An Underestimated Enemy is a Dangerous One (A UU Warstory by Justinawe and PK Gaming)

Hello guys, this is a UU match that took place between PK Gaming and I yesterday. Preparing for the NU World Tourney, I had been testing my newly made offensive team on the ladder. This match proved to be one of the best of the day, and it really came down to the wire.

Justinawe's Team:

PK Gaming's Team will be posted at the end!

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause,

- Nicknames will be omitted.
- Extraneous information will be mentioned at first instance then omitted.
- Score will be presented after every KO (Justinawe - PK Gaming)
- Battle text will be in bold.
- Justinawe's comments will be in blue.
- PK Gaming's Comments will be in red.

PK Rockin7 sent out LMAO (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Justinawe sent out Sandslash (lvl 100 Sandslash ?).

Frosslass leads are never fun to deal with, especially since my team has no spikes resists. My first thought is to just go for the 2HKO with Stone Edge. Sandslash has enough bulk to take an Ice Beam anyways right?

A Sandslash lead? I've never seen a Sandslash in UU (what with Donphan being infinitely better)
but I know he can't do much to my bulky pro-lass. It doesn't seem like he'll attack right of the bat so I decide to trick.

PK Rockin7: Heya
Justinawe: hi
LMAO used Trick.
LMAO obtained Leftovers!
Sandslash obtained Choice Scarf!
Sandslash used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
LMAO lost 66% of its health.
LMAO's leftovers restored its health a little!
LMAO restored 6% of its health.

Of all the moves that he could have used, Trick may have been the worst for me. I knew he would have been guaranteed one layer of spikes, but the fact I won't be able to spin even after I KO it without switching back is depressing. At least he will only get one layer up though.

Great. He decides to attack and Froslass is nearly crippled. No matter, this is just the beginning, no need to lose my cool. I Decide to at the very least set up some spikes before going down. (Sandslash isn't outspeeding Froslass even with Scarf)

Sandslash: 100%
Frosslass: 40%
---
LMAO used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Sandslash's attack missed!

That nickname really fits Frosslass. I'm sure she was quietly laughing to herself when that 80% move missed. This isn't even hail we are playing in! Either way, she now has a guaranteed 2 layers of spikes for me to have to spin later. At least, it will be 2 layers if Stone Edge decides to hit this time...

And he gets an unfortunate miss, giving froslass a chance to set up more Spikes.

Frosslass: 46%
---
LMAO used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
LMAO lost 46% of its health.
PK Rockin7's LMAO fainted.

Well the 2 layers are now set up, and I get a meaningless Critical hit. If only I had gotten it Turn 1! Frosslass has done her job, and now that she is gone, I don't have to worry about a spin blocker ruining my fun when I come back in to spin.

Hmm, so I've got the choice of setting up more spikes or switching out. At this point, Fross is to weak to come back, (possible as a useful spin blocker) yet I decide against it and just set up even more spikes.

Frosslass: 0%

6-5
---

PK Rockin7 switched in Topsy Turvy (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
Justinawe switched in Parasect (lvl 100 Parasect ?).
Parasect was hurt by Spikes!
Parasect lost 19% of its health.
Topsy Turvy used Close Combat.
It's not very effective...
Parasect lost 45% of its health.
Topsy Turvy's defence was lowered.
Topsy Turvy's special defence was lowered.
Topsy Turvy lost 10% of its health.

Hitmontop isn't that big of a threat to the team, as I have 2 pokemon that resist its main STAB. However; Parasect took a little more from Close Combat then I expected. Looking back, Venomoth switching in would have been the better option, as it has a 4x resist plus Psychic to dismantle the Top. However, putting to sleep his sole spinner seemed too enticing, so Parasect definitely would have been worthy there. Going to Venomoth now would be best for me, as Parasect won't be taking another hit.

Hitmontop has nothing to fear from a sandslash locked into Stone edge, so I decide to Close combat to smack something on the switch for some serious damage.

Parasect: 42%
Hitmontop: 83%
---
Justinawe switched in Venomoth (lvl 100 Venomoth ?).
Venomoth was hurt by Spikes!
Venomoth lost 19% of its health.
Topsy Turvy used Close Combat.
Venomoth lost 34% of its health.
Topsy Turvy's defence was lowered.
Topsy Turvy's special defence was lowered.

