Done Alert users when their challenges are rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
(Coming from a Policy Admin who has nothing to do with tech :blobthumbsup: )

Although I can block challenges I tend to keep them unblocked in case anyone wants to challenge me to specific formats I would be willing to accept.

The issue I am addressing is an unusual one I've been getting for quite some time. Whenever someone would challenge me to a format I don't play/want to play, I reject their challenge. Afterwards, there is a moment of pause then they challenge me again. This entire process repeats a couple times over until they decide to give up, I block challenges, or I tell the user to stop challenging me. I get into this scenario each time I reject a challenge from someone I'm unfamiliar with and I believe one of the factors to why this happens might be that when a challenge is rejected, instead of notifying the user, the challenge box just disappears as if the challenge was never sent. I speculate this may confuse players and encourage them to continue challenging me before realizing the box disappearing due to me rejecting their challenge.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I originally did it this way because the server just sends "challenge no longer exists" and it's not clear to the client whether that's because the challenge was rejected or accepted (until after the game starts, which might not be synced).

In hindsight it should be pretty easy for the server to just send that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)