AAA Almost Any Ability

Grim_Blazer

Banned deucer.
Since it's official that samples are open again (until home comes out, which with my luck is going to be 5 minutes after I post this) I am going to just leave a couple teams here.

:tatsugiri: :kilowattrel: :corviknight: :garchomp: :scream tail: :quaquaval:

This team has already been posted before and promptly ignored by the council, but Isaiah told me to remind everyone about it so here it is!

Now for the new sample team we have this beauty.

:talonflame: :corviknight: :dondozo: :garchomp: :iron moth: :sandy shocks:

This team is so good that it got my alt to 1533 relatively easily, I have the screenshot attached so I guess it is time to make a new alt account.

:talonflame: Isaiah has convinced me, this mon literally beats every team by itself with enough time. One attack talonflame can sound a bit meh to the uninitiated but I'm really not joking here when I say that it beats every mon, it even beats garg if it gets to click bulk up on the switch.

:corviknight: Corv is on a sample team, who would've expected it?

:dondozo: The obligitory water type that I put on all my teams to beat Chien, Weavile, and physical fires like Ceruledge and Cinderace.

:garchomp: This is a normal set but it keeps getting knocked off or tricked on the switch so I swapped fire blast out for spikes because it gets to click hazards when that happens now. My Corv matchup is a bit less good now but that's ok cause I have 3 mons that beat it sooooooooooooooooo.

:iron moth: Speaking of mons that beat Corv, the broken moth is on here because it's good and pairs well with everything.

:sandy shocks: This set is so heat, it beats all of the good grounds in the tier including treads, ting, and chomp, each of these can potentially cause a problem for iron moth with the right set. The best part about this set (until I make this post) is that even though it's been used in tours for a looooooong time, including a game in the recent money tour by ATHA, nobody knows about it for some reason.

Attachments

Last edited:
Since it's official that samples are open again (until home comes out, which with my luck is going to be 5 minutes after I post this) I am going to just leave a couple teams here.

:tatsugiri: :kilowattrel: :corviknight: :garchomp: :scream tail: :quaquaval:

This team has already been posted before and promptly ignored by the council, but Isaiah told me to remind everyone about it so here it is!

Now for the new sample team we have this beauty.

:talonflame: :corviknight: :dondozo: :garchomp: :iron moth: :sandy shocks:

This team is so good that it got my alt to 1533 relatively easily, I have the screenshot attached so I guess it is time to make a new alt account.

:talonflame: Isaiah has convinced me, this mon literally beats every team by itself with enough time. One attack talonflame can sound a bit meh to the uninitiated but I'm really not joking here when I say that it beats every mon, it even beats garg if it gets to click bulk up on the switch.

:corviknight: Corv is on a sample team, who would've expected it?

:dondozo: The obligitory water type that I put on all my teams to beat Chien, Weavile, and physical fires like Ceruledge and Cinderace.

:garchomp: This is a normal set but it keeps getting knocked off or tricked on the switch so I swapped fire blast out for spikes because it gets to click hazards when that happens now. My Corv matchup is a bit less good now but that's ok cause I have 3 mons that beat it sooooooooooooooooo.

:iron moth: Speaking of mons that beat Corv, the broken moth is on here because it's good and pairs well with everything.

:sandy shocks: This set is so heat, it beats all of the good grounds in the tier including treads, ting, and chomp, each of these can potentially cause a problem for iron moth with the right set. The best part about this set (until I make this post) is that even though it's been used in tours for a looooooong time, including a game in the recent money tour by ATHA, nobody knows about it for some reason.
The second team's Garchomp has a Assault Vest and the move spikes unless I'm missing something I think you may have made a mistake
Garchomp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Poison Jab
- Spikes
Other then that great teams will have some fun experimenting with them on ladder.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
The second team's Garchomp has a Assault Vest and the move spikes unless I'm missing something I think you may have made a mistake
Garchomp @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Poison Jab
- Spikes
Other then that great teams will have some fun experimenting with them on ladder.
"This is a normal set but it keeps getting knocked off or tricked on the switch so I swapped fire blast out for spikes because it gets to click hazards when that happens now. My Corv matchup is a bit less good now but that's ok cause I have 3 mons that beat it sooooooooooooooooo."
chomp's description states that spikes is specifically for when it gets tricked or knocked

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
The council is currently voting on these Pokemon's status for a post-home metagame:

1684444400163.png

We're currently discussing what to do about Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (since that's a tied vote), but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give you all a look into what's going on behind the scenes :P

If you have opinions on any of these (especially Watershifu), feel free to share them! Bringing up things not on this list is fine (don't get mad if counterarguments come swiftly, though).

Here's the list of stuff that's going to be on the initial banlist no matter what:

Arceus
Calyrex-Ice
Calyrex-Shadow
Dialga
Dialga-Origin
Eternatus
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Groudon
Hoopa-Unbound
Kyogre
Mewtwo
Palkia
Palkia-Origin
Rayquaza
Urshifu-Single-Strike
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The Box Legend nonsense and some of these starting on the list is fine - what's gonna be the deal with the non box stuff that we've already sent to the grave (from Tusk to Bax to Nite to etc.). Are y'all voting on those as well?

