Apprentice Program: Round Thirteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Thirteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on December 24th. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: DrunkenSniper
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays, about 12-6PM, if EDT is GMT-4 (Note: I'll actually be online during those hours. On netbattle, any times around them. I'll allocate a specific time when I'm assigned someone, I suppose.
Experience level: I can play acceptably in OU, at least. But my strategies are always full of holes, and I'm prone to mistakes.
A little about myself: *Shrug* Aside from blatant Lanturn obsession, there's not much to say. Aside from that I can be indecisive on a bad day. But I'm willing, at least. <_<;;
Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S UU, And Uber.

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: peach
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Around 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. in the weekdays and 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. in the weekends, but I'm only on Netbattle for a short amount of time.
Experience level*: I played this for a month and figured out some stuff on my own. I still lose badly to more experienced players, though, so I came here to get formal tutoring.
A little about myself: I am über at math, physics, and chemistry. I'm busy from the tons of homework I get. I think that's all you need to know.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced OU

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: blazemxx, Juuka
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3:00 PM -6:00 PM, 7:00 Pm -8:00 PM
Experience level*: Good at predicting, playing since March 2006
A little about myself: I'm awesome at math and decent at literacy.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC OU, Gsc UU, RS Uber, RS UU, RBY UU

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick: Colossalchaos.

Time zone:GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):I'm normally on all the time so (in EDT) I would say on Weekdays I'm on From 11:00am-6:00pm and on weekends 8:00am-6:00pm

Experience level*: I can complete the gb games without much trouble but I usually relied on strengh, I am new to battling online so I will need a bit of help learning how to battle properly

A little about myself: I like to make flash movies and games, I like metal, punk and classic rock music and I basicly have no life (lol).

Generation(s) I want to learn: I don't mind what generation but I am pretty new to the Ruby and Saphire pokemon.

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Fishtopher
Time zone: CST
Regular EDT hours : Regularly 5-8 every night. It varies some, though, depending on homework.
Experience: I have played R/B/Y since I was 6, and I know basically everything there is to know about the game. I just got into Netbattle, though, so I have little to no knowledge of it.
About myself: I am a big fan of the original GB and GBC pokemon games, I like kites, and I also like to play Soldat just for the fun of it.
Generations I want to learn: Everything there is to know about R/B/Y (Maybe a little G/S/C if there is time, but it isn't high in priority.)

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle nick: rekt
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4pm-8pm weekdays
Experience level*: err, good
A little about myself: I AM MAD AT ZFS FOR NOT SHOWING UP
Generation(s) I want to learn: rby uu, gsc uu(stoopid zfs)

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Tazzler
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I can go on from 3 PM-10 PM weekdays and the whole weekend when I'm not doing homework/other stuff.
Experience level*: Decent, I guess.
A little about myself: I want to get better at RBY. I have some questions that I'd like a good RBY player to answer.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY OU, RBY UU, GSC OU if I can.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick:Goron
Time zone: EST(GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): weekends, and weekdays 9-11
Experience level*: Understand pokes, can't make a good team
A little about myself: I like to wrestle and play smash bros. melee
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU

Assigned to Groudon80

Netbattle nick: Kristy HarukaAge: 13Time zone: PacificRegular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Uhh. I dunno, I'll just chat with you when I see you (tutor person).Experience level*: Pretty good. ^.^A little about myself: I love talking about Floatsel, Floatsel, and more Floatsel.Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S UU (D/P :P)

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick:
Futue
Time zone: EST (+10 GMT)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8.00 am - 10.00 am
Experience level*: Medium Level, want to learn how to battle and make teams better
A little about myself: Interested in computers, pokemon, nb, i play chess pretty well, and on the verge on being a hardcore gamer.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU, Adv UU.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: Mirablu

Time zone: Eastern Standard

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): My online times are spotty, but I guess I'd have to say 11PM to 7AM-- in Eastern Daylight Time, anyway. Standard would be 10PM-6AM.

Experience level*: I'm quite a newbie to battling against human players, so I'd say about three on a scale of one to ten. I know very few terms used in this community, as well, so I'll definitely need some help with that.

