[AMA] skylight

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: skylight

Areas of Expertise: The Smog, Pokemon Showdown!, NeverUsed and Mentorship Program.

Background: I've hosted loads of things in the NeverUsed forum, such as various minitours, hosted The Next Best Thing there for 5 months (and had the most posts out of any NBT thread), I also hosted Ladder Challenges, and Research Week (and some other stuff I can't remember right now). I've also kept the NU Hub on-site pretty much updated (although I need to fix that up again soon). I've written articles in The Smog since issue 25, and in that time I've been involved in writing 13 (soon to be 15!) I've been a regular chatter at Pokemon Showdown! since July, and got drivers towards the end of July. By the end of September I got mods on the server, and I also had room owners of the Pokemon X/Y Room when it existed. I've also been a mentor here since... way back in May I think. I got mods for The Smog at the start of October iirc, and mods for this forum here this month!

Hobbies: Playing NU, joking around, aaand... idk I like loads of things n_n

Favorite Pokemon: Pretty sure it's Weezing on-site!

Good Questions to Ask Me: Anything about The Smog, the Mentorship Program, Pokemon Showdown! (except coding help I suck at that) and NeverUsed~

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what got you interested in The Smog?
what got you interested in NU?
mad?????????????????????????

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm favourite Smog article is definitely Smogdoom. Legit it was the coolest thing in the world to write and read too!

Since two people asked why I like modding PS I'll answer both at once. I like it because I can help out people who are new to the chat, and idk it feels like one big amusing community. Like, you'd have to be there often enough to know but the regulars are amazing and make it such a fun place to be at :)

What got me interested in the Smog... hmmmm. Well ium came into #nu at one point asking for someone to write an article for NU for the Smog (and to do it in less than a week). I was like, omg! Since at that point I hadn't really done much for Smogon and I wanted to make my ~mark~, so I volunteered and I remember asking ium and vrai what to do while I was in class and I was like HELP THIS IS CONFUSING. THEN when the issue ended, and it was out, I remember asking "um, do I leave my group membership now...? Can I write again...?" lol :x But yea :3 I liked it so I wanted to write more, and I thought it was loads of fun AND I did Journalism at that point and The Smog is totally similar~

My interest in NU was... unique. Early 2012 I purchased some fish. They were going fine until we decided to get more fish and it kind of killed them unfortunately. I remember early April, asking vrai (Zebraiken for those who don't knowwww) about which tier had Seaking and that I'd play that tier because my dead fish was named Seaking (so genius). He responded NU, and so I put together a team and played him. I still have the battle log, and from that point I started playing it more, and more, and eventually got into Smogon's community of NU (aka posting on the forums). I was terrified, and basically every post I made I showed him. I was like LOOK WHAT I'VE DONE :3 And I'm sure he was totally proud. Anyways I was still afraid of Smogon IRC though, and I set a goal in 2013 to speak on IRC and not be afraid (and NU's community was hilarious to watch and I was sad I couldn't be part of that) and slowly I began to get over my fear and intergrate into the community. Also, my first official NU battle outside of ladder and against vrai was coincidentally Cherub Agent n_n

Yes very mad.

UM, hm, Politoed is cool imo. :)

NOP NOT EVEN.

why are you so high?????

also how do you manage to host loads of pc++ threads and have a low postcount wtf

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
LASAGNE

I am never high! I have never done drugs OKAY.

I... spam IRC instead. :'(

SOUL

A celever is pretty cute, though a jcm is adorable when angry.

Uhhhh no.

Unhappy after reading my response.

Unfortunately no!

And sadly no, I really should finish it but meh haven't found time/motivation I guess.

FLCL

My greets are quite nice tyvm they're deep as fuck.

It makes me feel special, like I contribute a lot to ~gender equality~ in NU.

I love cbt, but as a friend tho.

lol damn. Good friends! Well, good friends when he actually talks to me. Legitimately he hasn't talked to me much in ages it's kinda sucky.

MIKEDEC

I'm not really sure tbh. Like, other than that one dude in firebot, most people generally aren't too creepy to me despite being female [or maybe they're all coming onto me and I just think they're being nice :'(]. In fact it's...probably the opposite. And no :|

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Who is your favorite user on #neverused? Least favorite?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite Pokemon to use in NU?

Do you ever actually use Seaking anymore?

Are you glad I didn't ask any questions about cbt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)