Apprentice Program: Round Nineteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Ninetee of the tutoring program; THIS IS GOING TO BE A SUPER LONG ROUND SINCE I'M LEAVING THE COUNTRY FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS. It will last until I return on July 15, 2007. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Available tutors:

Acura, Anomalous, Giga Punch, gotei(13) hyorinmaru, GreenPikachu, Groudon80, Floppy, Holyknight, husk, Jackal, Judgement, Jumpman16, Kongler, latinoheat, Lexay, Mekkah, Mystica, Roy, Sir Chris, skarm, Steelicks, Warthog, Who Knows, Yosuke, zerowing, zfs

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Netbattle nick: IvanDano12
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-9 PM weekdays weekends varies
Experience level*:A little about myself: recently rejoined netbattle after playing ruby...didn't know much about EV's and succeeded with anetbattle OU team. I need help with UU, Ubers, and training...
Diamond/Pearl...right now that's the most trouble

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Time Zone:GMT+5:30

Regular hours online(EDT):10 P.M. to 7 A.M. on and off

A little about myself:I love Pokemon and I love Linkin Park.

Generations I want to learn: DP /RS OU/RS UU/GSC/RBY in order of priority.

Netbattle nick: Deiser
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-11 PM weekdays weekends (varies based on studies)
Experience level*:I've completed Emerald story-mode, but have never battled competitively
Generation(s) I want to learn: Diamond/Pearl. Now that there's online battles I can finally compete competitively.

Netbattle nick: fasola92
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):4-11PM
Experience level*:A little about myself:I have beaten every pokemon game but never battled competitively
Generation(s) I want to learn Diamond/Pearl

Netbattle nick: riodelamuerte
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4-whenever weekdays, weekends usually on.
Experience level*:Beaten all the pokemon games and know a little bit about competitive battling, but still a newbie.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Diamond/Pearl and the last generation, I suppose.

Netbattle nick: Original Fire
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-8PM and sometimes 10PM-1AM
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have had netbattle for a while now, and I try to use OU teams but my team building, EV spreads, and in-battle play isn't too good.
Generation(s) I want to learn: D/P And R/S/E(I have Emerald, this is for current Netbattle play)

P.S: My Netbattle doesn't always connect, but it does a lot of the time.

Netbattle nick: F3ST
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays: around 9PM-2AM Weekends: like 7PM-3AM is when I'll be available.
Experience level*: A little about myself: Umm, I have played netbattle a little bit, but thats it. I'd also like to play in-game along with netbattle if possible.
Generation(s) I want to learn: D/P please, ADV OU too I guess, (basically for teambuilding and prediction).

Netbattle nick: ttocs343
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8-10 most weeknights
Experience level*: Ive been playing for couple weeks.
A little about myself: Pokemon has endured a revival at my school due to a couple classmates and me. Everyone is playing and alot of us are making final teams for battles with eachother on the wii. I want to learn to battle more competitively so i can beat my freinds
Generation(s) I want to learn: Fire red/leaf green, emerald OU

Netbattle nick: Thorns (sometimes with UU, or Uber, or NU)
Time zone: GMT + 10
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Uh I'll say 4.00-5.00 sydney local time since i dont know what edt is
Experience level*: I've been playing for a while but I still need help on prediction and team building.
A little about myself: I learn quick?
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, Advance UU, RBY OU

I waited like all day Sunday for this ><

Netbattle nick: Plasma
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Most weekdays (except Monday and Thursday) 6pm-3am (EDT), or so. Weekends really all weekend but depends on my schedule; I'm a musician so I'm busy often at weird times.
Experience level: Well, I've been playing pokemon since Red and Blue first came out, though I stopped a little before Crystal and came back after Emerald came out. But I never really got into competitive battling. Now with D/P out, I think having a competitive battling team ready in game is worthwhile.
Generation(s) I want to learn: D/P if possible, but really I think I need to learn the basics of team building (which I don't think I'm TERRIBLE at) and the nuances of actually battling, so I think doing anything from ADV (probably OU) would be best.

I'm very new here, but I'm very interested in learning how to battle competitively.

