Other Features Anime Style Battling for Starters (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Smog Staff, going to apply to write an article for ASB since there has not been one in forever and yeah. I will be writing this on my own. Title is up in the air unless someone can give a better title, should this be approved.

The idea

This article will be an article related to people who want to join ASB and will give them a 101 on how to join and the basics of the game, some of the new Mega Pokémon in ORAS and how they fare in ASB, and then dabble into some of the "endgame" aims that you can take on when you have a good ASB team.

In terms of the outline:
  • Introduction
    • What is ASB, brief history, what the article will cover.
    • Reference past articles on the matter.
  • The Basics
    • What to do to sign up (Reference beginner's guide and other appropriate links)
    • A brief introduction into how a battle plays out (Reference Pwnemon's article in terms of how to be good)
      • Orders, Substitutions, refereeing
  • ORAS Mega Evolutions in ASB
    • ASB gets to play with the new mega evolutions etc
    • I will select three or four of the new megas and what they do in ASB (Thinking about Mega Camerupt, Mega Salamence and Mega Beedrill, and Mega Gallade)
  • What to do when you have developed your team
    • Here I will briefly mention things about the ASB Gym League (Challenge the leaders of gyms for awards), the ASB Tournaments (Compete against many others to win a major prize), Raid Zone (Team up with someone else to beat up bad guys), and The Legend Run (Go through a dungeon to catch a legendary Pokémon).
  • Conclusion
    • Sum up the article
    • Hop on IRC channel (#capasb), links to ASB Forum, handbook, etc.
That is basically the idea. If I need to give credentials, I have written for the magazine a couple of years ago though i lost access and I also moderate the ASB forum so yeah.

i did do this right right

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fine by me. You're approved. Hling Bummer or Toast++ to give you access again. Also, Smogon Starters Hangout is having workshops soon that'll explain each different area and they'll be interactive etc. When the article is finished and released, can it be reposted as an explanation within the future ASB workshop there? Thanks if you're cool with it :) PM me if you want more details on it, but for now the article is cool for here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)