ADV Cup VII - Finals [won by McMeghan]

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion

1522641836503.png

Logo by MiniArchitect

ADV Cup Finals

Let's find out who's the best at the best generation, now with 100% less Mr.Mime shenanigans.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard ADV OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
This is just a small snippet of the full rules, which one can find here!

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Baton Pass Clause: Limit teams to a maximum of three baton pass users and bans Baton Pass on Smeargle.
Pairings:

CyberOdin✝ vs McMeghan
CyberOdin✝ vs  Teclis
McMeghan vs Teclis

Good luck to the finalists! Please contact your opponents and schedule in a timely fashion. Feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions or concerns!

Replays are mandatory!!
Deadline for extension will be October 6th 11:59pm GMT-4.

Deadline for Finals will be October 10th at 11:59pm GMT-4.

Last edited:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
McMeghan

R1:z0mOG
R2: Gochan
R3: afakedugong
R4: RealJester
R5: Dizno
Quarterfinals: ziloXX
Semifinals: Star

Teclis

R1: Lyss
R2: Nelson
R3: RLplayer
R4: Mushi Musha
R5: Kenix
Quarterfinals: umbry
Semifinals: Aliss

CyberOdin✝

R1: oversway
R2: watashi
R3: Exiline
R4: devin
R5: Justamente
Quarterfinals: Bushtush
Semifinals: Dragon Claw
Some nice rounds overall from these players, any would be a deserving winner. Do let us know when you are playing, good luck everyone! :toast:

Last edited:

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
With Odin not being able to play this week-end and the extension request having been kindly approved, we will be having an ADV Wednesday on the 13th from 3PM EST/9PM GMT+2 onwards. Here is the program:
  • Odin vs. Teclis
  • McMeghan vs. (winner of Odin vs. Teclis)
  • McMeghan vs. (loser of Odin vs. Teclis)
Hoping for some good games! :heart:

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
won against Odin in three close ones & lost again Roro in two, ggs.

Making a decent run in the ADV Cup was pretty much the only thing I hoped for during this Classic, and I could hardly have asked for something better than getting to dispute the finals with two great players like you guys. Congratulations Roro; I would not be able to name a single Pokémon player I have more respect for, both skill and character wise and I'm always glad to see you succeed, even after all those years.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me preparing, testing, or cheered for me during the later rounds - you know who you are. Words can hardly express how grateful I am for your support. I wish you all the best!

And to anyone spectating, if you have not played ADV yet, give it a try. It is as close to a "perfect" metagame as it gets, there are plenty of resources to get started and the community is the best I've got to know in 8 years of competitive Pokémon. Everything you need is here, so don't hesitate!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Won vs Teclis and Odin, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-586351 (shout-out Mana)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-586376

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-586430
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-586465
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-586512 (shout-out Gacu)

G1 vs Odin was a chokefest on my hand, but I'm glad I didn't tilt after that and recollected myself. Obviously happy to have won this tournament twice now, with a pretty good run at that.

Best gen & best community, cheers everyone.

CyberOdin✝

¨ I will persist ¨ ❤
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
I do not speak English, I am leaning on Google Traslator, I just want to say that many thanks to both of you for such fun games, I enjoyed each of the games literally, they were very exciting, the best I had in the entire tournament, with two main mains, I hope we can continue to run into other tournaments and have as much fun as happened in this final, Adv is a very cute and fun generation that demands a lot of concentration and strategy, and like DPP, it is rich in variety even though the same Pokémon are seen.

I want to thank Sadlysius, Jhonx~ y Make https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/make.68/ ( The Forum does not give me a reference when I make you @ ) What to say about you that you no longer know, I love you very much, thank you for the support you gave me in each game and in the training sessions, this encourages me to continue improving to become stronger and one of the best.

thanks to all those who gave me support in the threads giving me encouragement, simply anyone could have taken the cup and I am not wanting to fulfill the expectations of others but I hope it is the next one, encouragement and that they have success in whatever they do or try highlight.

Congrats McMeghan and congrats Teclis They did it very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)