All Official B101 Pairing Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Record for all official B101 Pairings

- The purpose of this thread is to house all paired posts to declutter our metagame sign-up threads. It will include posts for both on-going and completed pairings.
- Pairings that have been dropped will also reside here unless:
* The pairing never got off the ground, meaning no more than 1 hour was spent together, and
* It was out of the Tutee's control for the reason why the pairing was dropped. I.e. schedules conflicted, Tutor had to drop the pairing, etc..

If a post is in this thread but it shouldn't be, contact a B101 moderator to have the post be dealt with appropriately.

For recent pairings, please give the B101 staff (at most) a week to move the post to this thread before poking us with a reminder. We will try our best to remember to do it after each pairing wave but some may unintentionally slip through the cracks. Contact a B101 moderator if a post needs to be addressed.

When contacting a B101 moderator, please DM us on Discord (preferred) or in a Smogon Conversation. You can find us in the B101 Discord if you are having troubles locating us.

Assigned to: Jordy

Username: PhantomHurious
PO/PS! Username: PhantomHurious
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: fairly busy on weekdays but weekends are fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing around xy but only started playing competitively in sm, i really like the ss ou metagame rn. i also played a fair amount of ou in sm as well. im fine with building but am looking to get better at desicion-making ingame
Are you able to use either Discord?: ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Raining Inside

Banned deucer.
Assigned to: GaryTheGengar for ADV OU

Username: Raining Inside
PO/PS! Username: Raining Inside
Your timezone: Gmt +1
Generation: ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: P much 24/7 except school hrs
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing about a year and a half ago maining SM, and came across ADV during adv ssnl. In the last 6 months I have been falling in love with the tier more and more the more I learn about it. Would like to get better at the tier obviously.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup

Last edited by a moderator:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to: Diophantine for SM OU

Username: LaBalladeDesCieux
PO/PS! Username: LaBalladeDesCieux
Generation:
Both SM Ou et DPP are good. Preferably DPP however.
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm very available overall, basically only school hours are impossible. Free during my evenings notably, and during the weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started in early 2018, I was a USUM Ubers main last generation, but I have played OM too and some others tiers. I have experience from various tournaments both in French community and on smogon. Example on smogon includes co-cap WCoOMs for French team, R8 ag ssnl&bh ssnl, 1v1 ssnl final.
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes (LaBalladeDesCieuxDis#1235)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to: ErPeris for RBY OU

Username: xapx
PO/PS! Username: xapx
Your timezone: +8
Generation: RBY/GSC/ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: all day except for 00:00 to 08:00 until the 16th of Feb, since school starts then. I will try and accommodate the tutor
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played many different tiers from DPP to the current gen, but haven't really touched the first three gens aside from the occasional game in the ROA room. Would love to have a try in the earlier gens (so I can play classics). I'd like to learn all the basic stuff like meta trends, what used to be good and sucks now, and probably most importantly playing and teambuilding, which is somewhat more difficult due to lack of team preview.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Assigned to: Kevin Garrett for ADV/DPP OU

Username: Ophion
PO/PS! Username: Ophion
Your timezone: Gmt -5
Generation: ADV and DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime after 4:30 Tuesday-Fridays, after 12pm on Saturdays, and anytime after 2:30pm on Sundays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started 3 years ago when SM was still main tier and as I met more people, lurked more, and kept playing I got more interested in old gen tiers. This interest was mostly with BW but with DPP as well. I’ve been playing ADV a lot lately but DPP is pretty much new territory for me and I wanna learn how to play it and get better at ADV as well.

Kevin Garrett agreed to tutor me for these tiers and a moderator said it’s fine he tutors me as long as I mention it here ahead of time.

Assigned to: 1_TrickPhony

There's currently no sign-up template or example, but I'll assume the format is the same as the other metagames'.

Username: Kurtupo
PS! Username: Kurtupo
Your timezone: PST (UTC -8)
Usual Hours of Availability: Mon-Thurs: 3 PM - 9 PM, Fri & Sun: 9 AM - 9 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I've been playing VGC since 2015, but never really bothered to learn Singles until late Gen 7. With the new generation, I'm trying to become a full-fledged BSS player! Though my results aren't too great, I did compete in the Gen 8 Kickoff Tournament and am currently participating in the BSS Open II. I'm fairly active in the Battle Stadium Discord (even if it is just asking questions) and it's not uncommon for me to record myself playing games just to review them later!
Are you able to use either Discord?: Discord is currently my main form of communication.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do!