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I think Urshifu Rapid Strike should be allowed initially. It’s very likely that it will be busted with SD that can break a lot of things but I think due to sheer fact that a lot of teams already run Desolate Land Fires and certain pokemon like Skeledirge and Ceruledge completely wall it’s stabs along with Bulky Volcarona and Iron Moth also resisting CC (don’t run moth as a check though). Additionally a lot of Corviknights already run Rocky Helmet and watershifu doesn’t even 2HKO fluffy variants (252 Atk Life Orb Sniper Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Corviknight on a critical hit: 132-159 (33 - 39.8%) -- approx. 8.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery) unless it already has a SD, so i think it can be manageable even without running Desolate Fires.

After 3 gens of Magearna being stupidly broken, we still didn't learn the lesson? XD
Of this list, I'd like to see Zamazenta banned (I flavourfully dislike its presence in the metagame); And probably Magearna/Spectrier/Urshifus (especially the crit one) (since they got banned too the previous gens). But if we want to test all of them first, I'm not opposed, I'll just be wary.

Isaiah

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
The Box Legend nonsense and some of these starting on the list is fine - what's gonna be the deal with the non box stuff that we've already sent to the grave (from Tusk to Bax to Nite to etc.). Are y'all voting on those as well?
Nope :P we're not voting on any of those unless there is reason to (i.e. massive support for a re-suspect)

I think Urshifu Rapid Strike should be allowed initially. It’s very likely that it will be busted with SD that can break a lot of things but I think due to sheer fact that a lot of teams already run Desolate Land Fires and certain pokemon like Skeledirge and Ceruledge completely wall it’s stabs along with Bulky Volcarona and Iron Moth also resisting CC (don’t run moth as a check though). Additionally a lot of Corviknights already run Rocky Helmet and watershifu doesn’t even 2HKO fluffy variants (252 Atk Life Orb Sniper Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Corviknight on a critical hit: 132-159 (33 - 39.8%) -- approx. 8.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery) unless it already has a SD, so i think it can be manageable even without running Desolate Fires.
It learns Stone Edge, so all of those guys are dead. Also, to my knowledge Punching Glove ignores Fluffy, so gg on that end as well:
+2 252 Atk Punching Glove Sword of Ruin Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 387-459 (96.9 - 115%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

After 3 gens of Magearna being stupidly broken, we still didn't learn the lesson? XD
Of this list, I'd like to see Zamazenta banned (I flavourfully dislike its presence in the metagame); And probably Magearna/Spectrier/Urshifus (especially the crit one) (since they got banned too the previous gens). But if we want to test all of them first, I'm not opposed, I'll just be wary.
It'll be fiiiiiiiine. We can check it with uhhh
---
Just to be clear, Zamazenta is on the initial banlist. Zamazenta-Crowned is the one we're freeing, just like last gen (we'll see if Body Press makes a difference this time around).

Also:
1684446140505.png

We've won.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Nope :P we're not voting on any of those unless there is reason to (i.e. massive support for a re-suspect)
Well, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The metagame is about to be drastically different with the introduction of Home, and we're already going to be dealing with tiering the new metagame without having time to entertain potential re-suspects. It's not particularly fair to have a vote for the new mons (in the context of a new meta) either and not consider the old ones, unless the council just thinks every single one should stay banned and that's that. But a visible slate for all of those would solidify the decision to keep the banlist as is, as well as justify any potential re-suspect down the line in the case of a close vote.

I haven't even mentioned abilities yet, which I'm sure also have a few contenders for testing or what have you.

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
Well, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The metagame is about to be drastically different with the introduction of Home, and we're already going to be dealing with tiering the new metagame without having time to entertain potential re-suspects. It's not particularly fair to have a vote for the new mons (in the context of a new meta) either and not consider the old ones, unless the council just thinks every single one should stay banned and that's that. But a visible slate for all of those would solidify the decision to keep the banlist as is, as well as justify any potential re-suspect down the line in the case of a close vote.

I haven't even mentioned abilities yet, which I'm sure also have a few contenders for testing or what have you.
None of the old mons (Great Tusk, Gholdengo, Baxcalibur, etc.) even make it far enough in discussion to warrant a vote, so there's not much to entertain. The desire to test them back in is pretty non-existent at the moment. Also RE: abilities, there are no contenders for testing right now, unless you intend to make a case for one [or more] of them.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
With Home coming out soon I thought I'd share a set I think will become stupidly popular beyond the predicted set (regenerator) on Goodra-Hisui! I won a Home Tour with it and it is devilish to deal with.

Honestly I think this Pokemon will be insane in AAA, utterly ridiculous due to it having an amazing defensive typing and vast movepool, only thing it really lacks is reliable recovery and access to a pivot move.

Goodra-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPA / 4 SPD
Nature dependent on set
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam / Body Press / Earthquake / A billion other things
- Thunderbolt / Too many options
- Steel Beam
- Draco Meteor

Basically there isn't a reliable switchin to it, Steel Beam + Draco Meteor already grants it immense coverage but the inclusion of both physical and special options are great.

