[AMA] GatoDelFuego

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ahahahahaha Gato what was your first impression of me? We didn't exactly get off on the right foot
I unfortunately probably thought you were a silly immature child that didn't know what he was talking about and got upset to me about it. When in reality, that was actually ME.

Glad things changed for the better! To think that we both sent each other angry pms about GRAMMAR...

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

I'm sort of 'new' here. But I decided to browse other parts of the forums and found the AMA's interesting! My first question is a little awkward, but, how do you feel about a male and female Skarmory being nicknamed "Northrop YA9" and "A-10 T. Bolt" respectively? (They're a Skarmory pair for my husband and I. Aircrafts, yay!)

My second question is, have you ever been able to stand inside of the front of a turbofan on any military cargo plane? (Off, of course) It's quite interesting in there! Even though it just looks like a huge blender to some.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

I'm sort of 'new' here. But I decided to browse other parts of the forums and found the AMA's interesting! My first question is a little awkward, but, how do you feel about a male and female Skarmory being nicknamed "Northrop YA9" and "A-10 T. Bolt" respectively? (They're a Skarmory pair for my husband and I. Aircrafts, yay!)

My second question is, have you ever been able to stand inside of the front of a turbofan on any military cargo plane? (Off, of course) It's quite interesting in there! Even though it just looks like a huge blender to some.
Hello and welcome! I'd personally call them F-22 and F-23 due to the fact skarmory IS a raptor (and the f-23 is my favorite aircraft, as many people here could probably tell you), but A-10=strong.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to visit many air bases and see stationary military aircraft, but I'll get to it someday n_n

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello and welcome! I'd personally call them F-22 and F-23 due to the fact skarmory IS a raptor (and the f-23 is my favorite aircraft, as many people here could probably tell you), but A-10=strong.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to visit many air bases and see stationary military aircraft, but I'll get to it someday n_n
I would've called them that, but, I built them to be tanks haha. Thanks for replying though and thank you for welcoming me.

Hey that is okay. I hope you get to see them some day. I personally used to work around Stewart Air (National) Guard Base around West Point, NY if that helps. I'm not sure of the clearance needed now, but, they used to let people in sometime to view the aircraft.

I can help with your spanish, want you? :)

How much difficult is to learn spanish for you? You consider it easy or difficult to learn?

GatoDelFuego

I can help with your spanish, want you? :)

How much difficult is to learn spanish for you? You consider it easy or difficult to learn?
De nada, amigo, no es una problema. En mi opinion, espanol es muy facil a apprender, possible el mas facil del todas idiomas en el mundo. No tengo mucho tiempo en la universidad para estudiar mas. Quierro apprender chino tambien, que es mejor para mi trabajo professional. No puedo apprender dos idiomas y mis otras clases tambien. Mi escuela no ensenar espanol muy bueno, y no tengo buen education del mucho vocabulario. Puedo hablar mas o menos con otras con mucho trabajo, pero no es muy facil.

I tried to use Google translate just a couple times for vocab, but otherwise I mostly said that on my own. Hope it makes sense n_n

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hi there ^_^ a few questions from me.
  1. How does one actually get involved with Grammar/Prose?
  2. What's an amcheck thingy and how do you do it/use it lol. Am I right if I say it means "amateur check?" I read about this somewhere. -_-
  3. Do you liek mudkipz?
That's it. Thank you very much. :D

GatoDelFuego

Hi there ^_^ a few questions from me.
  1. How does one actually get involved with Grammar/Prose?
  2. What's an amcheck thingy and how do you do it/use it lol. Am I right if I say it means "amateur check?" I read about this somewhere. -_-
  3. Do you liek mudkipz?
That's it. Thank you very much. :D
All that one has to do to get involved is start making amateur checks--which is exactly your second question. You've probably noticed the GP team making grammar checks on various analyses. Anyone can in fact post these corrections, which the author can look over and choose to implement if they feel it's correct (GP members also go over these and see how good they are). After a few "stamped" checks (being certified as "good" by the GP team members), it's a good idea to apply for the GP team. Our leaders will take a look at your work and see if you're good enough to start officially checking or if you need a bit more work. Talking with us on #grammar on IRC is a great way to ask any questions! It varies for everyone how quick they get on the GP team. It took me several months of work to get up to par, but some people (one of our current leaders, actually) got on with his first two posts on the forum.

