to different metagames, since I've only been playing OU for that entirety. I would love to start playing ubers more competitively, because I play the metagame AnythingGoes and would love to play a tier similar to it!

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Username: DeadYouAre
PO/PS! Username: DeadYouAre
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual hours of Availability: This week and half of the next it's imposible for me to play, rest of that usually from 16 h to 20 h in weekdays. From 15 to 21 in weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): well i came to PS in summer of 2017, but 1 month later i became inactive. In February of 2019 I came back, in this time i have been playing OU mostly. Depend of the day i get to 1700 or go down to 1300. I have tried many tiers and the most i like atm is Ubers, OU, UU and Monotype. And so i want to start to get better in Ubers couse i dont really know the meta and I suck a little bit building teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord

assigned to Mysterious M

Username: Frate Nero
PS! Username: Frate Nero
Time zone: BST( British standard time).
About my experience: I have been playing pokemon for the past two years, very recently, I have managed the craft of teambuilding. One of my real life friends got me into this site and world of competitive battling, though it took me a while to hone my skills and sparodically, I dared to step forward and make my own team.

Preferred form of communication: Discord.
Do you understand how blacklist works?: Yes.

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: RahelGamer09
PS! Username: RahelGamer03 or Adam Rahel
Time Zone: GMT -4
About my experience: I have been playing for months but I stopped playing and lost my position and now I do not know the metagame, so now I want to learn to battle with the current goal and build with the current goal. I also become a ladder. I played some tournaments and that, but nothing else.
Preferred form of communication: Discord
Do you understand how blacklist works? : Yes

assigned to Holy Ghost

assigned to Minority

Username: RaikouTamer
PS! Username: RaikouTamer
Time Zone: EDT
About my experience: I first played competitive on Pokémon Lab about 8 years ago, but very "casual" competitive with friends and such. I made a PS! account to random battle school friends with in 2012 or so, but did not play much since. One of those friends got me back into competitive battling about a month ago and I've been dipping my toes into every standard SM tier.
Do you understand how blacklist works?: no

assigned to Mysterious M

Username: Satanic Beast
PS! Username: Edgar Allan Poem
Time Zone: CDT/GMT-5
About my experience: I've been playing mons for quite a bit now, since like, about 2014, but only got to a point where I've thought I'm decent in the past year or so. I'm an AG main who's performed pretty well on ladder, and peaked here and there, and hit about 95 GXE at my peak, I qualified for AGLT and hit semifinals, I hit round 7 of the last ssnl by spamming the same HO for every game in every series, and only lost because I decided to use magnemite stall. I have a couple of friends who actually play ubers, and I'm interested in learning it because it seems somewhat close to AG, and I think I would do better at picking up ubers than some other meta, like OU.
Do you understand how blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Mysterious M

Username: Alito the Gladiator
PS! Username: Alito G
Time Zone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and Evenings works best.
About my experience:
I've played every tier, wanted to learn Ubers the most at this point. Probably not going to play much after Gen 8 comes out but I've always liked the idea of using big strong pokemon. Competitively, I know enough about each of the metagames, I got to 1500s sometimes on the ladder but I'm out of loop. Prefer building to battling but looking to learn both. Cheers.

Username: TooWeirdPerson
PO/PS! Username: TooWeirdPerson
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays--7-10 pm, Weekends 12--11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I usually play OU but I've been starting to dive into Ubers lately. I want to be able to use more Uber tier pokemon since it includes my favorite pokemon and I would like to experience this new metagame more than OU. I can play up to a ranking of only 1200 however, and I would like to learn in building teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I am available on Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: Imu
PS! Username: AppropriateMoney
Time Zone: GMT+2
About my experience:
i've been playing competitive on and off for a bout 6 years now, ive played a lot of 1v1, vgc, ou and ubers, i didnt get far in any of those tiers because i enjoy building teams more than actually playing, but in the past few months ive started to like laddering, ive managed to reach 1500 in ou with my janky victini team.
i would like to learn how to play well since ive been strugglying on my own.

Assigned to: Mysterious M

Username: Ghost2Hunt

PO/PS! Username: ghost2hunt / a random prodigy

Your timezone: GMT+2 / UCT

Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-midnight

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Battled competitively in the ubers tier since BW2 till late oras, would like to get back into the tier and learn a wider variety of playing styles rather than HO/BO.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Both, preferably Discord.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to: Minority

Username: pulsar512b
PO/PS! Username: pulsar512b
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: most anytime during the day should work
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in AG, and have now became a decent player in there. I've played a little ubers but the metagame is a lot different. I want to learn Ubers since I think the skills there will carry over better to the next generation and I'd also like to be able to better compete in tournaments.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Assigned to: Cynara

Username: YashGreninja

PO/PS! Username: YashGreninja

Your timezone: CST

Usual Hours Of Availability: 3-5 CST on the weekdays for the most part (very few times do I have exceptions where I either can’t make that time or I can do some other time with flexibility), and most times on the weekends.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played Ubers casually for a few months now, and quite recently, I hit around top 70 on the PS ladder for Ubers, but that was with using a team made by someone else. I started out playing competitive OU, but didn’t know anything and struggled a lot, and it didn’t really fit my style, which is when I transitioned to Ubers. I haven’t played any tournaments yet on Smogon, so I hope to learn more about the Ubers tier, so I get enough experience to play Ubers, as well as spread competitive advice to other Ubers players.

Are you able to use Discord or Skype?: I have discord, not Skype, Yash#9451 is my username and ID.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)