Announcement Aegislash is now banned from SV BSS

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The BSS Council held a quickban vote on Friday, the first since the Mega Kangaskhan suspect test in gen 6.

Here are the results:

cant sayPsynergychemcoop
:aegislash:Do Not BanBanBan

For something to be banned at this stage of the metagame, we require a supermajority of 2/3 votes. With our current 3 members, at least 2 out of 3 votes need to be ban votes. We believe this process leads to only the most definitively ban-worthy presences of the metagame being removed, but please message Psynergy or chemcoop if you have any further questions on the process. Worth noting that it's possible we reevaluate this Pokemon upon the release of Pokemon Home later this year. Since Aegislash met that 2/3 threshold, it is now banned from SV BSS, effective immediately.

:aegislash: Aegislash :aegislash:
Aegislash dipped in usage last generation after its Focus Sash + Close Combat set started off quite popular. This was due to it not being a strong Dynamax option as it could not revert back to Shield-forme while maxed. So instead, Aegislash moved from Galar to Aeos Island to play Pokémon Unite instead, where it also had a slow start due to it being its first MOBA. It’s attacks were also quite weak upon release, but after it received a buff and its Noble Style holowear, it became a top tier All-Rounder.

We were hoping that the release of generation 9 would see Aegislash’s usage start to rise again, so we held off banning it in the meantime. Unfortunately, GAME FREAK decided to Dexit Aegislash, probably so that Gholdengo could have a niche typing or something… This is for the best though, as Aegislash doesn’t have the time to grind for Tera Shards or EV train like it’s generation 5 anyway. He’s an old man now. For this reason, Psynergy and chemcoop decided banning Aegislash was more dignifying than letting it sit at the bottom of the usage stats.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay for real though I am retiring from my position as Battle Stadium Co-Leader, and chemcoop is taking over!!

I’m really proud of what I’ve done for this forum and it feels weird to not be leader anymore. Even though I really haven’t done anything for a while!

I’ve been involved with this forum since it was the Global Battle Union in gen 5. I became leader in like gen 6 I think (Hulavuta will correct me here). Since then I was part of getting BSS analyses started up, got our circuit classified as ‘official’ with a ribbon badge as the reward, promoted to super moderator on the forum and global mod on Showdown, helped revive Smogon social media, and then just sat on my fat butt while Hulavuta, Psynergy, Dragonwhale and chemcoop did all the hard work!

I’ll still be around, but chemcoop has well and truly earned his spot and it wouldn’t be fair to keep holding onto it.

I just want to do a quick shoutout to some people who have been a big help along my ‘smogon journey’

Hulavuta Psynergy chemcoop DragonWhale Theorymon Lego NOVED Solerme dave Zodiax Lumari shiny finder DHR-107 Codraroll IronBullet

Like I said above ‘aegislash’ is an old man now. I’ve been around way too long to remember everyone, so if you feel I’ve forgotten you I’m really sorry! But I’ve loved contributing to this little subforum. It unironically improved my writing skills more than English class in school lmao.

cheers

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I know I usually just tend to meme around and make fun of people but I genuinely want to say thank you for everything you have done for the BSS community. BSS is something I am extremely passionate about and I am so thankful for people like you giving so much to congregate a community for the 3 western BSS players. Hopefully I see you around the BSS server more. Good luck on your future prospects my dude ❤

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
ty for shoutout, "we haven't talked in forever i know" but i really enjoyed watching your rise way back when and am still impressed with where you managed to get this section from pretty much literally nothing. hope all is well with you

also battle maison squad wooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)