Resource ADV Bug Report Thread

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Hi, please post any ADV-related bugs you find on the simulator. Someone will fix them at some point maybe eventually, probably! :blobwizard:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Marty can we get a response on the above, at least for ADV? One of ADV's most important tournaments has just started and it will be good to see this mechanic addressed. Thanks!
Oh sorry, I just saw this now. Tagging me on the forums is only a good way to get my attention if I log in more than a few times per week to check notifications. Sending me a PM here or on Discord, or inviting me to any secret ADV Discord servers would at least get my attention the same day.

Anyway, this was trivial to fix; Beat Up was just inheriting everything from Gen 4, including the explicit Physical category. Fixed next update!

Edit: I notice Gen 2 was explicitly wrong so I fixed that too.

Last edited:

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Anyway, this was trivial to fix; Beat Up was just inheriting everything from Gen 4, including the explicit Physical category. Fixed next update!
Is this commit which 'fixes' Beat Up behaviour now live? If so it might have broken something else.

This match was played about 4 hours ago, and on turn 5 you can see a Dugtrio does ~3% damage to a Blissey, when from what I can gather it should be doing ~50%.

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
Is this commit which 'fixes' Beat Up behaviour now live? If so it might have broken something else.

This match was played about 4 hours ago, and on turn 5 you can see a Dugtrio does ~3% damage to a Blissey, when from what I can gather it should be doing ~50%.
Whoops, very sorry about that. Turns out it wasn't as trivial as I thought; since it was changed to a Special move it also has to replace the Special Attack and Special Defense stats instead or else it's just a Bullet Seed with Dark flavour and a Beat Up number of hits.

I've hotpatched main and restarted SmogTours so both servers have these fixes now. I also thought there was a Gen 3 bugs thread in this forum / the new ADV one, but if there isn't I'll make one and move all these posts there since they don't belong here. :blobthumbsup:

Not a bug exactly but Castform is missing its shiny gen3 shiny sprite on Showdown. It's purple with gold eyespots. When you select for shiny Castform it's just the default coloring again.

I've been aware of this for a year now but nothing's been done. Not sure who would handle this, but it should be an extremely quick fix just grabbing the sprite from Bulbapedia and putting it in the sprites folder.

I didn’t see any problems in this replay? The opponent roared out the +4 celebi after it used bp

I think its a visual bug on my end; the boosts aren't showing up even before the roar, but they're obviously there in the replay. apologies, and thanks for your help

For ADV doubles:

1) Hidden Power Electric is supposed to ignore Lightningrod. This is known as it was abused in Battle Road 2005 tournaments to beat Marowak+Gyarados (source at the bottom of the page). Replay

2) Shell Bell seems to not take into account damage for spread moves properly. See this replay, turn 4. It seems to only be counting the damage dealt to the ally.

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
For ADV doubles:

1) Hidden Power Electric is supposed to ignore Lightningrod. This is known as it was abused in Battle Road 2005 tournaments to beat Marowak+Gyarados (source at the bottom of the page). Replay

2) Shell Bell seems to not take into account damage for spread moves properly. See this replay, turn 4. It seems to only be counting the damage dealt to the ally.
second one is interesting. for some reason in gen 3 rn, if:
- the used attack targets all others, then if:
-- the ally fainted, then the user is healed by 1/8 of the damage taken to ko the ally
-- the ally did not faint, then the opponent that took the most damage will be used to heal

- the used attack targets both opponents only, then the left target's taken damage will be used to heal

gen 4 does not have this bug, though, and i refuse to go above that at 3am. this also hurt to figure out.

Last edited:
For ADV doubles:

Any update on these two?

Here's a couple replays of Shell Bell in action in XD:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx9n1RzRnZAef3ACMV9Rs32mwd8kQfVvvL?si=MJgEA8vYFJw98KJZ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)