Resource AG Team Bazaar and Showcase

(art by UberSkitty )

Welcome to the Anything Goes Team Bazaar! This is the thread for sharing teams you've built that you'd like to discuss or get advice on! In short, it's a thread where you can show off teams without having to go through the trouble of writing up a full RMT. As long as your team is aimed at being functional in the Anything Goes metagame, you're free to post it here (in other words, don't post a team of 6 Caterpies simply because you think they're cute). With that said, here are a few guidelines for posting here that you're expected to have read:
  • This isn't the place to post unfinished or untested teams. While the standards here are more lax than the RMT forum, you're still expected to put some effort into polishing your team before presenting them here.
  • If you're going to comment on a team, please be constructive about it. If someone gives feedback on your team, also try to approach it with a constructive attitude even if you don't necessarily agree.
  • Try to avoid one-liners when commenting on a team. On a related note, try and avoid long back-and-forth discussions arguing about a team. If it gets too out of hand, your posts may be deleted.
  • Include a description, importable, and sprites when posting teams please! Make sure your description addresses specific teambuilding choices and general strategy, as well as any unique sets that might be on your team.
  • Please don't ask for your team to be added to samples. If you want to know why your team was turned down, message a council member and they'll try to give you some idea of why (don't nag though, decisions on teams will not be made right away).

The Anything Goes council will also be monitoring this thread for particularly good submissions, the best of which have a chance to be featured as sample teams in a separate thread.

The standards for a team being selected for the Sample Teams are as follows:
  • The team is accompanied by a clear explanation of the roles of each member and how the team should be played.
  • The team should be representative of the Anything Goes metagame. Niche builds are less likely to be featured than ones that represent the defining builds of the metagame.
  • The team should be extensively tested and polished. Having demonstrated success on ladder and tournaments is also a plus.
  • The team should have sufficient counterplay to most or all of the metagame, as well as general team archetypes (webs, stall, etc).
  • Sample teams should be relatively simple and intuitive to use. A new player should be able to understand how the sets and team as a whole work based on a brief description. This is a little harder to quantify, so try to put yourself in the shoes of a newer player. Is the general strategy of this team immediately apparent just given your description? If not, it probably isn't suitable for samples.

That's all, post away!

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
chloes deamtump 2.0!!!! - pre tundra natdex

salut. it has been quite a long time since my last deamtump!! as some of you know i loved experimenting with the metagame, which was the main thing keeping me interested all year. i talk down on natdex a lot but i still think, right now at this moment, there's a lot of untapped potential, and sets just waiting to be discovered. i'm just going to paste all the teams, write very brief descriptions due to the sheer number of teams and leave notes at the footer of the post as to what unranked mons sets do. click on the sprites in order to access the teams!

agpl
:zacian-crowned::xerneas::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::rayquaza-mega:
idea is to overwhelm dm with either zac or xern so the other one can sweep, ray also comes into the equation as it appreciates dm removal significantly.

ssnl
:urshifu::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete::ditto::eternatus:
kate loves darkceus so i thought id take advantage of that, it didn't work out as well as i'd hope but i still won the game so nice.

:mewtwo-mega-y::arceus::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::skarmory::groudon-primal:
just a standardish mmy team with a skarm added bc skarm is criminally underrated, i like the spikes there, sd sub pdon is also nice

:rayquaza-mega::zacian-crowned::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::yveltal:
this is my idea of a standard as hell team i guess, i have problems and i found something like this very difficult to build lol

:arceus::xerneas::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::rayquaza-mega:
sd ghosty is still so so underrated + spdef sitrus xern was my idea of checking yveltal in the meta at the time, didn't really work so well but that's why i build a lot so i can test these things!!!

:kyogre::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::rayquaza-mega::groudon-primal:
lo ogre is so so so good and im so glad thimsy and i figured it out back in aglt. this is just a more updated cm ogre team than my previous rmt.

:togedemaru::eternatus::blastoise-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::zygarde-complete:
TOGE DE DONK DONK. i rly wanted to try togedemaru just bc its cute and also defensive megas are SOOO interesting to me, so i had to give this a go. and honestly in practice its not half bad.

agtt
:gothitelle::kyurem-white::arceus::arceus::groudon-primal::solgaleo:
cro asked me after why i brought this vs him when he always brought ho! hecked if i know, i just brought something i wanted to use i didn't rly consider what cro liked using. unranked mons explained in description below but basically the idea was trap dm and wreck with ice stab.

:rayquaza-mega::zacian-crowned::arceus::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::xerneas:
tried to build something fairly standard for volk but he got bad mu & didnt know how to play it.

:smeargle::groudon-primal::diancie-mega::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::marshadow:
weirdish webs that i based off a gen 7 ubers team that i BELIEVE zesty built but i might be wrong. explosion diancie rly helps with potential other webs mu while also setting rocks and preventing defog.

:gengar-mega::gothitelle::arceus::zygarde-complete::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal:
gave volk cheese but he had no idea how to use it, i shouldve explained it better thats on me. its essentially waste a passive mons offensive pp with taunt goth and then switch in to previously mega'd gengar in order to set up easily and sweep. that way instead of encore they have no offensive pp so they cant even dmax to evade it.

ndpl
:lunala::gothitelle::yveltal::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::zacian-crowned:
i wanted to try lunala + goth for ho-oh but i sacked goth turn 5 and had to outplay for another 100 turns to win lol. snoms suggested spdef yveltal which was honestly ntb in practice games vs bacon, but didnt make much of an impact in the real thing.

:eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega::groudon-primal:
fardin looked rly weak to etern so here. i brought a team i think had good mu but at the end of the day i predicted his arc-water dmaxing wrong and ripsei.

:groudon-primal::zekrom::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete::zacian-crowned:
wsun and i built this, zekrom abuses the dm sets nevelle always brings. it got burned when i brought it in game OOPS but it still put in a lot of work while burned lol.

:kartana::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::groudon-primal::arceus::lunala:
i was messing around with stuff in the discord late one night, vomited this out and thought it was bad. decided to go to bed. woke up in the morning turns out lily brought it and won with it; too good.

:xerneas::zacian-crowned::ditto::arceus::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane:
i built this 10 mins before my fardin game, if waterceus didnt get crit i had a much better shot but still better player won so i cant complain too much.

mems
:kommo-o::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::rayquaza-mega::arceus::zacian-crowned:
wanted to abuse the darkceus prevalence in tours so this team aims to do exactly that, the set is explained in detail on the metagame thread and briefly in the hide tag below.

:kangaskhan-mega::arceus::ho-oh::giratina-origin::necrozma-dusk-mane::kyogre:
POGGAROO. there's no real reason for this team other than a fun time to have, like most of the teams in this last section they weren't too thought out.

:venusaur-gmax::gothitelle::groudon::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::rayquaza-mega:
wanted to try a gmax forme and thought venu might be fun to try. it's pretty trash but given the right matchup it can put in substantial work.

:arceus::lugia::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::groudon-primal::whimsicott:
ring target trick whimsicott + cm refresh judgment recover groundceus whats not to love. i wanted to lure in ho-oh so groundy had a good shot, i barely ever pulled this off though.

:lucario-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::zygarde-complete::amoonguss::kyogre:
this was mainly just a set testing experiment. i think occa amoong is nb, and i think specs ogre is very good, but mega luc fell kinda flat on this and the other teams i tried it on. it's still usable though.

