AbNormal V2 [Submission Phase]

New type: Psychic/Dark
New moves: +Dark Pulse, +Memento, +Parting Shot
Justification: Oranguru uses its cunning mind to try bend other Pokemon to its will.

New type: Silvally's Memories are changed through a form change and do not take up an item slot (similar to Rotom). The memories cannot be removed, only changed. Silvally keeps Type:Null's ability, Battle Armour
New Moves: +Recover (Psychic), +Extreme Speed (Fire), +Stealth Rock
Justification: Silvally's RKS System is now a intrinsic feature of it design. This allows Silvally to fully realise its potential in fighting Ultra Beasts without restrictions.

New type: Steel
New Moves: +Recover, +Stealth Rock, +Yawn
Justification: Type:Nulls is forced to wear a metal mask which restricts its ability to fight. It loses both its mask and Steel type when it evolves.

Revelation Dance
New type:
Varies/Flying
Justification: Birds often dance as a part of their mating rituals. Revelation Dance still takes on the users primary type but adds Flying to the effectiveness of the move (like Flying Press).

Spotlight
New type:
Dark
Justification: This move tricks opponents into attacking the user's ally.

Me First
New type:
Psychic
Justification: Since the user executes a move before its target, some sort of mind reading must be involved.

Oranguru: Esotronic, ToadBrigade
Type:Null: AquaticPanic, Esotronic, Toad Brigade
Silvally-Normal: AquaticPanic, Cookie Butter, Esotronic

Revelation Dance: Aquatic Panic, Toad Brigade
Spotlight: Cookie Butter, Toad Brigade
Me First: Gravity Monkey, Toad Brigade

(pretty sure every submission got a vote from that)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I guess we aren't getting any more votes after all.
Gumshoos
Ground/Fighting +High Horsepower, +Sucker Punch, +Retaliate (By ToadBrigade)
Oranguru
Psychic/Grass +Giga Drain, +Leech Seed (By Estronic)
Type: Null
Null +Recover, +Nasty Plot, +Extreme Speed (By AquaticPanic)
Silvally gonna do a tiebreaker for this one because I don't want to make myself win so easily, Null or Steel/Water
Revelation Dance Flying (By AquaticPanic)
Spotlight Fairy (By Cookie Butter)
Me First Dark (By Gravity Monkey)
Multi-Attack Same type as Silvally-Normal (Null or Steel/Water)

Next slate. We're so close to finishing Gen 7.
Komala
Drampa
Alolan Raticate line

Tearful Look
Pulverizing Pancake

Tiebreak: Null

New type: Grass/Poison
New moves: +Synthesis, +Grass Whistle, +Gunk Shot
Justification: Komala uses it's wooded stump to attack to attack. Koalas ingest a specific variety of eucalyptus leaves that are extremely poisonous to most animals.

New type: Dragon/Fairy
New moves: +Moonblast, +Moonlight, +Misty Terrain
Justification: Something that comes down from the mountains to play with children and protect them (and also burning bullies' houses) sounds like something straight out of a fairytale that would be told to a child.

New type: Dark/Grass (pre-evolutions: Dark)
New moves: +Spore, +Strenght Sap, +Seed Bomb
Justification: Alolan Raticate ate so many gourmet mushrooms, it started to take on mushroom characteristics.

Tearful Look
New type:
Fairy
Justification: Most Pokemon that learn it are in the Fairy egg group. Tearful Look uses the same graphics in its animation as Baby Doll Eyes, a fairy type move

Pulverizing Pancake
New type:
Psychic
Justification: Snorlax is a Psychic type in this Pet Mod.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Okay so Null-type Silvally wins, and we now have a Null-type move (Multi-Attack) without Z-move. I'm just going to make Breakneck Blitz into Null-type so Silvally can use Z-Multi-Attack if it wants.

Pokemon: Komala
New type: Grass/Psychic
New moves: +Slack Off, +Sleep Powder
Justification: Rest and sleeping is associated with Psychic, and it's holding a wood log, also making it Grass.

Move: Pulverizing Pancake
New type: Dark
Justification: As much as I would like a Z-move that becomes a type different than the base move, it makes sense to keep following Gamefreak's pattern. Giga Impact is Dark, so its signature Z-move variant should probably also be Dark.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Cookie Butter's Komala
Cookie Butter's Pulverizing Pancake I guess
ToadBrigade's Tearful Look (sorry for overlooking that)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Komala
Let's do a tiebreaker, Grass/Psychic or Grass/Poison
Drampa
Dragon/Fairy +Moonblast, +Moonlight, +Misty Terrain (By ToadBrigade)
Alolan Raticate Dark/Grass +Spore, +Strenght Sap, +Seed Bomb (By ToadBrigade)
Alolan Rattata Dark No new moves (By ToadBrigade)

Pulverizing Pancake Let's do another tiebreaker, Psychic or Dark
Tearful Look
Water (By AquaticPanic)

We're now entering a Special Slate where you can ask for different changes than the ones we have. Things like making Razor Wind Steel instead of Flying etc. If enough people vote for a change, it'll replace the old one. In this Special Slate, you can also ask for retyped moves to be added to more Pokémons' movepools. All changes are listed in the OP to both moves and Pokémon.

After that, AbNormal (Gen 7) will hopefully be ready to be coded and played. And ready to start again when Gen 8 comes.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Dark Pulverizing Pancake wins the tiebreaker.
Snorlax was changed to Psychic/Dark.
Grass/Psychic Komala wins the tiebreaker.

With that, AbNormal Gen 7 is almost done! It only took over 1 year. We'll be having a final Move-to-Pokémon slate, to give Gen 7 moves to any line that fits thematically. In the meantime, I made an AbNormal spreadsheet to keep all information in one place, except Move-to-Pokemon changes which can be found in the OP.

The moves:
Laser Focus
Multi-Attack
Revelation Dance
Spotlight
Tearful Look

(Pulverizing Pancake can't be given to any line)

My subs:
Revelation Dance to Volcarona, Regice, Regirock, Registeel and Regigigas
Multi-Attack to Mew and Arceus
Laser Focus to Spinarak/Ariados, Skorupi/Drapion and Remoraid/Octillery

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
AbNormal Gen 7 is now done and ready for Gen 8! The AbNormal spreadsheet is fully updated with Move-to-Pokémon changes. Now you can use Ctrl+F in the spreadsheet to find any changes we've made over the course of the project.

But wait, there's more! I will be hosting an AbNormal Open sometime in the near future. Stay tuned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)