Resource AG Team Bazaar and Showcase

Agpl team dump, I built way more than I ever have before for this tourn, none of my teams were recycled. I don't have my week 1 team rn and I'm too lazy to re-create it, I'm sure some goofball has the importable if u want it. Anyway, onto the teams I do have.

https://pokepast.es/76e67d1f87063f15 this is a regular don ho I built for week two vs Sets. I went through a bunch of diff mons for the last slot but finally decided on ho oh. The goal of this team was to look like a standard balance build, therefore upsetting the opponents lead. It then uses glare and twave support to slow the opposing team down and let the teams sweepers dominate. Overall a fun and solid team that can be interchanged with a lot of different mons to make it work in unique ways.

https://pokepast.es/7303ad19e99d899a this was my intended team vs grnbln. It's p much just a dare-you-to-bring-pogre where I slapped on sd Defog Waterceus to kill stuff it has no right killing. Would I use this seriously? No, I'm not even the hugest fan of this one.

https://pokepast.es/04e8b4f172173a16 my game one team vs terra. I did some terrible prep week four and I think this team exemplifies it. I obv prepped for pogre but didn't consider cm ground at all. In the game, I killed ground with outrage from zek before it could do anything, but then i just get reverse swept by xern cuz I opted for dtail> roar, another mistake.

https://pokepast.es/2e7b8577a1a72463 this game two team for terra originally had lo ice beam magic coat ekiller over pdon, but I ended up changing it later on for ladder use. Overall not a bad team, I just didn't play especially well that game.

https://pokepast.es/bba516c1fbd76318 the intended g3 team. It's something you can use if you're feeling quad arc balance, but I think I refined this concept a lot more in week 5(even though I lost that game). U get 6-0d by scarf ogre and dominated by pogre unfortunately.

https://pokepast.es/b7cc57f341a52fef these final three teams are probably the most innovative and fun to use, I'm quite proud of them. This one is specifically for the bulky balance mu. Be aware that if you're not facing that mu, this team doesn't operate nearly as well. Anyway, I'm using this jank Mkanga set that p much cleans balances with hazard stack. Free sub on bulky mons, yawn the switchin, yawn again, etc, until you can just win with seismic toss spam. Ferro has chople so I don't auto lose to geo xern, and I put twave> ice beam on ground for some much needed speed control. This is a rly fun team to use, and I encourage you to test it out.

https://pokepast.es/23066403556866bf zenithial spectating me vs ice must've had the time of his.life with all them ttar. This like I mentioned before, is a much more refined quad arc spam team. The biggest problem for this team is definitely offensive pdon and ekiller (both of which I got facing ice) but other than that, this team is a real annoyance to come up against and simple to play. It's not bad vs ladder since u got checks to ladder bs, definitely the easiest team out of the final three to use and have success with.

https://pokepast.es/922209e85fbce120 after being peer pressured for the entire fucking tourn, I brought heatran in my final game. This is a really solid team, and if you don't have the tools to break it, there's not much you can do but sit and wait for death. Yes, this team has problems with ogre, but it's fairly easy to get around since yve completely fucked it up, and gira can always land a toxic on it. This definitely has a sharp skill curve to utilize properly(as almost all heatran teams do) but I'm supremely satisfied with the team as a whole.

There u go, almost all my prep for agpl. I think a lot of these teams pushed me out of my comfort zone to win with, and the extensive prep every week 100% improves my building skills. Thanks for reading, I'll see you guys in ssnl!
Hi Goofball with the importable for mdb's g1 team here https://pokepast.es/f02d290e515f0e93
enjoy

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Alright, here's my team dump for AGPL:

https://pokepast.es/def767d66dc00a27 Team I used week 1 vs power, featuring CM Groundceus as the wincon. Fast rock move Pdon is a natural partner in order to lure Kyogre/Ho-Oh for it, and Tyranitar + Celesteela + Bold Fairyceus gives the team plenty of insurance against Mray for Pdon. Despite my loss, I think this build is very solid and I'm pretty proud of it, although if you want to use this consider changing Mray to Toxic > Defog and Fairyceus to Defog > Refresh (part of the reason I lost was bc I got hazard stacked and lacked a reliable Defogger). (I love this Fairyceus set tho bc it can just sit on support Dusk/Groudon/Ho-Oh which I find pretty funny.)

https://pokepast.es/91dfaabb1e7da9f8 This is a solid team that I was considering bringing to game 2, revolving around an offensive core of MM2Y + CM Darkceus. Most of the mons that can threaten them such as fairies and steels are grounded, so Spikes support is fantastic for them. Additionally, Skarm is able to take advantage of support Dusk which is one of the few things MM2Y can't 2HKO. Roar on Groudon is not just for Xerneas, it's also a great as a stallbreaking tool to break fatter builds once you get enough hazards down.

https://pokepast.es/8334c15b721de5e1 This is the team I actually brought for game 2, stole this from Unicorns (s/o to him for lending me his builder). I was looking for something with DD + DTail Zygarde and this caught my eye, so I decided to bring it. The opponent I expected to play (dandaman) seemed to bring a lot of offense in his couple of Ubers replays so I figured Marsh would be nice for that, and he was using a lot of Groundceus/Dusk so Waterceus also seemed like a good pick. However, laballade brought a fatter squad including resttalk ogre which was a fat L for this particular team. Would not recommend using this in its current state, you will want to put Mgar > Marsh to trap fairies/poisonceus and/or give it a proper hazard stacking engine for DTail Zygarde to be most effective.

https://pokepast.es/92d6d2a2685aa814 We were considering bringing DD Zygarde for MM's game vs lotiasite as well and I whipped up this, it's completely untested tho so use at your own risk.

https://pokepast.es/63a5d9b986648d92 Not related to AGPL but it's really fun so I'll share it here. The team features Scarf Zekrom + Koko to power up its attacks, Pogre + BandRay love Koko baiting in grounds/Ferro and U-turning on them. Physical Pogre specifically synergizes really well with these two, since it lures Pdon and checks Groundceus. Fairyceus is running Fire Blast to lure Ferrothorn since it walls most of the team.