Another funny set I used in the tour was a Heatran set designed to abuse Garchomp.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Substitute

Basically, it is an unfazeable set with substitute and setups up Iron Defense's on trapped Garchomps, even if it breaks the sub, you just re-sub or KO.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
More Home sets (maybe)
Despite GF trolling us with a bait and switch due to the BH council paying them off, it's still coming soon (right...?) So I thought I'd drop some more theorycrafted sets for when it does actually release (surely?). (Images have sets linked)

1684542070128.png
Probably one of the more broken mons even with all the other stuff that comes out at the start. You could mess around with Specs/Scarf but really SFLO is more than enough power and you like to switch it up for cope defensive answers. STAB SFLO Moonblast is always, broken, while Focus Blast/Earth Power/Mystical Fire hits basically everything else that could resist it (Iron Treads, Tinkaton, Corviknight, Iron Moth, Clodsire, Toxapex). MGLO is also there if you want it to live longer I guess but SFLO's pure power is just irresistible. The few checks have to fish for coverage (EE Clodsire/EE Pex get slammed by Psychic) or are just really odd? (Specially defensive EE Skeledirge). Superpower allows it to slam Blissey/Chansey while Healing Wish can provide utility on particularly fast-paced offensive teams. Probably will get banned.

1684542221752.png
Probably less broken just because it's slow AF but maybe could still use SFLO/MGLO (with CM maybe?). For now I'll just put some Triage sets here since they lend themselves better to Enam due to its better bulk. A standard Hatterene (but better) set could be used or a more cheesy Iron Defense set (could even use Immunities?). Taunt could also be useful to shutdown Unaware mons which would otherwise check this set.

1684542033277.png
Probably broken as well. STAB Close Combat with 130 base attack and a good 120 base speed which means it isn't easy to out offense already lends it well when boosted by Sword of Ruin (or Tinted Lens if you really hate Pex?) that lets it smash through Corviknight with the slightest chip (+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sword of Ruin Sneasler Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 355-419 (88.9 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO / -1 252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Sneasler Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 183-216 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Oh you have Fluffy Corv? Shame if it had Fire Punch coverage. (I don't think Fluffy should be an excuse for anything tbh that ability is dumb as well and if it's needed then it's dumb). More importantly however, Dire Claw is a really dumb move that means any defensive answer that isn't a Steel type can get cheesed to death as people watch their (few) defensive answers get slept and lose the game.

1684543344592.png
Gholdengo 2: Electric Boogaloo. Banned previously in G8 AAA, Mag is obviously a very powerful mon mainly during to its monstrous versatility on both the offensive and defensive side. Shift Gear sweeping, Choice Specs Tinted Lens or Hadron Engine/MGLO breaking, Triage + CM, WBB/EE defensive sets that can setup with SP/SG/CM/Pain Split or just pivot around and set Spikes and RegenVest potential (or just Regen with Spikes and co). The potential is endless, like our Ghost type friend that got banned previously. Will it get banned this gen? Maybe, but it'll definitely be a fun mon to abuse and there's a few extra mons to help out against it so maybe if you just cope hard enough.

1684547539650.png
Broken, broken and broken. I don't like freeing it in the first place but... have fun abusing it while its free for the approximately 2 seconds before we ban Last Respects or it from the universe.

1684548594240.png
A big fat statball, kinda like Iron Hands but worse(?). It could genuinely use its vanilla ability Guts given Facade just complements it so well but bulky Regen sets or immunities could also work to abuse how goddamn thick it is to spiral into an unkillable wincon. Triage Belly Drum + DPunch is most likely what's going to be contentious on this mon. Losing STAB on DPunch sucks but it's far greater bulk than the likes of Hariyama could potentially make up for it, living a Focus Blast from SFLO Enamorus behind Screens even when under 75. (And no matter what, it can still fish for 6-0s given Belly Drum + Triage is stupid asf)

1684545412426.png
Very cool defensive mon and most likely will become a dominant RegenVest candidate (until people tech for it). While it isn't too prominent in terms of resists, it also lacks too many weaknesses and with its immense neutral bulk that's enough alone (maybe) (252 SpA Choice Specs Inteleon Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta in Heavy Rain: 160-189 (39.6 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO). It lost Knock but gets U-turn which is enough to enable RegenVest. (Also here's your MGLO Goodra switch-in, it can afford Physdef invest if it really needs as well). (Relic Song is filler)

1684546218677.png
Potentially cool mon, MGLO Head Smash + FBlitz can do some serious damage (Head Smash 2HKOs WBB Corv for reference) while Close Combat snipes WBB Steels like Iron Treads. Wisp can also annoy potential checks like Garchomp, Extreme Speed also could be used but meh, up to you.

1684546738054.png
Staple from back in Gen 8. Desoland sets will probably be less viable given all the Water-types are packing coverage for Iron Moth or Fighting-type coverage which means RIP defensive utility and lost stuff like Toxic but still could be decently cool on defensive sets (Yes I saw the Garchomp trapping set). Bulletproof was a cool thing last gen even if people didn't like it, it could probably do some cool stuff now like checking Magearna and even trolling the occasional Kilowattrel. MGLO seems like a potent breaker as well that will make Garganacl not exist but we'll see.

1684547068866.png1684549011940.png
Pretty good last gen but the 1AC will hurt its RegenScarf/Vest sets (with the increased competition over the slot) as well the cuts to its movepool like losing Knock/Defog. Still a Landorus and could abuse its old sets but we'll see I suppose. (On the plus side, Sandy Shock usage drops off a cliff) Also, since I'm lazy I'll put Lando-I here. Abuses its vanilla set but with Nasty Plot. Good enough to send it to Ubers for many generations plus a new deadly tool so maybe good enough for AAA? It wasn't great last generation but if you just believe....

