Antichrist is a vegetarian philanthropist

Catholics consistently make the world a better, funnier place to live.

Honestly this ranks up there with the pope saying alien life probably exists and then his astronomers feverishly speculating that they probably don't have original sin and that God doesn't love them as much as us.

People are so anthropocentric and self centered- I bet if that same pope successor candidate was vegetarian and a philanthropist he'd be saying that the Antichrist eats meat and is a prick.

I especially love that the antichrist advocates dialogue with Orthodox or Anglican believers. Man what a clearly antichrist thing to do, discussing christ with other christ believers.

Oh my god, these people are retarded. When will they learn that Antichrist means anyone who is not Christian. Either way, no one cares.

The antichrist by definition needs to believe in Jesus...how else/why else would he actively thwart jesus with dastardly deeds like pacifism?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well the first part looked a bit reasonable. The Anti-Christ would probably come in that form (says in the bible it'll come as a wolf in sheep's clothing, to aptly use a metaphor).

Then I saw the part "dialogue with anglican and orthodox believers" and laughed.

The closest thing to an Antichrist that I've seen is the Pope.

I JUST GODDAMN WENT THERE.

Covering up sex scandals, turning his religion into politics, leading the masses while proclaiming to have the truth...

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I really hate it when people take religion and make it Serious Business. Like when people blame bad weather on everything from 'God's hatred of homosexuality' to 'God's dislike of the financial mess of the country', or whatever tenuous links people like to attribute to the Invisible Magic Man In The Sky.

As for an Antichrist, if he did exist, he would likely be in the Catholic Church. What better way to subvert an organisation, especially such a large and organised one, but from within? I'm reminded of a parable about a 'house divided' and Christianity as a whole is pretty divided (several different sects, having religious wars between those sects - the Northern Ireland Troubles really focus the attention on this, and the inability to realise when your beliefs are causing more harm than good and missing the entire point of what God would actually want.)

Going one step further upon Toothache's theory, I put forward that Cardinal Giacomo Biffi himself is the Antichrist. A wolf in sheep's clothing indeed; not only is he deep within the Catholic church, but very cunningly shifting attention away from himself whilst actively encouraging a larger rift between different Christian groups. There's a conspiracy at hand.

Toothache you are probably right. What better way to ruin a churches shit than to molest a bunch of kids?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Religion causes more harm than good because no good deed goes unpunished, and religious people do more good deeds per capita.

It is logically consistent that an Antichrist would latch onto movements that preach supposedly peaceful/non-harmful ideologies (maybe "The Religion of Peace?"), though I'm not much of a fan of Antichrist talk generally. Besides, this was some cardinal and it was the BBC talking about him being a possible successor.

The BBC doesn't know shit about Catholicism though, and every time a pope dies they wonder aloud whether the new Pope will support abortion, invitro-fertilization, euthanasia, and every other current convention directly opposed to the dignity and sanctity of human life.

Then they find out the new Pope is indeed as Catholic as the old one, and the cycle of claiming any Catholic cardinal who makes an out-there statement is a likely successor to The Holy See continues apace.

Question for those that are well-versed in the Bible, does it say anything that is explicitly hateful or prejudiced against any group?

Religion causes more harm than good because no good deed goes unpunished, and religious people do more good deeds per capita.
I'm really glad the catholic church doesn't condone pacifism, cause I'm out looking to start some GOOD deeds today. That is so far up its own ass with self righteousness that it can see out its mouth. Armwaving!

The BBC doesn't know shit about Catholicism though, and every time a pope dies they wonder aloud whether the new Pope will support abortion, invitro-fertilization, euthanasia, and every other current convention directly opposed to the dignity and sanctity of human life.
Well this pope was pretty out there, he said it's okay to use condoms, evolution happens and alien life probably exists. Diabolical.

The simple fact is, Deck Knight, that the Cardinal that spouted this shit in the OP is probably a better Catholic than you. He's closer in with God, being a Cardinal, and he's a role model/leader for you. If you disagree, there's approximately 10 thousand other churches within christianity.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is the problem with the catholic church (not saying that all the catholic church are like this, but cream of the crop of Vatican isn't as holy as most of people think). You can see it since the Middle Ages. They're manipulating of the catholic people into thinking that they know who is the Antichrist. If they really know, why don't they catc him and burn just like the witches ?

The fact that the antichrist is among us is unknown. Yes, it can be a vegetarian, but also can be the Pope himself, or Carla Bruni, or Michael Jordan, or Lula, or a homeless man in Burkina Fasso, or me or anyone among us. People must not try to discover who is, but instead must follow Christ's words.

Just my $0,02.

Well amusingly the last pope admitted the world was round in the early 1990s and the current one has allowed condom use... amusingly enough things change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)