Assigned to: Harpp

Username: Kaguya Lys
PO/PS! Username: Kurotatsu
Your timezone: GMT +10
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm- 9am for the coming weeks. Should be 10am-1am afterwards. I can accomodate to odd time zones, to fit my tutor. I have a flexible schedule.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and used a few gimmicks to earn a name. I was pretty bad overall. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like Seasonals and Ladder Tours which I got destroyed in frequently. My greatest feat in the tier was getting carried to 5th place in the last BLT. I have been doing decently well this generation and intend cultivate this potential. I look forward to expand my knowledge in the tier with the help of an esteemed tutor.

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Assigned to: Confluxx

Username: Floss
PO/PS! Username: Flossed Over
Your preferred timezone: GMT +3
Usual Hours of Availability: 4 pm - 7 pm on weekdays. Mostly free on afternoons/evenings for weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started competitive mons in XY, and got involved in Smogon tournaments in the latter stages of SM onwards. I participated in various tours such as Seasonals and Mono BLT, and assisted in building for a few team tours. However, I've not been able to push forward this gen with the new mons/meta as much as I would have liked in SwSh Monotype, so I would appreciate to be tutored by a more experienced player.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Assigned to: Perish Song

Username: TezGreninja
PO/PS! Username: Nevermore Knights
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: 9AM ~ 11PM in the next 3 weeks. Then 4PM ~ 11PM after February 17th.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began playing basic OU at the start of SM, and gradually started playing the tier seriously a couple months in. Around a year and a half ago, I started playing in draft leagues, and I've now competed in more than 25 seasons of draft, and know a decent bit about building. I started investing my time in monotype last summer, joining the Aroma league immediately and playing in a few tours from there. I faired decently in gen 7, but would really like to hit the next level in this generation, especially after I lost to peachy r1 in the monogens tournament and realized how much further I needed to go. My only notable feat so far was in the monotype opening team tour, where I hit semifinals with some friends from Aroma with an undefeated run of 6 wins. But beyond that, I really hope to train with someone experienced to reach new heights.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to: Decem

Username: RahelGamer03
PO/PS! Username: RahelGamer03
Timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: 1PM-4PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing monotype in SM in the ladder reaching the top in a few weeks, after a while I continued playing only in ladder then I did the maroon tutoring almost at the end of SM Monotype where I ended up playing the odd tour getting regular results.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (Rahel03#8102)

Assigned to: Lopunny Kicks Quaze

Username: Aethernum
PO/PS! Username: Aethernum
Usual Hours of Availability: most afternoons, and except university time, i can schedule for mornings too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing in 2015 but than dropped after around a year, and i returned a couple of years ago, where i have been main bh and i've been part of some bh tours, the last pspl and i've been in both omwc (as the captain of europe team, last year) but since ss came out i decided to dedicate myself to OU, and i need a lot of help here. i'd like to improve under every aspect, teambuilding, planning and battling, since i aspire to the high ou tours like spl, smotours, ost and swc
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes

Deleted User 229847

Banned deucer.
Assigned to: Diophantine for GSC OU

Username: Mr Ponty
PS! Username: Mr Ponty
Generation: GSC OU
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends potentially most of the day, late evenings probably from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M., subject to variations based on irl stuff;
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively on shoddy battler back on december 2009, played competitively on the italian pokeweb completely neglecting smogon. I was never a good battler, at best a decent one, and I've always looked upon GSC with admiration, considering it the most competitive metagame of them all. I also enjoy stalling whenever is possible. This is why I am asking for a tutoring after all this time in the GSC OU metagame, I just want to get good at it and ladder is not that active anymore;

Assigned to: ErPeris for RBY OU

Username: Prof_J
PS! Username: ProfessionalJagoff
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Generation: RBY
Usual Hours of Availability:
weekends (Sat-Sun) 9 am-3 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively with the Platinum Battle Frontier and then went into smogon metas. Been on and off playing for years, got back to it this year and went to old gen because I don't like the new one. I've gotten pretty good at RBY OU over the last half year, but I'm looking to take it higher.

I have talked with ErPeris and he has agreed to take me as a tutee despite the timezone difference.