1684547841827.png
Haha Steam Eruption go brrr. Specs Primordial Sea will make sure when it does get in, everything that isn't a RegenVest Roaring Moon is going to die and that's not entirely safe with its bulk and ability to burn and hit it with Focus Blast. A +Spe nature might be better to outspeed neutral Garchomp but shrug, you can live on Chomp EQ anyway, especially when you burn it. MGLO is also an option to make a joke out of Blissey and keep move versatility + extra longevity.

1684548079318.png
Probably not good but gosh darnit if people can use Glaceon in this meta and put it into B- I can sure as hell use a base 150 SpA Ghost type! A pain to get in and out outoffensed by like everything (although it's not that frail on the special side), but what it does exceed at is blowing shit up. Alolan Muk/Meloetta could be pains, but after a Knock and a +2 FBlast both are sent to the grave with slight chip (+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Hoopa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk-Alola: 387-456 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO)

1684548353119.png
THE RETURN OF THE KING (kinda). Losing Weather Ball does suck but it's nice to have some actual bulk compared to the extremely frail Kilowattrel many people are using. Still can pull off many of its old tricks regardless defensively and offensively, although without Weather Ball No Guard sets could see a bit more use if they really want to go all out offensively. (On the plus side, you'll never need to choose between Weather Ball/Hurricane/Thunder/Roost/Pivot ever again)

I'll leave it at here for now. Other viable mons probably include Zamazenta-C, Gapdos, Zarude, Electrode-Hisui, Mew, the Thundy's and Tornadus maybe? Moltres/G-Moltres, Goodra-H, Alolan-Muk, Glowbro, Glowking, Typholosion-Hisui just I'm too lazy to make sets for anything that I'm not that excited for lol. Particularly Zama-C will probably suck hard given it wasn't even that good last generation and now got even more nerfs (Body Press means nothing to me) and Mew lost all its reliable recovery so RIP (and RegenScarf is fake with 1AC)

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
heres a bunch of sets (most of which are known already, so just throwing em out there). do note that this is still just speculation, so take everything with as much salt as youd like.

:arcanine-hisui:
Arcanine-Hisui @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Stomping Tantrum / Close Combat
- Morning Sun / Stealth Rock / Extreme Speed

mglo hitter. 150/120 stab moves with good coverage means this cant be bad, though expect it to be mid d1 due to wbb mages of all stripes probably being all over the place.

:samurott-hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Sacred Sword / Swords Dance
- Knock Off

if this looks like what itd be run in ou youd be right. ceaseless edge is a nutty move and combined with sharpness puts a lot of pressure on the opponent. throw in knock off and 112.5 bp razor shell with a 50% chance to drop def and you get a mon thats difficult as hell to switch into. it also gets a nice movepool to troll certain counters, like drill run for moth, air slash for quaq, adapt/mglo hydropump for fluffy (4 SpA Adaptability Samurott-Hisui Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 180-214 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)(dont run this), taunt, etc etc etc. this mon is a threat thats irritating to deal with for the majority of teams and almost always get something done.

oh yeah, sd with these progress-making moves also seems a bit mean doesnt it.

:enamorus:
135 spa fairy, good spe, fire ground coverage, good boosting moves, actually gets moonblast? this kind of thing probably wont last long.

Enamorus (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire / Focus Blast
- Earth Power / Focus Blast
- Calm Mind / Focus Blast

we have learned from valiant that sflo moonblast + coverage is a real ass to deal with since were starved enough for fairy resists as it is. while valiant goes mixed quite powerfully we dont have furscales to deal with and while we get (immunity) steels enam gets the entire trifeca of ground/fire/fighting meaning none of them are really safe from it. enam can even go mixed and catch your pink blob/hoodra with a superpower.

Enamorus (F) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (do not run this spread im just too lazy to make a proper one)
Timid Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Earth Power / Mystical Fire / Focus Blast

faces competition from mage as well as its own turtle forme but its speed makes getting that first boost all the more easier. also many will probably expect most enam to be sflo which makes getting boosts even more easy. after the first boost enam becomes extremely hard to stop, though idt its as good as turtle's bulk and mage's bulk/typing

theres almost definitely more sets, like beads or choiced sets (hwish ftw) or even fucking agility. this mon is just offensively stacked like that.

:enamorus-therian:
Enamorus-Therian (F) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Earth Power / Mystical Fire / Focus Blast

see above, but with substantially more bulk and a bit more power, at the cost of speed and a bit of surprise factor (everyone knows this will run triage).

:raichu-alola:
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Rising Voltage
- Psyshock
- Surf / Grass Knot / Focus Blast

if the rumors are true and ss-native moves are returning raichu might actually be dangerous? still has the bulk of a wet tissue but hadron voltage is one hell of a drug. effectively mixed too! very sad against mons like hoodra tho.

:electrode-hisui:
Electrode-Hisui @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Electric
Timid / Modest Nature
- Chloroblast
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Leech Seed / Thunder Wave

mglo pivot with 150 spe, electric pivot that can more than touch grounds? power aint great but with a 150 bp stab move its not too bad and i think theres only so bad a mon with these qualities can be. leech seed in conjunction with an annoying-to-block vs can make this mon a pretty potent offensive pivot.

