Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Shoddy Battle nick: rezzo
Time zone: GMT+0
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 17:00 - 21:00 Weekdays, 10:00 - 22:00 on Weekends
Experience level: Pretty poor, but i'm not a noob
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I'm a British Citizen and I enjoy playing pokemon when I get the chance.
I've known about competitive Pokemon battling for quite a while, but I have never really gotten the chance to play it until recently. To be honest I can't remember how I found out about the website (possibly Google) but I have known about it for more than a year now and finally I have a chance to use Shoddy Battle.

Shoddy Battle nick: Balance Problems
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-9 pm weekdays, anytime weekends
Experience level: Used to play quite often but my game needs work after a long break and I am in need of help with team building. The highest rating I ever attained was I think about 1760 but that was in UU and I want to be defined as an OU player.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm a college student studying Business. I enjoy playing Pokemon in my spare time, it's a habit I can't break. I spend a little time with friends but I spend the majority of my time with my fiancee. I live in Atlanta. I make money by busting my ass in construction but that's all I can get atm.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: askaninjask
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-11 on weekdays, whenever on weekends
Experience level: I reached #2 on the little cup leaderboard! But I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to OU.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I have several fun, yet useless hobbies, such as juggling, speed-solving rubik's cubes, playing the piano, and competitive pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick:justcallmemagnum

Time zone: PST (GMT -8)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8pm-12am nightly on weekdays (preferably Monday, Thursday, Friday), any time on weekends

Experience level: So green it isn't even funny. I've only become interested in competitive Pokemon very recently.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference)
: OU, UU

A little about myself: I'm a freelance developer as well as a student of cognitive science - I experiment on brains for the good of science. I'm from Vancouver, Canada where I live with one human, two cats, and a troll.

So you want to mould yourself a protege? I learn fast and I'm more or less a blank slate. I'd like a lot of tutoring on team building and basic strategy for popular movesets so that I can start being creative with the options I'll have. I'm online a lot via Google Talk, so even if we're not battling and you want to talk shop or give me more things to think about that is always an option too.

Shoddy Battle nick: Winner of Pokemon
Time zone: GMT -4
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): ? A really lot, usually random times throughout the day.
Experience level: I guess I'm not TOO bad, but I'm not good.
A little about myself: I'm a 14 year old girl in Canada. Some hobbies include playing Pokemon, various gamecube and DS games, and hanging out with my best buddy Grizzle Bear.

Shoddy Battle nick: Grizzle Bear
Time zone: GMT-4
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Various times throughout the day after 4:00 PM
Experience level: Fairly new to competitive play so I guess beginner? xD
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm asian, I enjoy video games. I live in Canada. xD
Ivysaur introduced me to competitive play so I thought I'd take the time to learn about it. xD

Probably won't get in, but it's worth a shot.

Shoddy Battle nick: Witness315
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-8 weekdays, flexible on weekends
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU/Ubers/OU
A little about myself: I have made it very high on the standard ladder, up to a 1600 CRE. I don't need much help in OU, but recently I have gotten into UU and I would like to get better. My main playstyle is offense, although I have experience in Stall. I enjoy sports, especially lacrosse, and I like hanging out with friends.

Shoddy Battle nick: rainxspear
Time zone: GMT-5:00
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Like 4 hours
Experience level: Good
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: Yeah i just want some help in team building and some help in battling.

Shoddy Battle nick: gingbino11
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I live in New Zealand, so my online times may be a little starnge. Though I am on a fair amount.
Experience level: I've been playing competitively for a fair time now. I am reasonably good, having reached a maximum ladder rating of around 1612.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I'm a typical, pasty nerd who likes to sit inside all day either on the computer or reading a book. In the way of pokemon, my main play style is fast and frail offence, and I enjoy Hyper-Offence too, as I recently built a special one and have used it to great success.

Shoddy Battle nick:Bish.. , .Mr Bean
Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Pretty much all day on weekends, it varies on weekdays.
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU,OU, Uber
A little about myself: Um, i'm a good learner. I was in the last round with LonelyNess but because of school and timezone problems, we only got two meetings in, so I'd like to request him again.