Venomoth takes the hit with a much better outcome, thanks to that great 4x resistance. Hitmontop is -2 Sp Def now, so going with a Psychic will be a sure KO. Getting rid of the spinner will ensure the rocks stay up when I can get an oppurtunity to bring in Sandslash. The best Hitmontop could do here anyways is use a Bullet Punch, which I'm sure I can survive.

So he makes a switch into both Parasect AND Venomoth. I've honestly got no idea what Venomoth can unleash so I decide to Bullet punch to get some good damage on it.

Venomoth: 48%
Hitmontop: 80%
---
Topsy Turvy used Bullet Punch.
Venomoth lost 43% of its health.
Venomoth used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Topsy Turvy lost 70% of its health.
PK Rockin7's Topsy Turvy fainted.

Technitop definitely hits hard, but Venomoth is still able to hang on by the skin of its teeth. The 6-4 advantage seems great, but PK has done well already by getting spikes up, as well as crippling 2 of my Pokemon. It's best to deal a hard hit to whatever comes in next, because I don't know for sure if I will be able to get the Spikes spun away. For all I know, there still is another ghost in his possession.

I've overestimated Bullet Punch power as he only loses 43% as a result. At this point I still have no idea what kind of set he is employing. I can switch into Cress for psychic, but it really wouldn't like the damage dealt to it but bug buzz, so I decide to go to my safest option. Raichu.
I recall correctly, Venemoth often runs a similar set that Yanmega ran (specs). Luckily he is outspeed by Raichu and his higher base speed.

Venomoth: 5%
Hitmontop 0%

6-4
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Zapp Brannigan (lvl 100 Raichu ?).
Venomoth used Psychic.
Zapp Brannigan lost 61% of its health.
Zapp Brannigan used Volt Tackle.
Venomoth lost 5% of its health.
Justinawe's Venomoth fainted.
Zapp Brannigan was hit by recoil!
Zapp Brannigan lost 2% of its health.
Zapp Brannigan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Zapp Brannigan restored 6% of its health.

Venomoth deals a last great dent before being finished off by Raichu. I'm unfamiliar with this Raichu set, as I have only played against Nasty Plot ones with Encore. Volt Tackle could be particularly devastating though, as I only have one poke that outright outspeeds it, one that has a 50% chance, and one with a STAB priority. Just as long as I can get one of those in safely, I shouldn't have to worry too much about Raichu. Parasect has also been weakened too much to try and get a Spore in against it.

Damn. I shouldn't have been so careless. That extra damage might cost me later on, as now using Raichu is moderatly difficult. He's clearly going send in Sandslash. I cotemplate on staying in and using Substitute, but I don't want to overpredict (incase of earthquake) I decide to go in to Cresselia.

Venomoth: 0%
Raichu: 45%

5-4
---
Justinawe switched in Sandslash (lvl 100 Sandslash ?).
Sandslash was hurt by Spikes!
Sandslash lost 19% of its health.
PK Rockin7 switched in Generic Chick (lvl 100 Cresselia ?).
Sandslash used Rapid Spin.
Sandslash blew away the spikes!
Generic Chick lost 4% of its health.
Generic Chick's leftovers restored its health a little!
Generic Chick restored 4% of its health.

Now, I have a free switch in to get rid of these damn spikes. Rapid Spin is able to blow away the Spikes, now preventing any further entry hazards ruining my fun, for now. Cresselia is an interesting switch in to be honest. A Psychic or Ice Beam is probably what he will go for, just to deal some hefty damage one me. Luckily, Sharpedo can take both hits from Cresselia like a champ, especially if it is Psychic!

He went Rapid spin, but that's not too bad. I basically get a free turn. I decided against using Calm mind and use Thunder wave to cripple possible (if any) counters.

Sandslash: 81%
Cresselia: 100%
---
Justinawe switched in Sharpedo (lvl 100 Sharpedo ?).
Generic Chick used Thunder Wave.
Sharpedo is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Remember how Sharpedo could take Ice Beam or Psychic like a champ? Well, Thunder Wave is a whole different story. Not only is Sharpedo pretty much useless now, he is also a sitting duck (no pun intended) for any pokemon to set up on now. Time to fire off a Crunch though, as with a Choice Band it will deal a nice chunk to anything that doesn't resist it.

Good god I hate Sharpedo. Luckily it's much less threatening with a paralyzation. I cannot damage it at the moment (due to a single attacking move) and decide to switch out into Venasaur.

Sharpedo: 100% (Para'd)
Cresselia: 100%
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Kip (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Sharpedo is paralysed! It can't move!