Last edited:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Head Smash
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Electric]
middle. complete staller
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Brave Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Crunch
- Thousand Waves
- Thousand Arrows
Closer. use thousand arrows for flying types, and you'll be fine at half or below because of complete forme
Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
2nd or 3rd to last depending on battle. stat boost then unload
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Dragon Claw
2nd or 3rd to last depending on battle. spam oblivion wing to gain HP back from attacks
Rotom-Wash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
Opener. Try to get Hex boost from toxic
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Brick Break
- Flamethrower
- Power-Up Punch
- Fire Pledge
Speedster. try to stall then use baton pass

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Brave Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Head Smash
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
middle. complete staller
Brave Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Crunch
- Thousand Waves
- Thousand Arrows
Closer. use thousand arrows for flying types, and you'll be fine at half or below because of complete forme
Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
2nd or 3rd to last depending on battle. stat boost then unload
Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Dragon Claw
2nd or 3rd to last depending on battle. spam oblivion wing to gain HP back from attacks
Rotom-Wash
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
Opener. Try to get Hex boost from toxic
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Lonely Nature
- Brick Break
- Flamethrower
- Power-Up Punch
- Fire Pledge
Speedster. try to stall then use baton pass
Excuse me but did I see — crunch on zygarde? And head smash on aegislash? And excuse me but hp electric on yveltal? Uh you might wanna take a look at the sample teams or vr to get a good idea of what’s viable in ag. One more thing: Try to put teams in hide tags in order to avoid cluttering up the thread. Cheers!

Edit: this isn’t doubles, you don’t need two fairy STABs on geoxern. Try psyshock > dazzling gleam.

Levanos

Banned deucer.
Excuse me but did I see — crunch on zygarde? And head smash on aegislash? And excuse me but hp electric on yveltal? Uh you might wanna take a look at the sample teams or vr to get a good idea of what’s viable in ag. One more thing: Try to put teams in hide tags in order to avoid cluttering up the thread. Cheers!

Edit: this isn’t doubles, you don’t need two fairy STABs on geoxern. Try psyshock > dazzling gleam.
Crunch for psyspam teams, head smash for ho oh
wtf dude
his team is fine

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Hi, some sample submissions

Scarf Marshadow Balance

My Scarf Marsh balance is a team that can adapt well vs any playstyle. Band Rayquaza-Mega and Swords Dance Necrozma-Ultra are some of AGs most dominant breakers and supply this team with plenty of offensive presence. 3 Support Arcs are used because they are fairly consistent defensive walls to some big threats in the meta, which I'll explain in a broad way to save time. Arceus-Fairy is able to check Yveltal, Marshadow, Zygarde-Complete, and Rayquaza-Mega. Arceus-Water checks Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Arceus-Ground, and Groudon-Primal. Arceus-Poison is mainly for Fairy types and a general Toxic resist. Scarf Marshadow serves as a nice check to things such as Gengar-Mega, Ultra-Necrozma, Dragon Dance Rayquaza-Mega, and Arcs such as Steel, Normal, Dark, and Ghost. I call this team "Scarf Marshadow Balance" because it would not be able to function without it. The main purpose of Scarf Marsh is Pursuit, which enables you to kill off huge threats to this team such as Gengar-Mega, Necrozma-Ultra, and Lunala.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Liquidation
Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 156 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Perish Song
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic
Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Toxic
- Pursuit

Groundium Z Zygarde-Complete Balance

This team focuses on warding off any offensive threats with a sturdy defense, while pressuring the opponents checks to one of the most threatening sweepers in AG, Zygarde-Complete. Zyg-C being paired with Sludge Wave/Destiny Bond Gengar-Mega means you are essentially able to eliminate almost anything standing in Zygs way from sweeping after setting up Substitute and Dragon Dance. Frankly, every other mon present on this team are used for support purposes. Skarmory + Tyranitar + Gengar-Mega are able to effectively counter Rayquaza-Mega and Necrozma-Ultra. Arceus-Water acts as a blanket check to a vast amount of mon and Groudon-Primal holds the role as a primary Kyogre-Priamal and Xerneas check. This team really appreciates Skarmory setting spikes, as they weaken any potential checks to Zygarde-Complete switching ins and enable it to sweep.

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Roar

Shedinja Stall
shedinja.png

To be honest, it is hard to give a description of a stall team without typing for a very long time, therefore, I'm going to be very general about this. My Shedinja stall abuses some very strong hazard removal that allows me to fully take advantage of Shed. Almost nothing is getting them up on Ho-Oh + Gliscor + Arceus-Water + Sableye-Mega. I do not think people should play stall until they get a good feel of AG and start to recognize what sets certain mons run and such, so I will mainly go over certain evs and moves that this team utilizes and why they are optimal. The most bizarre one is probably Psycho Boost Lugia. I run it because it is able to OHKO Gengar-Mega, Marshadow, and Rayquaza-Mega at -3 SpD. My main concern for this team was Band MRay, so I had to come up with a way to effectively remove it. Taking away Whirlwind simply isn't an option for Lugia, and Psychic, Thunder-Wave, Dragon Tail, or Ice Beam weren't going to cut it. 8 PP isn't amazing, but this isn't a move that you will be needing extra PP for regardless. I'm using Sacred Fire on Ho-Oh over Flamethrower because burning and hitting Dusk-Mane harder is very important for this team, as Arceus-Water is unable to fit Will-O-Wisp. Speaking of Waterceus, Perish Song is absolutely necessary because last mon Calm Mind Arceus is a very big threat for this team. The Gliscor set allows you to run Guillotine but still not lose to MGar, so I dig it. Though the Sand Tomb set typically runs Taunt, Guillotine actually works just fine with it because you get to ensure a Guillotine chance on whatever mon you trap. Lastly, Mega-Sableye goes for Will-O-Wisp > Toxic because of the slight Necrozma-Dusk-Mane weakness, as well as Protect > Fake Out because Fake Out doesn't effect Tapu Lele, therefore Psychic Spam becomes a massive issue when Deo-A sets rocks. For some reason I did not mention this because I had thought it was obvious, but this team is purely defensive and relies on Guillotine Gliscor as main way to pressure your opponent.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Whirlwind
Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- X-Scissor
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Guillotine
- Sand Tomb
- Roost
- Defog
Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Whirlwind
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 88 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
- Ice Beam
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Aloha, I'm definitely not the BEST ag builder in the world but I think at least some of these are cool. Team dump from AGPL.

Built this for week 2 b/c my opp never ran scarfers or any shit like that, figured psyspam was free dub and even tho I choked so absurdly badly at the end I ended up getting the dub so it all worked out. Just psyspam HO, the first 3 are p self explanatory, I did knock in the last slot of deo-s for like bp w/ espeon n shit. Xerneas was next b/c it abused shit like marsh pursuiting something by getting a setup opportunity and really really loves how the psychic spam core chips down steel types so heavily. Solidified wincon and also abuses psychic terrain w/ Psyshock, letting it muscle past shit like Chansey and Poisonceus much easier. This slot is definitely the most flexible b/c I generally stay away from choiced mons on suicide HOs b/c they can give up momentum or pressure so easily with the wrong move being clicked, you definitely have to play aggressive with this to some extent or be prepared for consequences, but it's a general pivot and blanket safety button thingy with fast fp hitting stuff etc etc. Ultra Necro just abuses psychic terrain and is like really fuckin good, also giving a xern check if you don't go ultra, blah blah. Big fan of this team generally.