:arceus::rayquaza-mega::arceus::zygarde-complete::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh:
grip claw arceus allowed for easier perish trap :3 also not a set youd generally expect if you see normal arceus, so its honestly kinda nice

:dracovish::gothitelle::zygarde-complete::necrozma-dusk-mane::gyarados-mega::xerneas:
vish vish is nice and fun, and spdef gyara helps substantially against yveltal, again i LOVE defensive megas like this and toise, theyre so cool and i rly wanna try them more.

:mewtwo-mega-y::marshadow::arceus::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal:
i got stuck laddering uu and slowbro gave me nightmares. future sight mmy is rly powerful, but the spread is terrible lol. banded marsh helps force out both its main checks in darkceus and dusk mane.

:grimmsnarl::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::zacian-crowned::zygarde-complete:
np grimmsnarl is rly cool and cheesy, i like 4x dark resists in this meta a lot. metronome is always fun since it didnt need a 4th option, and prankster metronome might pick something cool.

:porygon-z::arceus::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::skarmory::groudon-primal:
porygon-z go vrooom. there is not much that can survive a +2 attack from this, in dmax, it's so so strong and so fun to use.

:solgaleo::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega::groudon-primal:
wanted to try freeing up dm role by using solg but didnt work so well in practice.

:blastoise-mega::tapu-bulu::skarmory::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::flygon:
terrain pulse blastoise to get through waterceus and pdon its honestly not too bad and i rly like it especially in this declining ditto meta.

:raichu-alola::tapu-koko::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::rayquaza::mewtwo:
this isn't good, but it's fun and isn't that what matters at the end of the day. alolachu ohkos pdon at +2 in dmax, but it's just not worth it.

:steelix-mega::groudon-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::zygarde-complete::zacian-crowned:
this is updated mega steelix team, its such a matchup fish but its honestly a good mon and i feel like more people rly need to try it.

:grapploct::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega::kyogre:
this is just a dumb meme i can't explain this well. i think i was on my 11th beer? does that help?

:zarude::necrozma-dusk-mane::flygon::arceus::kyurem-white::diancie-mega:
this team is so fun it just has a lot of fun sets, i cannot give any justification other than it has no major issues iirc.

:marshadow::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus::arceus::arceus:
bu polt marsh is so strong id let him strongarm me into an arm wrestle just to break my arm and cause me pain. don't read into it.

:minior::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus::arceus::arceus:
minior the little meteor is a cute little smasher that does big damage, but it's rly niche so be careful setting it up.

:durant::gothitelle::amoonguss::ho-oh::groudon-primal::arceus:
entrainment truant + goth is SO FUN this is my favourite team to use vs ladder bc none of them understand how to check it.

what does this unranked mon do?
:blastoise-mega: (1) phys def spinner that comes in on most of the meta and spins for relatively free
:blastoise-mega: (2) terrain pulse in grassy terrain ohkos max spdef pdon at +2 which was previously a feat unattainable
:dracovish: offensive behemoth, soft ogre switchin
:durant: entrain + goth allows goth to set up easily with tect on truant turns, dumb meme, works a treat vs ladder goons that dont know bout arc
:flygon: pdon counter, especially if given an umbrella
:giratina-origin: pdon hard check & fogger
:grapploct: dumb meme
:gyarados-mega: soft yveltal/dm/ho-oh check and repeated switchin for several others
:kangaskhan-mega: fun set, i wouldn't recommend for anything other than enjoying yourself
:kartana: super strong phys dmax attacker, ohkos ho-oh at +2 with strike, free set up vs lot
:kommo-o: abuses darkceus prevalence - sets up and wins
:kyurem-white: (1) super strong attacker that no one ever prepares for
:kyurem-white: (2) spdef ogre answer with either hdb or umbrella
:lucario-mega: unviable offensive mega :^)
:minior: offensive shell smasher with a very limited amount of switchins, hard to get into sweet spot though and deathly weak to prio
:porygon-z: frail offensive np mon with no switchins
:raichu-alola: elec terrain abuser, ohkos pdon at +2 in dmax
:skarmory: nice dm switchin & spike setter
:solgaleo: zacian-c check that can teleport / free up dm for offensive role
:steelix-mega: phys def behemoth, fissures special attackers on switchin, matchup fish
:tapu-bulu: sets terrain for toise on that team, walls zyg, otherwise kinda useless
:tapu-koko: sets terrain for raichu on that team, switches into yveltal once, otherwise kinda useless
:togedemaru: fear, probably better options but it's cuter than all of those >:(
:urshifu: repeated darkceus switchin / strong attacker
:venusaur-gmax: fun sun abuser, not very viable though
:whimsicott: ring target trick onto flying type e.g ho-oh to allow for refresh cm ground to sweep
:zarude: bulk up mon that abuses dm and then dmaxes

gonna build new stuff for circuit playoffs, which i might add to this post after those are over depending on how it goes. anyway thank you all for reading my post. special thanks to pichus, WSun1, Guardsweeper, I Eat Snoms, and literally everyone in my ndpl team chat for being super amazing and helping make ndpl a rly fun time. also special tytytytytytyty to Meri Berry for being the best cheerleader ever and Lilburr for helping me nickname mons a lot of the time. i rly couldnt have done it without all of you.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hello, all!

Since we've shifted our format focus back to Galar Dex, I thought I'd share a team I built that's worked really well for me so far in the meta. There has been talk early in the DLC 2 meta around if stall would still be viable, especially with the addition of Calyrex-Shadow and with major offensive threats like Dynamax Yveltal without Arceus formes to utilize. As some of you know, I love building stall, so I was eager to do some investigating. I'm enthusiastic about the possibilities so far! Special-Defense invested Yveltal, Quagsire, NDM of course, Giratina, Chansey/Blissey, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and others all are viable Pokémon with various uses/niches. Let's get into my team!

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 206 Def / 54 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Defog

Giratina is and has been a staple of AG stall teams for some time. Giratina's value on Gen 8 AG teams has been such that it's not at all rare to see it on balance teams as well. Pressure is an invaluable ability, and on a Pokémon with such extraordinary bulk as Giratina, it means that low and high pp moves alike are always at risk of being depleted. Spreading status helps wear down offensive teams over time, since that pairs well with Sand and hazards damage. Overall, Giratina helps as a great blanket check on this team for a variety of offensive threats.

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Snarl
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

Okay, so this set will undoubtedly be the eye-raiser of the team, but that's okay! SpD-invested Yveltal is excellent in the meta, as it's able to check one of the more frightening offensive threats in Calyrex-Shadow. I think mixed defensive Yveltal is one of the best sets in Galar Dex AG right now. Snarl enables Yveltal to not only hit some Pokémon hard in tandem with Dark Aura, but it helps Yveltal's longevity against big SpA threats. Knock Off is a phenomenal move in Gen 8 AG, and with an inherently powerful attacker like Yveltal with Dark Aura to boot wielding it, it's likely to hit very hard and cause long-term damage to defensive and offensive teams alike. Taunt, lastly, I added to the set to restrict defensive Pokémon from recovering and also potentially from stopping set-up on an opposing Pokémon switching in. Definitely an unorthodox set, but I at least got some validation when I faced Bacon the other day who was running a near identical set (just Foul Play over Knock Off).

