Proposal Allow Trades Involving Cheap Players Within a Strict, Affixed Criteria

While I don't disagree with the rationale behind abolishing trades last year, I always felt the decision was extreme. To me there were two big issues with trades before they were axed:
  1. The hosts had to make subjective decisions vetting trades without a criteria
  2. Trades had no restrictions on price nor # of players that could be included in one trade
My proposal is to allow all trades with the following restrictions:
  1. A trade can only include one player
  2. A player included in a trade's price cannot exceed four digits (<10k)
  3. The players/items included in a trade cannot have a price differential of more than 3k
If you're spending 10k or more on a player, it means they're an integral part of your draft plan. You should not be able to trade expensive players once you've drafted them, and if it doesn't work out then that's on you. You shouldn't be able to trade retains either, which is why I like the <10k limit. Trades including > 1 player often end up unfavorable for one side. The price differential restriction prevents unbalanced trades.

So what's the gain for allowing trades in the first place if you have to place these restrictions on them? You allow low-scale trades around midseason. These have often been hugely positive for all parties involved. This is an example from my experience. For most teams, not every pick works out. Things didn't work out between steelskitty and the bigs, so this small trade allowed steelskitty to join a team that they meshed better with and allowed us to pick a new player from the mids pool. I'm sure a lot of benefit with no cost can come from allowing trades under a strict criteria through which hosts do not have to make "subjective" vetoes.

I'd like this thread to not devolve into a mess of terrible proposals for trade restrictions, but more so be aimed at adjusting mine if necessary. If you think trades should stay fully axed, that's fine too. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)