All Official B101 Pairing Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to: cy

Username: doodler or fnnnjd
PS! Username: fnnnjd
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually like 11am-11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing all the way back in late XY, was pretty bad, got better, was alright if I do say so myself in late ORAS and most of SM format, juggled a bunch of tiers, had pretty good ladder rankings for SM OU, SM Ubers, then slowly played less and less through USUM and quit in early SS. Looking to get back into the game and mono seemed fun but I'm not too great at it. :)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Assigned to: avarice

Username: cy
PS! Username: sashh
Your timezone: gmt -7
Usual Hours of Availability: pretty sporadic, usually in -7 noon to night unless i randomly have plans
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing smogon in 2020, was pretty bad and i played a lot since, been playing a lot of mono and have been managing team tours there. would like to learn a tier outside of mono and pu has been a place of interest for a while. mainly just looking to get better in builder.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to: Zen

Username: cardinal silver
PS! Username: cardinal silver
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Noon to 11PM pretty much every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing with SM, then went on and off for a year or so. After I came back, I continued playing SM as well as SS. I have some experience in ADV, and I enjoy using teams that feature offpicks.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Whammerist
PS! Username: Whammerist
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Over the summer, almost whenever, from noon to midnight / 2AM most weekdays. Also gonna be missing a big chunk of July.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I've been on Showdown since 2014 when I was a tiny kid, always able to put up a decent fight in any tier but not actually being good at any of them. Probably have had over 1,000 battles. When I was playing a whole bunch, I did a fair few 1v1 tours and OM tournaments, was 1v1 Room Voice for a while... for the past year or two, I've mostly played draft leagues with friends, where I pretty much always make playoffs with a winning record against both other Smogon and non-Smogon dorks.
That is to say, I definitely can beat anyone who isn't actually good, but I struggle against people who... are. And so, I hope that maining a new tier with a tutor who I enjoy hanging out with and can motivate me, will get me to really under and master a metagame to where I can ladder to the top and enjoy high level Smogon battling!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I'm @ wham#0005, I love calling people to hang out but obviously text works fine... I'm pretty charismatic and chill all around!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep -- I realize this isn't VGC, I will be active to the best of my ability, and I will respect the time of whoever is tutoring me!

Assigned to roxiee

Username: 85percent
PS! Username: 85percent
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 9pm - 1am best, but flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started playing competitively mid 2018, mostly in lower tiers, especially ZU. Then moved to NFE when SS came out and kinda stopped playing and just focused on building, outside of the occasional (team-)tour game here and there. Now I'm pretty happy with my building and wanna work on my play. (I signed up for tutoring before, but it was cut short because the tutor was no longer available - hope that isn't a problem)
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep

Assigned to Ashbala

Username:MiNi Charizard-x
PS! Username:MiNi Charizard X
Your timezone: +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: 1430 to 1600hrs + 1800 to 2200hrs my weekdays and 1200hrs to 1600hrs + 1800hrs to 2200hrs +5.5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing showdown casually in pandemic and returned after a break in jan 2021 and from then I have spent a lot of time there,I main 1v1 rn and I find monotype as a cool format but often struggle to build good and make the best decisions in various matchups.
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes [MiNi Charizard-X#6690]
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes!
[Requesting Ashbala99 as a tutor as he agreed to it :)]

Assigned to Aqua Jet

Username: Goro Yagami
PS! Username: Goro Yagami
Your timezone: GMT-5 (U.S Central)
Usual Hours of Availability:
2-6pm all weekdays, 8pm-12 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons for a couple of years, although I've only really started to get more into comp this past year. For SS UU specifically, I've only started it playing it at the end of April, and I've enjoyed it so far! I would like to explore the format a little further, and see what else I can learn.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Goro_Yagami#3491

SilverNote3

formerly the chosen nerd
Assigned to Sulo

Username: SilverNote3
PS! Username: SilverNote3
Your timezone: Central Time, GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm to 10pm in my time zone
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played quite a bit in the USUM era, never got past 1400. Came back and tried OU, too copy paste of a meta for me. Came to UU, found it much more varied and enjoyable. Got to 1500 with Hyper Offense unga bunga, but dropped to the low 1000's afterwards. Have bounced between 1100 and 1400 ever since. I am convinced this is a skill issue and not necessarily a teambuilding issue.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, SilverNote#1934