Very unfortunate, as he gets his plant monster in for free. I'm sure Crunch would have done at least half. Well let's see, most Venusaur would Sleep Powder first, but he wouldn't risk that against paralysis. A grass attack is the most logical move he could make, so going to Ninetails to take Power Whip seems like a decent idea. No point in letting Sharpedo die, as it can still be useful with Aqua Jet revenging late game.

Lucky me. I don't want to take any chances. Sharpedo's defenses are really pathetic, so an earthquake should do it in just fine. I may also reel in potential counter.

Sharpedo: 100% (Para'd)
Venusaur: 100%
---
Justinawe switched in Ninetales (lvl 100 Ninetales ?).
Kip used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Ninetales lost 100% of its health.
Justinawe's Ninetales fainted.
Kip lost 10% of its health.

...Ouch... Apparently he thought Earthquake would KO Sharpedo... and he was probably right. His paltry base 40 defense won't be taking much hits. Just like that the game comes back to being tied, with him completely outplaying me these last few turns. I run the standard Nasty Plot Ninetails, with Substitute over Hypnosis to block status. Looking at his team, I'm sure Ninetails could of played around the Psychic from Cresselia to sweep late game. While I now regret sending in Ninetails so hastily, Sharpedo still is nice to have for when Cresselia rears its head again to take its weak hits.

Reeled in, hook line and sinker. Ninetails goes down in a flash, and I quickly start to get momentum in this match.

Ninetails: 0%
Venusaur: 90%

4-4
---
Justinawe switched in Espeon (lvl 100 Espeon ?).
Espeon used Psychic.
Generic Chick lost 21% of its health.

An Espeon Psychic from 593 base Special Attack will be sure to decimate his giant plant, but he has other plans. Cresselia still takes a decent chunk of damage. Now, I'm sure he will go try to fire off another Thunder Wave, so its time to go to Sandslash and get the rocks up.

Fearing a psychic, I switch out into Cress for the predicted assault. She gets in nicely. I'm sure that this Espeon is scarfed, so using a Thunder wave seems like a fine choice... However, he still has his sandlash and I don't want to waste a turn. I decide to just attack with Psychic.

Espeon: 100%
Cresselia: 85%
---
Generic Chick used Psychic.
Sandslash lost 55% of its health.

So much for Thunder Wave. I got so eager to set up rocks I forgot that Cresselia can actually pose a somewhat offensive threat. Sandslash is now sitting at about one fourth health, with Cresselia about to finish the job. Now whether he decides to Psychic or Thunder Wave, Sharpedo will definitely be the best choice to come in as it takes 0 damage from either.

Sandslash takes a decent chunk of damage from psychic. At this point, I'm sure I outspeed it, but it could never hurt to assume the worst.
I'm pretty sure his Sandlsash has night slash, but I don't fear it's damage (a crit might hurt) so I decide to psychic again.

Sandslash: 26%
Cresselia: 91%
---
It doesn't affect Sharpedo...

Finally a free switch in that pays off. Sharpedo now can unleash a powerful STAB Crunch with CB. Cresselia will be taking near fatal damage if it chooses to stay in, so a switch is surely imminent.

What a pain. If I can take out Sharpedo, I can seal this match with an easy Cress sweep. His team really doesn't have an answer to it, so I've got to take out Sharpedo ASAP. Venasaur can force it to switch.

Sharpedo: 100%
Cresselia: 97%
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Kip (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Sharpedo used Crunch.
Kip lost 74% of its health.
Kip's defence was lowered.

Just like that, Venusaur has 3/4th of its HP ripped away from it. Another Earthquake is sure to come, and I still have one pokemon with a 4x resist that can risk coming in on that.

He manages to get an attack off, and it hurt like hell. Venusaur is basically crippled at this point. I decided to Earthquake, (I don't want to be overpredict, and I surely don't want Sleep powder missing and backfiring on me).

Venusaur: 26%
---
Justinawe switched in Parasect (lvl 100 Parasect ?).
Kip used Earthquake.
Parasect lost 10% of its health.
Kip lost 10% of its health.

A very even trade off, if I may say so myself. We both suffer a 10% loss, which is more like a 4% loss for me thanks to Leftovers. At this point, Parasect is sitting at under 50%, so I am willing to sacrifice it for whatever Venusaur may do next. It's not like Parasect could go on a huge sweep run or anything.