Mudkip is probably one of my favorite starters, as swampert was my first pokemon to ever reach 100. Cyndaquil would be my favorite, though.

What is your favorite Pokemon generation? Your least favorite?

What's your favorite Pokemon side game out of these options?

Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, PBR.

6'3.5'', or just around 2 meters for all you using the non-american correct measuring method
Tsk tsk, 2m=About 6'7". 6'3.5=191.77cm

GatoDelFuego

What is your favorite Pokemon generation? Your least favorite?

What's your favorite Pokemon side game out of these options?

Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, PBR.

Tsk tsk, 2m=About 6'7". 6'3.5=191.77cm
Whoops, I thought a meter was slightly less than that...

My favorite generation...it's difficult to say. The only one I could rule out is gen 1, as it's a classic but really isn't my favorite. Same with gen 2--it really didn't make as big of an impact as other generations, though gold and silver are awesome. Gen 3 isn't probably in the running, either. It has to live with the shame of FR/LG, and hoenn is good but overrated. Gen 5 just feels a bit off for me when compared to the others, with competitive disappointment and linear games. Gen 6 is looking very bright, but gen 4....well, it's just about perfect. Fantastic main series games, and it also has the kickass remakes. I'd say gen 1 is my least favorite, but gen 5 ranks below gen 3 for me because it has a worse main series game than spinoff game--though BW2 are awesome and outmatch the horrors of FRLG.

I always remember loving stadium and stadium 2, but I never really owned them. Good times playing stadium with my friends though. I really...didn't like colosseum or XD, to be honest. When I played it, the dated battle mechanics and bad start really turned me off. I'd have to say PBR, and man, I love that game.

A meter is like 3'3.5"(it's 100cm and 1' is 30cm).

My favorite generation...it's difficult to say. The only one I could rule out is gen 1, as it's a classic but really isn't my favorite. Same with gen 2--it really didn't make as big of an impact as other generations, though gold and silver are awesome. Gen 3 isn't probably in the running, either. It has to live with the shame of FR/LG, and hoenn is good but overrated. Gen 5 just feels a bit off for me when compared to the others, with competitive disappointment and linear games. Gen 6 is looking very bright, but gen 4....well, it's just about perfect. Fantastic main series games, and it also has the kickass remakes. I'd say gen 1 is my least favorite, but gen 5 ranks below gen 3 for me because it has a worse main series game than spinoff game--though BW2 are awesome and outmatch the horrors of FRLG.
If you don't mind, can you explain why you don't like FRLG very much? I'm curious to hear why.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I always remember loving stadium and stadium 2, but I never really owned them. Good times playing stadium with my friends though. I really...didn't like colosseum or XD, to be honest. When I played it, the dated battle mechanics and bad start really turned me off. I'd have to say PBR, and man, I love that game.
do you know how bad of a person you are because of this post

hi how many gp checks do you have??

GatoDelFuego

If you don't mind, can you explain why you don't like FRLG very much? I'm curious to hear why.
Honestly, I don't think red and blue are good games or good storylines. They started a revolution, sure, but I just don't enjoy the pacing. Whereas RSE were a monumental leap in graphics, music, world design, and graphical interfaces, FRLG just seemed like it took a step back from what RSE started. I don't know why, but I DESPISE the soundfonts and music the entire game, which really puts a damper on it. Sloppily copying the world onto gen 3 sprites removes the nostalgia but keeps the dated game itself. The only bit I really like about FRLG is the added sevii islands bit. Where HGSS polished an already great main game, it feels like to me that FRLG copied the game to transitional mechanics only.

do you know how bad of a person you are because of this post

hi how many gp checks do you have??
I didn't realize people universally hated gen 4, think gen 1 is a good game (hint: it is not. It started the best franchise and revolutionized gaming, but it's not a good game. Think metroid 1 compared to super metroid, or half-life 1), and praise gen 3 for no reason ~_~

I had 100 when I got my contributor badge, which was a year ago. I believe I counted upwards of 300 at one point...as of now, I have 450 posts in "uploaded analyses". Of course that can't be ALL grammar checks, but I like to think it comes close!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)