Apprentice Program Signups: NatDex OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for NatDex OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
Kate
peap
Sputnik
TylerTheMilotic

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
Username: 7thisslugismart7
PS! Username: berry slug
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually at around 7pm-10pm from Sundays to Thursdays, up until midnight on Fridays, and all day until midnight on Saturdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started back in gen 7, when Gen 8 was starting to be implemented as the new main core meta, theory-mon'ing and building battle tree teams. My actual experience was with laddering with samples in gen 6 OU and grinding randbats. After playing for 3 years and getting pretty familiar with the forums, I decided to join my first few tours; ones Im waiting to complete within whats left of this week. So my main goal is to become a pretty decent builder which is my biggest passion for the moment, making well-rounded teams with a wow factor that can help me do well in tours or make me look cool while losing.
Are you able to use Discord?: yeah
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep

Username:DelanT
PS! Username: Xthapu
Your timezone:GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability:usually from Monday to Thursday at any time on Sundays I can also from 9am to 6pm.

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

Hello, I started in generation 8 in the National Dex OU format, which I really liked and was basically based on the ladder. I was in the top 10, then I started playing SS OU. I was in the top 200 but I stopped playing it. I also like ADV OU but of these formats, National Dex is my favorite. I've been competitive for 2 years and I'm looking for a tutor because I got to a point where I don't have any progress in competitive anymore and I think I could use a tutor.
Are you able to use Discord? Yep
Thapu#9745

Username: HUNTER098
PS! Username: Hunter098
Your timezone: Cet
Usual Hours of Availability: Available from 16 cet - 21 cet on weekdays and in the weekends im ussually available till later
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing last year in SSOU and i didnt like that tier so i started experimenting in NDOU. I started out playing HO and now play stall. My elo peaked at 1692
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Waddledont96
PS! Username: somepokemonboi
Your timezone:GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: 15 EST - to 21 EST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've always hopped in and out of competitive pokemon from time to time and I've always been low-mid at the game. I don't really have a good understanding on how to make teams but i'm alright at battling. The format I usually play the most of is National Dex OU so that's why I chose this format for tutoring.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: no, but how do I know

Username: Victini4ssbu
PS! Username: VictoryMudkip
Your timezone: GMT -7 (US west coast)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:30 pm -4:30 pm on weekdays , basically any time on weekends
I have played this tier for a super long time, but I've always been god awful. Im a common person in the nd cord (mainly general cuz this game sucks). I haven't played nd or even PS! in over a month as of writing this so I kinda just want to regain interest in competitive pokemon and finally be good.
Yes, and in fact my discord is Victory#5836
Yes

Username: morrrow
PS! Username: morrrow1
Your timezone: EST.
Usual Hours of Availability: During the week 4pm -8 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive
Pokémon So around March 2021 is when I started comp. I started playing on Pokémon showdown. The first tier I started playing was Ndou (this tier) i was decent when i first started as I had experience from other Pokémon games. I knew a couple good mons and i did know what I was doing with typing's of mons. Now its been a year I've gotten a lot better I can hit ladder multiple times. somethings i need to improve on is teambuilding and reading opponents' moves. A tutor would help me improve alot. One more thing to add is that i took a 3 month break so I got pretty rusty and i started playing again a month ago.
I
Yeah of course
Yes i do.

Username: RTM
PS! Username: R7M
Your timezone: +10
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends all day weekdays after 5
goat at 1v1, goat at 6v6, a lot better at everything than the person above. Best 6v6 result is r12 in ag ssnl and i'm insane at draft (fr ong).
Ye
Ye

Username:deddd mans
PS! Username:dedddgamerman
Your timezone:gmt-4(edt)
evenings usually, decently free on weekends(I will most likely not be on at night on my weekends)
I have played nd for a decent amount of time, decently good at ladder. I don't have formal tour experience but I do ladder very frequently. I usually use my own teams but most of my teams end up being bulky offense idk.
Are you able to use Discord?:ye
ye

Username:Carlitos007
PS! Username:Cammon baby!!
Your timezone:GTM-3
Usual Hours of Availability: from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):GAMEPLAY 3 years ago in pokemon at first I played it for fun but now I want to get into competitive play I can play pretty well on ladder I find it hard to create viable teams and would like to learn more about what to do with a certain matchup
Are you able to use Discord?:Camon Baby!!#4703
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes.

