Invalid Add a third pokemon viewing option besides sprites and models

On showdown we currently have two options to use, sprites or models. Both of the models and sprites take hard work by volunteers to be created, meaning that for both sprites and models a lot of pokemon end up with placeholder images until they have a custom made model or sprite to take its place. For instance here is meowscarada's placeholder that I nabbed off the server:

meowscarada.png

Since these are uploaded to the servers anyway, could it be an option to let users use these for all pokemon instead of using the sprites or models? I think these are gen 9 exclusive, but that would at least allow you to play any current non-natdex generation with them.

Another possibility that would keep natdex in the loop would be to add all the pokemon home png's, but I don't know if that takes a lot of effort/server load/copyright issues. I could not find anyone suggesting this since 2020 when it was deemed unneccesary as the sprite and model projects had a lot more volunteers with free time that year than they have now, so it might be worth consideration also.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Gonna second that, not really sure this is necessary for the same reasons as before. Closing, have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)