I forgot about the parasitic freak. I really don't want to switch. I have no idea what it runs, but I DO KNOW that it uses Spore. I'm doing pathetic damage as it is, so I decide to Sleep powder to momentarily incapacitate it.

Parasect: 38%
Venusaur: 16%
---
Kip used Sleep Powder.
Parasect fell asleep!
Parasect is fast asleep!

The bug get sstuck taking the sleep for the team. It's better Parasect then something that could actually be important to winning the game (no offense Parasect!) Now time to see what he does next, as I can't risk switching in any of my other pokes now to this LO sweeper.

Alright, time to get down to business. This gives me time to set up. Hopefully it doesn't wake up at this point. I decide to Swords dance and go in for an easy sweep.

Parasect: 44%
---
Kip used Swords Dance.
Kip's attack was sharply raised.
Parasect is fast asleep!

Oh well, as much as I regret not switching in Espeon right there, I know it will be more rewarding to get a free switch in later. Keep hanging in there Parasect!

Good. I don't want to get greedy so I decide to Earthquake. The back of my mind is yelling USE POWER WHIP. How stupid would that be? Parasect quad resists it, and a powerwhip (even factoring overgrow) would not be the best choice. I decide to EQ.

Parasect: 50%
---
Kip used Earthquake.
Parasect lost 22% of its health.
Kip lost 6% of its health.
PK Rockin7's Kip fainted.
Parasect is fast asleep!

Still able to shrug off an Earthquake, Parasect seems to have no idea what is going on. I am still surprised he didn't go for the Power Whip though, as it would have done much more damage. Venusaur proved to be troublesome for the team, and now I'm glad it is finally gone. Good job walling Parasect, you're resistances are under appreciated!

That did significantly less damage than I thought. I've got 2 choices at this point. I can go to either Feraligatr and get the quick kill, or I can get Raichu in and hopefully get up a sub before a possible Spore.

Parasect: 35%
Venusaur: 0%

4-3
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Dragoon (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).
Dragoon used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Parasect lost 35% of its health.
Justinawe's Parasect fainted.
Dragoon lost 10% of its health.

After stalling out Venusaur with ease, the Gator comes in all high and mighty to just destroy me with a super effective attack. The match comes back to an even tie, with the late game now staring down upon us. Well, Parasect did a great job this match, and did much better then some other pokemon (coughNinetailscough)

And my (reckless) plan turns out to be a success. Parasect is dead. In retrospect, if it had waken up any earlier it would have been game over for one of my sweepers.

Parasect: 0%
Feraligatr: 90%

3-3
---
Espeon used Psychic.
Generic Chick lost 20% of its health.

This scenario seems too familiar. All I wanted to do was have my Specs Espeon take out Feraligatr, but of course I get walled by the Mighty Duck. If this duck thinks it can finally paralyze me now, it has another thing coming!

I turn to Cresselia for the predicted Psychic. I decide to play risky and set a Calm mind to power up Cresselia and potentially allow her to clean this match.

Cresselia: 83%
---
Generic Chick used Calm Mind.
Generic Chick's special attack was raised.
Generic Chick's special defence was raised.

Sandslash now has a perfect oppurtunity to get up SR, as it will surely outspeed thanks to Scarf. SR will weaken his Cresselia nicely to after he switches it back in, hopefully enough for Espeon to be able to 2HKO it with Shadow Ball. Thankfully it will be forced out by Sharpedo, otherwise CM could be a real pain in the ass to deal with.

And I quickly realize that was a poor choice on my part. Luckily he switchs into Sandlash and NOT Sharpedo, or I would be in deep trouble here.

Sandslash coming in and out is getting old. I decide to Psychic to end the rodents pitiful life.

Sandslash: 26%
Cresselia: 89%

---
Sandslash used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Sandslash lost 26% of its health.
Justinawe's Sandslash fainted.

Pretty much went as expected, I am just glad he didn't go for the Calm Mind. That could have very well been GG there if he decided to go and CM up. Espeon would of had to trick, as that would be its best option to cripple it Now time to force this thing out. This also marks the first time of the match where PK has the upper hand in terms of pokemon, but hopefully Sharpedo can turn that around fast.

Stealth rock is layed down, and it's stipulations seem apparant to me. I've got to make wiser switches from now on. At least Sandslash is out of the picture and I can spam Thunder Wave if needed.

