Tournament AGPL V - Manager Signups [Custom Avatar Prize]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

art by sleepyzen

Welcome to AGPL V! We'll start off by selecting 6 managers. This AGPL will feature 6 teams and so there will be 5 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in early-mid August. All teams must have one manager available from June through early August. If you know you won't have access to the internet at any point during that time, you will be able to pick out an assistant manager from the players you draft to act as an assistant manager if you didn't include an assistant manager in your signup post. Failure to send the team's weekly lineup will result in the prior weeks lineup being used.

This year's tier selection is as follows:
- SV
- SV
- SV
- SV
- SS
- USUM
- ORAS
- Best of Three: SV / SS / USUM

If you want to manage a team in AGPL V, make a post below to apply. Managers will be decided by the tournament hosts, teal6 and myself, as well as the AG moderation team. This thread will be open for one week.

Code:
Team Name:
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager):
Managers and co-managers may opt to self-purchase; the first purchase will cost 15k credits, and the second 18k.

Signups will close on Friday, June 9th, at which point managers will be decided! Good luck everyone, let's have a good tournament!

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Team Name: Dave's Dialgas
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Stone Cold
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): On top of me being a mainstay in Anything Goes team tournaments, I made finals of AGSD as a manager in the last edition of the tournament. Dave has like six trophies under his belt as a manager as well between SCL and WCoP. Dave and me managed Create-A-Pokemon Champions League, Germany Premier League, UnderUsed Farm Premier League and Sun and Moon Premier League together. Additionally, we are currently managing Advanced Premier League, Sword and Shield Premier League, Diamond, Pearl & Platinum Premier League, Video Game Championship Premier League, NeverUsed Premier League and Pet Mods Premier League together. In Tony's words: we accumulated more managing experience this year alone than he did in his entire career. Z Strats, dex, Monai, Hayburner, The Strap, tazz, Potatochan, Fc, ima, SOMALIA, Vileman, Sylvi, tier, Riesen_Oschi, Empo, lax, devin, Estarossa, TPP, MTB, Lily, Dj Breloominati, riopaser, IcebergVGC, airfare, LBN, Cubic Skunk, SuperEpicAmpharos, ZardicharVGC, Laroxyl, fade, keys, Highlord, HSOWA, The Kyle, Booty, tlenit, Megumi, D2TheW, gorex, xray, Xrn, Liones, Spellcaster, Grandmas Cookin, Mishimono, JesseVG, ArcticBreeze, NHelioX7, corvere, xtra$hine, Danny, crying, Mashing, GoldCat, Christos, zee, Xiri, Aurora, Die Ebenenspinne, phoopes, Akaru Kokuyo, MangoSteak, Joya, Theia, Fantos13, Lasen, QWILY, Nineveh, termi, Inder, LRXC, Beka, Memoric, Nightingales, Shiba, Staxi, sierradawn, RufflesPro, Clementine, Jhonx~, Sificon, elednb, roxie, Star, Tagmouse27, StriiderVGC, Oriol Plaza, Baloor, Tabu_24, fakenagol, Sparksblade, Lialiabeast, Micciu and Aqua Jet can all attest to the prowess and competence that Dave and I have as managers.

Additionally, I am sure keys told every single member of the community at least three times by now, but I will mention it nevertheless: I was featured on the official SmogonU Twitter account for my gameplay in the Anything Goes Premier League recently!

Oh, and keys also asked me to announce that UPL XI Signups are LIVE. You can sign up via this link: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/upl-xi-player-signups-custom-avatar-prize.3722003/

Team Name: Crooked Crobats
Manager: Farce Of The Death
Assistant Manager (if applicable): entrocefalo
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): I have been part of the last three ag team tours and drafted in other team tours and done well in other tier individuals tour. I also made good runs in some AG official individuals and currently in Aglt final. Furthermore, I managed ss and ndag tier in crooked crobats last agpl and is familiar with providing support with scouts, tests and team planning.

Entrocefalo won the last ag winter seasonal, currently in the final of Aglt and has done in well in the past ag official individuals. And he has been part of other team tours and had good runs in other tiers of individuals tours.

We assume we'll make an excellent duo as managers, having gained experience being part of plenty of team tours and know what it takes to manage and win. We also know the ag community well. Eagerly anticipating any opportunity thrown our way!

We have blessings of previous Crooked Crobats manager cromagnet to lead it this year.

Crooked Crobats.png

I pledge allegiance to the grind, I'm up early as hell tryna get mine. :crobat:

entrocefalo

is a Top Tiering Contributor
NatDex Slam Winner
Team Name: Crooked Crobats
Manager: Farce Of The Death
Assistant Manager (if applicable): entrocefalo
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): I have been part of the last three ag team tours and drafted in other team tours and done well in other tier individuals tour. I also made good runs in some AG official individuals and currently in Aglt final. Furthermore, I managed ss and ndag tier in crooked crobats last agpl and is familiar with providing support with scouts, tests and team planning.

Entrocefalo won the last ag winter seasonal, currently in the final of Aglt and has done in well in the past ag official individuals. And he has been part of other team tours and had good runs in other tiers of individuals tours.