:goodra-hisui:
Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake / Dragon Tail
(movepool is super customizable this mon gets all kind of coverage)

extremely specially chonky tank that can also dish back hits in kind. checks offensive, mage, non-sp enam, zap/kilo, moth, volc, volc, pretty much every special water, etc etc etc. it can beat almost any special threat except the ones that are mixed/dumb non-fairy booster/se stab. typing is also pretty dynamite and its physical bulk aint even that bad. looks really good, though putting a mon with little utility or means to gain momentum can certainly be difficult for some teams.

:basculegion:
Basculegion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sword of Ruin / Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Last Respects
- Wave Crash / Last Respects
- Psychic Fangs / Last Respects
- Ice Fang / Last Respects

lmao. mon aint even half bad out of the last few turns of the game, and is pretty useful even with few to no mons down. when that time comes its even not that much of a fish as its powerful wave crash and actual attack stat lets it roll past everything with lr. get this away asap.

:meloetta:
Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Normal
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
(rip future sight)

p excited for this. bulky special tank and can pivot??? automatically cool in my book. had the ghosts been around this mon can just brick em and even then once the broken shit is gone melo is more than bulky enough to act as a blanket check for spattackers while also pivoting and hitting pretty nicely. typing doesnt actually help way too much tho, but itll manage, especially with that massive special bulk.

:hoopa:
Hoopa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Focus Blast

its a ghost! slow as shit but a fashionable scarf lets it outspeed everything under base 130 and 150 spa sballs even without a boosting item stings. im always a fan of trick and a fan of spammable strong moves. hoopas kinda middle-ish both powerwise and speedwise so i imagine that itd be awkward to fit but hey, were working with what we have (or what ut lets us have) here.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off / Ice Punch

like your gengar or your hizo except it is mild 150 spa. slow, so likely requires extensive team support, but it still get opportunities against mons like corv and bulky mage (twave less). once its in it seems very difficult for it to not take a kill or at least severely weaken your special wall. i pity any stall teams that has the misfortune of running into this guy.

:typhlosion-hisui:
Typhlosion-Hisui @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind

1. im sflo-pilled 2. ut banned all my ghosts.
im ngl i see potential in this set mostly because fire/ghost is just a godly offensive typing and focus+wisp really pisses off moon and chomper. 119 spa is bout average and 95 spe aint bad i suppose, though im probably just coping in multiple ways at this point. sorta reminiscent of sflo jug with two difficult-to-take stabs, rocks weak, and misses (except i dont) though unlike jug in its heyday there arent necessarily those three mons (ghold tusk corv) that are almost guarenteed to be on every team, often two or even three. it still hits hard vs corv mage tails etc, however even focus blast's damage against hoodra is downright sad (though it does usually 2hko after pebbles and burn (meaning like 40% after accuracy). no hope for meloetta/chomper tho).

Typhlosion-Hisui @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Infernal Parade
- Eruption
- Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind

skeledirge is a mon btw

:kleavor:
Kleavor @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin / Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

stabmons cpao-meta players knows how much pressure hazards with power can offer, and although samurott cranks that to the max kleavor takes advantage of stab axe along with stab uturn and knock access to become a potentially brutal offensive pivot. im more excited for speed slot kleav in gg but even here a fast and/or powerful stone axe is so easy to click and effortlessly makes progress even if you know theyre about to switch into their magearna. 135 atk stab uturn is 135 atk stab uturn, and knock is knock, and together this pokemon can be an incredible progress maker. band sets force oodles of damage on defoggers as it sets up rocks while scarf sets also does fine while doing what youd expect from a scarfed 135 atk mon with those moves. rocks weakness hurt like hell tho, probably better on more offensive teams which can use it to aggressively keep rocks up while using offensive pressure to stop theirs.

Kleavor @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

trades power/spe for the ability to constantly force damage and progress at the same time while being difficult to chip down. you just click your moves while slowly chipping down their resources and getting your breakers into more favorable positions against their corv. you can also run sd.

:magearna:
oh boy. ive mentioned on discord quite a bit (not that i need to) that mage can do pretty much anything. as such this list is almost certainly not exhaustive.
(ALL THE EV SPREADS ARE NOT ABSOLUTE this is true for all the sets but especially for mage. shift gear with its speed tier naturally gives it options for speed investment and...well its mage, it can do whatever the hell it wants)

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD (physdef is also more than valid)
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast / Ice Beam / Aura Sphere / Thunder Wave
- Fleur Cannon
- Spikes

god-tier typing + spikes + pivot that bullies corv + power. focus hits treads/tran while ice beam nails lando if thats still important. if corv would still be the premier defogger mage would be in heaven since corv would then eat a volt switch and be at like 70 against your iron moth or something. simple self-explanatory but probably very effective set

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast / Aura Sphere

fat, can pivot, fairy overheat and amazing coverage means its no weakling, all in a godly typing. again, simple, but if you want your mage to be a special tank, this makes it very good at it.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Well-Baked Body / Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch / Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Spikes / Focus Blast

another straightforward set. you can deal with most fires/grounds that dont hit you hard with your other weakness. pain split actually gives this mon longevity unlike gambit or treads, and of course steel/fairy is fucking godly for this role.

you can also run basic tablets/vessel/fluffy sets, im sure. its magearna, this thing has the tools to do whatever you need. someone run heart swap and tell me how it goes.