Shoddy Battle nick:GameMaster55555
Time zone: EST (GMT -5 I'm pretty sure)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): From 3:30 Pm to 10: PM, with a few breaks inbetween on school days. Most of the day on weekends.
Experience level: Average
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Any, I would like to learn about all of them eventually.
A little about myself: I just became a freshmen this year (=]), and high school is great. I have been playing Pokemon since I was about 7, and only got really into competetive when Plat came out.
In school, I am involved with Student Union, many bands, and the anual musical. I play tenor sax and love it. I am also the valectdictorian of my calss. I put all of my effort into eveything, and most things school related come easy.
I am also involved in Boy Scouts and am currently finishing my Eagle Project.
Thanks!

Shoddy Battle nick: FranusTMFT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6 to 11 pm
Experience level: Very little
A little about myself: I'm a good learner, I pay attention, I'm not afraid to speak up if I think something is wrong, and I really like pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick: Shadow0x0cloud

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): every other (unless specified) weekend from 6:30-10pm (sundays is 6:30- 9:30 however) and weekdays from 3:30 to 5:30

Experience level: Very little

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, UBER

A little about myself: Well i have had experience in team battling for the 2v2 nintendo competitions, but i wanted to learn more about singles. I am a 14 year old boy living in baldwin NY and im a good learner and i have a decent attention span. However if we are playing shoddy or something when i say i got to go i really do. My parents are strict about that.

Shoddy Battle nick: Skyfox500
Time zone: Eastern (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On weekdays, usually between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Experience level: Moderate (I have experience with competitive pokemon in general)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers
A little about myself: I've been wanting to get into Ubers battling for a few months, but have been un-able to find many battles, so I have next to none experience using the pokemon found in the Uber tier.

Shoddy Battle nick: Kogssk
Time zone: Eastern Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00pm - 10:00pm (on weekdays except Monday past 6:00pm)
Experience level: I've been playing for about ten years, but I have no competitive experience.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, BL, UU, Uber, NU
A little about myself: As previously stated, I've been playing Pokemon for about ten years (ever since Yellow came out). I want to take my game to the next level, so I can compete in Nintendo events and online tournements. If it is not to much of a burden, please allow me to have a tutor.

Shoddy Battle nick: King Empoleon
Time zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12:00 P.M.-2:30P.M(Weekends), 7:00 P.M.-8:30 P.M, 9:00-9:45 P.M
Experience level: In between little and moderate.
A little about myself: Though I've played Pokemon for about 7 years now, I've only been into competitive battling for about 2 months, though I haven't done too good. I've tried to get into this before, but I've been too late. I learn fast, and with what little experience I do have, it should make things a little easier.
Thank you for your time.

Shoddy Battle nick: Divinegon
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3pm - 8pm
Experience level: Moderate. Just started Shoddy Battle two week ago.
A little about myself: I'm a portuguese pokemon trainer that was with Pokemon since Blue, just started getting into competitive battling a month ago. I believe I get my fair share of wins, but I would enjoy to learn much more in terms of metagame, prediction and gaining knowledge overall.

Shoddy Battle nick: Afrokid/RebornRoyal
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-5(Weekdays) 12-When I go to sleep(latest is 3am)
Experience level: I'm good but I want to be legendary good.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself: I like pokemon, but I have a life but I just want to be good like Marriland or Uuton, and stuff like that. I've been playing pokemon for 8 years.

Shoddy Battle nick: Madrid
Time zone: PST (GMT -8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1am-4am EST, 3PM -10PM EST (I really cant tell 100% but for the next few weeks I should be pretty open
Experience level: Played since RBY came out. I've beaten every game, so i'm pretty well versed in what pokemon there are out there and their movepools. It wasnt until 2008 when i got into Competitive Battling and I havent had Wi-Fi for awhile so I haven't had much one-on-one experience with others. I have made a couple teams myself, but mostly consist of sweepers and a few walls/tanks.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): I have zero interest in the uber tier. Mostly my interest is in OU. I need the most help in tactics and understanding team dynamics.
A little about myself: I'm currently looking for work right now as a Pharmacy Technician to start making a decent amount of money and support myself. In my free time I like to fence(the sport, not the walls separating houses) and play games such as Morrowind and Age of Mythology, and of course, Pokemon.

Thank you for your consideration.

Shoddy Battle nick: JRT

Time zone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00pm-11:00pm
Experience level: A little bit of team build knowhow. That's pretty much it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm eager to learn, and ready to be able to battle in any situation. The whole no BL thing and competitive vocabulary has thrown me off a bit, but hopefully that will change

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All tutors have been assigned. Sorry to those who missed out -- we had a very limited number of tutors this round.

Good luck and happy tutoring.

EDIT: Slight mix up, some tutors weren't assigned. I'll be assigning more later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)