[AMA] ThePillsburyDoughBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Areas of Expertise: OU, Other Metagames

Background: I am primarily an OU player and I go about trying everything I can under the sun there. I also an avid fan of the OM forums. OU has been my tier of choice because you have the most options available to you to experiment with, but in the absence of all the stupid box-cover legendaries :p . My biggest claim to fame probably is the 1 vs 1 metagame. I helped get it enough prominence to get its own permanent ladder on PS! and I lead it. I got into Pokemon after Blametruth restarted putting up DPP battles on his youtube channel. It became my favorite and ultimately, last, video gaming interest. I joined September 2011.

Hobbies: I ran cross country and track for quite a bit, but had to drop out because of school; but I continue to run! I really enjoy playing basketball and soccer. Board Games are another interest of mine, primarily chess. I am an avid music listener, primarily alternative rock, thanks to Google Music All Access no less. I am also into stand-up comedy (not performing myself but watching it). Lastly, I am starting to get into programming and plan to become a Comp Sci major in college.

Favorite Pokemon: Hitmontop

Good Questions to Ask Me: If have any questions about the OU, 1 vs 1, Doubles, or other Other Meta, ask away. I have pretty strong opinions about OU last and current gen, so you will get the deepest answers about that. I also have some strong opinions about the college process, since I currently partaking in it, and about going to college. The last thing I have very strong opinions about are video games / video gaming industry.

Hey I've been a lurker for a long time and love the ou and uu meta games so I have a couple questions.
1. What advice would you give to someone looking to start contributing to the smogon community?
2. With you being a prominent ou players I feel compelled to ask what you think will be suspect tested and in what order?
3. Do you spend a lot of time
focusing on one team or do you make new teams fairly often?

I truly astounded by your publish regards. I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us.Your work is carry the information to the other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)