Assigned to sasha

Username:Trouser Snakes
PS! Username:coo1313
Your timezone:gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: My schedule changes weekly but most of the time have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am - 3pm free.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I made it to winners finals in the latest Monotype Gens. I played in the latest edition of MPL but went 0-4. I feel like all my games were winnable but I made a crucial mistake towards the end. So I would like help learning how to close out games.
Are you able to use Discord?:Coo1313#0188
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to justdrew

justdrew has agreed to tutor me
Username: jay
PS! Username: scald
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 10 AM - 4 PM then 9 PM - 12 AM weekdays, 3 PM - 12 AM weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played on and off since 2014 and have never really been able to find a particular tier that I liked and get good at it. Normally I would default to OU but after trying UU this generation I really have enjoyed it so far. I am looking for help with learning and understanding the ever-changing metagame, teambuilding and cleaning up my rushed and or sometimes sloppy play.

NDK

Perpetually Tired
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to justdrew

Username: NoahDeKnight
PS! Username: NoahDeKnight
Your timezone: GMT -4 (EDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: After 4:30 PM most days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first created my smogon account in 2018, after watching some False Swipe Gaming videos. Fast forward to 2021, and I got back into competitive Pokémon. I joined the UU and NU discords because they were the 2 smogon discords that were public. I noticed that the UU discord had a lot more activity so I mained UU. However I am not the best at UU so that is why I want to be tutored.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Noah_#6942

Assigned to Siatam for GSC OU

Username: Estuardo19
PS! Username: Estuardo19
Your timezone: Gmt-6
Generation: GSC
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after my afternoons, weekends i dont have an specific availability, but most free between 11am-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, im still pretty new here, i star to play on smogon a bit more than a year ago, i play some tours like ssnls/cups doing decent runs on it, i recently take tutories of bw and im looking to learn more about gsc, wich is a tier what i found interesting and fun to play. I play gsc on some side tours and discord pl's so, i mean i know the basic things of the tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: Ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Assigned to RealJester for GSC OU

Username: marsandback
PS! Username: =
Your timezone: gmt +1
Generation: GSC OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I can do maybe an hour on most days in the evenings.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played BW2 OU extensively. I wanted to branch out to other tiers. GSC is known for long term planning which would benefit my game greatly. I would like to learn this gen and its fundamentals.

paolode99

Dammi what I want
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Assigned to AtraX Madara

Username: paolode99
PS! Username: paolode99
Your timezone: gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability: in weekdays after 7 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): predominantly monotype is my most played tier, so I would like to learn how to use all types better and improve my play style
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Yellow Paint

Username: Crunchman
PS! Username: Crunchman
Your timezone: EDT (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 9pm-12am approx, weekends all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Doubles OU for about 18 months now, and ladder Random Battles a lot. I previously went through the Battling 101 program, which might make me ineligible, but my tutor got permabanned so I kind of don't have that teacher-student connection. I also feel like I've been struggling with building, which makes sense since I enjoy playing the game more than teambuilding, but I would still like to bring my compositions to the next level. I've pretty much never built something by myself that I was satisfied with, and it just feels like all of my builds are lacking that cohesion/something to really change it from a good six to a good team. Practically every team in my builder that I consider good or am comfortable with was built mostly by someone else.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Crunchman#2686)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I previously dropped a VGC tutoring after only a small number of sessions because my timezone made it difficult to schedule with my tutor and I slowly lost motivation. I hope this isn't an issue but will understand if it is.

Assigned to IoSonoNeon

Username: Flatemo
PS! Username: Holy Flatemo
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability:
I'm available from 2 PM-4 PM GMT+2. I can also play at an earlier time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in the middle of 2020. I mainly play Ubers but I'm still not that good of a player. I mainly play in Ubers tours, non official team tours, and sometimes room tours.

Assigned to Eledyr

Username: realaccountami?
PS! Username: realaccountami?
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays afternoons (usually 4-9pm), but i can try to make weekends work
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): so i started with vgc, then learnt the basics of randbats cuz my friends wanted to play. nowadays i mainly play 1v1s cuz i think its cool but in terms of 6v6 my most comfortable tier is (gen 8) lc. i got interested in ubers one day when my friend wanted to play ubers and i thought hey, these monsters look pretty kool. it might be a bit late but like the more i played ladder the more interested i got in the tier.