For week 3 vs terra I didn't do any scouting really or think too hard about prepping. The main idea was that terra's super prep heavy so I basically wanted to use anything other than suicide HO or webs which is all my AG scout prolly is. Thought of scarf yvel + gar b/c I play UU where scarf drei + nidok/gar is a fun core to build with basically the exact same idea behind it except mgar traps. Obviously w/ a core like this the first thing I have to think of is a wincon that abuses fairies being gone, so drag z dd zyg was my choice. The washing machine is obviously a fuckin piece of dogshit but it "walls" all the dd ray sets while giving defog and all that. Mag makes adds another pivot and great utility as a xern check and all that shit, heal bell is also super good for the team. Oh and pdon is just a rocker that keeps em up and does what pdon usually does, check ogre n shit, i wanted dtail for ray for sure, but i honestly copied the set from some other shit in my builder from like a year ago so don't question the fire punch.

So this week I was playing someone I knew absolutely nothing about and figured they didn't know much about me either. I scouted them a fair bit and they kept using this msab stall, and I wanted to use webs b/c I'm comfy with webs and figured I'd win with webs unless shitty mu. But b/c of the msab thing I went with Rimbombee as the setter, and with Quiver Dance + Baton Pass it opens up early sweeps with QD Yveltal :weary:. But yeah Lunala was the thing I built around b/c of my opp's preference for stall, Yveltal is p standard option in this slot next b/c it's webs and the ribombee thing I mentioned. Dark + Ghost core too. Pdon was the rocker of choice b/c it's fuckin pdon and w/ Eruption keeps rocks up very reliably. Fairyceus is here b/c I otherwise lose to marsh/yveltal/ray, ray being the primary thing there. Ray b/c it's fuckin ray, on WEBS.

Wanted to use marsh b/c neomon's scout indicated he was an arc spammer which means z move marsh has a good chance at winning in the right circumstances vs most of his shit. Did geng w/ it as the GHOST SPAM CORE and to trap the fairyceus and whatever else can threaten marsh. Did fatass zyg for Glare + Hex synergy and as another wincon that appreciates fairyceus being gone, it also can briefly blanket check a handful of things, shit like pdon being the main thing obvi. The next slot can be fairyceus if you're okay with the possibility of getting trapped or just losing to ghost coverage spam, but I went with Ice Beam darkceus for p much the same utility w/ a few drawbacks like checking not having the same damage output vs shit like yveltal, also hazard removal and all that blah blah. Spdef pdon was the rocker of choice to check xern and ogre primarily while giving rocks, and cele helps ray mu and non-thunder xern mu... also leech seed is honestly broken in this tier.

Thank you for reading.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a lot of things between OMPL and AGPL, won't dump absolutely everything (some of the teams I used were too mediocre to really be worth sharing, a couple things I might be relying on for seasonal now that college is back on and I've got even less prep time, and one or two teams I used came from other people like Funbot) but this was pretty much the last squirts of all my random ideas coming together. Perhaps it's me rationing out new builds and having multiple other metas to go play but I never had the same annoyances as others with regards to the meta feeling too stale and lacking places to go, all of my reusing came down to business or not liking the new things I made rather than being fed up with gen 7. I'm interested in whatever gen 8 might mean for the future of AG, but I won't look back on gen 7 feeling bad about how it went out (unless some shit really goes down in our last couple months). Anyway, sets then teams.

:ferrothorn::gothitelle:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 60 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Confide
- Charm
- Rest
- Taunt
Didn't love the team I came up for this concept but Spikes+Trapping is probably one of the most underexplored concepts in the meta. I get why Spikes aren't super attractive given our awkward long-term setters and the prevalence of things like Ho-Oh and Megaray but I still think there's just a lot of potential in what they can do to change the support arc matchup.

:Giratina-Origin:
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
This thing is usable, just on super specific teams since it won't outlast shit. Just like, consider it for more offensive kinds of balances and try to not expect it to beat anything in the long run.

:Lunala:
Lunala @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast

Not the worst thing I've used, you can sub up on incoming Darkceus and Ttar and offensive Yveltal and if none of that pans out you've still got a Lunala to do things with. Also it's really fucking funny.

:Tyranitar-Mega:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

I think I saw Hunter offhandedly chatting about this thing and decided to build with it? Super fun cleaner/breaker type thing, gets plenty of setup opportunities and will almost always trade with something. If it didn't take up a mega slot this thing would be B+ minimum.

:Rayquaza-Mega:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Aguav Berry
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

Never revealed this, it's like LO breaker ray but if you had more time to actually do LO breaking. 6.5/10

:Arceus-Fairy:
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

So what if you sacrificed any long-term usability to lure and kill something? That's all the concept is but it definitely works save the occasional SpDef DM. Poisonceus = lured though. Realistically it's like a 4/10 but also really fucking funny.

:Dialga::Groudon-Primal::Arceus::Arceus-Flying::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Rayquaza-Mega:
Fun Dialga offense, the potential weaknesses are fairly apparent but Dialga is a really unique way to go about handling early-game rocks that I did find worthwhile enough to bring out a couple of times.

:Deoxys-Attack::Arceus::Arceus-Fairy::Yveltal::Arceus-Ground::Groudon-Primal:
With all these weird jank offenses it's a wonder I put out a good record, let alone got wins with these things at all. Deo-A is another concept I think we dropped a little too fast, and again it's the power of a different type of leadoff rocker giving you different flexibility than something like an Excadrill or dedicated lead Arceus form that can make the concept worth working with.

:Kyogre-Primal::Arceus-Fairy::Marshadow::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Arceus-Poison::Rayquaza-Mega:
I think I used this enough to reveal pretty much every tech so might as well post it. Fun balance kind of thing using offensive rocks ultra and spout ogre to break stuff down with a reliance on Scarf Marshadow to cover myself vs all kinds of random cleaners. Not a perfect team but the kind of thing I adore using and absolutely worth giving a shot imo, its weaknesses tend to be a little harder to exploit than just "hit buttons with this one mon that breaks it", even if Groundceus does look like that much of a nightmare at preview I swear it isn't.