Runo

How it feels to procrastinate on everything
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Username: Runoisch
PS! Username: Runoisch
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: From 4pm - 8pm on Weekdays, 9am - 9pm on Weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first stared around 2 years ago, NatDex OU was the very first tier I played and I did okay in it with my teams being decent enough to land me in the 1300s. eventually I went to other formats to see how I'd do and I just fumble with the teambuilding process. I found myself returning back to Natdex with better knowledge about metagaming and peaked close to 1500 before tilting. In other tiers I peaked at 1508(I think) in NDUU, somewhere in the 1400s in ND Mono, and close to 1700 in NDAG. Recently I've been on a major losing streak in all tiers and I find it hard to build proper cores that deals with defensive walls. My best teams mainly consist of HO or Setup Sweepers.
Are you able to use Discord?: yeah my discord is Runoisch#6276
yes, be committed to the program and don't have a petty attitude

Last edited:
Username: stargaming
PS! Username: stargaming 2306
Your timezone:IST
Usual Hours of Availability: usually most of time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've always hopped in and out of competitive pokemon from time to time and I've always been mid at the game. I don't really have a good understanding on how to make teams but i'm alright at battling. The format I usually play the most of is National Dex OU so that's why I chose this format for tutoring.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Username: Geodude6
PS! Username: GamerLegion
Timezone: UTC -8
Usual Availability: I'm available pretty much all day Thu, Fri, Sat; I work all day Sun-Wed so generally not available those days outside of briefly responding to messages here or on Discord
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My interest in competitive started extremely late into gen 4, I think it was shortly before Salamence was banned. I failed hilariously in pretty much every battle because I didn't know how EVs and IVs worked, so I gave up. I started playing again on Pokemon Online after BW1 released in the US, I think it was shortly before Excadrill was banned. I had a much better grasp of the mechanics of Pokemon but still didn't really know what made a Pokemon good other than that the tiers are a good general guideline, I specifically remember trying to run Sand Force Excadrill and not understanding why other Excadrill always beat it, and trying to run Charizard in OU. I continued to play casually throughout the years but I never really considered myself any better than "decent." I do have an extremely solid grasp on the mechanics of the game, but I feel like here that's not really saying much, and when it comes to the meta I really feel like my brain has rotted over the past 3 years ish so I'm really in need of a refresher and honestly it was a miracle I qualified for the greninja suspect.
Are you able to use Discord? Yes; my discord is Legion#9469. I'm not in the main Smogon discord anymore but I am in both the Natdex and B101 discords.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Don't be a dick and don't john

Last edited:
Username: Thungan
PS! Username: Tagonicus
Your Timezone--4
Usual Hours of Availability: After 3:30 PM most days.
Tell us a little about of your experience in competitive Pokemon: Have played a little bit of National Dex Gen 8 (albeit on an old account I used to ladder with). Spent decent amount of time teambuilding and damage calcs in particular. Also have some experience in the SWSH Gen 8 OU metagame. I have been somewhat inactive for a while out of hesitation, but I am so willing to improve and expand beyond my current capacity with oppportunity to communicate and play with other users.
Are you able to Use Discord?: yes

Username: Zane
PS! Username: Zane102
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually available through the day, will communicate if busy or such by unforeseen things.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played competitive pokemon since around gen 6. I always enjoyed the general meta game, but I slowly started to realize how hard it was to really do anything anymore. I always felt I was behind and can't figure out what it is exactly. I feel I have good skills in general, I just lack the teambuilding or general knowledge of when to do something over something else. I want to hopefully be able to work on this, but I never really had to play any other tiers then natdex at the moment, but I have delved into things like LC and more.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Yes

Username: ndrrrzz1
PS! Username: FPX SUYGETSU
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: 14:00-17:40, 19:30-21:40
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing it on late 2020 while the lockdown was still on and I thought the game was pretty cool and started playing GEN7OU because megas were still there (didnt know about natdex). Then 2021 came and i started laddering and playing it more often as a hobby instead of playing for fun only. I got top 45 in natdex ou ladder, top 15 on natdex ag and now i wanted to know more about the game with experienced players, hope you guys can play with me c:
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, my discord is ndrrrzz1#2748
yessir

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
PS! Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
Your timezone: EST/ GMT +6
My timings are weird but flexible, I am currently physically based in GMT +6 but do a lot of work in EST since I was there for the last 3.5 years
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Very oldhat, been on PO since Gen IV and then switched to Showdown around V, was top 30 fairly consistently on OU for a good chunk of time then (had a funny winning streak against a certain mod lol) . Took a long hiatus after VIII was barely implemented and now I'm back in time for another gen shift, but would like to get used to this meta and a few others just to stop being rusty and learn what's new.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: vexyyyy
PS! Username: vexyyy
Your timezone: CST/ GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Available every afternoon and evening as well as up late.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played some Gen 6 UU and competed in some tourneys. Would teambuild and ladder with a peak rank of around 1700 or 1800. I started playing again and really enjoy national dex and would love to improve as well as learn how to teambuild better.
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)