Magearna @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Well-Baked Body / Earth Eater / Triage
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power / Aura Sphere / Thunderbolt / Psyshock

and we start on the offensive sets. this set is a pain in the ass to take down and a pain in the ass to stop once it starts. idcm+immunity means theres very little room to actually hit it hard enough once it gets going, and the mon's stats and typing gets it opportunities to get going easy. triage on the other hand does exactly what you expect. giving a 130 spa triage fairy 80/115/115 bulk and a secondary steel typing just feels like cheating. and fucking iron defense. god what were they thinking.

Magearna @ Weakness Policy / Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens / Well-Baked Body / Earth Eater
EVs: some HP / 252 SpA / some Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss / Fleur Cannon
- Stored Power / Aura Sphere / Thunderbolt / Psyshock

i remember last gen in ou when i was building a team my single biggest fear was getting cleaned by sgcm kisspower magearna. this set can become completely unstoppable very, very easily. immunities gets it more opportunities to boost (imagine triggering wbb against this lmao) while lens just says fuck you to everything. its a magearna, its tough to ohko, and when it gets a sg+cm+wp you are actually just done. not triggering wp means youre not hitting it as hard as possible meaning it just keeps boosting and rolls you all the same. nothing is taking a lens stored power with enough boosts without getting farmed by kiss.

oh yeah, behind screens this mon just wins. what are you gonna do about it? hit it?

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens / Hadron Engine / Beads of Ruin
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Psyshock

not broken like the setup sets but god, if there is a mon that shakes a fairy-resist-lacking tier to the core, its this thing.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 396-468 (99.2 - 117.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Magearna Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Meloetta: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (yes its this strong)

basically, if your regenerator isnt a bulky vest, and if youre not packing blissey, this set literally goes in. checks can easily get juggled by volt switch or crippled by trick, and it really does not take much for them to get hammered by fleur cannon.

Magearna @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Steel Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

does about what youd expect. mglo steel beam hits extremely hard as ghold have shown us and this set can prove to be a deadly cleaner. lacks a way to boost power but a 140 bp lo-boosted stab move should easily clean up offense.

this mon has base 95 atk btw (Magearna) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Facade
- Shift Gear
- Psyshock / Focus Blast
- Pain Split / Focus Blast

this was theorymonned on discord while im typing this post and hilariously seems to work pretty well. 140 bp fairy stab + shift gear is both completely legit and difficult to deal with. pain split + flame orb is just plain evil or you can eschew that to hit both heatran/treads and moth.

that last set...really shows that mage can do literally everything. pivot, hazard setter, any sort of tank, immunity, bulky special sweeper, fast special sweeper, wallbreaker, cleaner, setup control (prank hear swap lol), fucking physical sweeper. like genuinely what is going on with this mon, ban it asap.

:muk-alola:
Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Poison
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Poison Fang

neat special tank that has access to knock off and pfang to seriously irritate foes. has moon's special bulk and dark/poison is of course beyond amazing. magearna uses this as setup fodder tho so watch out.

:sneasler:
Sneasler @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Sword of Ruin / Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

i will kill you and if i cant kill you i will hax you

Sneasler @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

i will hax you and if i cant hax you i will kill you

:spectrier:
ghost!!! almost certainly broken tho.

Spectrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin / Sheer Force
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Dark Pulse
- Draining Kiss

horse is back and this time its got actual coverage! needless to say 145/130 offensive stats on a ghost is bound to be amazing in a metagame that constantly has trouble with ghosts, and now that it can actually hit dark types there is just no way it will be okay. straightforward but deadly set.

Spectrier @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp / Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball

why does this actually look legit.
if it could run 5 moves itd be broken but as it is it seems somewhat fishy but still pretty strong. fluffy+willo+kiss just lets you setup on darks which doesnt seem fun or fair eh?

Spectrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- Dark Pulse

so uhh...pixilate horse now gets to work with terablast now entirely free of charge. fantastic. now that kiss is a thing im not sure exactly how well this set would stack up but probably do not discount it lmao.

nvm its pre-banned lol

:ursaluna:
Ursaluna @ Sitrus Berry
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Headlong Rush / Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / this mon gets the entire type chart's worth of coverage wtf

look at the set this way: you come in, drum up, and easily annihilate the hapless wall in front of you. but then, oh no, meowscarada comes in! this proves that belly drum is shit and you should just use sd to break, right? drain punch in your face. basically, this is a completely nuclear breaker that is also extremely difficult to revenge kill despite the drum and the 50 base speed. 140 base atk totally lets it make drain punch work.

+6 252+ Atk Ursaluna Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sneasler: 286-337 (95 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

sd+lo is also of course an option.

Ursaluna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD (or physdef, or offensive, or whatever)
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up
- Earthquake / Headlong Rush
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Body Slam

extremely fat, 140 atk, has sd. reminds you or iron hands no? its the same on principle - use your obscene bulk to eat hits and set up easily, and then abuse your massive (even uninvested) attack stat to wreck shit. typing is excellent too, letting it tank well (ghost immunity, electric immunity, sr resist) and hit stupidly hard too (140 atk boosted ground move + all the coverage in the world makes it very difficult to switch into).