Had fun this AGPL, we definitely dropped the ball in the last week after a crazy strong group stage, but you guys are probably glad you didn't see the stupid shit I was going to use vs Cata if I got that g3. OMPL was nice too, I spent almost as much time playing non-AG metas but overall I'm pretty happy with the records I turned up.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
ORAS AGPL Team Dump

i had a really fun time playing oras ag again, it brought back a lot of memories, mostly good ones. was annoyed at people saying oras is inherently more uncompetitive than usum, or that hax played more of a part in oras, without any significant basis. usually it was teams without an oras main saying this, but i digress.

week 1 vs raj.shoot

https://pokepast.es/cb71fcb6434709db
old recycled stuff thank goodness memebird is powerful. not going to dive into this team much since i did in a previous post here.

week 2 vs absdaddy

https://pokepast.es/9fa947a0e4fab485
went into this game relatively unprepared like i did the week before, i wanted to lure subrai and specs arc is something no one with a brain would expect, killing the darkrai so early ensured that he couldnt do anything to my team, you could call it bad mu or you could acknowledge you shouldnt lead with and risk your teams only wincon, take a pick.

week 3 vs dontstealmypingu

https://pokepast.es/42a40ae10f5e774d
as the replay shows this team has no np rai check, because i am a dumbdumb. i was expecting dt rai and dt keys since thats all he seemed to bring the prior weeks, regen core solved this. naive me didnt bother accounting for the fact hes a good player and brought np rai instead. such is life

week 4 vs pigeon

https://pokepast.es/9627e37a3c2adf3f
robbed! anyway i had good mu this time, magic coat helmet deos against lazy ag deos was nice to have but it kind of didnt mean anything with the bunch of shtuff at the end >_< anyway had a fun time, this is pretty standard ho with a dbond gar, not much to say.

week 5 vs thimoo

https://pokepast.es/0b2e725735c773ed
thimo asked me prior to this match if i was gonna take it seriously since my team was already in finals, and i said idk. i just brought one of the most well known teams in oras and changed the sets to trick him. ended up 6-0ing but got lucky. not really hax wise since crit didn't matter on ho-oh but matchup wise. that being said i didnt really think i had a harsh mu vs anything so it was fine.

finals vs absdaddy

https://pokepast.es/d3d91ba6e2b19d03
if youre gonna bring defogless ho every week and expect not to be cteamed then youre an idiot. you complaining about getting matchupped is the stupidest thing ive seen. anyway lum shuckle since rai is obv more common than taunt in gen 6, lum terrak in back to force out lead rai / beat up ekiller which be brings every week. all around decent webs built in 5 mins but so was every other team here. ty to zard for suggesting taunt on terrak.

overall i had a lot of fun playing this meta again. i was initially sceptical of agpl happening but i enjoyed it despite not putting as much effort into it as i probably should have but oh well. hopefully everyone else enjoyed, would love to see it happen next year, with more diversity in formats due to gen 8 existing. shoutout to my team for being awesome and doing well, unfortunate last week but what can ya do.

Well I have a team for everyone here. The team wasn't originally made to have no Arceus, but it ended up happening, so I called it Atheist Balance. I don't ladder much, but this team has seen some success on tours.
Paste

Mega Rayquaza is the main wallbreaker, With a Choice Band, Mega Rayquaza can easily eliminate more difficult matchups to the team, such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and Celesteela. It's just an insane wallbreaker in general and granting a free switch can be deadly to the opponent.

Xerneas provides vital speed control and support to the team. It checks large threats to the team like Marshadow and Celesteela, which is already great, but Aromatherapy can remove Tyranitar's Rest timer and remove any status that may have crippled a teammate, and Defog can clean up hazards after their setter dies, allowing Pokemon like Mega Rayquaza to switch in easier. Unfortunately, because it is so useful to the team, there is a lot of pressure put on it to survive.

Primal Groudon is the physical wall and the Steel-type check, although it can be used in an emergency vs Xerneas. It is one of two Stealth Rock setters I keep on my team, and its ability to stop Primal Kyogre in its tracks is very appreciated.

Ferrothorn is the special wall and the Xerneas check. I also use it to defensively check Primal Kyogre. I keep Stealth Rock on both this Pokemon as well as Primal Groudon so I am able to set Stealth Rock in as many matchups as possible. It also provides support in the form of Leech Seed. You may change Gyro Ball to Power Whip if you would like a counter to Primal Kyogre instead of a check, though it hurts the Xerneas matchup.

Tyranitar is the mixed wall and the Mega Rayquaza check. Aside from checking Mega Rayquaza, it can also deal with other threats such as Ho-oh and Arceus-Normal, and provide speed control for teammates. Not much else to say about Tyranitar, it's just effective at dealing with offensive threats.

Marshadow is the cleaner and setup sweeper of the team. Bulk Up is surprisingly easy to get off, and then you can obliterate the wall in front of you. Marshadow is really great at cleaning up Arceus, as it can hit all of them at least neutrally, which is what makes it effective as a cleaner. It is also a very effective revenge killer, and with Xerneas can revenge kill almost any threat easily.

Thank you for reading this!

Well I have a team for everyone here. The team wasn't originally made to have no Arceus, but it ended up happening, so I called it Atheist Balance. I don't ladder much, but this team has seen some success on tours.
Paste

Mega Rayquaza is the main wallbreaker, With a Choice Band, Mega Rayquaza can easily eliminate more difficult matchups to the team, such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and Celesteela. It's just an insane wallbreaker in general and granting a free switch can be deadly to the opponent.

Xerneas provides vital speed control and support to the team. It checks large threats to the team like Marshadow and Celesteela, which is already great, but Aromatherapy can remove Tyranitar's Rest timer and remove any status that may have crippled a teammate, and Defog can clean up hazards after their setter dies, allowing Pokemon like Mega Rayquaza to switch in easier. Unfortunately, because it is so useful to the team, there is a lot of pressure put on it to survive.

Primal Groudon is the physical wall and the Steel-type check, although it can be used in an emergency vs Xerneas. It is one of two Stealth Rock setters I keep on my team, and its ability to stop Primal Kyogre in its tracks is very appreciated.

Ferrothorn is the special wall and the Xerneas check. I also use it to defensively check Primal Kyogre. I keep Stealth Rock on both this Pokemon as well as Primal Groudon so I am able to set Stealth Rock in as many matchups as possible. It also provides support in the form of Leech Seed. You may change Gyro Ball to Power Whip if you would like a counter to Primal Kyogre instead of a check, though it hurts the Xerneas matchup.

Tyranitar is the mixed wall and the Mega Rayquaza check. Aside from checking Mega Rayquaza, it can also deal with other threats such as Ho-oh and Arceus-Normal, and provide speed control for teammates. Not much else to say about Tyranitar, it's just effective at dealing with offensive threats.

