[AMA] Wyvern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Wyvern56

Areas of Expertise: Contributions & Corrections

Background:I first started competitive battling sometime at the start of BW2 OU and played on Showdown a little before I realized how much I sucked at it. After the announcement of XY, I lurked around the speculation thread for a long while before I created my account. After that, I hung out at the OU sub forum and created a thread or two there. I got Y at this time and started a trade shop offering Sneasels (so damn cute :3). I got back into playing on Showdown around then and started C&C and eventually joined the GP team at the beginning of January. Since then, I've done 33 checks and received my first badge, the ladybug. As of now, I'm working on contributing some more for a full contributor badge by doing more GP Checks and am planning on working on The Smog and The Competitor in the future, alongside getting better at battling!

Hobbies: Smogon and homework combined take up a ton of my time, so I have no life :/ (But really, I do Karate and play Chess when I'm free. I'm also really into trivia games, so I started Quizbowl club at my school, and I practice for those competitions).

Favorite Pokemon: Gliscor

Good Questions to Ask Me: anything GP related is fair game!

why does gliscor lose to kingler?
how long did you take to join? gp I mean
good luck dude with smogon and stuff :( honestly have no constructive questions...

Minus

why does gliscor lose to kingler?
how long did you take to join? gp I mean
good luck dude with smogon and stuff :( honestly have no constructive questions...
Kingler > Gliscor > Kingler12345

This is a funny story. So when I first read the how to apply paragraph on the queue, I thought it said you needed TWO checks beforehand. So I Amchecked some LC thing (which I made a shit job of) and something by Fuzznip (I kinda freaked out at the thought of Amchecking an analysis by a Mod, but it went fine n_n) on New Years Eve. After a bit of thinking, I finally built up the courage to PM Oglemi, Jellicent, and Melvni. I spent some time trying to make it look all fancy and stuff and included a lengthy paragraph about why I deserve to be on the team, and then before I knew it, I got an inbox alert from Oglemi saying I could start using the stamps! For some reason, I went back and read the how to apply thing, only to find out that I needed THREE checks beforehand (so I guess Oglemi was seeing double or something that day). So even right now, three months later, I feel like an illegal GPer :/. To answer your question, I got on the team within 12 hours of my first Amcheck!

Thanks =D Well the question above was constructive I guess!

Last edited:

Minus

Gliscor

Smogon bird

uh...UU I guess. There aren't too many Megas roaming around and it's really fun. I kinda like koko's tiering too. Everything is rlly balanced and stuff.

Inside Scoop lol. It's really fun to dig through extremely old threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)