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Ferrothorn is one of the two Kyogre checks on the team. While it can't survive multiple full health Specs Water Spouts, it can Protect to pp stall it or take prophylactic measures to beat it, including Knocking Off the Choice Specs on the switch-in or setting up hazards to reduce the power of Water Spout over time. Ferrothorn's hazard-setting ability is helpful in the course of a battle for more than just pressuring Kyogre as well. You can compel Ho-Oh, one of the most common Defogers, to switch in and either Knock Off its item or switch to Giratina to pp stall Sacred Fire, Toxic, or Defog. Additionally, without the presence of Arceus formes/Megas--Pokémon in possession of items that can't be Knocked Off-- or Mail functioning in-game in SS, Knock Off is guaranteed to eliminate some item from the opposing team. Ferrothorn can also make for a makeshift check to Xern without Focus Blast due to HP Fire no longer existing in-game.

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover

Quaggy is one of my favorite Pokémon to use on Galar Dex AG teams. It's the best check to Zacian-C in the game with Unaware and Rocky Helmet to consistently wear down its HP. I actually started out with Leftovers on this set, as I didn't know what to expect in the meta, but Rocky Helmet is the better item I've decided. Definitely for the consistent damage to Zacian-C, but also since it fits well into the theme of consistent passive damage annoying opposing teams. Quagsire makes for an excellent check to really offensive NDM as well with access to Haze and of course Unaware. Overall, it's definitely one of the physically defensive backbones of the team.

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Confide
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Another of my favorite Pokémon I get to use on this team! Chansey, especially for those of you who have been playing National Dex AG, may seem like the better choice, but I opted for Blissey here in light of how I believe Gothitelle will be quite the bothersome Pokémon in the metagame. The beauty of Blissey is how many different sets it can run, at least in terms of items. Utility Umbrella, Shed Shell, and Heavy-Duty Boots are all solid options. Additionally, with Pursuit nonexistent in the game now, Blissey's poor Defense stat doesn't restrict it. Along with the aforementioned passive damage theme, multiple checks to a few Pokémon is another. Blissey represents one of the Eternatus checks, and even against an opposing Pressure ability, Seismic Toss, hazards damage, and Sand can wear down the Poison- and Dragon-type over time effectively.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Rest
- Roar

Tyranitar is one of the backbones of this team. It's one of the more viable Pokémon on stall-oriented builds in Gen 8, and it serves a few functions on my team. It's an excellent check to Eternatus, it sets Sand to put opposing offensive Pokémon on a bit of a clock, it's the Rock-setter, and it's the phazer. Tyranitar is also an excellent check to SpA-boosted Yveltal without Focus Blast. Being able to change the weather is certainly helpful in this meta, as weather teams or even teams just based around a powerful weather-setting sweeper are fairly viable in the meta right now. Tyranitar shouldn't be overlooked as a potential Dynamaxer as well, as it can take on a Dynamaxing Rayquaza or Yveltal and hit back hard with STAB offense.

And there's my team! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this over, and let me know how the team works out if you try it! Feel free to PM me questions on PS if you have any about the team as well. Until next time!

PokePaste link: https://pokepast.es/a3c8d2cce6c7ca01

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heyo guys I've got a few samples submissions today; I figured I'd dump some of my favorite teams from galar so far and hopefully some of them can make it into the samples.
:shuckle::zekrom::kyogre::zacian-crowned::calyrex-shadow::xerneas:
This is a pretty standard, solid webs. Zekrom serves to help the mirror match, using opposing webbers as setup fodder, while sash Calyrex-S serves as a ditto countermeasure. There really isn't too much to explain here, but it's worked pretty well, and I used it successfully in the kickoff tour.
:ferrothorn::zygarde::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ditto:
This is a really fun spikestack balance, that focuses on using Eternatus to pressure opposing defoggers, notably breaking through Yveltal and Ho-Oh with Power Herb Meteor Beam, while Ditto shores up the stall and offense matchups. Zygarde provides a solid wincon, shredding weakened teams after minimal setup turns, while taking full advantage of Ferrothorn's spikes to rack up chip. Yveltal has 30 speed IVs to U-turn after opposing Yveltal, allowing for nice slow pivoting. This, too, has been successfully used in the kickoff tour, and it's a very solid team.
:yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::Calyrex-Shadow::reshiram::xerneas:
This is a very potent Reshiram Bulky Offense, focused around the extremely strong (wink wink) offensive core of Reshiram and Xerneas, which neatly complement each other while Xerneas protects against Ditto, using it as setup fodder after it's revenge-killed Reshiram. Subseed Calyrex rounds out the team, providing a very fast revenge killer that lures and beats non-snarl yveltal, allowing it to quickly snowball out of control.
:reshiram::xerneas::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::kyurem-white::eternatus:
Another very strong Reshiram bulky offense, with some of the roles switched up, notably featuring offensive Eternatus, with Specially defensive White Kyurem serving as a solid Kyogre check that can also serve as a secondary check to Yveltal.
:tyranitar::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::eternatus::ho-oh::rayquaza:
This is a fun balance, intended to utilize Band Yveltal to let Rayquaza safely pivot in on things, and then become a very threatening sweeper. In addition, the Toxic Spikes from Eternatus can force Rayquaza's limited defensive answers into sticky positions.

That's all for today, please feel free to send feedback on these teams and / or consider them for samples. Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
This isn't the place to post unfinished or untested teams. While the standards here are more lax than the RMT forum, you're still expected to put some effort into polishing your team before presenting them here.
Try to avoid one-liners when commenting on a team. On a related note, try and avoid long back-and-forth discussions arguing about a team. If it gets too out of hand, your posts may be deleted.
Include a description, importable, and sprites when posting teams please! Make sure your description addresses specific teambuilding choices and general strategy, as well as any unique sets that might be on your team.

Hey yall
I thought I'd share a team I built that's worked really well for me so far in the meta. I consider this team stall but some people may disagree.
:yveltal::yveltal::chansey::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde::shedinja:
So my team contains a yveltal physical and special, a zygarde glare haze set, an ndm rocky helmet, a chansey, and a shendinja.