Marshadow is the cleaner and setup sweeper of the team. Bulk Up is surprisingly easy to get off, and then you can obliterate the wall in front of you. Marshadow is really great at cleaning up Arceus, as it can hit all of them at least neutrally, which is what makes it effective as a cleaner. It is also a very effective revenge killer, and with Xerneas can revenge kill almost any threat easily.

Thank you for reading this!
You can change this mRay set withthis one:
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
since it helps you avoid getting locked in a single move and this set is quite unexpected and powerful.
Also this team is weak against a strategically used offensive pdon but a change in sets cannot remove that weakness. hope you know this
also there is no defog in the team.

You can change this mRay set withthis one:
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
since it helps you avoid getting locked in a single move and this set is quite unexpected and powerful.
Also this team is weak against a strategically used offensive pdon but a change in sets cannot remove that weakness. hope you know this
also there is no defog in the team.
I ran this set before and found it not really giving me more than band does. PDon gets murked by Waterfall on MRay so it's not really weak to it, it's not like PDon threatens a majority of the team. I've broken it with Marshadow before as well.
Xerneas has defog btw.

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
Hi, some sample submissions

Scarf Marshadow Balance

My Scarf Marsh balance is a team that can adapt well vs any playstyle. Band Rayquaza-Mega and Swords Dance Necrozma-Ultra are some of AGs most dominant breakers and supply this team with plenty of offensive presence. 3 Support Arcs are used because they are fairly consistent defensive walls to some big threats in the meta, which I'll explain in a broad way to save time. Arceus-Fairy is able to check Yveltal, Marshadow, Zygarde-Complete, and Rayquaza-Mega. Arceus-Water checks Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Arceus-Ground, and Groudon-Primal. Arceus-Poison is mainly for Fairy types and a general Toxic resist. Scarf Marshadow serves as a nice check to things such as Gengar-Mega, Ultra-Necrozma, Dragon Dance Rayquaza-Mega, and Arcs such as Steel, Normal, Dark, and Ghost. I call this team "Scarf Marshadow Balance" because it would not be able to function without it. The main purpose of Scarf Marsh is Pursuit, which enables you to kill off huge threats to this team such as Gengar-Mega, Necrozma-Ultra, and Lunala.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Liquidation
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 156 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Perish Song
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic
Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Toxic
- Pursuit

Groundium Z Zygarde-Complete Balance

This team focuses on warding off any offensive threats with a sturdy defense, while pressuring the opponents checks to one of the most threatening sweepers in AG, Zygarde-Complete. Zyg-C being paired with Sludge Wave/Destiny Bond Gengar-Mega means you are essentially able to eliminate almost anything standing in Zygs way from sweeping after setting up Substitute and Dragon Dance. Frankly, every other mon present on this team are used for support purposes. Skarmory + Tyranitar + Gengar-Mega are able to effectively counter Rayquaza-Mega and Necrozma-Ultra. Arceus-Water acts as a blanket check to a vast amount of mon and Groudon-Primal holds the role as a primary Kyogre-Priamal and Xerneas check. This team really appreciates Skarmory setting spikes, as they weaken any potential checks to Zygarde-Complete switching ins and enable it to sweep.

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Roar

Shedinja Stall
shedinja.png

To be honest, it is hard to give a description of a stall team without typing for a very long time, therefore, I'm going to be very general about this. My Shedinja stall abuses some very strong hazard removal that allows me to fully take advantage of Shed. Almost nothing is getting them up on Ho-Oh + Gliscor + Arceus-Water + Sableye-Mega. I do not think people should play stall until they get a good feel of AG and start to recognize what sets certain mons run and such, so I will mainly go over certain evs and moves that this team utilizes and why they are optimal. The most bizarre one is probably Psycho Boost Lugia. I run it because it is able to OHKO Gengar-Mega, Marshadow, and Rayquaza-Mega at -3 SpD. My main concern for this team was Band MRay, so I had to come up with a way to effectively remove it. Taking away Whirlwind simply isn't an option for Lugia, and Psychic, Thunder-Wave, Dragon Tail, or Ice Beam weren't going to cut it. 8 PP isn't amazing, but this isn't a move that you will be needing extra PP for regardless. I'm using Sacred Fire on Ho-Oh over Flamethrower because burning and hitting Dusk-Mane harder is very important for this team, as Arceus-Water is unable to fit Will-O-Wisp. Speaking of Waterceus, Perish Song is absolutely necessary because last mon Calm Mind Arceus is a very big threat for this team. The Gliscor set allows you to run Guillotine but still not lose to MGar, so I dig it. Though the Sand Tomb set typically runs Taunt, Guillotine actually works just fine with it because you get to ensure a Guillotine chance on whatever mon you trap. Lastly, Mega-Sableye goes for Will-O-Wisp > Toxic because of the slight Necrozma-Dusk-Mane weakness, as well as Protect > Fake Out because Fake Out doesn't effect Tapu Lele, therefore Psychic Spam becomes a massive issue when Deo-A sets rocks. For some reason I did not mention this because I had thought it was obvious, but this team is purely defensive and relies on Guillotine Gliscor as main way to pressure your opponent.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Sacred Fire
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Psycho Boost
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 88 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Guillotine
- Sand Tomb
- Lugia's move Psycho Boost can only be learned in past gens without Hidden Abilities.
I'm assuming psychic over psycho boost unless you want pressure lol

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
- Lugia's move Psycho Boost can only be learned in past gens without Hidden Abilities.
I'm assuming psychic over psycho boost unless you want pressure lol
yh… I realized that a bit after posting but was lazy to change loL ;;. I later made some edits since band mray would end up breaking too hard but im not tryna re-write anything:blobshrug:

updated pokepaste to psychic > psycho boost, thx

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
ill submit some sample worthy teams tooo!! heres my ompl team dump btw. most of these are counter team attempts though, so ill link the good teams w/ descriptions again in this thread.

Deoxys Screens Offense

:rayquaza-mega: :deoxys-speed: :naganadel: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :xerneas: :arceus:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 HP / 84 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 96 Def / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Arceus @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Rock Polish
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
this one is probably my best ompl build. the idea was to build around np naganadel on screens. deoxys was pretty obvious choice here cuz you get screens + rocks in just 1 slot. rayquaza is the best mega in ag and the ideal choice on hyper offense in general. added a xerneas because naganadel lures in steel types like dusk mane, magearna and ferrothorn which makes it easier for xerneas to sweep. with screens you also get a lot of set up opportunities so thats cool as well. i had to choose between sd groundceus, ghostceus or ekiller. decided to go with ekiller because it fits the best here, plus its the best out of the 3 sd arcs. im using a really cool dusk mane set here, double dance but with CM and stored power. this set lures in skarmories, ferrothorns, support arceus, giratina, pretty much everything lol. you just have 0 immediate power but its really easy to set up anyway. really happy with this team though, i feel like this is one of the most consistent deoxys HO in the metagame rn. oh btw, Double dance physical dusk mane can also be used here but keep in mind that youre wayy weaker to physical walls now. plus the team is wayyy more uncool.