Sandslash: 0%
Cresselia: 95%

2-3
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Dragoon (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).
Pointed stones dug into Dragoon.
Dragoon lost 12% of its health.
Sharpedo used Crunch.
Dragoon lost 59% of its health.

Sharpedo does just as planned, forcing out the Cresselia in order to deal huge damage to Feraligatr. At this point, Feraligatr is only capable of delivering two more hits thanks to Life Orb. Sharpedo, you may have base 40 Defense, but tell me you can at least take a non STAB EQ from Feraligatr.

It's that damned Sharpedo! I cannot allow it to live. In rage I click Earthquake (and forego Dragon Dance, which may or may not have allowed me to sweep).

Feraligatr: 19%
---
Dragoon used Earthquake.
Sharpedo lost 100% of its health.
Justinawe's Sharpedo fainted.
Dragoon lost 10% of its health.

Now I can understand why PK would just Earthquake against Sharpedo. >.> I have to make sure to always scout for the Thunder Wave, as paralysis is quite possibly the worst status to have on this shark. Now, I at least get that free switch in to Espeon, who can now easily take out Feraligatr with Shadow Ball. This is the move I am going to have to rely on to have any chance of winning the game. Without it Cresselia will wall me all day.

Sharpedo: 0%
Feraligatr: 9%

1-3
---
Espeon used Shadow Ball.
Dragoon lost 9% of its health.
PK Rockin7's Dragoon fainted.

Thank god he has no Aqua Jet, so I'm assuming this must have been a Dragon Dancer. With all the pressure put on him though with Sharpedo and such, he had no chance to set up a sweep thankfully. One DD could have easily caused me some havoc, with my best bet being Parasect to take the Ice Punch, then put it to sleep.

It finally goes down, and I grin as Cress can finally wrap this game up cold. There's no point in switching out Gatr now due to Stealth Rock. He gracefully dies to Espeon's Shadow Ball.

Feraligatr: 9%

1-2
---
Pointed stones dug into Generic Chick.
Generic Chick lost 12% of its health.
Espeon used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Generic Chick lost 48% of its health.
Generic Chick's special defence was lowered.
Generic Chick used Thunder Wave.
Espeon is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Generic Chick is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

A lot happened in this turn. While at first it may not seem influential, that Special Defense drop was huge. If he had decided to CM, I would have still been able to KO thanks to it. Another thing, Cresselia sat at 41% after this, meaning if I had happened to roll max damage with 48% that turn, but roll a minimum of 40%, it could have been game there as well. However, he decides to not go for the set up, and instead go for the logical Thunder Wave to cripple my Espeon. The thing I love about Espeon though is its ability, Synchronize, which deals the status ailment the victim took back at the user. Now I don't have to worry about not outspeeding. However, there is still that 25% chance that unfortunately happened earlier in the game.

FUCK! I completely forgot about it's annoying ability. I can't gain momentum at all. In fact, my plan of Moonlighting/CM to beat is completely out the window. Shadow Ball is going to toast Cress alive. I turn to Raichu (Who admitidly hasn't done much this match) Can he KO Espeon with Volt Tackle? I hastily do damage calcs and discover that I've got a good chance to OHKO basic espeons. (I mean ones without defense/timid nature) Unfortunately for me, before I write of this victory, I take a look at Raichu's Hp. It doesn't look like he'll survive an attack, and at best I can hope for is a draw.

Espeon: 100% (Para'd)
Cresselia: 41% (Para'd)
---
Espeon used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Generic Chick lost 41% of its health.
PK Rockin7's Generic Chick fainted.

Thankfully, no parahax happens, and Espeon is able to deliver the finishing blow to the one pokemon that had been walling it constantly throughout the match.

Espeon: 100% (Para'd)
Cresselia: 0%

1-1
---
PK Rockin7 switched in Zapp Brannigan (lvl 100 Raichu ?).

Now it comes down to a weakened Raichu, who will surely be moving first thanks to paralysis. I'm sure this is why he went for the paralysis now, as he can have the guaranteed first move. Looking at his move from earlier, I only know about Volt Tackle. I also assume that is his strongest attack as well. Doing a quick calc on the Smogon Damage calculator, I find that it does 90.7% - 106.8%, which is a bittersweet moment for me. I do have over a 60% chance of surviving the hit, but there is also that 40%~ that could occur. Now looking throughout the match, there have been instances of lower percentage things then 40% occuring. The two biggest ones I can think of being the Sandslash miss, and critical hit the next turn, both having a 20% or under chance. Also, Volt Tackle will be doing recoil damage as well, so this move will either make or break the game for him. Let's see what the final result is...