Assigned to IoSonoNeon

Username: LocalTany
PS! Username: LocalTany
Your timezone: CET
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends, 9:00-10:30 on Mondays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): no experience at all, I used to love pokemon growing up but around 2013 I stopped caring about it. Recently I'm experiencing a wave of nostalgia and I wanted to try something pokemon-related that is a bit more interesting
yes

Assigned to BIG loven for DPP OU

Returned: 03/31/2023

Username: For 4LOM
PS! Username: For 4LOM
Your timezone: GMT -4
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:00PM - 11:00PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for 2 years now. My go to tier is BW OU, but I also play ADV OU and DPP Ubers frequently. Recently, I've been laddering DPP OU and have found it entertaining. I would like to take the tier more seriously and potentially join an DPP tournament when I feel more confident.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, For 4LOM#2055
Yes

Assigned to Monai

Username
: SwordIsBored
PS! Username: SwordIsBored
Your timezone: GMT + 1
Generation: BW OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Most times unless school!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokémon competitively since 2019 now and I've always found more of an appreciation for old generations, due to BW being probably my favourite Pokemon game I decided to pick it up. Despite what people say, I enjoy the metagame and want to get better. I'd like to say I'm aware of the metagame.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Assigned to SuperEpicAmpharos for ADV OU

Username: kenny
PS! Username: kenny
Generation: ADV, BW, RBY, GSC (In order of my experience, not preference)
Usual Hours of Availability: I work overnights so I can arrange for any time morning, afternoon, or evening. Late night works as well on my off days so I can be flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I've been a community member of smogon and showdown for over 10 yrs now, not ever going deep into battling. After a multi-year hiatus I've come back to smogon and have slowly built up my knowledge of the classic gens OU in the last year (approx 50 games of RBY and GSC, 100 of BW, and 200 of ADV in the last 6 months, among games in other gens like DPP and CG.) I've found myself hitting a plateau when it comes to larger concepts such as how to gauge match ups, executing a gameplan over the course of a game, and the teambuilding in general (i usually have my teams passed to me.) I find myself better than the lower ladder but don't know what to do to bring it to the next level. I talked to a current tutor about these issues and if they'd recommend B101 to a player like me, and they had said it'd be a great idea. I'd like a tutor to help me work on these concepts that will hopefully make me better player in the gen of their specialty and fundamentally so that skill could transfer to other formats. My ultimate goal is to participate in as many tournaments as possible and eventually be good enough to perform well in and be drafted for the major tournaments on smogon. Thanks for reading and your consideration.

caveat: 6 or 7 years ago i bailed on a tutoring match up with quizel. it was dumb on my end to waste that opportunity and i have since apologized, no hard feelings from quizel i just thought it was worth being transparent. im not the same person and i would not bail now

Are you able to use Discord?: snake snake snake snake#1230

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Paired with AndViet

Username: Takatk
PS! Username: Takatk
Generation: DPP OU or ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon and evenings, can usually do nights too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Starting playing ORAS when it came out but quit soon after. Just got back into PS last year during Calyrex-S suspect, and have played a lot of SS UU, SS OU and Ubers, and SV OU. I want to be able to pick up other tiers like DPP OU which are incredibly different from what I’m used to, so that I can become a better player and participate in DPP tours in the future. I also am interesting in getting into ORAS OU, which I have limited experience from when I was younger.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Taka#4160

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Assigned to AndViet

Username: 1LDK
PS! Username: 1LDK
Your timezone: GTM -4
Generation: SS
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon and night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): So played a bit around at the start of the gen up the the end of IoA, took a break and came back at the end of SS during the melmetal suspect, and currently been playing in SV since day 1

Bonus: Andviet talked to me and wanted to take me as a tutee, and I accepted his offer

earl gr3y

RoAPL Champion
Assigned to Jhonx~ for ADV OU

Username: earl gr3y
PS! Username: earl gr3y
Your timezone: GMT+0
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm onwards any day, any time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitively for a few years now but have never fully got into showdown until recently. A lot of my friends have motivated me to get into it, been playing ADV & ORAS for a while on ladder alongside practicing with friends (who are a lot better than me) as well as reading a lot of the sources on the forums. I feel I could really benefit from a tutor.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, earl gr3y#2035

Assigned to 3d

Username
: brokenmotor
PS! Username: brokenmotor
Your timezone: GMT-8
Generation: USUM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends, schedule still up in the air because starting a new semester at college, will edit this message when i know more, but should have some free time every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i am a lowly ladder spammer, played thousands of games of gen8ou and now gen9ou. however, i want to take my game to the next level. sm ou a) seems like a really fun tier b) seems like a good metagame to learn more general mindsets, skillsets, etc applicable to all generations and c) i want to learn the tier before smogtours start so that's why a mentor would help greatly. looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)