:ss/zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Haze
- Glare
So first up is zygarde. Now the reason I use zygarde is mainly for yveltal physical. My team has a major weakness to yveltal physical and this is one of the only ways to stop it. I can glare then spam thousand arrows until I get low on health then I can rest. But that is no the only reason I use zygarde. Zygarde is the only mon on my team that can use haze making is really good against baton pass and xern. I can simply take away all of that speed and evasion from a baton pass team with a click of a button. If I am versing a xern it can use geomancy with power herb, and I can simply haze and make it lose its item. Then I can keep hazing if it tries to use geomancy and I can use thousand arrows in between the turns. Glare lets me be faster than most mons so I can just thousand arrows then rest. So in total, I use zygarde mainly for physical yveltal and baton pass teams. This mon is very bulky and can survive a hit. Its ability Power Construct makes it have a lot of health which then if I get on low health I can just use rest and replenish my health.
:ss/shedinja:
Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
Next up, shedinja. Now the reason I love shedinja is obviously because of its ability. Now the great thing about shedinja is that it can survive any mon that does not have a super-effective move, the problem is if a mon has a super effective move, this thing dies. But what makes shedinja so great is that if a xern switches out and uses geomancy and I can't do anything about it, then I switch out to shedinja. Since xern sets never have a weakness for shedinja, I can easily switch out and now the xern has to switch and lose its boost. Another thing that it helps with is zacian but not always. Sometimes zacian's do not have a dark type move but sometimes they do. This is why I have protect. If the zacian uses a dark type move when I use protect then I will switch, but if it doesn't then I can simply Will o Wisp it next turn and then keep shadow sneaking it. Another great thing about shedinja is if my Chansey died and there is a kyogre scarf water spout. I can simply switch to shedinja and now the ogre will have to switch. But the problem is so teams have ferrothon and I have to be careful. So in that case I will predict that they will switch out to ferrethon in hopes I will use shadow sneak and the ferrethon will kill me with iron barbs, so in that case, I use Will O Wisp since toxic will not work. Then I will switch before it uses leech seed and then I simply kill it with a different mon. I understand that this mon has a bit of risk to it but if you understand how to use it and when to switch out then you will be fine.
:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Knock Off
Now what makes ndm so great is that it can kill a zacian and other annoying physical attackers. Now zacian will either spam closed combat and then I can kill it with sunsteel strike or it can spam a dark type move and I can stall with morning sun. Now another great thing about this mon is its ability. Prism armor allows it to survive super effective hits so that it has a better chance of surviving. This mon is also useful because of it's access to rocks. If I use rocks then all the opp sash's go away. But that is a small problem because on one of my yveltals I have defog, but I will talk about that when I get to that mon. Now the other problem is kyogre. The fact that kyogre has rain doesn't allow me to get the full potential for morning sun forcing me to switch. But the good thing is I can switch to a mon like shedinja or Chansey and they will survive. The other great thing about ndm is that if a mon has orb or choice band I can knock them off that way I take less damage and then I can stall with morning sun. So this mon is really bulky and can survive a lot of hits and if you stall correctly and don't waste your pp then this mon will really be helpful.
:ss/chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
Chansey is really good. I know some people think that Blissely is better but that is debatable. I personally think that Chansey is better because it has access to Eviolite. Eviolite just makes Chansey really good. You can easily stall any of these mons with toxic soft boiled or seismic toss softboiled. The thing is this mon is pretty great at survival hits due to its high special attack. It's only big enemies are zacian and yveltal physical. But in that case, I can switch out to ndm or zygarde and then kill those mons. One great thing about this mon is Aromatherapy. This moves allows you to heal up your team so if you are paralyzed or got poisoned or if you decided to use rest on zygarde you can easily wake it up. This mon can stall a geomancy Dyna xern or a calyrex. The great thing about this mon is that it can toxic a calyrex then I can stall a little till the hp of the calyrex is low so that I can switch to shedinja and shadow sneak. The great thing is there is no risk of doing this since the calyrex will not use astral barrage. So in total, this mon is great at stalling and healing my team.
:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
One of the best mons on my team is physical yveltal. What makes this mon so great is that it is able to survive a special attacking yveltal. Allowing it to stall out the Dyna with roost and knock of the yveltal's life orb. What also makes this set great is that it has defog allowing me to take out any rocks so that my other yveltal will not get hurt. It also helps in taking out screens. But the problem is in doing so it also takes out my rocks. So the way that I can fix that is sometimes I do not put out rocks if I see that no mon has or would have sash. In that case, I am free to not put rocks unless I simply wanted to hurt my opponent in that case it would not matter if I defogged or not. Dual wingbeat also does a good job of killing a mon with sash since it hits 2 times. This mon does have a problem with zacian but in that case, I could switch to ndm and solve the problem. In total, by using roost and knock off along with this mons other moves you can easily stall a yveltal and allow them not to kill any mons.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Steel Wing
- Heat Wave
My final mon is a special attacking life orb yveltal. This is almost always the mon that I Dyna and allows me to take out a few mons before it dies. This mon just helps with easily taking out a zacian or a xern or an eternatus. This mon is mainly used for making the game move quicker and helping me win. This mon with Dyna is really easy to destroy your opponent's team. If I see a physical yveltal then I can simply use max darkness and lower it special defense then finish the yveltal. This mon is really strong in taking out mons that I have difficulty with such as zacian or calyrex. It can also easily take out ferrethon and other annoying mons.

And there it is. I have shown you all the good things about my team and how good it can be against annoying mons. I hope you liked my team and I hope you find it good enough to use. Please give me feedback about my team and tell me whether you thought it was good or bad. If you want to get the team then you can simply click on those small mons at the beginning. I hope you enjoyed reading about my team.

Edited this post because the team changed a bit, reached num 2 on the AG ladder. name there is c0rvette.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Tailwind

Usually lead with this guy, if their lead is something slower like necrozma ill just taunt set up stealth rocks, and rock tomb or tailwind for the next step.
If theyre faster like choice scarf kyogre or zacian or ill rock tomb or tailwind, rock tomb is usually better to break a sash (calyrex s), then set up rocks.
Worst match ups for this is substitute zacian or excadrill with excadrill its a guessing game and that means if i mess it up ill have rocks on my field and rocks cleared off theirs.

Kyurem-White @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I had eternatus in this spot before and it was doing great but wanted to try kyurem w as ive never used it before, slight bit less bulky than etern hits a bit harder but a bit slower but we are passing stuff over anyway. Cant really decide if one is better than the other yet but each has its own dis/advantages. Kyu can dynamax if needed which is nice and just hits very hard. Earth powers gonna 1hko zacian after a boost and can 1hko max sp def ttar after 2 boosts with max quake, without fusion flare its gonna be harder to take on ferrothorn 1v1 without a boost. Roost is to stay around longer. Kyu is also good to hit sp def yveltal hard too. Etern is a fighting resist, toxic spikes absorber which usually isnt an issue and can get rid of Xerneas before it has a chance to set up. Oh but gets walled by heatran if i happen to run into one, kyu can handle that with earth power. I originally had etern for rillaboom too so hopefully this can take it on too but may not take grassy glide as well.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass

This thing is real evil, i started using it because Smeargle doesnt exist in gen 8 yet... mostly as a joke but it actually works very well. Works perfect with aerodactyl after a boost butters speed is 393 which is 1 less than aeros so if aeros rock tomb hits first and doesnt miss i know butterfree will def out speed. I tried leftovers first which was nice but way too risky sash is a safer option if i need butterfree to set up later in a battle. So it's simple i out speed after aeros help and depending on the situation i either put them to sleep first or quiver dance first. Like against choice scarf kyogre if rock tombed ill just quiver first after it brings me to sash then out speed put them to sleep and pass to another teammate. Can also set up on non gyro ball ferrothorn if needed, sometimes knock off wont break subs it wont kill me either but def dont want to get seeded.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Taunt

Never really used this poke before but wanted to try all i knew was whenever this is out yveltal is getting switched in, this is more to bait in yveltals which are mostly on the defensive side set up and pass to my yveltal. I'm testing out taunt but it may be too risky but useful to not get roared out or hazed. May go back to psyshock. Can of course hit hard too if needed and add to the boosts i will pass.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power

I tried a bulker set up which worked nice (sub/calm mind/thunder/origin pulse) but i find if i cant get a boost this team is actually slow and won't work too well but choice scarf solves that problem. Sometimes ill lead with this if needed like if i really think theyre gonna lead with zacian or to get eternatus out because thats great to set up on. Ancient power is there for shedinja of course. If i need to pass to this guy im a double speed after one boost which is great.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

This is what usually sweeps someones whole team, after one quiver boost i can dyna and boost my speed even more, boost my own speed to out speed just about everything but regieleki after one max air stream. After +2 if i were to hit chansey on the switch it would do about 50% or more then lower its sp def with max darkness so this can overwhelm the strongest special wall if needed thats obv a big problem to a team full of sp attackers. Max flare mostly for zacian/ferrothorn.

