Serious Acne and skin issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had acne for a while but the last 2-3 years have been rather kind to my face. I sometimes have small outbursts on my forehead but nothing more than that. I think me taking better care of my nutrition and largely skipping on sugary stuff did that

I have some condition where the hair follicles are like over the skin or something, at least that's what my dermatologist told me. It's only affecting my triceps area, some parts of my thighs feel rough when you touch them but nothing's visible there. It looks like a mix of freckles and acne. Looks kinda ugly and it's untreatable as it's a gene defect, but I can live with it

I've been going on the elliptical machine everyday in the gym for an entire year now for 500 calories burnt or 1hr (depending on which one comes first) and I've realized that cardio is secretly the elixir (figuratively) as we as a preventative measure to a lot of health problems and that certainly includes problems with acne and skin. You want your metabolism to be at top notch to ensure your body can detox and eliminate harmful toxins and waste products in the highest speed possible and cardio is surprisingly great to promote that.

also paired that with minimal caffeine consumption, sunscreen, limited exposure to high frequency UV light as well as at least a reasonably healthy diet with a decent amount of collagen within your macros and you'd be going your merry way.

Unless your doctor or therapist recommends it, 9 times out of 10 you definitely do not need to be paying premium prices for expensive treatments and brands for healthy looking skin if you have a reasonably healthy diet and lifestyle. It's a cheeky yet clever marketing gimmick by the health and beauty industry to charge you an arm and a leg for one of their serums and cleansers.

But all of this is just my personal experience of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)