Zapp Brannigan used Volt Tackle.
Espeon lost 97% of its health.
Zapp Brannigan was hit by recoil!
Zapp Brannigan lost 31% of its health.
PK Rockin7's Zapp Brannigan fainted.
Justinawe wins!​

Justinawe: xD
Justinawe: gg​
PK Rockin7: gg​

By the skin of it's teeth, Espeon hangs on with 3%. Before Espeon can fire off the Shadow Ball though, the recoil finishes Raichu as expected it would if it didn't KO. This truly was a great game PK Gaming, and definitely one of the closest games I have had in a while!

And Espeon clings on to life with 3 measly percent! Ah well, it was a great match the whole way through and I enjoyed it.

PROPS:
I managed to come back with Specs Espeon after Cress seemed poised to sweep.
Sandslash for being able to not only spin spikes, but also getting up SR late game where it really counted.
Parasect for walling Venusaur like a champ and taking the sleep.
Venomoth for hanging on against Hitmontop for the KO and being able to severely damage Raichu to put it in recoil damage from Volt Tackle

SLOPS:
Ninetails for sadly getting KO'd and not being able to be used. :/
Switching in Sharpedo on the expected Ice Beam/Psychic, just to get paralyzed...
Making a few misplays early game with Parasect and Sandslash, which nearly cost me the game.

PROPS: Achieved early momentum
KO on Ninetails early.

SLOPS: Rash, rather hasty moves. (IE, setting up with Cress when Sharpedo was still lurking.

I should have been just killed Sandslash with Ice beam
Wasted Raichu use
Paralyzed Espeon who had synchronize
Failed to set up any sweeper.

PK Gaming's Team:

An average warstory. The ending was really great though. In slops you should have PK gaming for useing Cresselia

EDIT: like God Bless Atheism said use guys were playing pretty badly. Why wouldn't you go to hitmontop to take the Stone Edge?

Great. He decides to attack and Froslass is nearly crippled. No matter, this is just the beginning, no need to lose my cool. I Decide to at the very least set up some spikes before going down. (Sandslash isn't outspeeding Froslass even with Scarf)
Stopped reading there. Choiced unSTABed Stone Edge is a 'free' switch and under the present conditions, switching would of been the best choice.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I felt the commentary on both sides was a bit lacking, although the ending was a nail-biter and I liked the fact you included damage calcs for Volt Tackle.

Average warstory at best, nothing special.

7/10.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Kip used Earthquake.
Parasect is fast asleep!
Not sure why he thought that the earthquake would do any more than that considering it did 10% unboosted, but it can happen when battling I guess. A little bit underplayed on both sides but enjoyable nonetheless. Props for a good read, UU war stories are always fun :)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not sure why he thought that the earthquake would do any more than that considering it did 10% unboosted, but it can happen when battling I guess. A little bit underplayed on both sides but enjoyable nonetheless. Props for a good read, UU war stories are always fun :)
I am officially an idiot. Eh it wouldn't have done THAT much damage.

Stopped reading there. Choiced unSTABed Stone Edge is a 'free' switch and under the present conditions, switching would of been the best choice.
I suppose that is a legitimate reason for not reading. I guess I was using Froslass in a rather risky manner.
But I don't suppose much of a difference would have occured. He still would have switched into a Parasect/Venomoth.

Paras has a quadruple resist to both Grass- and Ground-type moves, So Power Whip would of been the better option.

Decent warstory, it was an enjoyable read, close finish which is always good.

This is pretty decent overall. Nothing too special here, Although it just goes to show how imo Espeon's bulk can still be a useful advantage over Alakazam (as shown in the end). But other than that this is a pretty average warstory I guess.

7.5/10

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised you guys didn't notice my typos/bad grammars.

Apologies in advance.

PS: Damage calcs on powerwhip vs Parasect?

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Power Whip would be almost twice as powerful as Earthquake (45 EBP versus 25 EBP) so around 20%.

Parasect: 50%
---
Kip used Earthquake.
Parasect is fast asleep!

the red part should say 6%

Wow, reminds me of how great was World War II and the Mexican War of Independence. Saur just got quite a brutal move in Power Whip... watch out Pory. xP

And this is my first official read!
thanks for starting my competitive pokemon urge!
I learned quite a few things from this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)