Biggest problems.

Ditto of course, I have to be very careful best set up would be passing behind a sub but thats pretty hard to do sometimes, nasty plot boosts make it riskier quiver boosts are safer as ill have added sp def too and i can always dynamax to take the hit better.

Marshadow can be annoying if rocks arent on their field for obv reasons that ill lose my stat set up.

thunder cage regieleki - will just ruin aero and butterfree if i try to set up.

multi hit moves can cause trouble when trying to set up like rock blast or icicle spear but thats not so common.

Havent really seen too many crazy stall teams but if i can overwhelm bliss/chansey everything else will fall too.

Anything that blocks sleep like electric terrain or misty terrain but thats not so common , etern would be a better match for tapu koko if it has a fairy move to hit kyurem.

Shedinja was a problem but i try to have a way to hit it with every poke.

Last edited:
garbage i've built, :ultranecrozium-z: means g7 :solganium-z: means g8

:golem-alola::kyogre-primal::celesteela::arceus-dark::amoonguss::marshadow: (:ultranecrozium-z:)
alolan golem is the true counter to cb ray, freely taking the dragon ascent, vcreate or extreme speed. protect is to scout for non-choice eq (if they're choice eq they're bad) and steela counters those ray (if they're vc eq they're bad). but it doesn't stop there: alolan golem also has magnet pull, so it traps ferro easily and fire punches it, destroying it for free (if they're power whip say goodbye to golem). therefore pogre thrives in this environment, with one of its biggest counters gone. also i keep putting amoonguss in teams please help
:shuckle::xurkitree::xerneas::yveltal::arceus-ground::arceus-flying: (:ultranecrozium-z:)
grav webs lmao, like what do i say. it's bad don't use it.
:reuniclus::xerneas::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::groudon-primal::marshadow: (:ultranecrozium-z:)
reuni traps support arc forms that don't hit it super effective and then destroy them with heal block, clearing the way for stuff. that's the best i can give you. its spread is something for poisonceus. weirdoes running max spa support fairyceus on ladder will get u tho, so watch out
:grimmsnarl-gmax::slowbro-galar::calyrex-shadow::zygarde::xerneas::dialga: (:solganium-z:)
bellybro moment! it swept like once but grimmsnarl still good regardless. screens is always cool, especially because its a form of ho more resistant to ditto, which is still being spammed on ladder even after its fall from grace. and yes slowbro galar is indeed the true xern counter, forever live the bellybro legion!
:umbreon::amoonguss::quagsire::hatterene-gmax::corviknight-gmax::toxapex: (:solganium-z:)
it's the no legend stall, which i hand out to players who don't want legends since they're too ignorant to change. also have no legend webs but that team is trash lol. it does its job, hat despite having no recovery actually works fine. it's mostly sustained by umbreon's wish pass. toxapex used to actually be crobat to beat marsh harder + crack down on defensive teams but it ended up having a bad mu vs shell smash cloyster, which is spammed on the ladder, so i had to change it to pex. overall the team is just fine, like it does its job.

i intentionally left out any teams i thought were at least slightly viable, will be back with more heat in the future :afrostar:

Hello everyone! i see that this thread is abandoned, and I want to share teams that I built in ag winter ssnl and an extra team.

1616023201795.png
I wanted to build a team around eternatus LO, hits many things and with LO damage it becomes a very good wallbreaker, afther the core of ndm, yveltal and ferro. they basically cover the whole meta ( just change the order of the pokemons for bluff to fardin which was the typical core ndm, yvetal and def eter). lunala is able to check things like zygarde, groudon, zekrom, ndm dd, etc. and finally ditto is almost necessary in a team right now in the current metagame, fantastic revenge killer for zacian-c, calyrex shadow, xerneas, etc.

1616024571774.png
again, i really like eternatus LO so i decided to use this again for my g2 vs fardin, there is not much difference with the team above, change ditto for a caly-s, and ferro for kyurem. if you are lucky you can win very easily with kyurem w using Sheer Cold. just be careful with ogre cm in late game, if you don't hit a Sheer Cold ... gg.

1616025045754.png
i try building around goth + zacian-c. although at this point I just wanted to lose vs fardin and get out of ssnl (I don't enjoy playing galar, maybe I need a break from this goal for a while and come back). anyway, this team is really very bad, it has the core ndm, yvetal and eter. You can change ferro for an ogre scarf or any other wallbreaker you want.

1616025440818.png
The idea of this team was np calyrex s with colbur berry, i remembered that ice mentioned this set when the meta was very recent. I found it interesting so I tried to do something with this set. well again the most typical core of galar, ndm, yvetal and eter, next addition was zyg coil, change glare for toxic for things like lunala, yvetal and more defensive mons. and to finish, ditto like revenge killer, really ditto makes you feel safe against the offensive threats of the meta.

1616028685648.png
i really like eter LO, so this time I tried to make a more offensive team than the previous ones. zacian-c + calyrex-s the main offensive core of the team, you can change Protect for some other movement, but personally I like Protect to see in which movement ditto will block. ndm + ferro + yveltal as the defensive core. I felt that the team was weak from zekrom, so I stole the set from fardin, ferro iron defense + Body Press.

1616029320949.png
i really didn't know what I was thinking when I made this team. I like the idea of 2 scarfs, I can't say much, zacian-c + ogre scarf as the main offensive core, ndm + yvetal + eter as the defensive core and lastly ditto.

1616029665300.png
and as an extra team. i built this team for jerry at ag snake, i was really expecting a kind of anti offense from nora. and i thought ogre cm, try to build around this mon. in the current meta this set is a bit useless due to eternatus and kyurem w with dtail, but well, i really don't know why I put zyg DD. the next was the defensive core, you know !! ndm + yveltal + ether. and finally I wanted a speedcontrol, so I decided to use a caly-s scarf.

i will update this after r11, if I have to face vs nev. to finish, I will not play galar until the ladder tour, i need a serious break from this tier, it is very boring to play this, I hope that with the diamond and pearl remakes the meta changes. anyway, good luck to whoever wants to play this tier!! :psyglad:

sorry if there are spelling errors and stuff like that.