Shuckle Webs Offense

:rayquaza-mega: :shuckle: :necrozma-ultra: :xerneas: :arceus: :yveltal:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Normalium Z / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 92 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Disable
another one of my favourites. webs is an underused playstyle but definitely deserves a sample imo. anyway, chose shuckle > smeargle because it is wayyy more consistent and z move dusk manes are pretty much dead now, which makes it really good again. i really wanted to use yveltal because i havent used it in really long + its super good on webs. using the big brain disable + taunt tech to shut down supportceus and stuff. obviously gonna use a sd rayquaza because its webs lol. shuckle cant really get rocks + webs up most of the time so i have a sd unecro with rocks for that. outrage photon isnt a great coverage but it works for sure. dawn wings as base so that i get a spin blocker. also have z move last resort ekiller to kill random supportceus which try to defog. yes I do have 2 z move users but you neverr end up using both of them so its fine. Life orb can be used if you dont wanna risk this lol. xerneas is the last slot because i have 3 physical attackers already and its the best special set up sweeper in ag.

MagShed Stall

:sableye-mega: :shedinja: :magnemite: :gliscor: :ho-oh::arceus-dark:

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Recover
- Protect

magnezone (Shedinja) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- X-Scissor
- Protect
- Baton Pass

nincada (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Level: 1
EVs: 21 HP / 21 Atk / 21 Def / 21 SpA / 21 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Taunt
- Sand Tomb
- Roost
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Flamethrower

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Judgment
"wtf is this!?!?" same honestly. i was trying to replace magnemite w/ shed on a magnemite stall which i already had and then i came across this idea. i figured 'why not just run both?'. i knew that ill need solid hazard removal because even 1 hazard on the field = bye bye to the 2 mons which carry this team. decided to pick sableye as the mega to deal with deoxys, gliscor to deal with excadrill and supportceus and ho-oh to support them. im pretty sure that the only mon which gets rocks up vs this core is judgment waterceus and its surely manageable if you play smart. added darkceus so that i can beat unecro, lunalas and dusk manes much more easily. my teambuidling was extremely narrowed with this magshed core from the start so it took literally 5 mins to make this. its actually surprisingly solid and has a good MU vs most teams. few notable weaknesses are rocks (or without rocks) erupt stone edge don and scald toxic pogre (i CANNOT beat this, it straight up 6-0s. like, just click x cuz you cant win). these 2 mons are extremely rare so youre good lol. but yeah, pretty solid team imo.

Swords Dance Ultra Necrozma Balance

:rayquaza-mega: :ferrothorn: :arceus-poison: :arceus-ground: :necrozma-ultra: :arceus-dark:

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Def / 148 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Outrage
- Earthquake
if you havent noticed, we dont have a sample team which has an Ultra Necrozma. 10 sample teams and none of them features the top3 dragon type in ag?! anyway, this is a pretty simple team which revolves around band rayquaza and sd unecro. Band rayquaza is usually always able to heavily chip random supportceus and pdons and stuff which help the other 2 sweepers on our team. defensive core features arceus-dark, arceus poison and ferro. darkceus deals with physical attackers and is my defogger. other 2 shut down pretty much every special attacker in ag. SD unecro is a pretty standard set. Outrage kills tina and sab so thats cool i guess. i have a groundium z cm groundceus (set stolen from megazard), which is my 3rd wall breaker. this dude also beats random support arcs and appreciates support from other 2 wallbreakers. really cool team honestly, one of my favourites.

Metronome CM Lunala Balance

:rayquaza-mega: :necrozma-ultra: :lunala: :arceus-poison: :arceus-dark: :arceus-water:

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake

Lunala @ Metronome
Ability: Shadow Shield
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Def / 148 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic
- Judgment

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Judgment
- Recover
another band ray + sd unecro team. this one has a wack lunala set but it kinda works honestly. cm + metronome moongeist beats the random cm arcs which try to beat you 1v1 or those who toxic and then spam recover. mostly you can get atleast 1-2 kills with this set. dont think i need to explain much about band ray and sd unecro, you know what they do lol. rocks Poisonceus because it annoys common defoggers like ho-oh and fairyceus with poison jabs and stuff. waterceus can defog on most rockers + its a solid defense wall in general. darkceus is perish pool to trap random steelas and ferros.

Mega Gengar and Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma Balance
:gengar-mega: :necrozma-dawn-wings: :arceus-fairy: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :ferrothorn: :zygarde-complete:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Photon Geyser

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
pretty straightforward team again. Gar is the main revenge killer here and im using Fmiss gar to lure in TTar and Darkceus which allows our CM Unecro to sweep easily. rest of the 4 mons make the defensive core. zygarde walls physical threats, fairyceus beats marsh and yveltal and is my main defogger. necrozma ferro are the specially defensive walls which beat pretty much every special attacker + they have toxic + rocks / spikes respectively which annoys tf out of balance teams.

I have others but i wanna save them for seasonal. probably gonna lose in the next 2-3 rounds anyway so expect more teams soon lol.

this is not going to be a team dump from agpl or ompl really, as I'm usually not satisfied with all the teams I use in tours with a few exceptions, of which they will be presented here. I'm just going to be submitting some teams that I either really like or think should be considered for samples, as that's really what this thread is about. So yeah hope you enjoy me rambling on about some teams I've built

Hyper offense

These hyper offenses aren't special in any way, but I thought I may as well submit teams of all archetypes and I do think these hyper offenses could potentially be samples.

