Apprentice Program Signups: SS Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS Monotype, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
sasha
DugZa
Kev
maroon
Plunder
style.css
roxie

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
Username: Bobadeda
PS! Username: Bobadeda
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually all day unless I'm out playing pokemon go
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first started playing with PTCGO then i found this game and always have found monotype as being my favorite format
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username:Anster501
PS! Username:Anster501
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Friday and Saturday 11:00 - 13:00
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I have one 3 battles with only grass types in anything goes.
I played Gen 7 Anything goes for a while but monotype is so challenging that it is very hard but helping me with team stats. I would like to learn to make a balanced team out of these types Steel, Psychic, Dark, Poison, and Fairy.
Are you able to use discord?:Anster#7048
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Calaeb

formerly Pawwz
Username: Pawwz

PS! Username: Pawwz

Your Timezone: EST -4

Usual Hours of Availability: I'm usually available at any given time. The only days that I 100% have something happening on are Tuesday & Saturday's. Sometimes I'll only be able to play on mobile, others I'll be able to be on a PC. My situation is complicated, sorry in advance.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been around for five years, pushing six. I laddered a lot in gen 6-8, then stopped playing for a while due to real life complications. I participated in two SSNL's, and placed Top 8 in one of them. I also placed 2nd in a team-tournament a while ago. I've peaked a lot of time on ladder throughout the generations, but that really doesn't mean much. I don't play a mons a whole lot anymore, but I've recently had the urge to get back into it and possibly participate in some competitive tournaments. I'm aware that a lot of people aren't too fond of me, but I can assure you that I have no intentions of trolling or causing issues about anyone/anything. I just want to play, and I've lost my edge, is all.

Username: Lumi_AU
PS! Username: fablest
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: 1pm-10pm typically
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing gen 8 randbats about 1-2 months ago, and was pretty bad at it. Then, a week or so later I discovered Gen 8 Monotypes and I switched to it. I have roughly 100ish monotype games and 130ish total games spread through 2 accounts. I play mainly mono ghost and mono electric and I feel as if I am in need of some guidance.
Are you able to use Discord?: OoferNuggz#0737
Yes

Username: The2009Zapdos

PS! Username: The2009Zapdos

Your Timezone: GMT -4

Usual Hours of Availability: almost everyday from 8 am - 11 pm. But due to school, starting sometime in September its about 6 pm - 11 pm. Almost always 10 am - 11 pm on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have a little experience with a lot of tiers. This includes the following: RBY OU, BW RU, SM UU, SM PU, SM NU, VGC 2022, VGC 2017, ADV NU, Gen 8 Monotype, Gen 8 1v1 and the slimmest of knowledge in ADV OU. I'm trying to make a successful team for every singles tier throughout each generation - which is the reason I'm (sorta) familiar with so many tiers. I'm attempting to make a good Monotype team (Gen 8) for Ghost, Grass, Fighting, Ice, Rock, Dragon, Water, Fire and Fairy for reasons I will explain to my tutor. Its a lot on hand, but I've been managing bit by bit overtime - though I do believe I still need a bit of help with the Monotype teams.

Are you able to access Discord?: No, but I can access almost any other thing similar to it

Username: L_T
PS! Username: Lord_DIO1886
Your timezone: Australia (UTC +10)
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually weekdays from 12PM - 6PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I haven't really had that much experience with competitive Pokemon, outside of TCGO and a few tournaments organised by a community I used to be a part of. In those tournaments, I was mostly doing LC but always wanted to try out this format. While I didn't win those tournaments, I did get pretty far into one of them before I got knocked out.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes.
Yes

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Username: Dorron
PS! Username: Dorron
Your timezone: +2 but soon changing to +1
Usual Hours of Availability: after my 4 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing different tiers like SM RU, SM Monotype, Natdex Monotype, DPP OU and SM Ubers for a while, and played Natdex Monotype for NDWC and NDMPL, but feel like have never been able to perform in SS. I'd like to focus in building.

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS Monotype, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
sasha
DugZa
Kev
maroon
Plunder
style.css
roxie

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).
Username -technoblade1
PS! username -technoblade1
Timezone -IST
Usually hours of Availablity- at 2:00 PM IST
Experience in competitive Pokemon -am in top 100 in 1v1 and 1700+ elo in gen 8 randbats

Current Tutors:
sasha
DugZa
Kev
maroon
Plunder
style.css
roxie

THE RULES

Username: technoblade 1
PS! Username:technoblade 1
Your timezone:IST
Usual Hours of Availability:2:00 PM IST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):am in top 100 in 1v1 and 1700+ elo in randbats gen 8
Are you able to use Discord?:look behund (retired)#8920
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: Starfox.
PS! Username: starf0x
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 12PM-3PM AND 7PM-10:30PM on weekdays, weekends anytime.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played mono since gen 6, and after taking a long break from playing, I'd like to learn more about the current metagame as well as improving upon my battling skills.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Starfox#9098)

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
PS! Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
Your timezone: EST/ GMT +6
Usual Hours of Availability:
My timings are weird but flexible, I am currently physically based in GMT +6 but do a lot of work in EST since I was there for the last 3.5 years
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Very oldhat, been on PO since Gen IV and then switched to Showdown around V, was top 30 fairly consistently on OU for a good chunk of time then (had a funny winning streak against a certain mod lol) . Took a long hiatus after VIII was barely implemented and now I'm back in time for another gen shift, but would like to get used to this meta and a few others just to stop being rusty and learn what's new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)