Attachments

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
hey all, now that NDWC is over and we lost in the finals, i'm here to dump some teams that i used and some ideas that i toiled around with throughout the tournament. initially i joined because bacon asked me to and oceania needed an ag player, so i hopped on. i'm not super happy with my performance overall in this tournament, since i technically choked almost guaranteed wins against ice (twice) and played the endgame against shivam pretty suboptimally, but my clutch wins in w3 (which guaranteed us playoffs), semis (to push us into tiebreak), and in the semis tiebreak (to get us into finals) made me pretty happy. feel free to use some of these builds in nd ag cup.

i came into this tournament with literally 0 dlc2 natdex experience, so for the first few weeks, i let bacon do the building until i learned the meta properly. i'll indicate which teams i built and which bacon built. i think i got a lot better at building this tier after a few weeks of playing it, but that doesn't mean it was fun; trying to build this tier without losing to everything at once is like trying to look in every direction at the same time and i ain't like that

(click mons for pastes)

w1 against shivam (L)
:ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus-fairy::zacian-crowned::groudon-primal::zygarde: (built by bacon - no caly)

there were some builds i wanted to try and use against shivam in week 1, since we agreed to a no caly agreement. however, all the teams we (me & bacon) ended up trying were not all that great. in hindsight i regret not prepping harder, since bacon literally tossed me this team 5 minutes before the game and i rolled up with it. it's a pretty basic dlc1 ho-oh balance and is generally very solid with proper play. in the game itself, i noticed that my sd rest groudon had an incredible matchup as long as i got rid of ray. i positioned myself well with a rock tomb predict on the initial ray switch, putting me in a great position early on. but the next time, in front of the groudon, i felt that the rock tomb was too obvious and that rock tombing into the groudon would be absolutely awful - a play i semi-regret now because he did switch into ray. even more so than that though, taking ascent with groudon was an awful play in hindsight, since if i just switched out there groudon probably won later. overall i played this well at the start but definitely choked a winning position when i sacked my groudon.

w2 against ice (L)
:giratina-origin::arceus-rock::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::zacian-crowned::calyrex-shadow: (built by bacon)

again, barely prepped this week... don't worry this trend ends soon. another week where bacon tossed teams he built into chat and i picked on the day which one i wanted. bacon is a god and farmed me another good matchup - rocks rockceus against double ho-oh? goat. gira-o is honesty a very cool tech to check groudon, ekiller, and groundceus (Kind Of). rest on zac is a cool tech bacon introduced me to which allows you to switch zac into things like spdef yveltal and take damage until you can rest and heal it with aroma caly. rockceus is also very underrated in the current meta, serving as a good check to ray, ekiller, ho-oh, and yveltal. the combination of rocks wisp rockceus and specs caly honestly had a good matchup this game, but ice played incredibly to even out his disadvantage.

i think i played most of this game quite well, knocking both ho-ohs and getting myself into a winning position after a while. there are a few things i reget in this game - max guarding on the pdon (didn't consider that it might be rest fsr) and not realising it was scarf yveltal until pretty much the very last turn. even after all that i still had a really good chance to win - i had an almost guaranteed win by sacking zac on turn 98 and going into yveltal and u-turning. my mistake here was not calcing, since i didn't think burned uturn had a chance to kill, but specs caly would've swept after that.

w3 against argas (W)
:zygarde::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::ditto::arceus::arceus: (built by bacon - no caly)

so for w3 we were up against spain and i had no idea what kind of player i was going up against. the only thing i knew was that spain cheese stresh in w1 with smash pass, so i wanted something anti-cheese. i initially built this team to combat any cheese that they could bring - i especially knew i wanted ditto and perish arc. however, blanko subbed out, and my new opp wanted no caly, so i couldn't go with that. bacon built a few teams around lo dd zyg (credits to ice), so i decided to bring that + ditto + perish pool arc, covering most cheese they would want to bring. ended up going against prankster assist shenanigans, which arceus-dark literally completely walls. in the back, perish arc also would've demolished it. not really much of a game, but this win did seal our spot in playoffs, which was nice.

semifinals against geysers (W)
:zygarde::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus::arceus::zacian-crowned:(built by me)

this is where i started really prepping. looking through geysers' replays (and velvet's w1), i noticed that all of them got absolutely murdered by dd lo zyg. i wanted to bring it especially since i didn't get to reveal it the week prior. life orb on dd zyg is an absolutely fantastic tech because you 2HKO defensive arc formes with max quake/wyrmwind and take only 5% recoil, easily tanking judgment or blocking roar with +1 spdef, and basically no one would ever wisp or toxic there because of the fear of sub. this team is pretty weak to caly with only a mildly spdef arceus-dark as the check, but i figured i could outplay it. it's also weak to sd groundceus as you'll see. honestly me and bacon were having quite the tough time building because natdex is an awful meta to build for (it's pick your poison - do u wanna be weak to grounds, calyrex, zac, or ray?), so we were tossing around shit like latias and rillaboom. didn't bring them, thankfully.

i think i played this game basically perfectly. since i had no yveltal, i figured geysers would lead calyrex - at minimum, it would reveal that i had spdef darkceus, which is information, and at best, it would force a kill with np, so i led darkceus predicting that. i judgment'd then judgment'd again on the foul play, then switched out to zac on roost to prevent zac from taking damage. from there i doubled to zygarde on the ndm and the game fucking ended. ogre died, steelceus died, calyrex died, then dd ndm won. textbook game and i was extremely happy with this performance, especially since we were down 2-3 and i needed to win to secure a tiebreak. even after that i was actually still capable of losing to sd groundceus - +2 z-ground had about an 18% chance to kill waterceus at that range, after which i would've lost to it. i wisp'd predicting that he wouldn't go for it (since it wouldn't kill it i had more defense), only for it to turn out that he was earth plate and not z. nice!

semifinals tiebreak against fardin (W)
:arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::rayquaza-mega::arceus::yveltal::zygarde:(built by me)

i was honestly terrified at the idea of facing fardin in ag in a tiebreak. an extremely important game against probably the most in-form ag player recently? and prepping for him was also a nightmare, considering i could be going up against anything from thunder steelceus ho to hard shedinja stall (drapion stall now). so one day i was in the car when i thought of sd groundceus, but sub over recover. i figured this would be perfect to take advantage of fardin's predilection for lowkey passive mons like ferrothorn, wisp support arcs, and celesteela (fardin is still the only person to run celesteela, mono-hp ice celesteela at that). i also wanted fast taunt yve, again to stop any of those passive mons, and tossed on ekiller as a secondary check to caly in case it got out of hand. i also wanted to use mega ray, since i hadn't brought it yet (and it's broken). jolly ray in particular was something i wanted to use, since people were starting to run a lot of 341 speed arcs for max speed adamant sd arcs. i initially toyed with sky plate but it's pretty bad, so i just made it life orb. i prepped this tiebreak week entirely myself since bacon was on a camp trip and forgot to bring his phone :mad:(which is why i was in the tiebreak in the first place). something i found out: talking to yourself in a channel and losing your mind over ideas and walking into an important tiebreak game with a total of 1 test is oddly therapeutic

in the game itself i got an extremely lucky wisp miss that forced him to use his dynamax early. i do think that sub sd groundceus still would've had a really good shot at winning this game (especially since his initial switch-in was ferro), but him having to use his dynamax early meant he had no check for it left. sorry fard, u a swell dude.

finals against ice (L)
:shuckle::yveltal::arceus::eternatus::calyrex-shadow::groudon-primal:(built by bacon)

against ice, i didn't really have much of an idea what i wanted to bring. i ended up building like 5 teams that were all decent, not great, and ended up settling on this hyper offense that i built that i thought was really cool. bacon and i both thought that ice would most likely not use ditto and that he tended to default to some good defensive pivots like waterceus and ndm, which we could take advantage of, so i stole (i think fardin's) solar beam pdon to kill waterceus. while testing said hyper offense, however, bacon and i discussed some other options, which ended up with him building webs + meteor beam eternatus. i did a few tests with it and really liked the feel of it; it's a very solid offense team that i think is really nice if you don't run into ditto.

