Other Metagames [AG] The Devil's Metagame

So I came back after a few month break and my teams just weren't cutting it anymore. I needed to make a team, so I made a base with Bread's help, then had it revised by NB, Geysers, and TTTG. It was the deleted... but with Bread's help I think I recreated it. This team seems pretty viable and I feel I could go far on ladder if I had the time, but I want to see what YOU think, so here are the bois.

kyogre.gif

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kyogre is still one of the hardest hitting and scariest special attackers in the game, and now that clay-s doesn't run scarf anymore, Kyogre can be the best fastest special attacker in the game. Bread said that this set is good but that you could also run choice specs, but I keep this set because I still think that the speed game of AG is always something I want to have control of and because of this.

zacian-crowned.gif

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Assurance

If anyone is questioning this Pokemon's usage still then just know that because mega ray is gone this is the only Pokemon that has been banned to AG. While this Pokemon is no doubt broken, how to use it is still a question. This is a wallbreaker all-out-attacker set with assurance because I'm pretty sure that it doubles from switches meaning if you are good at mind games (one of my biggest strengths in this game) then you can do more damage than crunch can. There only really is one Pokemon who can take hits comfortably from this Pokemon and the being NDM. This thing hits hard

yveltal.gif

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Every team needs a caly-s swap in as, according to the viability rankings, it is the best Pokemon in the metagame. This is probably due to how, unlike zacian, caly can dynamax. A SpD built Yveltal can safely switch into to caly-s and force a swap. If the opponent has a +2 SpA and their dynamax left, you need to click knock off as the caly is probably sashed and u need to lower it to kill range rang for kyogre. With u-turn for pivot this is really just a wall that is expendable once caly-s is gone. This also stalls offensive Yveltal dynamax with roost.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

This is a different pick then usual as before this is where a Eternatus would sit. As Eternatus has finally been revealed to be trash (even with meteor beam, power herb) ferrothorn just about fills the spot. Ferrothorn is a strong SpD bulky Pokemon that has even more wall potential than Eternatus. Ferro also has the ability to beat Quagsire with Power Whip. Ferro can also stall your opponent with Leech Seed Protect and can give chip damage/sacrificial KO with Iron Barbs. In addition, the only things that OHKO this is zacian with CC or Yveltal with heat wave/Eternatus with flamethrower (also Ho-oh but y would this even be a thought for Ho-oh?).

necrozma-duskmane.gif

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thunder Wave
- Morning Sun

NDM is necessary not only for opposing zacian, but because ditto copying a zacian without you having NDM is just about GG. NDM takes hit s comfortably from zacian, can paralyze opponents or setup SR, and is an all around balanced tank with Prism Armor. Not much to talk about this Pokemon as the metagame just about forces you to have one if you want to get somewhere on ladder.

lunala.gif

Lunala @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Roost

As a utility Pokemon Lunala really shines. Not only is it a very viable tank with high Def and Shadow Shield butt also gets access to Will-O-Wisp, Roost, Thunder Waver, Defog, and Roar. This set is meant to be semi-physical wall with damage potential for Zygarde and Groudon as well as the ability to handicap Zacian with Will-O-Wisp or Xerneas with Roar (force consumption of power herb). With the addition of Heavy Duty Boots, Shadow Shield is so good with free damage reduction for being a fresh Pokemon with full HP. Lunala just all around covers holes and if you don't like one of it's moves, there are so many other options to fill it with.

Importable

Hello. Seems like a really good team. One small suggestion though is to change your Speed IVs on yveltal to 29. Since most people run 30 speed ivs on yveltal, running 29 ivs speed would make you slow enough to switch out last against a yveltal giving you the advantage of knowing your opponent's mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)