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Headlong Rush / Earthquake
- Drain Punch / coverage

ou set but who can say no to 140 atk guts facade lmao. this is another one of those breakers thats slow and lacks longevity but steamrolls any wall stupid enough to try to take its hits. and although its on a timer drain punch lets it heal against passive foes and 130/105/80 bulk can probably let it trade reliably against more offensive mons.

rapid fire:
:zapdos: him. rumors are it might be getting weather ball back but even if it isnt it aint the end of the world for this guy. anyone that played g8 ou knows how good zap is and how much defensive utility it offers, not to mention the offensive pressure it exerts and the amount of time it haxes you.
:zapdos-galar: bird whos biggest weakness was you cant run the other zapdos on the same team. after sneasler makes it exit gapdos will probably go back to terrorizing the tier again.
:volcanion: once the meta settles down volc looks like it will come back strong. annoyed by dragons but ultrascald's burn rate annoys them right back and mglo flare blitz is something hoodra would much rather not take. choiced sets and sflo would probably be decent-good too. volc is strong.
:heatran: read: boc's post i guess. turns out he made his post while i slept. being one of the best mage answers (ehhhhh kinda) alone makes it worthwhile tho.
:lilligant-hisui: vdance is great. mon aint the best but might work? cc/leaf/ice spinner is stonewalled by moth but otherwise seems kinda dangerous.
:azelf::mew: rip
:zarude: band sor is back in business (tc band same thing) and if it indeed gets glide back gsurge works too despite the nerf. powerful priority is both rare and valued in this surely heavily offensive meta. get mage out first tho.
:landorus::landorus-therian: movepool nerfed hard and regen competition is absolutely intense but might still carve out a niche for themselves? give us back gliscor. please give us back gliscor. we need him.
:barraskeweda: if flipturn, fish back. if no flipturn, sucks to suck.
:garchomp: may get scale shot back. just putting this out there.

my potential banlist/watchlist:

ban:
basculegion/lr
mage
sneasler
ursaluna
enam
spectrier

watch:
samurott-h
enam-t

again, note that all this is still just speculation. lets hope home is actually real, and remember to put a mage on every team. cya.

Last edited:

LatiasDigs

formerly digitalson
as anyone whos seen my rambling on the discord would know, ive been thinking about triage ursaluna a lot

Ursaluna @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 18 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

this set has other options to swap around depending on meta and team but this is what I feel would be the "base" set, with coverage and spreads focusing on dealing with the more common ways one may deal with this

-bdrum is simply the main point of the set, with life orb to boost damage, both desires because lack of stab and sustainable with ursaluna's huge bulk, perhaps black belt could be an option to actually be able to heal to 100 and not just 90 but i feel like wed have to wait for home to actually release to see
-the slow ivs are to underspeed corv, this enables killing fluffy and unaware corv with eq when corv eventually roosts
-Heavy slam allows it to kill unaware fairies, big bear do big damage to screaming balloon
-full defense ivs gives it the best chance to not get ohkod by ceruledge and dazzling physical attackers (i dont know of any special attackers that really use dazzling much, but the of ghost special attackers i calced against (hoopa and mismag) investing in spdef didnt help enough to warrant investment

calcs:
+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Ursaluna Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Scream Tail: 286-338 (65.8 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Ursaluna Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware (pure steel from roost) Corviknight: 346-408 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Chien-Pao Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Ursaluna: 330-390 (82.2 - 97.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (assumes ursaluna at 90%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Ceruledge Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Ursaluna: 320-378 (79.8 - 94.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (assumes 90% ursaluna)

prominent counters to this version of the set that im aware of: ee skeledirge, fluffy gyarados, non immune will o wisp users that outspeed can burn it but end up saccing themselves, dazzling meowscarada is prob the best dazzling user for dealing with ursaluna due to its massive SE damage, even more than psysurge armarouge, polteageist can set up on ursaluna due to its immunity and kill with stored power/giga drain, enamorous can survive drain punch and kill with focus blast/grass knot

set alternatives: you can invest in speed to outspeed dirge and kill both it and fluffy gyarados with rock slide (which dirge cant block with EE), but this has a huge cost to bulk and requires ditching heavy slam or eq, thus should probably only be considered if these counters become prominent in the meta

Eratta: i have realized that fluffy/unaware corv can beat ursaluna if they run setup, thus perhaps underspeeding is less useful as youd be outsped by enam t which may be able to kill depending on coverage

Last edited:

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
Since Home is fake after all, here's the newest wave of sample teams :P

:Ting-Lu::Quaquaval::Corviknight::Toxapex::Ceruledge::Meowscarada: - Desolate Land Ceruledge Balance by cumps
:Talonflame::Corviknight::Dondozo::Garchomp::Iron Moth::Sandy Shocks: - MGLO Talonflame + IronPress Earth Eater Sandy Shocks by Grim_Blazer
:Corviknight::Slither Wing::Iron Moth::Roaring Moon::Quaquaval::Hydreigon: - MGLO Slither Wing Bulky Offense by LordBox
:Ceruledge::Cinderace::Garchomp::Hydreigon::Quaquaval::Spidops: - Sticky Web Offense by Atha
Thanks to everyone that submitted, and keep in mind that submissions are always open. If you have a team you think is good + relatively friendly to anyone new to AAA, post it with a brief description :]

First sample submission so wish me luck.