Netbattle nick: ssjbryces
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Somewhere between 10 PM - 3 AM on weekdays. Weekend hours are more erratic.
Experience level*: I've played all of the pokemon games but R/S/E. I have no competitive battling experience.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Diamond and Pearl mainly. If not those, then the advance generations would also be good.

Netbattle nick:Moosenugget
Time zone:Alaska
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): about 7-10 PM
Experience level: Been playing since RBY, every generation. I understand EV's and such but need help with team building and battle strategy
A little about myself: I love using unexpected pokemon or different, uncommon pokemon
Generation(s) I want to learn: D/P now, but mainly ADV UU, some OU

Netbattle nick: [suica]
Time zone: US mountain
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9-10pm edt
Experience level: I know basics
A little about myself: I like using fun pkmn
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv ou

Netbattle nick: Stiltz
Time zone: US Central (CST i believe)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3pm-10pm on Mon/Wed/Fri and differing times on the weekends.
Experience level*: I played r/b/y and g/s versions as an in-game player.
A little about myself: when i commit to something... i commit. but yea im all for fun ^_^
Generation(s) I want to learn: D/P all the good stuff. I'm a noob, but I'm willing to learn. i wanna compete on WiFi and be good.

Netbattle nick: Loki
Time zone: Pacific Standard
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Depends on the day... But most days 9:00pm to 2am (EDT), and mostly free on weekends.
Experience level: I've never played in a truely competitive fashion, just in-game (RBY, GS, and Ruby/Emerald). I've tried to learn as much as I can on my own, looking through board threads on strategies, etc., but I always feel like I'm missing the big picture, so basically I'm still a newb. I'm hoping that what I learn through this can translate over to in-game strategizing and team-building for Wifi.
A little about myself: Umm.... I might be a bit busy in the coming weeks, but I really want to commit to this and be a good apprentice. I just enjoy learning in general. And my favorite generation (as far as pokemon go) would have to be GSC.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Pretty much D/P, as I want to eventually be competitive on Wifi. :ko::preach::priest:

Netbattle nick: LocoUser
Regular Online Hours (in EDT): Generally 6-7:00 PM on Weekdays
Experience level: I am a beginner of sorts. I learned how to predict well in R/S OU, though I was still a little rusty. I want to learn more about he game
Diamond/Pearl, looks interesting to me and I want to get acquanted with it

Netbattle nick:[Kingdra]
Time zone:pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):whenever generally after 1
Experience level*:I can play moderately well
Generation(s) I want to learn:D/P if possible and advance.

Netbattle nick:EDWARD
Time zone: GMT +10 hours
Regular Online Hours: In GMT+0 I am on ant 9 or 10 a.m.
Experience level*: Untill now a strictly ingame player.
A little bit about myself: I am getting involved in online battling and online communities
because no-one in my town seems to care.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3 and 4

Time zone: GMT -6
Regular Online Hours: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM for the next few weeks or so, I'll be on most of the time after that, like 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Experience level*: Decent at making teams, basically bad at battling.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 4th Gen
AIM: The Chansenator

I mostly need help on battling right now, seeing how I got plenty of help on teams from Jumpman. I just never got enough time with him for battling, seeing how he didn't have alot of time.

I'd mostly like to use D/P Wi-Fi for the training if we can't do it over AIM, seeing how NB doesn't have 4th gen Pokes on it and competitor isn't out yet. :P

Netbattle nick: (aldred)Age:15Time zone:GMTRegular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):5-9 weekdays, alot weekends.Experience level*:im alright, just want to be better really.A little about myself:willing to learn, fast learner, like rock music.Generation(s) I want to learn:RS OU, UU, BL and NU

Netbattle nick: Cringe
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays vary, generally all day weekends.
Experience level: Been on Netbattle since GSC, but haven't really stuck with it and played competitively.
RSE/DP ;)

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, I should have anticipated most (nearly all) of you would want to learn D/P. We have no way of teaching that right now since Competitor is not finished. I'm going to cancel this round of tutoring since interest in the other generations is extremely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)