https://pokepast.es/7abb9c21ba745060

Turned out similar to arushi's ho but would argue this is more solid and user friendly. Screens deoxys ho has been on the rise and I think is superior to exca ho, due to the fact mega sableye stall isn't that prevalent and excadrill is far easier to take advantage of. This deoxys-speed spread allows deoxys-speed to outspeed Mega Rayquaza after a dragon dance and has enough bulk to tank a scarfed dragon ascent, which are two very important bench marks. Every member on this team takes advantage of the screens support, making set up easier and far more dangerous. Dragon Dance Mega Rayquaza, Geo Xern and Ekiller are all staples on hyper offense and some of the most dangerous threats in the meta rn. The more interesting additions are Dusk Mane and Primal Kyogre. Dusk Mane is a really nice blanket to offense threats that could otherwise be annoying, such as DD Mega Rayquaza, Ultra Necroza and ekiller. It also provides a switch in to fairy moves as no other Pokemon resists fairy. I think it's especially good in the late game under tr where the opponent has lost defensive counterplay after being worn down by its partners. I thought about it for a bit but I think Primal Kyogre is a perfect last slot here. It helps against Pdon, Dusk Mane, and especially Ho-Oh, which could potentially all be annoying. It also has the right support, as screens means it can't just get bombed by Mega Rayquaza, and in addition to this trick room activated by Dusk Mane could potentially be extremely beneficial to Primal Kyogre. Dusk Mane can also be a decent Dragon ascent cushion if necessary, tanking 2 banded Dragon ascents at full. Primal Kyogre also acts as an excellent stall breaker which this team desperately needs, which means it can bypass the problem of mega sableye being an issue, as mega sableye is only really seen on stall. I've had some pretty good results with this team and is more than capable of dealing with any archetype in the meta rn.

https://pokepast.es/7ea18361f073c8dd

I built this team AGES ago, with the exception of smeargle > shuckle but it still holds up pretty well. This FEELS like the definitive webs in my opinion, I think webs gives you a lot of room to explore but I would consider this set of 6 mons a staple. I'm personally not a big fan of ultra necrozma webs at all; the main issue being is that it lacks the coverage to beat defog Yveltal and defog Darkceus while also being walled by Mega Sableye, which is annoying as this blocks your web setter. The only real way to bypass this problem is to use Outrage Ultra necro, but I feel it simply sucks too much momentum away which is just too important for a webs team. Webs is built around keeping momentum and keeping webs up but I feel outrage does not follow this mentality. In addition to this it still lacks the power to outright OHKO defog Yveltal and darkceus, so there's that. The main idea of using ultra necrozma I would assume is to bypass not being revenge killed by mega gengar, but frankly if you want that calm mind ultra necro is the way to go. Using other mons on webs feels a little more niche, it can still work all the same but is most likely subpar. I think shuckle is the web setter of choice right now, mostly due to the fact that solganium z is becoming much rarer in favour of ultranecrozium z. It could also be argued that magic coats arcs are becoming more common, which shuckle is well equipped to deal with, while smeargle cannot. Stealth Rock Swords Dance Primal Groudon prevents Waterceus and Ho-oh/giratina cores to defog quite so easily, which is why I think eruption don is somewhat subpar to this set, unless you ran 4 attacks don with solar beam or something but then you lose out on rocks. Having another rocker is very important due to the fact that shuckle is hardly ever getting both hazards up. Yveltal and Mega Rayquaza are staples on webs, SD Mega Rayquaza is an absolute menace and Yveltal on webs can be extremely annoying to deal with at times. Geo Xern helps keep some momentum, and I've decided to go with electric coverage over psyshock due to the fact it would allow defensive Ho-oh to defog and then ww, or if rocks are up fail to OHKO. It also hits cele which is a minor nuisance to the team, though can be overpowered by Mega Rayquaza and z ekiller. Z giga ekiller hits way too hard and is excellent at preventing defog from support arc forms and defensive Yveltal. A direct result of not running eruption don is that this team is very weak to skarm; just have to try and hit as hard as you can with ekiller and mega ray, or use yveltal and xerneas to force it out. I think this weakness is acceptable though to be better against waterceus and giratina.

Balance

Something that shocked me was the complete absence of ultra necrozma in the samples; luckily I have some ultra necro builds here.

https://pokepast.es/d727c2983ab10e7b

This team has a very good mu against everything in the metagame barring mega gengar stall. Band Ray and ultra necro are very powerful wall breakers that have a good mu against most stalls (except mega gengar as mentioned, as this is able to trap and eliminate both breakers). Primal Groudon lays rocks and checks pogre, electing to run dragon tail due to the fact dd mega rayquaza is relatively scary otherwise, but this allows it to not be able to set up on anything safely. Scarf Xerneas is for late game cleaning and revenge killing, with psyspam in mind as it is able to outspeed and get rid of threats such as np deo a and ultra necro, which darkceus might have a hard time dealing with alone. It is also particularly useful for marshadow which could potentially be a threat late game. Arceus-water tightens up the mu against groundceus, ho-oh and primal groudon someehat effectively. Arceus-Dark strenghtens defences against necrozma and provides defog support that the team needs. It's a pretty solid team that has answers for a lot of the meta and doesn't lose to one particular mon in particular, but could be broken by cleverly designed cores.

https://pokepast.es/bb17667300e404a9

I used this team vs skarph in ompl and was really happy how the team turned out despite losing. It has the basic idea of making the win conditions for ultra necrozma as favourable as possible; tyranitar to remove mega gengar, and mega gengar to remove fairyceus which would otherwise be able to revenge ultra necrozma after an outrage. Ho-Oh was necessary to make groundceus and mixed don much easier mus, and then groundceus to complete a reasonably solid defog core. Primal Groudon as last slot provides an additional Xerneas counter with Ho-oh and a much needed Pogre counter. Mega Gengar + tyranitar provides very good support for ultra necrozma and mega rayquaza which the team desperately needs. Low kick is elected over roar to be able to deal with last mon cm darkceus, which is otherwise a major threat. Losing roar really sucks as it makes trapping mega gengar far more complicated, as nothing else invites in mega gengar at all. An alternative team could be to use sub disable mega gengar for cm arcs and roar ttar to try and bring in mega gengar. However, Focus blast was additional support against tyranitar which is nice for itself, u necro and ho-oh, and also to hit darkceus which can save u necro having to use outrage. Sub is to get a much needed mega evolution off. The major flaw with this team is that it is somewhat passive and relies on u necro to do the breaking, but other than that I would say this is one of my most creative and inspired builds I've made in usm ag.

https://pokepast.es/887a593e295d9d37

Another ompl build that I was quite happy with. The main core was DD Mega Rayquaza + Pogre, as it is clear Mega Rayquaza can take advantage of all of Primal Kyogre's counters quite well, such as Pdon, Ferrothorn and blobs. Primal Kyogre is running a fast set with thunder over cm spout mainly to make pogre a slightly better mu, and partnered with mega rayquaza while the mu is harsh I don't think it's impossible. Zygarde-C and fairyceus provides some much needed Mega Rayquaza support for pogre, though mixed ray is still difficult to handle. Zygarde is able to deal with most physical threats such as pdon and sd arcs, and partnered with fairyceus the team can handle marshadow pretty well. Darkceus provides counters to ultra necrozma, and is equipped with wp perish song to deal with cm refresh darkceus and ferrothorn. Lastly, spdef mane is a really solid stealth rocker that counters xerneas, gives the team a fairy resist and makes psyspam a somewhat winnable mu.