We assume we'll make an excellent duo as managers, having gained experience being part of plenty of team tours and know what it takes to manage and win. We also know the ag community well. Eagerly anticipating any opportunity thrown our way!

We have blessings of previous Crooked Crobats manager cromagnet to lead it this year.

View attachment 522061

I pledge allegiance to the grind, I'm up early as hell tryna get mine. :crobat:
Confirming

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Drunken drapions.
Myself and Taka
I have managed in many discord premier leagues like btpl adpl bkcpl etc and capped india in bss wcup.I have experience in ag peaking the ss ag ladder once when it was main gen.i d say would make a good manager because i got the experience and i know the ag community pretty well.I have done pretty succesful drafts and won discord tours.
Taka is The Goat.

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Drunken drapions.
Myself and Taka
Confirming

Not much manager experience, but I play this gen AG + SS AG + have peaked both ladders. I know the ag community decently well, and I have enough builder knowledge + time to help support / test for teammates that our teammates would have some decent support regardless.

art by me.
1686196390113.png

Last edited:
Team Name: Anonymous Geodudes
Assistant Manager (if applicable): memedose46

Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): Relatively new to the Sv AG scene, but have been part of the community for upwards of a year now. Started off with peaking the ss ag and usum ladder and going towards playing actual tours such as ag snake, and qualifying for the last aglt alongside having the privilege to learn from experienced hands on strategies and building various teams with friends and good mentors at the same time such as cromagnet Geysers entrocefalo and Guard , I now have more confidence in my skills and will do everything in my power to draft a winning team. As far for my co manager, memedose and I have managed together in a lot of discord tours, so we believe to overcome any adversities with our team chemistry. We promise to foster a good team environment and do everything we can for the team, hoping to be given a chance :] :blobnom:

Last edited:
Team Name: TBD
Assistant Manager (if applicable): memedose46

Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): Relatively new to the Sv AG scene, but have been part of the community for upwards of a year now. Started off with peaking the ss ag and usum ladder and going towards playing actual tours such as ag snake, and qualifying for the last aglt alongside having the privilege to learn from experienced hands on strategies and building various teams with friends and good mentors at the same time such as cromagnet Geysers entrocefalo, I now have more confidence in my skills and will do everything in my power to draft a winning team. As far for my co manager, memedose and I have managed together in a lot of discord tours, so we believe to overcome any adversities with our team chemistry. We promise to foster a good team environment and do everything we can for the team, hoping to be given a chance :] :blobnom:
Confirming

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Team Name: Southpaw Ironfists
Assistant Manager (if applicable): TDR

Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): Me achieved top 1 in gen 7 AG meta during the peak time and have won Monotype BLT and NDMPL as a player and managed few smogon related tours (Mono BLT, HPL) where the I have went playoffs as a manager and also managed team India for NDWC and RUWC. For TDR, he is a ROA mod and managed same HPL, NDWC, ORASPL, TPP and many more and has positive impact on all of these. We have some player experience in this community and hope we can create a good environment and win this tour with new and experienced lads :blobwizard:

Last edited:

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Southpaw Ironfists
Assistant Manager (if applicable): TDR

Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): Me achieved top 1 in gen 7 AG meta during the peak time and have won Monotype BLT and NDMPL as a player and managed few smogon related tours (Mono BLT, HPL) where the I have went playoffs as a manager and also managed team India for NDWC and RUWC. For TDR, he is a ROA mod and managed same HPL, NDWC, ORASPL and many more and has positive impact on all of these. We have some player experience in this community and hope we can create a good environment and win this tour with new and experienced lads :blobwizard:
confirming

leo-bloodysweet

I COULD BE BANNED!
Team Name: Marauding Munchlaxes
Bio: Over the last 1.5 months I have kept my hold on the Tours' Leaderboard Champ Position, and so am well versed with the plays and gritties of every generation, along with having constantly battled several top players and learnt from them. I don't have prior managing experience on PS but have managed teams many a competitive battling event outside PS so I'm sure I'll be able to foster a good working relationship between the potential members of the team and I'm confident I can draft a team that will go all the way through!

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Team Name: Pillsbury Fidough Boys
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Fragments
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you
The cover made his AG return for AGPL V !!

Fragments and I form a fairly complementary duo, as he has management experience and I have the solidity of a mainer.
As I mentioned above, Fragments managed lots of tours like rbtt (twice), umpl, 2v2pl, blt, and cappl (hasn’t missed playoffs in any tour he managed). They also competed in rupl, ompl, 1v1pl and bdsppl as a player. Finally, it should not be forgotten that he is very familiar with the AG pool through his involvement as manager of UMPL.

As for me, it's a bit different. I was recently put in charge of manly melmetal this UPL and it's with great pleasure that I want to continue my adventure as manager. I had the opportunity to familiarise myself with the AG 9G thanks to the AG snake which I won this year and also thanks to the ssnl in which I performed rather well. I've already taken part in 2 AGPLs and 2 OMPLs, with honourable records, which shows how much I've invested in AGs over the last 2 years.

Fragments and I would be delighted to be selected, I hope these words will help you to do the right choice :)

GL TO EVERYONE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)