god punishes me for haxing fardin and ice brings the most disgusting stall i've ever seen. throughout this tournament i had myself tried to build stall and always come up short just because of how many threats there were to try not to lose to. i think ice's attempt here is basically as good a stall as you can get, but it still basically loses to bp caly and even np caly if you play right. i realised here that my np caly had a good shot to win this game, but i figured it was scarf yveltal, which it was. sd groudon would also be incredible in this matchup. the game started off great - gira being gone was fantastic for ekiller later on. i had the tech ice beam for zygarde, which worked differently in this game as max hailstorm CHUNKED quagsire on the switch. and then i made the absolute dumbest mistake of all time and miscalced against unaware quagsire - i thought max quake killed (i thought +2 and burn cancelled out so i calc'd at +0, forgetting unaware cancels +2 effect), so i went for it attempting to also catch rockceus on the switch. if quag died there, ekiller most likely got at least one more kill, either killing the rockceus or heavily weakening the yveltal, which would've let caly win. after that choke i had no way to heal my mons against scarf yve and couldn't break anything, so the game ended there. definitely my biggest regret in this tour, since with that win we could've secured the tiebreak and had a chance to take it.

some other ideas i thought about during this tour that i didn't end up using:
:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 52 Def / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot

sub disable caly is a very cool tech that i thought of to use against ice in finals. the evs guaranteed live spdef yveltal uturn, meaning you can sub pretty safely and get free kills. since most yveltals nowadays usually have have uturn + one dark move, you can easily sub + disable on the dark move unless it's snarl (rare). it's kind of the same as sub seed caly but you can use it in really cool ways against things like shadow claw ekiller and wall it even while switching in on it, and you beat all of those cm refresh arcs and even support arcs. really great tech that i'm sad i didn't get to use.

:ss/arceus-water:
Arceus-Water @ Waterium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Earthquake

sub sd waterceus was something i thought of, again, bringing against ice because i figured it would be totally unexpected and take advantage of things like ferrothorn and support waterceus that he liked to use. honestly it would've had a pretty good matchup against ice's stall if you play right with the z. this waterceus is jolly to sub on 341 arc wisp and absolutely destroy it. this was initially sub cm waterceus with sub/cm/judg/ep to do basically the same thing, but WSun1 suggested sd instead and i think it's very cool.

:ss/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer

ok boomer..... this is a product of me and bacon going insane attempting to check Broken Grounds zygarde and groundceus. it's not great. don't use it. bacon can use it because he's the goat, but no one else is winning with this thing.

:ss/latias-mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Healing Wish
- Roost
- Psywave

of course no bacon build is complete without mega latias..... for some reason. sorry bacon idk what u see in her but latias is pretty damn bad also

overall i had a lot of fun this tour despite my average record (3-3) though i do think i contributed well to the team (playoffs, semis, tiebreak, came short in finals D:) and i did like being part of this team environment with some cool ppl. thanks to BaconEatinAssassin above all for helping me with everything and being a great friend. good luck for your exams and the year ahead of you buddy. also thanks to Shivam3299 WSun1 for helping with ideas/tests in semis/finals. bacon and i built so many teams throughout the course of this tour but i'm not going to put them here because i ceebs now.

thanks for reading. natdex sucks. loti out.

Will

about you
is an official Team Rater
OMPL Champion
[13:48:39] i lack cranium ✿: can someone help me write a team dump post
[13:48:44] i lack cranium ✿: idk what i'm doing at all
[13:49:25] baconeatinassassin: what r you having trouble with
[13:49:35] i lack cranium ✿: starting it
[13:50:58] #pichus: just be straight forward dude
[13:51:04] #pichus: hello welcome to will's 100th post on smogon
[13:51:13] #pichus: today we'll link my favorurite ag teams

hello welcome to will's 100th post on smogon! today i'll be doing a long-overdue showcase of two of my favorite builds from ndwc. initially, i had no intention of releasing these teams as i typically don't like releasing my own builds, but i really wanted to do something special for my 100th post so here you guys go! just a note: there was a gentleman's agreement to not use calyrex-s in both of these games. anyways, i hope that the release of these teams will draw (if even a tiny bit) more attention to the less restrictive dlc1 ndag meta which is far superior to and way more enjoyable than the current dlc2 ndag meta.

week 3 vs cielbakasan (w)
:zygarde: :zacian-crowned: :eternatus: :arceus-dark: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon-primal:
(click on the sprites for an importable)

i was very adamant about bringing zacian-c and defog darkceus this week because i was convinced that cielbakasan would try to ho me. zacian-c and defog dark w/ wisp has a very positive match up against most hyper offense teams as lead zacian-c draws the obligatory dragon dance necrozma-dusk-mane out after the suicide leads have been killed off and defense invest wisp arceus-dark handles the threat while defogging the hazards for free. aside from that basic hyper offense resistant core, i'm a huge proponent of eternatus as it is such a powerful breaker, can serve as an intermediary pivot, and removes toxic spikes which would otherwise harm arceus-dark and groudon-primal which had no means of status removal. defensive dragon dance ndm is one of the best mon sets in all of national dex ag in my opinion due to its ability to easily win most mid-game scenarios with dynamax which definitely urged me to run groudon-primal as a rocks setter and ogre check to allocate moves for ndm rather than putting rocks on ndm and using several soft ogre checks with an extra breaker.

semifinals vs icemaster (w)
:zacian-crowned: :rayquaza-mega: :groudon-primal: :arceus-water: :arceus-dark: :necrozma-dusk-mane:
(click on the sprites for an importable)

for this game, i really wanted to bring a standard ray/zacian bulky offense team which would have a neutral mu against the balance/bo that ice had been bringing in previous weeks. specifically, i wanted to bring swords dance jolly lo ray because it breaks stall which was definitely a mu possibility and is my favorite ray set alongside mixed lo in dlc1. pdt the goat provided me with the skeleton of this team which consisted of a pretty standard ray/zacian, pdon, two support arcs, and ndm. the premise of this is pretty basic—ray/zacian are the team's primary breakers; pdon sets rocks, checks ogre, and punishes ray with dtail; arceus-water and arceus-dark form a solid defensive core that checks a multitude of threats, is able to make progress with perish pool, and defog hazards; necrozma-dusk-mane is the zacian-c check and can make mid-game progress with dragon dance. noticing that ice had a tendency for bringing ho-oh, i decided to run stone edge over earthquake on necrozma-dusk-mane but all of this speculation never ended up amounting to anything as dd ndm was never really used and ice didn't end up bringing ho-oh. the zacian-c spread is actually special because it creeps adamant zacian's speed tier while having enough bulk to live a geomancy'd max lightning from xerneas after rocks.

overall, i had a blast in ndwc and i'm glad that the us east managers gave me a chance to start in such an event. i really enjoyed the team environment and was very lucky to be able to meet more cool people from the us east region. huge thanks to everyone on my team for being so supportive and all of the friends that i endlessly bugged for test games throughout the tournament!