https://pokepast.es/e96050439e382041

Another team I used vs skarph in ompl, and what I believe is one of the few mmy builds that actually is pretty solid. mmy and ultra necro work extremely well together, as mmy is able to remove darks such as Yveltal and Darkceus while ultra necro can remove mega sableye and lunala if shadow shield is broken with outrage. Zygarde and fairyceus again provide good mega ray support for roar primal groudon, that could be essential to keep healthy to counter xerneas. Zygarde is also important for primal groudon and marshadow as that's something that can pressure and force mmy out. Lastly, cm refresh darkceus pressures balance extensively and helps chip primal groudon if that is used to force it out. It also appreciates the removal of darkceus by mmy as it could potentially be also running cm refresh or perish song which stops cm dark in its tracks. I think cm ground is manageable with cm dark, toxic fairy and mmy/u necro, so i think it has the tools to outplay this mon even if it looks great on paper. Mega Gengar is also a pretty major threat, as it is able to trap fairyceus and ultra necro, but in general mmy itself can tear mega gar teams to shreds, so that is the main wincon in that scenario.

https://pokepast.es/ac53d73081206dcf

Used this in ag ssnl literally this week, and am pretty happy with how it turned out. The most notable thing is probably no ground type, which yeah doesn't seem good but think it's o k. The core I wanted to build around was cm spout pogre and ttar, as ttar could provide a nice flying resist which could prove handy for mega rayquaza. The next addition was mixed rayquaza; I elected for a mixed set over band or dd due to the fact it's much better equipped to deal with tyranitar. This was on my mind as tyranitar could potentially be a pain for lunala, as with correct predictions ttar is able to eliminate lunala as foul play does about 85 after shadow shield is broken by sandstream, and if you switch pursuit is an OHKO. These 3 mons have an extremely good mu against stall and packed some wall breaking power, so I just went about making the team more solid. Perish song Poisonceus acts as a much needed fairy resist/toxic immunity and is able to deal with last mon cm arcs that ttar would have roared out earlier in the game. While wp perish song would improve the ferro mu, I elected for wisp still as I didn't want another mon that was weak to mega rayquaza and I thought cm spout pogre would be able to obliterate ferrothorn anyway. Defensive lunala shores up the pogre mu further and along with pogre is able is able to cover dusk mane and ultra necrozma. Lunala is also necessary as a defogger and also provides support against Pdon which is nice when a lot of mons struggle to it. Lastly, fairyceus is a much needed counter for marshadow and zygarde, and as the team still needed a rocker fairyceus provided that. It could be argued this team is weak to poisonceus, which I think is a fair complaint due to no ground but I think if you can trade wisps with poisonceus then mega rayquaza/pogre/tyranitar are all okay for it. wp perish song is another beast entirely but mega rayquaza can threaten it much more easily and tyranitar can roar it out if need be.

Stall

https://pokepast.es/f79330171afa54f7

I used this stall vs pg in ompl, and yes while I should have lost that game and this is by no means a perfect stall, it does have its merits. Mega Gengar + Skarmory + tyranitar means mega rayquaza is not really breaking through without a pursuit trapper for mega gengar. Ho-oh + groundceus forms a pretty solid defog core and checks pdon for the most part, but tomb eruption is the main menace. I guess you can try and use chansey to check it as blades is doing about 50 but overall really tough to deal with. Skarmory is mainly used for dd ray, sd arcs and u necro which are all imperative for the team. chansey is obviously for cm arcs, pogre and xerneas, and ttar is for solid pursuit support for chansey and skarmory. The lack of perish song makes cm rest ogre + cm refresh arc or z geo xern + cm refresh arc pretty impossible, and while dbond gar tries to remedy this it doesn't really work as it needs sub. destiny bond is useful for stuff like banded outrage ray though where you can't rely on sub for defence drops. While these are pretty big weaknesses for a stall team, I think it functions pretty well and hunter did nick it and use it for a couple of tour games with some success so it's certainly not a bad team overall.

:shedinja:

https://pokepast.es/31069163ae00d375

May as well submit my own shed stall. Mega Sableye is almost essential, it helps stop lead rockers like deo s and makes psyspam an auto win. In combination with defog ho-oh, defog waterceus and defog skarm there's basically no way any rocker is keeping em up. Ho-oh with the extra spdef evs means it can check and ww out hp rock geo xern, and helps support skarmory against dusk mane. Perish song waterceus is for last mon cm arcs that ho-oh has ww'd out such as flyceus and darkceus. iron defence defog skarm takes care of sd don and ultra necro. With rockceus it forms a pretty solid core to deal with mega rayquaza, however band rayquaza is probably the biggest threat. You pretty much have to go rockceus on the outrage, wisp and then die, allowing waterceus to wall it thereafter. This is a pretty good plan, but if they got aroma support in the back such as scarf xerneas then god help you. Other major issues include cm rockceus, toxic pogre and pursuit marshadow, as perish waterceus is only a short term answer in a long game against cm rockceus, but thought it would be fun to share this anyway as I don't think it's complete garbage.

:magnemite:

https://pokepast.es/3857e6a08a30a309

Couldn't help but submit a magnemite stall as well. Magnemite plays a pretty important role as it's necessary for mixed and band ray, and also makes the team able to deal with cm spout ogre, as it can be switched into after a toxic from chansey. Ho-oh + Skarm + Waterceus is a super solid defog core, the only issue with it is that without mega sableye leads such as deoxys-speed is able to get rocks up which could be challenging to get off thereafter. Psyspam is also an impossible mu, which would be fair as a reason not to sample this stall, along with the fact it has got magnemite. Those 3 mons check a large portion of the meta, including pdon, both necrozma forms, sd arcs and marshadow. Tyranitar provides pursuit support for chansey, waterceus and skarm, while also making yveltal more manageable along with Ho-oh. Chansey wraps up the team by dealing with special attacks, like cm arcs, pogre and xern etc. Another decent stall, but as with all stalls is by no means perfect.

This concludes my team dump; which could very well be the last, which is scary to think about. Might submit some teams after ssnl is over but not sure, guess we'll see. Sorry if there are spelling errors and stuff like that, this post took ages to compose and I can't be bothered to look back over it rn. pce peeps and keep it real

e. if you saw the sprites in a column not a row you were just imagining things I promise

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)