SV OU Anti meta team ( please ban walking wake) Peaked 1600s

What's your favourite Mon to counter walking wake?

• Water absorb clod

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Gastrodon

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • THE PEX

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Azumarill

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Fini ( R•I•P)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Blissey

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
:sv/clodsire: :sv/iron valiant: :sv/sandy shocks: :sv/talonflame: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/great tusk:

(Now that I'm looking at it I've only got one non gen 9 Mon:mehowth:)

Walking wake is very annoying in the current meta, so this is the team I like to use to stop it. The suspect test in ending on the 27th I think so I'm posting this before then. Since I'm running an anti wake build I thought I might as well go all out with an anti meta team.

Paste

https://pokepast.es/84554d9d652a336c

:Clodsire: :iron valiant: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:

I started off with these two, clod being able to check ww defensively, and valiant offensively, even proto spe variants thanks to BE.

:Clodsire: :iron valiant: :sandy shocks: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:

Sandy shocks is next, and has the breaking power to destroy teams, especially sun and does quite well Vs stall. It destroys teams that lack a good grass type.

:Clodsire: :iron valiant: :sandy shocks: :talonflame::poke ball: :poke ball:

Talonflame helped us with many physical attackers, but lokix, slither wing and great tusk especially struggled with it.

:Clodsire: :iron valiant: :sandy shocks: :talonflame: :Gholdengo: :poke ball:

Ghold gave us another check to valiant, as well as a reliable garg check, a way to keep hazards up and a wincon.

:Clodsire: :iron valiant: :sandy shocks: :talonflame: :Gholdengo: :great tusk:

Finally, great tusk gave us more hazard control, especially Vs ghold hazard stack teams, as well as a knock off user and an overall bulky Mon that can help breaking bulkier builds, or even stop sweeps with it's sheer bulk.

The Team

:Leftovers: :Sv/clodsire::leftovers:

Anti SpA sweepers (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Clod was the first Mon I put on the team for it's ability to stop :walking wake: in it's path thanks to water absorb. Most people will expect unaware, and it's name definitely helps with that. This thing is our main hazard setter and status spreader. Tera fairy helps it beat :walking wake: better thanks to it giving it an immunity to Draco, so the best it can do is Flamethrower but...

244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire in Sun: 153-181 (33 - 39%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

:sv/electrode: :Sv/iron valiant: :sv/electrode:
( the booster energy icon isn't on smogon yet :puff: so enjoy big electric ball)

Anti ww / Pult (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock
- Aura Sphere

Iron valiant is here for offensive pressure, often forcing out :walking wake: thanks to booster energy.
I prefer psyshock over t - bolt to hit clod and :amoonguss:, but t-bolt can be useful to beat SpDef dozo and corv. The main reason this thing has BE is to check :dragapult: and :walking wake:, who are both pains to deal with.

:Life orb: :Sv/sandy shocks: :life orb:

Anti Sun (Sandy Shocks) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Thunderbolt

Sandy is a solid pivot, and adds more hazards. This thing rips apart BO teams, and especially sun. LO has a better MU Vs some sun teams, so getting a bad predict Vs :great tusk: or any flying types aren't so punishing.
:Choice specs: are probably better though, as you don't want your pivot taking damage each time it, well pivots.
Tera ground is for that super charged earth power, as their aren't a lot of good flying types, and are weak to t-bolt anyways.

:Heavy duty boots::Sv/Talonflame: :heavy duty boots:

Anti Tusk / Sun (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Air Slash / WoW
- Defog

Talonflame is another Mon to counter sun. It checks :brute bonnet: pretty well, and hard counters the average :slither wing: and :great tusk: other than knock off which is annoying.

Air slash gives it a better chance against all three of them, and hopefully scares out tusk and discourages knocks after I've revealed it. This thing is still nice as a u turn punisher, a status spreader, and a form of hazard removal.

:Silk scarf: :Sv/Gholdengo: :silk scarf:
( there's no cc sprite, so I'm using silk scarf )

Anti Pult (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain

Ghold is here as a wincon and a :Garganacl: answer, but can ward off hazards too.
The name "Anti Pult" (hopefully) makes the opponent think this is a scarf set, so you can click attacking moves until garg comes in and then surprise it with np.
Tera flying is to beat tusk and any other grounds. This thing is also quite useful in beating non s-ball :iron valiant:, if it's packing psyshock for :clodsire:.

:Assault vest: :Sv/great tusk: :assault vest:

Anti Ghold (Great Tusk) @ Assault Vest / Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Close Combat / Stealth Rock

Tuskothy here is the last member of the team, max HP and AV let's it soft check :Gholdengo: and :sandy shocks:, 2 big threats to the team.
Honestly though :assault vest: really doesn't help,since they can get damage, swap out, then come back later to KO it later.

This thing still has good utility without status moves in knock and spin. Tusk acts as a second form of hazard removal, one that handles :Gholdengo: better. Not much else to say about this Mon.

Actually now that I'm writing this I'm realising that :Garganacl: might be better.

:Leftovers: :Sv/Garganacl: :leftovers:

Anti everything (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Garg is a better check to :Gholdengo:, aswell as :corviknight:, :clodsire:, and most other waters and steels. EQ let's it hit cc Mons or Mons weak to ground.
Threat list

:Sv/Gholdengo: :sv/sandy shocks:

These 2 are both annoying to deal with. Their sheer power can rip the team apart, especially without garg.

:Sv/Baxcalibur:

Bax can get scary after a few dds, but can be stopped be either bluffing scarf on :Gholdengo:, or using your tera on either garg or ghold.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1818214455 ---- we got a few burns and an early KO onto :meowscarada:, and got some unecessary Vs pult twice, and got an easy win.

Me being the Dumbo I am ONCE AGAIN forgot replays :eeveehide:. I'll try to be better at this next time ( although I probably won't).

Post - Ban Updates

Now I know that there's a world that :walking wake: won't be banned ( that's the one where elephants fly ) but this is for the incredibly high chance it will be.

Booster energy to :choice specs: on :iron valiant:
For the extra power, enough said.

Water absorb on :clodsire: to unaware
WA might still be useful Vs rain, but overall unaware is probably going to be better.

:Life orb: to :choice specs: on :sandy shocks:
sun teams will be less popular, so less reads versus tusks.

:Talonflame: ---> :corviknight:

This is just an optional and drastic change, but slither wing, bonnet and tusk's offensive presence won't be as bad, and overall corv is a bulkier Mon and slower pivot.

Side note: :sandy shocks: won't be as common since sun teams will become less popular, which is good for us.

I hope while using this team you'll have fun making people break they're computer when they see this anti meta team :woop:.

:sv/electrode:
Goodbye:sv/electrode:

Last edited:
You made an anti-meta team yet became the very thing you swore to destroy. Might I suggest Tinkaton. It helps counter iron valient (seems like a big threat), can paralyze garg and gholdengo, and is definitely not meta.

Corve is a good replacement.

Cool team though overall. Let me know how it does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)