A little about myself: I'm homeschooled, so I don't have too many time constraints. If one were to message me asking me to be on at a specific time, I'd probably be able to make it (as long as it were a day or two in advance).
Aside from that, I'm the eldest of three children, and the only daughter. I enjoy graphic editting, video games, and web design, and occasionally like to program-- though, I'm rather poor at programming, as of yet. I kind of live by "treat others as you wish to be treated", although I have a habit of treating others more nicely than I'd like to be treated. Go figure. *shrug*
Also, I have a penchant for using emoticons (:D, ^^; and >_> are my most often used ones), so if that bothers you ("you" being whoever is assigned to be my tutor), let me know, and I can curb my usage. I don't use much netspeak, though (I pretty much only use "AFK"), so that won't be a problem.
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to increase my skill with Pokemon-- particularly due to the upcoming release of Diamond and Pearl. Those Wi-Fi battles, and all. Well, thanks, then.

Generation(s) I want to learn: The most recent one-- Ruby/Sapphire.

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick: Swordsman 12

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): EDT: Usually 4-7 and occasionally roughly 9-12 (depending on how much homework I have to do) weekdays, and whenever I'm not doing something on weekends.

Experience level*: Well, a year or two ago I played a bit, and became decent. Now I'm trying to pick it up again for a league (on a forum that I go to) that starts january 1st. I played a few games today, and I got swept. I basically forgot most of what I knew (which really wasn't a whole lot) about teambuilding and general play. So, right now, I'm pretty much a newbie.

A little about myself: Not much that I can think of to say. I play lacrosse, I ski, I like watching football. I love playing video games. I'm strong in school, so of course I generally have a lot of work to do. Usually this work gets done after dinner, and I'm online from when I get home to when I eat. If I don't have a ton of work to do, I'm usually back on sometime before 12 EDT (typically around 9, unless I have an essay to write). I'm looking forward to improving my skills, and hopefully not getting killed in the tournament.

Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S, mainly OU.

Assigned to Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: Okashi
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online hours: Normally around 3-8 weekdays, randomly on weekends.
Experience level: I haven't played that much in GSC, but I'm pretty good in general at nb and I have an understanding of how to play.
A little about myself: Not much to say really. I'm pretty good at tons of things, but not great at any one thing. I like sports and stuff, and I'm a good student.
Generations(s) I want to learn: Everything and anything GSC.

Netbattle nick:ChevelleX
Time zone:US pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):4:00-8:00
Experience level*:begginer
A little about myself:Could be a very good trainer if he knew how to battle better.
Generation(s) I want to learn: all

Netbattle nick: Winnar

Time zone: Central

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):(If EDT is one hour behind CST, these times are right) After school on fridays until about 3:30 EDT, and in the mornings on Saturdays till about 7:00 EDT. However, once I get Christmas break, (the 20th), I can be on in the morning till 7:00 EDt.

Experience level*: horrible

A little about myself: i don't know how to build a good team, the team I have now is one someone built for me. I was going to try to build my own later. So I did that, and I think it pwns.

Generation(s) I want to learn: all, but mainly RS because thats waht everyone on NB uses.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle Nick: Fufu3000/MeleeMaster

Time Zone: EST(GMT-5 I believe)

Regular Onlinie Hours:(In EST) Weekends: All day, weekdays, 5 PM-10PM

Experience Level*: I'm good at OU, pretty much a noob at Ubers, and I don't know anything about any other generation.

A little about myself: I like shiny pokemon...I like battling...hm...oh, and Latias is my favorite pokemon. I play basketball, too, so yeah...

Generations I want to learn: Primarily UU(I couldn't meet with Jackal because NB was down for me, it's working now) and a little bit about RS Ubers.

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle Nick:
Indigo Assassin or D'MoneyBoi

Time Zone: EST(GMT-5)

Regular Onlinie Hours:(In EST): 6 PM-9 PM in EST, sometimes later(like after 12 AM)

Experience Level*: Noob.

A little about myself: I downloaded NB long ago, but I haven't had much time to play due to school. I'm in band, and I play Tenor Sax.

Generations I want to learn: RS OU and RS UU

Assigned to Basics

Netbattle nick: HHxo, occasionally with a [TC] tag cause the clan members stole my soul.
Time zone: GMT -6 (Central Daylight Time)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): During the week, anywhere between 4 and 10 PM
Experience level*: I've been playing on and off for about a year
A little about myself: I'm a very loud and bubbly person who enjoys having fun and tries to be a good sport when I lose battles.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle Nick: Syrano

Time Zone: GMT+9:30

Regular Online hours: usually between 3pm and 9pm

Experience Level: a little experience

A little about myself: i'm a quick learner and i can't build a decent team for myself properly

Generations I want to learn: ADV Gen OU,UU and ubers

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Again, I apologize for the shortage of available tutors... this is a terribly busy time of year for many of us. Better luck next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)