[AMA] Redew

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
whats a VM wall and how do u activate it ?
and also is there anywhere where i can like train or get strategies or guidance to help build my team ?
I'm new to competitive battling so I'm seeking some help
to perfect my team

wow i'm so sorry! x.x I didn't get this notification. :((

A VM wall is just someone's profile. You can go on mine and leave me a VM if you want! Just type in the box and hit Post Reply and it will send!

#mentor is a great place to go for that! We have a lot of dedicated RMT mentors, as well as other channels they could recommend if they want!

MONKEY.D.LUFFY

Reactions: X3H

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Redew!

If you could create a new badge, what would it be for, how would a person be able to get one, and what would it look like?

Redo or red-dew?

Hardest analysis you've ever GP'd?

User that influenced you the most?

Best part about Smogon?

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Redew!

If you could create a new badge, what would it be for, how would a person be able to get one, and what would it look like?

Redo or red-dew?

Hardest analysis you've ever GP'd?

User that influenced you the most?

Best part about Smogon?
Hi!

A controversial badge, but it would be for mentoring. There are ways of rewarding non-badged users who help the mentoring program, though, so it is better than nothing. Also, it would be the Mind Badge (I think??) The one with the heart with the hole in it.

The latter

Not sure :( Really it was anything I had to GP using an iPod (my computers always break fsr) so those were hard! I used notepad on the iPod to do it, and I manually implemented BBCode. That was a challenge x.x

blarajan and Flora are the two that really encouraged the 14-year-old me to contribute to C&C, and it eventually got me a badge!

This program obviously :)

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue25/article_workshop

It's a little outdated, but it's generally the same. You basically need to come up with an idea, post in Article Approvals, and then await a response. The mods there will then accept/add to/reject your idea. If it's accepted, you will get access to the Article Workshop. Once there, please work on your thread in a timely matter. If you don't, it slows down the whole process. It stresses out the GP members, the HTMLers, and delays release: something we don't want (although it always happens but THIS IS WHY SO DONT DO IT PLEASE).

Who is your favorite Doggy in the whole wide world? c:

Will the mentoring room ever become official?

Opinion on Jaspers raps? ( The one about you and shaymin was amazing)

Aso, Grats on RO!!!

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Who is your favorite Doggy in the whole wide world? c:

Will the mentoring room ever become official?

Opinion on Jaspers raps? ( The one about you and shaymin was amazing)

Aso, Grats on RO!!!
Only Dododoggy!

I really hope it will. Rooms have to go through certain reqs before they become official, although the Mentorship room can be a huge asset to Smogon and PS.

lol

and thanks!
Can you Mentor me in GP? I'm quite interested in becoming part of it.
Of course! Just drop me a PM and we can discuss more there. :)

Hi Redew ! Got a couple questions for ya:

You mentioned earlier that you initially came from Serebii, what was that like and what drew you to Smogon?

What was the first tier you played?

How do you personally familiarize yourself with a new tier/metagame?

Btw thanks for being so welcoming & helpful when I came to mentoring room, I really learned a lot in the short time we talked! :)

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Hi Redew ! Got a couple questions for ya:

You mentioned earlier that you initially came from Serebii, what was that like and what drew you to Smogon?

What was the first tier you played?

How do you personally familiarize yourself with a new tier/metagame?

Btw thanks for being so welcoming & helpful when I came to mentoring room, I really learned a lot in the short time we talked! :)
Ha. Serebii was definitely different, and it still is. Smogon is a lot more mature, and you see more coherent posts than you do on Serebii. What brought me to Smogon was RMT probbaly, but I saw Flora (Aroma Flora on Serebii, a mod at the time) here and decided to poke fun at her. She and blarajan both encouraged me to do C&C work, so I ended up doing GP checks. I did enough to earn a badge and the rest is history!

OU! The standard one everyone plays, haha.

Well, now I have a lot of friends everywhere on the site, so I normally just go to the tier's IRC chan, see someone I know, and ask if I could use a team to try out on the ladder. I got reqs in LC that way the last time!

No problem. :)

Kanwe

I have a big quetion.
I am Japanese, and i can't understand ladder system.
What I can't understand are
GXE, Glicko-1, and COIL.
I'm not too sure how to explain it myself, but Antar made a thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mystery-ratings-demystified.3498232/) where he explains it!

mizumimizumi

Another wrestler!!! Cool!! :)

What weight do you wrestle at?
Have you ever made it far into any state tournaments?

(I wrestle at 138 myself)

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Another wrestler!!! Cool!! :)

What weight do you wrestle at?
Have you ever made it far into any state tournaments?

(I wrestle at 138 myself)
I did 192, but I wanted to go to 185 (iirc. I mixed them up a lot because I did off-season for a bit before I had to quit.)

Most memorable moment in smogon?
Hmmm... getting mods for this program! I never thought in a million years I would mod anything on Smogon, but I got them somehow! I'm just a golden boy I guess :]

why are you constantly playing minecraft and disappearing whenever we try to do something
Sry ium :(

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
There were concerns of them not being used for what they should, so Birkal moved the ones he didn't think were actually helpful. I'm sure if you wanted some up you could PM him about it. Alternatively, you could just PM the person if it's an urgent question.

Where can I find the global Smogon forum rules?

Also, how do you recommend that I get acquainted with using IRC?

Thanks!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you currently working on getting any particular badge on Smogon?

How happy were you with getting Global driver on PS? ^_^

How did you first meet Birkal and skylight?

What is a good, quick and semi-easy tip you would recommend to people striving to become a mentor?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
Are you currently working on getting any particular badge on Smogon?

How happy were you with getting Global driver on PS? ^_^

How did you first meet Birkal and skylight?

What is a good, quick and semi-easy tip you would recommend to people striving to become a mentor?
Oops I'm the worst x.x Forgot about this

Atm kinda sim mod. I got drivers the other week and it's been pretty fun. Sim mods are some of the coolest people I know so it would be great to be z part of the team imo.

P happy!!

Birkal I have known about for a while now, but skylight I met when I first came back in January of this year.

Be nice to everyone and make sure you know what you can help with, and don't be afraid to ask the experts for help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)