:gardevoir: :iron jugulis: :roaring moon: :corviknight: :scream tail: :iron moth:

Prediction reliant team that attempts to break walls with gardevoir and iron jugulis.

Gardevoir: Special nuke that can knock out pretty much anything that isn't blissey or sand stream garganacl.
Iron Jugulis: Helps check desolate land users as well as weakens the opposing team with powerful hurricanes and knock off.
Roaring Moon: Blanket special check that also can revenge kill, with stone edge it can beat the faster fire types like talonflame and cinderace.
Corviknight: Defogger/Pivoter, with covert cloak it can force out non setup garganacl.
Scream Tail: Helps stop a lot of setup users from winning and crucially checks pawmot.
Iron Moth: Helps support roaring moon in beating primordial sea users and with acid spray beats generic unaware scream tail.

What the team struggles with:

Fire types: This team struggles with fire types like cinderace, ceruledge, and iron moth as they can carry coverage to beat our fire type checks.

Garganacl with setup: As our only reliable swap to garganacl is corviknight, it is easily setup on and we can only use iron jugulis to knock it out.

Corrosion users: Our team lacks any way to absorb toxic from the likes of toxapex and glimmora.

https://pokepast.es/a7bee68ba598aa9b

A bulky offense team with sflo Iron Moth and BoR Glaceon.

Glaceon is an obscenely powerful wallbreaker that is bulky enough to emergency check certain threats
Slither wing is the team's primary revenge killer and can do big damage with tinted lens CC
Corviknight does defog duties while serving as a check to offensive fires
Ting-lu is a bulky hazard setter and regen tank that can phaze mons trying to setup on it
Iron moth does iron moth things, destroying slower offensive pokes and denting walls hard
Hatterene is the team's main wincon as well as backup revenge killer with triage dkiss

This team mainly struggles against teams with offensive waters like gyarados and quack.

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
Hi :] we voted on Basculegion too
1684811027361.png

With this, the male and female versions of Basculegion will be banned once Home comes. Including Houndstone, this would mean all the relevant fully evolved Last Respects Pokemon are banned primarily because of the move.

After a follow-up vote:
1684852307020.png

Last Respects will be banned from post-Home AAA, and Houndstone, Basculegion-Male, and Basculegion-Female will all be unbanned!

As for why this is the case, Last Respects is not problematic just because it is (effectively) a high base power move. The effect it has on battles where it's present is pretty much always unhealthy (particularly Supreme Overlord + Last Respects), because players are punished for doing something as basic and natural as KOing foes. This aspect of the move leans into uncompetitive territory, as the relevance of battling skill was virtually tossed out against Last Respects builds; many well-played standard teams lose simply because of last mon Last Respects, and no amount of battling skill can let you realistically win a battle without scoring KOs (timer wincon, I guess...?). As a result, counterplay focuses too much on bringing the "right" team matchup (unideal things like running physically defensive Ting-Lu and using Blissey more often), which in the case of something like Wave Crash Basculegion, just gets pounded into powder regardless. Thus, it was deemed valid to ban the move instead of the individual users.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/9007784835584982

women balance gets me to low 1600's

LEAD WITH ME :heart::heart::heart: (or Ariana if u must)

sharpness on chien is for increased dmg on night slash & sacred sword, can be changed to sor/anything else
toxic debris rhelmet palo is a great corv counter + slither swap-in + pawmot swap-in + it has a great typing (can live a fiery dance from spdef desomoth and can ohko back with ep)
184 jolly on moon may be redundant but its still useful vs offensive moth, specs sandy, and cc luc
air slash on urs truly is for the (oddly) omnipresent chesnaut, can be replaced with hydro miss

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://pokepast.es/9007784835584982

women balance gets me to low 1600's

LEAD WITH ME :heart::heart::heart: (or Ariana if u must)

sharpness on chien is for increased dmg on night slash & sacred sword, can be changed to sor/anything else
toxic debris rhelmet palo is a great corv counter + slither swap-in + pawmot swap-in + it has a great typing (can live a fiery dance from spdef desomoth and can ohko back with ep)
184 jolly on moon may be redundant but its still useful vs offensive moth, specs sandy, and cc luc
air slash on urs truly is for the (oddly) omnipresent chesnaut, can be replaced with hydro miss
Just curious, what's your plan for Hatterene? (and also why Sharpness over Sword of Ruin)

Just curious, what's your plan for Hatterene? (and also why Sharpness over Sword of Ruin)
beyonce, pretty much (rihanna sometimes required), also idk, i always thought it did more damage in practice than on paper, however...
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 115-136 (28.8 - 34%) -- 2.2% chance to 3HKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sharpness Chien-Pao Night Slash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 114-135 (28.5 - 33.8%) -- 0.6% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 160-190 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sharpness Chien-Pao Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 160-189 (31.7 - 37.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scream Tail: 190-225 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sharpness Chien-Pao Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scream Tail: 177-208 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

edit: some benefits are:
- it keeps the opponent guessing by revealing itself upon swap-in
- crits ever so slightly more often

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)