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm here to make a samples submission. This team has been incredibly consistent on ladder, and I managed to peak over 2K with a 96.1% gxe and a 160-22 w/l using this team for something like the last 140 games after clearing low ladder with webs.
Peak.PNG

Onto the team!
:ditto::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::kyurem-white::calyrex-shadow::zacian-crowned:

:ss/ditto:
This thing is just about mandatory on any ladder team, as it beats like 50% of ladder teams at preview. It helps so many matchups immensely, and also helps to improof Calyrex-S if the opponent has already expended their Dynamax. It also eases the matchup against bulky teams by providing infinite PP, but more often than not that isn't an issue because the team has enough offense.

The obligatory specially defensive yveltal, what can I say? It's slow enough to uturn after most opposing Yveltals to gain momentum, and it provides invaluable defog support while also helping to improof Calyrex-S and checking opposing Yveltal and Calyrex-S. Foul Play is nice to deter setup attempts from stuff like DD Necrozma-DM, Groudon, and Zekrom. U-turn is absolutely essential to this team, allowing Zacian-C, Calyrex-S, and Ditto to come in freely so much more often than they might otherwise be able to.

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Another obligatory mon, physdef Dusk Mane. Not a ton to say here, but Earthquake is super nice to beat Zekrom and to win endgames against opposing defensive NDM. It can also be nice to have a slightly more reliable way to damage Zacian-C, notably KOing it reliably after a CC. It's speedcrept to rk heavily chipped opposing NDM and also chipped Gothitelle.

:ss/kyurem-white:
This mon is broken! It's easily the best Kyogre check in the tier, and provides vital breaking power as well. It demolishes bulky teams by just clicking sheer cold and watching things die, while also serving as a backup Yveltal check in a pinch. The utility provided by reliably countering literally every Kyogre set cannot be overstated, and it really helps to free up the rest of the team to not have to worry about it. It also helps to pressure Zygarde and prevent it from going crazy, which is super useful.

:ss/calyrex-shadow:
This set is a tad unconventional, but it works wonders. Ladder players love their sucker punch yveltals as their only counterplay to Calyrex-S, so this takes advantage of that by allowing you to fish for suckers or stall out a Dynamax with sub. The general offensive presence of Calyrex-S is massive, and its ability to just completely 6-0 after an opposing check has been removed is patently ridiculous. This set can also use Substitute to generate free turns against stuff like Ferrothorn or Spdef Eternatus that might try to stay in to get a status move off, or against Yveltal that might try to uturn on a switch, as the uturn roll on a sub is in calyrex's favor. ( 0 Atk Yveltal U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Calyrex-Shadow: 76-90 (22.2 - 26.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO)

:ss/zacian-crowned:
Lastly, we have the big dog, the other stupid broken thing that 6-0es you if you lose your check to it. Assurance helps to bust through opposing defensive Necrozma-DM really fast, and it's improofed by the combination of Necrozma-DM and Calyrex-S, as Calyrex can take advantage of CC if Ditto locks into it, potentially sweeping in its own right. The last slot is pretty changeable, although running something like Swords Dance could jeopardize the Ditto matchup.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this team for samples; I think that it's far and away my most consistent build of gen 8 so far and is quite representative of the current meta.

E:
E2:
Peak.PNG

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
Since AGPL is almost done and I've heard that samples will be updated after it finishes, I've got another samples submission! This team is a very solid balance that has performed very well on ladder, although I haven't taken any screenshots of peaks. It's worked really well against the Geadens and allowed me to reach the mid 1900s and maintain that elo for quite a while.

:ss/yveltal::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/ho-oh::ss/kyurem-white::ss/zacian-crowned::ss/calyrex-shadow:

Yveltal is running a fairly uncommon wallbreaking set here, something which is disappointingly underrepresented in the current samples. Physical Yveltal is an incredibly potent wallbreaker and lategame wincon that applies enormous pressure to most balances and provides invaluable speed control through Sucker Punch. Roost gives it the longevity necessary to wallbreak reliably throughout the game, and Knock Off lets it force progress against a lot of bulkier stuff by removing Heavy-Duty Boots from stuff like Yveltal or Ho-Oh that might try to stay in on it. It's not as reliable of a Calyrex-S check with this set, so the rest of the team has been optimized to ensure that there's still sufficient counterplay present.

The NDM here is a pretty standard set, doing the normal Zac-check thing with the only thing really worth mentioning being the speedcreep, which lets it revenge-kill heavily chipped opposing Necrozma-DM, potentially after Zacian-C has heavily damaged it.

Ho-Oh helps to protect against Calyrex-S, serving as a pivot and potential emergency check to it. It also provides useful hazard control since Yveltal has forgone Heavy-Duty Boots, and helps to keep Kyurem-W healthy. It also checks Marshadow for Kyurem-W, which is very useful, and helps to improof Zacian-C since Wild Charge is a frankly awful choice for Ditto if Necrozma-DM switches in. Phazing helps to beat random cheesy baton pass strategies on ladder and deter setup attempts from random stuff like Toxic Zygarde.

Kyurem-W is the obligatory Kyogre Check, handling most common sets with ease, while also seriously pressuring bulkier teams with Sheer Cold. It also helps the Zygarde matchup since it can block setup attempts by most sets. It can also serve as an emergency Calyrex-S check with Dynamax should it become necessary, which it almost never does.

Zacian-C does usual broken stuff, taking advantage of this team's ability to stack up pressure on Necrozma-DM through Yveltal, Ho-Oh and Calyrex-S to be an enormous threat. Ditto isn't a huge issue since between Calyrex-S, Ho-Oh, and Necrozma-DM, it's pretty easy to keep under control.

Choice Scarf Calyrex-S rounds out the squad, helping to threaten Calyrex-S sets that can break through Yveltal, such as Specs and Life Orb while also providing general speed control, notably easing the matchup against Choice Scarf Kyogre. Trick should be used with caution against opposing Yveltal, since you'll likely be hitting it with a Knock Off from your own Yveltal, negating the benefit of crippling it. Aromatherapy helps ease the matchup against Eternatus and Ho-Oh, which could otherwise make tremendous progress by crippling Yveltal.

This team feels extremely solid and has performed well on both ladder and roomtours, and I hope that it'll receive consideration when you guys update samples! Have a nice day & thanks for reading this.

e:

Last edited:

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
Really dead thread so https://pokepast.es/0ee8077f60524812
Solid team of 3 + Yvel Etern Mdm that has seen huge tours and ladder success with a peak of 2148 by skarph that's pretty customizable depending on marsh's ghost move which broken you want to let your Etern check with it's resist berries Kyogre's item and natures on some mons. Pretty weak to Geo Xern esp dual Xern if you aren't bulky Zac because ogre marsh. If you go dd ndm you can put crunch on zac to fish for drops vs Ndm not be completely walled by random shed and avoid Lunala wisping you in some cases. DD Lorb Zyg is a problem that ice punch cant really help with if it sets up on dusk mane and dynas so you can probably use toxic if you are worried about that set and Dyna offensive ogre in return. Pretty weak to stall unless Chansey or Lapras as Ogre checks over Blissey/Shed so you can try taunt on Yvel and hope they choke. Good BO that is pretty easy to pilot but sucker for dual priority vs ladder offenses might be nice as well as trying to chip jolly band marsh because we have no safe switch-ins because Etern usually gets 2hkoed. Might edit more teams in later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)