SS UU Any thoughts on my UU Team ?

Feeling pretty good with this team on low-ladder UU, but I'm still looking for some advices.

The Team : https://pokepast.es/e6739eb220d3c584

1635633082836.png

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

The team's main hazard remover, physical wall, and defensive pivot. Went on full HP/DEF with the EV spread, unlike what Smogon's sets preconize. I also prefer Knock Off over Foul Play, as I don't really any reliable Knock user on my team, and I don't feel like Mandibuzz really needs to put damage.

1635633349723.png

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz + Slowking is a quite infamous duo, and for a good reason. Slowking combo really well with Physical Wall Mandibuzz as a Special Wall. It's the standart set I don't really have anything to say about it, I decided to play Thunder Wave over something like Psychic or Future Sight because I already have another Psychic stabber and I felt like Para support was needed.

1635633666106.png

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Trick

The Psychic STAB I talked about, and the speed controller. Scarfed Latias outspeed pretty much the entire tier, especially with a Timid Nature, and still hits hard. Draco Meteor and Psychock are the STABs, Psychock is preferred over Psychic to not get completely walled by Special Walls. Ice Beam since Ice was a much needed coverage for my team, Trick stomps wall easily.

1635634187342.png

Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

A special attacker and the offensive pivot of the team. Volt Switch gives you momentum, Focus Blast is coverage, Tbolt is the main STAB, Grass Knot deals with Ground type.

1635634585967.png

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Drain Punch

The physical wallbreaker of the team. I'm playing it as a Bulky Physical Attacker, so no Speed EV investment. That's why I preferred Drain Punch over Close Combat, as Recovery is precious especially when you're burned and get outspeed by everything. Knock Off for some switch-ins ( also deal with some Psychic type ) but I'm not clicking it often tbh.

1635634814036.png

Excadrill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

I'm playing Excadrill purely offensively, mostly because my team lacked physical attacker, it works pretty great as a revenge killer tho. Other than that it's the standart set, Toxic is played over Sword Dance because I like that poison support.

End of the RMT, thanks in advance for any help.

Hello there, hope your day has been going well! Your team looks very nice, making good use of the more recent drops and rising threats like Conkeldurr and Thundurus-Therian. Unfortunately, Latias has been banned as a result of the latest suspect test, which means that that this team does need some changes to accomodate for the changes in the meta.

:ss/latias: -> :ss/hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon

Choice Scarf Hydriegon should make a fine replacement for Latias on this squad, trading utility with Trick for more firepower and adding another offensive pivot to the squad. Flash Cannon is used to deal with Fairies.

:ss/mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD -> 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature -> Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog -> Brave Bird

You already have a hazard remover in Excadrill, so Defog on Mandibuzz isn't necessary. Brave Bird helps Mandibuzz deal with Fighting types like Kommo-o, Conkeldurr, and Mienshao that this set otherwise struggles with. The EVs have also been changed to make it more of a special tank, to help synchronize better with the next changed mon...

:ss/slowking:
Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD -> 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Thunder Wave -> Psychic

Now that Latias has been banned, Slowking is now free to run a Psychic STAB move. Psychic was chosen over Future Sight to more immediately threaten Conkeldurr and Mienshao, which are some of the mons that Colbur Berry Slowking best checks. The increased Defense EVs also help with this.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch -> U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

U-turn works better as a pivoting move for Thundurus-T since it doesn't have to worry about Ground types switching in and blocking its attempts to pivot in. Another optional change you could make here is to swap out Grass Knot for Psychic to deal with Amoonguss, but seeing as your team doesn't really have anything else for Swampert and Seismitoad, sticking with Grass Knot might be the better choice.

:ss/conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD -> 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Drain Punch

The only reason Conkeldurr should be investing in HP if it is running Bulk Up, which this set is not. Maximum Speed investment helps Conk outspeed bulky walls like Celesteela and Tangrowth that it loves to bully.

That's it from me! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)