Assigned to: 1_TrickPhony

Username: Immortal_Lemon
PO/PS! Username: FeltWithTheHeart
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-10:30 PM weekdays, most if not all the time of the time weekends (Except for this coming weekend actually).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played comp on and off since gen 4. Played a little of gen 5, a lot of of gen 6, and a little of gen 7. Really enjoying SwSh and was able to achieve masters rank last season (although I did borrow a rental team of someone else). Looking to get back into the swing of things and get masters rank consistently throughout multiple seasons, and in general just become a better BSS player since I really enjoy playing on cart even though it's just not as fast or efficient as PS.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Eien

Username: yogi
PO/PS! Username: yogibears
Your timezone: brit
Usual Hours of Availability: any time for Eien :blobnom:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played Pokémon, pu nu staff done qc ig also a load of posts on smogon.com
Are you able to use either Discord?: ig

Calaeb

formerly Pawwz
assigned to LuckyPiper

Username: Pawwz
PO/PS! Username: Pawwz
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time after 3:00 PM on Weekdays, and anytime on the weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing Competitive Pokemon in the middle of ORAS. I'm a pretty chill person, but my reputation prevents me from proving that. It is what it is, I like playing Pokemon a lot, just noticed that I fell off this Gen as opposed to last Gen. Hoping to get some of those skills back. Thanks in advance.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yeh
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeh

edit: I don't need this anymore since I'm not really gonna be around, thank you tho LuckyPiper preciate it bro.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Assigned to: maroon

Username: pulsar512b
PO/PS! Username: pulsar512b
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Basically anytime weekends, most time weekdays too (esp afternoons).
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in gen 7 AG, was pretty decent, learned the ropes, later moved to gen 7 ou. Currently play mostly Nat dex OU and VGC2020, but have dipped my feet into monotype on occasion (with uhm not good results). My general weakness is that I have limited meta knowledge and am generally not good at teambuilding.
Are you able to use either Discord?: I can use Discord, yeah.

Assigned to: LuckyPiper

Username: Pixel Pusher →
PO/PS! Username: Pixel Pusher →
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm EST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been competitive since late Gen 6 (played since Gen 4?), decent enough tour results, but nothing noteworthy. Always been just above average, trying to get to that next level of competitiveness and start making better tour performances. My main focus here is the tour world of play. Proper prepping and more "higher level" plays/mindsets/etc to start gaining traction in the tour circuit.

Assigned to: Waszap

Username: InfernoDragon
PO/PS! Username: InfernoDragon18
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays except for Thursday after 6:30 PM, all weekends except 10-3 Sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing really casually during mid Gen 5, but I didn’t join Smogon or get into competitive until mid gen 7. I started out with old gens, especially RBY, and eventually came to play pretty much exclusively Monotype. I’ve done decently well in my first few real tournaments, and have been able to climb the ladder with a few types, but I want to branch out and learn the ropes of a few more types as well as get a better understanding of the metagame in general.
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes (Inferno#8636)

Assigned to: false

Username: TectonicDestroyer
PO/PS! Username: TectonicDestroyer
Your timezone: Gmt + 8!!
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: A long time. Since are the same timezone i can probs make a lot of time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started by maining OMs, made the OM Championship. Now im looking to join smogon tiers. Ive started off with SS OU, and trying to get better, but ORAS OU is my favourite old gen and i would love to get better.

Assigned to: ErPeris

Username: Ilsolitostronzo
PS! Username: Ilsolitostronzo
Generation: RBY OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually I'm are available in the afternoon or late morning from 9 to 10 during the week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing DP in 2008 and I have always played this gen without ever taking game too seriously, I want to learn how to play in RBY because I think it's an offensive metagame like DPP and I always thought there were similarities between the two metagame.

Assigned to: Excal

Username: Sakito
PS! Username: Sakito
Generation: GSC OU
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): old gen enthusiast, got interest into gsc recently and id like to get into it

Assigned to: ErPeris

Username: Sneakers
PS! Username: Ryum
Generation: RBY OU
Usual Hours of Availability: evenings
i have a little experience with Dpp OU and i wanna learn a new gen.

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to: Confluxx

Username: Yami
PO/PS! Username: Yami the Bloodedge / Magma
Usual Hours of Availability: 11am-9pm most weekdays 5pm-9pm Saturday and 2pm-9pm Sunday
I have been playing competitive Pokemon for a bit over 3 years now with playing multiple metagames such as 1v1, LC, PU, ZU, old gens of 1v1, LC, Monotype and RBY OU. I have made it far last gen in mono with being a mono gen finalist and making Monotype Ribbon playoffs. I have also been in multiple team tours in the time I had here and mostly had good results. However, I have been having trouble with building this gen because of the dex cut and feel like im missing vital metagame knowledge to make me excel this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)